facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 7, 2018, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Hell Marry stocks ki biar porey shorur er kaas thekey pawa jai? Just wondering

Sometimes if shoshur is trying to get rid of that Hell of a daughter.

Old October 7, 2018, 04:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
😆

But I'll stick to my knitting and sit tight until this deep value opp comes good. Maybe one day it'll be hell merry
Yes keep waiting. You have been waiting for 5+ years. We all know and it is well documented.
Old October 7, 2018, 05:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Yes keep waiting. You have been waiting for 5+ years. We all know and it is well documented.
Yeh..profitable.

Bye now mate
Old October 7, 2018, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
No not everybody just you because you act like a wannabe. ur extent of finance argument in this thread is on a 4 inch cell phone autocorrect typing . Be gone and stay in your place - the fantsy bubble.
yes blame autocorrect for getting both words wrong. Another hell marry -- wait for it...wait for it... and its no where close! idump throws it away again.
Old October 7, 2018, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

why are you guys trying to send poor Mary to hell? All she did is break one small school rule
Old October 7, 2018, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

In the last couple of years my high risk allocation primarily consisted of crypto and MJ stocks, so can't complain at all. I do think these have become overvalued now, so I've been reallocating. No point going into details of why two years ago I felt MJ was going to take off, as it has become common knowledge to every investor by now.

I'm curious to learn what you guys think of hemp, one of the areas I've been researching for my next high risk play. Here's the cliff note version--Cannabis contains THC (part that makes you high) and CBD (part that has medical benefits). Most US states have legalized it for medical use (think CBD), some states have legalized for both medical and recreational use (think THC). Federal govt however hasn't legalized it; consequently most cannabis companies today are based out of Canada and trade on CA exchanges. Hemp contains more CBD than cannabis and almost no THC. There's been some serious effort to legalize hemp, spearheaded by senator Mitch McConnell in particular. Since 2014, area in which hemp is grown in Kentucky increased from 40 acres to over 14,000 acres. I've been keeping an eye on the Farm bill through which McConnell is pushing to legalize hemp. It didn't pass in July, I think they'll try again in November and if it doesn't go through then again some time next year. If it passes the cannabis industry could be disrupted.
Old October 7, 2018, 06:25 PM
Cricket Legend

^finally an informative post serving the thread. zman i like your thinking. Informed high risk. :thumbs: Not dumb hell marry.
Old October 8, 2018, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
why are you guys trying to send poor Mary to hell? All she did is break one small school rule
It's not mary bhai, it's marry. Maaaaary - say it like a bhera. A native speaking bhera taught me that one.

Quote:
In the last couple of years my high risk allocation primarily consisted of crypto and MJ stocks, so can't complain at all. I do think these have become overvalued now, so I've been reallocating. No point going into details of why two years ago I felt MJ was going to take off, as it has become common knowledge to every investor by now.
Somebody once told me I'd rather buy actual weed than MJ

Quote:
I'm curious to learn what you guys think of hemp, one of the areas I've been researching for my next high risk play. Here's the cliff note version--Cannabis contains THC (part that makes you high) and CBD (part that has medical benefits). Most US states have legalized it for medical use (think CBD), some states have legalized for both medical and recreational use (think THC). Federal govt however hasn't legalized it; consequently most cannabis companies today are based out of Canada and trade on CA exchanges. Hemp contains more CBD than cannabis and almost no THC. There's been some serious effort to legalize hemp, spearheaded by senator Mitch McConnell in particular. Since 2014, area in which hemp is grown in Kentucky increased from 40 acres to over 14,000 acres. I've been keeping an eye on the Farm bill through which McConnell is pushing to legalize hemp. It didn't pass in July, I think they'll try again in November and if it doesn't go through then again some time next year. If it passes the cannabis industry could be disrupted.
Great summary. I learned something. Question, do you have a position on HEMP? I've held since Dec just to wait and see. RTI supposedly has the best tech for extraction (? not sure) so consider that too. What do u think?

The bill will definitely pass, if that puts you at ease
Old October 8, 2018, 07:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
Yeh..profitable.
Good.

btw i think your GE pick for a value play is a good one. I am thinking of buying.

Market feels a little jittery to me however. Even though the overall index may appear stable but it's due to some top weighted stock's performance and not reflective of how many of the stocks are performing.
Old October 8, 2018, 10:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I’ve recently reactivated my brokerage account and looking to invest some. I haven’t followed the market closely in a while.

