facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 22, 2014, 11:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I am not sure if there is any apology form like this but it is a good idea to have nonetheless

Old February 23, 2014, 08:35 AM
Administrator

I said on another thread:

Quote:
I think the punishment fits the crime. But - knowing how things work, I expect a second meeting sometime later where the BCB reduces the suspension to 1 match because 'Shakib is truly contrite'. It's a game being played. Nobody is learning a lesson.
And now:

Mushfiq seeks clemency for Shakib
Star Online Report

Bangladesh skipper Mushfiqur Rahim requested the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) again today to reconsider the punishment to all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan.

more

Quote:
"We have talked to Papon bhai (BCB president) and we wanted to tell him that we respect the board’s decision. But we have a few players who are injured, even I am not fully fit, don’t know if I can keep as yet, so some of our regular players will be missed," the captain said.

"So our request was that because it was three match ban if possible to make it a one-match ban for the sake of the team," Mushfiq added.

10 .. 9 ... 8 ... 7 ... 6 ... 5 ...

I can probably bet my bottom dollar Shakib will be in the match against India.
Old February 23, 2014, 08:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Deny his NOC to play IPL and bring him back to play for national team in Asia Cup.. Because I think banning him from Asia cup is not even a punishment for him as he will utilize the time to do more ads and earn whatever he would lose by not playing those 2 matches...
Why are you so mad at him all of a sudden? What did he do to you?

O ki emon korse je NOC deny korbe BCB?

Matha gorom hoye geche tai ektu misbehave korse tar jonne 3 match ban ta khub beshi hoye geche. 1 match ban ar kisu taka fine korlei hoto.

er cheye onek boro ghotona ghotse koi tokhon to kaoke eto fine korte dekhinai. Tamim, Ashraful aro koto jon.
Old February 23, 2014, 09:01 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I can probably bet my bottom dollar Shakib will be in the match against India.
Hush. Let the Indians under estimate us. Muhahaha!
Old February 23, 2014, 09:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun
Hush. Let the Indians under estimate us. Muhahaha!
a proper team never under estimate oposition unlike be jara age theke lagay

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old February 23, 2014, 09:20 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

U got my respect musy... If sakib back it will be because of u.... Good mate to be with your down solider. Now im feeling yes asia cup front of our door...after 3rd odi lose i can see without sakib what will happend to us against india.? So papon, let sakib play for his counrty.
Old February 23, 2014, 10:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

no way!
Old February 23, 2014, 10:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Come on cricinfo, that's too far now. You've crossed the line.
Old February 23, 2014, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Lighten up. That was funny.
Old February 23, 2014, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad

Matha gorom hoye geche tai ektu misbehave korse tar jonne 3 match ban ta khub beshi hoye geche. 1 match ban ar kisu taka fine korlei hoto.

er cheye onek boro ghotona ghotse koi tokhon to kaoke eto fine korte dekhinai. Tamim, Ashraful aro koto jon.
Funny Shakib amar ki korbe !!! I have been mad at him for a long time for his reckless batting.. You get mad at people you expect the most.. I don't expect him to score 50 /100 all the time but I expect him to be little more responsible.. We would have won those close matches had he delivered .. And that tasteless incident was just the tip of the iceburg.. I have supported him, defended him time and time again but this time he himself didn't leave a room for his fans to defend.. It hurts when the person you respect so much does something silly to lose your respect

Last edited by oronnya; February 23, 2014 at 01:12 PM..
Old February 23, 2014, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad

Btw Shakib er cheye gross behave r ke korse... Tamim galigalaj korse, ash audience pitaise but emon nongrami to kore nai... R Ash ja korse tar yporeo ami emon e rege giyechhilam and can't forgive him either..
Old February 23, 2014, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Funny Shakib amar ki korbe !!! I have been mad at him for a long time for his reckless batting.. You get mad at people you expect the most.. I don't expect him to score 50 /100 but all the time but I expect him to be little more responsible.. We would have won those close matches had he delivered .. And that tasteless incident was just the tip of the iceburg.. I have supported him, defended him time and time again but this time he himself didn't leave a room for his fans to defend.. It hurts when the person you respect so much does something silly to lose your respect
Well said..
Old February 23, 2014, 12:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Lighten up. That was funny.
thats my reaction to this series and shakibs action.
Old February 23, 2014, 02:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

CI report... Though the BCB has not made any official comment on the matter, the public backlash will stop the board from rethinking the earlier decision to ban Shakib for three matches.
"I don't think the ban will be reduced. The decision is already taken, so there is very little chance that we will reconsider it," said a BCB director requesting anonymity.
Old February 23, 2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
CI report... Though the BCB has not made any official comment on the matter, the public backlash will stop the board from rethinking the earlier decision to ban Shakib for three matches.
"I don't think the ban will be reduced. The decision is already taken, so there is very little chance that we will reconsider it," said a BCB director requesting anonymity.
What a non Bangladeshi thinks...from CI

Posted by Dimitri Kaushik on (February 23, 2014, 18:51 GMT)
I'm an indian cricket fan and i want Shakib's suspension to be reviewed. He has the X-factor and with the senior players missing out due to injuries, his presence is even more important for the Bangladesh team. His value in the lower middle order and with the ball is immense. His presence in the field is always known. C'mon BCB.. As an indian cricket fan, i want teams to challenge my team with their full potential and i know with these injuries, you guys are not upto your full potential. But indians are wounded too after a couple of bad overseas tours. But one match ban and a fine should have been enough. 3 matches.. A bit too much.
Old February 23, 2014, 03:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

^^^ Rubbing salt in to the wound
Old February 23, 2014, 03:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Dimitri Kaushik, isn't he a member of Banglacricket?? I just hope your team find some redemption by Thrashing their favorites Sri Lanka. But difference is that lankans has their tails up and india just came off a horrible tour.
He's right, Shakib can be the X-Factor for Bangladesh in the Asia Cup. I can agree that this team is out of sorts at the moment. But if they can gather up some unity and comradery between players, then anything is possible, They have nothing to lose.
Old February 23, 2014, 10:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

By the way if India beats Bd then bd fan will say they dont play with full power though indians r not with full power

Old February 23, 2014, 10:32 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The way we are playing right now even the captain is looking to get through this with our lungi intact. Don't think any excuses will find traction in this situation.
Old February 23, 2014, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik
By the way if India beats Bd then bd fan will say they dont play with full power though indians r not with full power

Lolz, what if india loses to bd. I wonder what fantasy excuse we gonna experience..
Old February 23, 2014, 11:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Comparing Shakib's ban with Kholi's no-ban makes no sense.

