facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old January 5, 2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Amar doubt hocche BD players committment niye...
Ki je bolen SS bhai! I have no doubt about their committment at all.

Old January 5, 2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus87
We are getting thrashed tomorrow
Not "we", it's you...!
Old January 5, 2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I would, in fact, recommend dropping one pacer and bringing back Enamul. A much better option be unretiring Rafique, but that is too sensible for BCB to consider.
In test, Enamul should get a call, not in ODI against India!
Old January 5, 2010, 09:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

I think we need to keep the same squad or just bring in Rasel for Rubel. Shafiul deserves another chance and dropping Rubel wouldn't harm much as he hasn't been doing anything extraordinary plus he's been around for a while, so the axe wouldn't dishearten him. No question of dropping Raqibul, and Imrul should get another go as well.
Old January 5, 2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM-JOAD
I hope BD wins and bat second, since everyone consider dew to be a big factor...... However, after losing their game today to Sri Lanka they wont be taking tomorrows game litely... good luck to you guys....

Our Injury list continues... Chamara silva will be replaced by Chandimal, as far as I consider its a blessing since this Kid plays good cricket and every one wants him in the team sooner rather than later.

http://www.cricinfo.com/srilanka/con...er/300628.html
Sri Lanka played really well yesterday. Looks like your team is likely to going to win the cup.
Old January 5, 2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
I think we need to keep the same squad or just bring in Rasel for Rubel. Shafiul deserves another chance and dropping Rubel wouldn't harm much as he hasn't been doing anything extraordinary plus he's been around for a while, so the axe wouldn't dishearten him. No question of dropping Raqibul, and Imrul should get another go as well.
Agree. But, he can wait...

Country > Shaiful > Me.

So, Russel should be in tomorrow in place of Shaiful. I would also like Shahadat in place of RBX. Though RBX is the future IMO.
Old January 5, 2010, 10:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

what gives a thought that Bangladesh will be able to beat either SL or India to reach the final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
What makes you think India will reach the final?
Old January 5, 2010, 10:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

we have no good pacers at the moment. BCB and the couch probably picked Shafiul for a reason. THey probably saw that he was better then both shahadat and Rasel so thats why he played. And if he is the best one in the squad then then we have no chance of beating India.

BD will probably use the strategy of bowling short against India. But inorder for short balls to be lethal, it has to be really fast. I dont thick that Rubel will be able to do this.

The team will probably try using Shahadat for the next match because he bowls short naturally. But his bouncers move at 68 mph. He will get thrashed both Gambhir and Sehwag and everyone else
Old January 5, 2010, 11:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rev. Dave Chappelle

Why dont we just go with a spin heavy attack like we did against zimbabwe, bring the spinners in the 8th over onwards?
Old January 6, 2010, 12:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno
Why dont we just go with a spin heavy attack like we did against zimbabwe, bring the spinners in the 8th over onwards?
Have some respect for SL/Ind please, They are no Zim.
Old January 6, 2010, 12:50 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mark Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Well said. I think there is no need of any replacement for the next game. GO TIGERS......
Old January 6, 2010, 02:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

my prediction: aftab will play tomorrow and he will fulfill one of medium pacers role. though i wanna see rasel and shahadat pairing.

line up probably

tamim
imrul kayes
ashraful
rokibul
mushfiq
shakib
mahmudullah
naeem
aftab
razzaq
rasel

bowling line up will be

rasel---aftab
shakib-razzaq-mahmudullah-naeem
ashraful

Last edited by wiseshah; January 6, 2010 at 02:39 AM..
Old January 6, 2010, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

It was interesting what Ashraful said in Prothom Alo today.. that if we do better than our 'Best' and if India plays less than normal cricket, we can win!! Doesnt seem like he is expecting to win against India.

However, I guess folks, including the players like Ashraful, are discounting the recent India-SL series scores too much to think that India suddenly became invincible. Some of mentioned before that Mirpur is not a high scoring pitch and the ball will keep low... only BD players are well accustomed to this wicket than anyone else. We also mentioned that the dew will become a factor and if we play with the right selection, we do have a strong possibility against ANY team.

The management did a terrible mistake to sensationalize the game by bringing in yet another rookie.. ( how many pacers did Rafiqul introduce and discard in his 2 year tenure??) and not going with international match experienced Rasel/Shahadat when experienced Mashrafee was out. We needed players with temperament. They went for Imrul Kayes whose average was 9.00 before the series instead of in form Shahrier Nafees who has a 30 plus average. Imrul didnt do too bad but its anyone's guess is that he will not survive against India and he wont be that lucky next match.