I was only invested through my 401k.

But looking for some mutual funds or ETFs now. Not looking to day or short term trade.

Any ideas?
Old October 8, 2018, 02:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Question, do you have a position on HEMP? I've held since Dec just to wait and see. RTI supposedly has the best tech for extraction (? not sure) so consider that too. What do u think?

The bill will definitely pass, if that puts you at ease
I've heard of HEMP, don't know much about them. Just looked up RTI and found that they have some kind of tie up with Aurora, which is one of my MJ stocks. I also have Aphria, CGC and TLRY although I've been a seller lately. CWEB is the hemp media darling but quite expensive. I've also heard good things about CVSI and ISOL but haven't researched them yet.
Old October 8, 2018, 03:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Be mindful of ETFs. Often factors like liquidity of the underlying stock and ETFs rebalancing can negatively affect performance.

If you can allocate your funds across a variety of mutual funds then you should be able to construct a portfolio that is favorable to current conditions.
Old October 8, 2018, 10:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I've heard of HEMP, don't know much about them. Just looked up RTI and found that they have some kind of tie up with Aurora, which is one of my MJ stocks. I also have Aphria, CGC and TLRY although I've been a seller lately. CWEB is the hemp media darling but quite expensive. I've also heard good things about CVSI and ISOL but haven't researched them yet.
Not sure abotu isol but CVSI looks good to me. Unfortunately not in a position to buy at the moment. Getting ready to buy a house and need cash. I will still keep HEMP though.
Old October 8, 2018, 10:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I’ve recently reactivated my brokerage account and looking to invest some. I haven’t followed the market closely in a while.

I was only invested through my 401k.

But looking for some mutual funds or ETFs now. Not looking to day or short term trade.

Any ideas?
S and P or DOW based ETFs make sense but with the market at all time highs, and with such an unconventional President at the helm, the market is due to take a hit. But you can make money there too...there's SDOW which gains 2.5 points for every point the actual DOW loses. But its super high risk.

Granted I'm an investing novice, and I don't believe that any analyst has a clue of what is going on. The market is purely based on luck and intuition...a Wharton degree won't help you. You do have to know what the trend is or rather will be, and then get lucky.

For example, I bought some Spotify stock hoping it would be the next Netflix and sure enough I made some siginificant gains, but now its fallen below what I bought it for. I'm confident it will go up again, but there is always a chance it might not.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 11, 2018, 01:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Is it a mini hiccup or long lasting turmoil
Old October 12, 2018, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Not a long lasting turmoil but I don't think it's a minor hiccup either. Market was feeling jittery and this sell off was kind of expected I thought . Problem is 2019 will be rough year with fed rising interest rate . They not gonna slow down (rightly so) . 2018 due to small increase along with other a stimulus like corporate tax cut ..Market escaped shedding from rate hike and it happened in the back . But there are no more pending "stimulus" and I think 2019 will be testing for market with rate hikes ..

I think I lost close to 20 grand this week probably much more ..not even looking ... but I think more pain is to come .

I want rate hike ...I think it's a good thing over long run. this will atleast give CDs /high savings worth a look for investments .. and housing price to ease .
Old October 16, 2018, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

https://www.wsj.com/articles/uber-pr...s&page=1&pos=1

Uber proposed value in ipo 120 billion dollars.

I been dying to have this company go public for years now but they decided to go public as a very mature company and with in my opinion a ridiculous price tag. What's the upside now? If valued at 50 billion or so you can argue that you can take it past 100 but at 120.. DAMN!!! And they are still losing money.

I can forsee this as a long term play only if it's able to use automatic driverless car as it's mode of transport. Their revenues rises significantly but also brings in a lot of headache and responsibilities that's now carried by the independent contractors. But eventually can be a game changer and massively profitable. But other than that at current state it's a pretty rich valuation in my opinion.
Old October 24, 2018, 07:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Well that was a severe blow
Old October 25, 2018, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Well that was a severe blow
Come to think of it - maybe I should have tried to time it. Kinda saw the sell off coming the way index was behaving with few top weighted companies holding the index intact. I am so emotionally detached. I am at minus 45K this month and I don't feel anything. It would have been worth while to time it i think.