1) This is not the first time Shakib has had disciplinary issues: http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/721459.html. To my knowledge, that was Kholi's first instance.

2) Kholi gives a damn about his NT, Shakib doesn't atm. Completely different attitudes and reactions w.r.t. what they did.

3) Kholi has been performing for India, Shakib hasn't been.

4) Since when is the BCCI the benchmark for making sense? They're better since the 2007 WC, but Sri Lanka's is the only board in the subcontinent that is sensible.

Lets not be biased just because Shakib is your favorite player. A lot of people also have a very short-term view of this. Yes, we could have used his bowling vs India, but I'd rather have an improved Shakib, an improved and a more professional batsman and bowler, post-suspension. This also sends a strong signal to the rest of the squad.

I don't agree with the five-match ban or NOC withdrawal suggestions though. This is the first "sentence," and the NOC punishment doesn't fit the crime either. Those are more fitting for repeated and/or more severe violations.
Old February 23, 2014, 11:54 PM
Test Cricketer

And if don't beat Afg, then it won't be because we will be without Shakib. If we can't beat Afg with or without Shakib, it's sad regardless. And I'm not underrating Afg.
Old February 24, 2014, 02:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

বাংলাদেশ দলের পক্ষ থেকে সাকিব আল হাসানের শাস্তি কমানোর অনুরোধ করা হয়েছিল। কিন্তু অনুরোধ প্রত্যাখ্যান করেছে বিসিবি। বিসিবির মিডিয়া কমিটির প্রধান জালাল ইউনুস কাল জানিয়ে দিয়েছেন, ‘সাকিবের শাস্তি প্রত্যাহার বা কমানোরও কোনো সম্ভাবনা নেই। বোর্ড নিজেদের সিদ্ধান্তে অটল।’
পরশু শ্রীলঙ্কার বিপক্ষে শেষ ওয়ানডের পর বিসিবি সভাপতি নাজমুল হাসানের সঙ্গে দেখা করে সাকিবের শাস্তি কমানোর অনুরোধ করেন বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিম, মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা ও কোচ শেন জার্গেনসেন। বোর্ড সভাপতি তখন বিষয়টা নিয়ে চিঠি দিতে বলেন। তবে কয়েকজন পরিচালকের সঙ্গে আলোচনা করে রাতেই ভারপ্রাপ্ত প্রধান নির্বাহী কর্মকর্তা নিজাম উদ্দিন চৌধুরীর মাধ্যমে সভাপতি মুশফিকদের জানিয়ে দেন, চিঠি দিয়েও কোনো লাভ হবে না। বোর্ডের সিদ্ধান্ত অপরিবর্তিত থাকবে।
এশিয়া কাপ উপলক্ষে কাল বিকেলে হোটেল সোনারগাঁওয়ে অনুষ্ঠিত মুশফিকের সংবাদ সম্মেলনেও বারবার এসেছে সাকিবের শাস্তি কমানোর প্রসঙ্গ। বিসিবি সভাপতির কাছে এমন অনুরোধ করার কথা স্বীকার করে বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়ক ব্যাখ্যা করেছেন কারণটাও, ‘বোর্ড যে সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছে সেটাকে আমরা সম্মান করি। যে খেলোয়াড়ই হোক না কেন, এ রকম ঘটনা ঘটালে এমন শাস্তিই হওয়া উচিত। তবে আমাদের কিছু খেলোয়াড় আছে যারা চোটগ্রস্ত। তামিম খেলতে পারছে না, মাশরাফি ভাইও খুব ফিট নন। আমিও চিন্তিত কিপিং করতে পারব কি না। সেদিক থেকে চিন্তা করেই সিদ্ধান্তটা পুনর্বিবেচনার অনুরোধ করেছিলাম।’ source:PA
Old February 24, 2014, 03:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Shakib's absence will be a major factor if we fail to do well in the tournament, but only Shakib can be blamed for his suspension. The failed request to lessen his suspension, though understandable being the player he still is, was a sissy move from a weak willed and morally ambivalent captain who's liked but not listened to by his own admission. Code of conduct and basic social standards must be valued over convenience. I see the suspension as a great opportunity for Shakib to overcome some of his fame and fortune fueled douchery, and come back a better player who rotates the strike, bats more sensibly, and plays according to the match situation he understands very well. It has to be about the team and not him or any other teammate.

Having said that, there are plenty of reasons other than Shakib's suspension that can cost us games during the tournament. Mushfiq ought to focus more on some of those issues such as dropping catches, bowling the obligatory boundary balls pretty much in every over, defensive and counterproductive field setting regardless of match situation, pi$$ poor rotation of bowlers especially at death, unforced batting errors due to premeditation and panoramic retardation, and casually throwing one's wicket away after doing enough to stay on the payroll.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; February 24, 2014 at 03:31 AM..
Old February 24, 2014, 03:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Hope the ones playing can step up in Tamim and Shakib's absence.