Had I been in the management team, I would've dropped both Ruble and Shafiul for Rasel and Shahadat. Atleast they can control the line than the two rookies. The rookies can be tried out in New Zealand where they will have bouncy pitches.
Old January 6, 2010, 04:10 AM
Banned

2 changes for sure

shafiul----with rasel---------------must
rubel------with shahadat----------must
imrul with nafees----even if we dont change, doesnt matter in this case.
Old January 6, 2010, 04:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Have some respect for SL/Ind please, They are no Zim.

india made 279
BD made 260

against BD--- srilanka had 3 senior----- sangakara, chamara silva, dashing dilshan
against india---srilanka had 1 senior------sangakara, still Sl beat india

against aussie---- india lost series, when aussie played most matches without
M clarke, johnson, siddles, james hopes, cameron white. a mcdonald,stuart clarke,haddin, graham manou, andrew symonds, katich,watson,brett lee,marcus north, ben hilfenhaus-----all due to injury and 1 suspension

do u think still india is unbeatable?

with proper combination, we can beat india in any given day
Old January 6, 2010, 05:28 AM
Street Cricketer

u cant just depend on the spinners against india....u need guys who can bowl the yorkers,bouncers,and variations in the power play overs...otherwise...ghambir and shewag are gonna eat you ...
Old January 6, 2010, 05:41 AM
Street Cricketer

or else shakib shud bowl in the pp instead of razzaq....there is a chance then to get shewag out.....and about the sl team...i dont think wel win this cup but really excited to see dinesh chandimal...one of ma fav players
Old January 6, 2010, 05:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshoitan
what gives a thought that Bangladesh will be able to beat either SL or India to reach the final?
Had that been our question as well, none of us would be in this forum discussing A-Z about our cricket. So, please..
Old January 6, 2010, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I was really disturbed by what Ash said today in his interview, "if we play better than our best, and Ind plays has a rough day, then we will win"? Seriously? Are India that strong, I dont think so. IND-SL game, without Dilshan Sl managed to remove all doubts about the results around 30th over.
So I dont think India team are that much out of our reach. If we have a good day, regardless of how India plays, I think we can win.
Old January 6, 2010, 06:24 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
Who's to say shahdat or rasel will be ineffective? They've not yet bowled in the series.

I certainly don't think yet another spinner is the answer. Of the two paltry wickets we took yesterday, neither fell to a spinner despite the fact that we had 4 spinners operating (5 if you include Ash's solitary over)!

Enamul is not in the squad, so I don't think a recall for him is likely. If the selectors are looking beyond the 15-man squad, there are certainly more options. Even Tapash or Reza could return...
Shafiul's 5 overs cost 39. Rubel's 7 cost 47. Given Rasel's current form or Shahadat's overall ODI record, I don't see them doing much better. Do we really need another 50 in 6 overs performance? Enamul has bowled well in ODI and may do well here.
Old January 6, 2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
how is adding more of an ineffective thing going to make the situation any better - our two top spinners cudnt make any headway how is enamul going to help the situation?
Our two top spinners yielded 80 in 20 overs. If Enamul does not cost more than 50 in 10 overs, that would certainly help the situation.
Old January 6, 2010, 07:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahms
Saeed Rasel in place for Shafiul
SN for Imrul
Aftab for Rakibul before it is too late.

Shakib should take a break if he fails to perform in next match.
Why replace Raqib with Aftab? So that we get a scoreboard like 0/4? If you watched the game, Raqib didnt throw his wicket away, he got out to a good ball and a stunning catch. He was unlucky, while Aftab will just throw his wicket away. What I love about this new Bangladesh Batting line-up is, they try to fight it out till the end, almost everyone wants to build partnerships. A batsman with an avg of 30+ getting dropped for a batsman who averages 22 just because Raqib did bad in only a single game is insensible to say the least.

While, when Aftab and SN and Kapali were there the Bangladesh team rarely reached scores of 200 or played the full 50 overs, but now thanks to players like Tamim, Mushfique, Raqib, Shaqib, Naeem, Riyad and more responsible batting by Ashraful have made reaching scores of 200+ possible almost consistent. We dont need weak-minded attacking player like Aftab, who are bad at running between the wickets, who doesnt know how to build partnerships and are selfish enough to only care about themselves and not stick to their game plan. This Bangladesh Batting line up shows that almost every batsmen are aware of their roles in the team. I doubt we need some one like Aftab in the team.

IMHO, we dont need to make any changes in our batting line-up, maybe switch Imrul for SN( even that isnt needed really) and we dont need to worry about our spinners, what we need to do is find some good fast bowlers who can keep the runs in check for the first 10 overs. The quality of our present fast-bowling reminds me of the Shanto-Monju era. Its like we had gone back in time, instead of moving forward with our fast-bowlers and their quality

Last edited by dark mage; January 6, 2010 at 07:36 AM..
Old January 6, 2010, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I dont think that BD will win any matches here, this is not Zim and the WI, these are world class players in both teams. SL has some good young players who are trying to cement their place in the team by performing. This is a new team to watch out for more wins in the international arena.
IMO, it is good that BD is playing against these 2 teams, even if they lose, they will learn and gain experience to play against better teams. If they can improve their bowling, they can be more competitive.
What is happening to Sakib's form? Why did he go for that shot? He must curb his aggression at the beginning of his innings. Hopes he perform better from now on.
Old January 6, 2010, 08:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Sakib, Ash

hopefully raqib well get to score more runs in the 2nd ODI.
hes a solid batsman although the other day he was lookin pretty offbeat.
Im expecting a good performance from him sometime soon
cmon tigers!
Old January 6, 2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
I have always believed that a team should play with their best 4[or 5] bowlers, regardless of what is their specialty. And if we go with out best 5 bowlers, 4 of them at the moment will be spinners. And we need to realize that, if we dont play our best bowlers we cant win. Let India be the best team against spin, but if Raz/Shak keeps their line & length like they did against SL, I would prefer them over any pacer in our team.
I am in 100% agreement.