I am still not convinced this sell off is over though. This is very typical market selling... back to back days of selling followed by positive blips but the downtrend remains. It's somewhat hard to read opinion pieces that write some stocks are cheap and on sale and asking readers to buy. NOt too sure that's the best advice. I know it's october historically a selling month but that's for tax purposes and u would see losses if market didn't do particularly well (why would ppl sell to pay taxes ?) . Perhaps the midterm election may turn things around but then what will prevent market to go farther down when federal reserve will show no inclination to stop raising rates? Some of the earnings aren't really justifying the stock prices either.

mortgage rate already close to 5. I just got a quote at 4.75 when 3 years ago I was getting 3.5. with the new tax laws and this rising rate i expect the housing price to fall further into 2019. Also if market falls, housing will follow also.
Old October 25, 2018, 10:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Retirement is already disrupt, housing will disrupt soon although there is a forceful attempt to not let certain things happen like alternate real state, self-driving cars etc. to capture major market share but eventually with time those will start to lead based on consumer demand. So, real estate investment is now cursory. The best investment for next 10 years will be depending on your skill starting a home/online business. It will not be huge income but at least positive for portfolio.
Old October 25, 2018, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Come to think of it - maybe I should have tried to time it. Kinda saw the sell off coming the way index was behaving with few top weighted companies holding the index intact. I am so emotionally detached. I am at minus 45K this month and I don't feel anything. It would have been worth while to time it i think.

I am still not convinced this sell off is over though. This is very typical market selling... back to back days of selling followed by positive blips but the downtrend remains. It's somewhat hard to read opinion pieces that write some stocks are cheap and on sale and asking readers to buy. NOt too sure that's the best advice. I know it's october historically a selling month but that's for tax purposes and u would see losses if market didn't do particularly well (why would ppl sell to pay taxes ?) . Perhaps the midterm election may turn things around but then what will prevent market to go farther down when federal reserve will show no inclination to stop raising rates? Some of the earnings aren't really justifying the stock prices either.

mortgage rate already close to 5. I just got a quote at 4.75 when 3 years ago I was getting 3.5. with the new tax laws and this rising rate i expect the housing price to fall further into 2019. Also if market falls, housing will follow also.
I've been a seller since the beginning of the month. Generally I don't sell stocks directly unless they're part of my high risk allocation. My way of selling is buying put options instead to protect the losses. I agree with most of your concerns. In addition, I'm not sure midterm results will help turn things around. Democrats will likely regain control and they'll make it difficult for Trump to effect any policy changes going forward.
Old October 28, 2018, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I am so emotionally detached. .
Just logged into all the my accounts across all platform. Finally sank in and starting to hurt a little. But the only way i can prevent this is to go into a day trade mode which I rather not as I can't be watching the market full time.

It's easy to lock in profit and pull out but difficult decision is getting back in. That's where I struggle most of the time.

Since a decision has been made i will stick to it and try to lower my cost of purchase. If 2019 brings down over all market another 20 percent or so which I think will happen if rates cont to rise - instead of trying to prevent loss I am gonna do the opposite and go into a full throttle buying mode. Pretty much at 50% higher of my current auto purchases... I am at my accumulation phase in life. So let's do that - accumulate.

I feel blessed to be in a position to do some of these things... I still have more room to really feel the pinch and go into an extreme buying mode but that will be done only if the market is in turmoil.... extreme buying mode to me is directly putting your paycheck to market and live off of ur savings as if you lost your job.

I know of couple of high earners who save 70 to 80% of their income. but they are single without any responsibilities of life. Their whole goal in life is to see their net asset grow and masturbate to it.
Old October 29, 2018, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Eventhough IBM is playing catchup, i think their current dividend yield makes it not a bad purcahse at 115 to 118 area. It touched this morning. if it breaks down that resistence next stop is at 75. it's always enticing when aristrocatric stocks do so poorly.

Old October 29, 2018, 10:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
you can try shorting this stock if they are available: TLRY
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TLRY?p=TLRY

it's a marijuana stock that gained traction recently and shot up more than it's worth. Already came down a lot.

This is NOT an advice. There are many wreckless way to make or lose money in market like blitzkrieg but imo that's not smart money.
Look even my hell mary risky play came out good. 150 (when i posted) to 99 in less than a month. that's pretty blitzy i think.
Old October 29, 2018, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

From time to time Idumb makes good calls (which most can do, don't have to be expert), but overall his been taking a heavy beating. He explains well, but unfortunately on the other side of the table (losing). Sometimes you have to talk the talk, walk the walk.

I sincerely hope you recover all you have lost in the last couple of months. Stay safe.