facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 22, 2015, 09:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

MCG, Huge Ground, you bat first and put on a mammoth total. Even the best batting lineup in the world will have a tough time chasing a big total in this ground. It's obvious that Bangladesh were fatigued out. Mortaza was going to run out of steam at some point, Let's be thankful that it happened in the Quarter final game as opposed to the England game(he pretty much fought against his own body and willpower to keep going)

People who criticizes Shakib's captaincy, He is still a decent captain(nearly pulled off a win against a semi-finalist team). Mortaza still should play and captain the side but he should not bowl his entire quota of 10 overs. as Michael Holding says, this guy is inspirational, just him captaining the side is enough to inspire the entire team to be at their best(something Bangladesh really needs, especially for a culture where the guys don't give their best at times after instant herofication). Keep Mortaza as captain, but He should be used and playing just like he did against Zimbabwe. The question of captaincy should not come up until Mortaza himself officially comes out and says "I am calling it quits from all formats of the game". Rahim will remain test captain for now i think(let's see how Bangladesh does in tests this year). If Bangladesh goes on to play about let's say 10 tests against top 8 opposition, we should win at least 2 of them. This is the standard I am setting for the current test captain, if we fail to achieve that then i think we can change the test captain....

Old March 22, 2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
There are less subtleties in football. The only occasion I can think of would be during a call for pass interference. Also, with the exception of a few QBs and RBs there really are not many stars who can swing the game individually.
Probably you're right. NFL has a fair share of bad calls too but the scope for star performer is low.
Old March 22, 2015, 12:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
C'mon gang. Have a little faith. By sheer inertia we should quality for a WC. The qualifying rounds will be in BD. If in our home grounds, we can't finish in the top 2 amongst Zim + Associates, the we should forget cricket and do the proverbial কচু গাছের তলায় গিয়ে ফাঁশি.

And I'd contend we didn't lose the last two matches badly. Against NZ, we had the best batting and bowling performance of ANY team in the WC. In fact Windies kept on bowling Benn instead of Taylor against the Kiwis simply to see if they could pull some Shak-fu kinda magic.

As for the India game, a) give the Indian fielders a lot of credit and the bowlers props too and b) with an underdog, when all the calls start going against you, there is a precipitous drop. Regardless of the validity of the calls, the Raina, Rohit and Riyadh decisions probably broke our collective batting wills. Shouldn't have but it did. This doesn't mean that overnight our batters became crap.

In fact, the things I'd like the team to work on from now on are:

1) Continue the 3 pacer approach. Ian Pont has been screaming about this from day 1 but we really are blessed with 2 world-class all-rounders in Mushy and Shak and 2 more than handy offies in Riyadh and Nasir. We have NO reason NOT to play 3 pacers for the next 4 years so that by the time the WC 2019 in Engerland comes about, we are good to go with Taskin/Rubel/Abul/Shafiul/Mustafiz (the leftie). Mash will retire by next year - if not he should be nudged in that direction.

2) Continue to break out of the underdog mindset. What was heartening to me was NOT our win against England or hard fought game against NZ. We played those two games with nothing to lose. It was the dominant mindset we showed Afghanistan and Scotland that was impressive. We need to stop letting the inevitable Michael Jordan calls (i.e. assume that the 50/50 or 60/40 calls will go to the bigger team) break our will

3) Impose some serious fitness regimen for all 22 national periphery players. Someone like TIK - who is our best opener ever - should NOT be running out of steam in the 20th over of batting and Shak should not have a bhuri. We should aspire to have one of the toughest fitness standard of all Test nations and that will magically improve our RBTW and Fielding.

Ace of BD,এত সহজে নিরাশ হতে নাই রে ভাই
Top post!

As Doc has said I'm guardedly optimistic. I will not say "2019 we will be champs" because the reality is we have a long way to go yet.

But I firmly believe we can be ranked 5-8 by the next world cup.

WI are going nowhere, and if the BCCI finds jurisdiction to sue them for 40 million, then bye bye and we are 8th by default. Zimbabwe are now associates, heck they were before Taylor left. Now they will be fighting UAE for 13th spot behind Ireland and Afghanistan.

SL will struggle with Sanga and Jaya gone. Excited about Chameera who is even quicker than Taskin, but our boy Shade won't be trolling here for several years. That is if he didn't get an MI after SA raped em in every hole.

PAK are a mess unless they start blooding their youngsters, but we should be able to achieve and maintain parity with them.

England just suck.

So no reason we can't climb to 5th or 6th in the next 4 years.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 22, 2015, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

The points in this post just cannot be over emphasized. I totally concur with all points and especially liked point 2 as that's exactly how I also felt.
Quote:
What was heartening to me was NOT our win against England or hard fought game against NZ. We played those two games with nothing to lose. It was the dominant mindset we showed Afghanistan and Scotland that was impressive.
Quote:
As for the India game, a) give the Indian fielders a lot of credit and the bowlers props too and b) with an underdog, when all the calls start going against you, there is a precipitous drop. Regardless of the validity of the calls, the Raina, Rohit and Riyadh decisions probably broke our collective batting wills. Shouldn't have but it did. This doesn't mean that overnight our batters became crap.
To add, when a few crucial calls go against a team or the team loses couple of key wickets, this effect is observed not only in underdogs but also amongst the best of teams. In this world cup alone at one point or another every team has shown this effect with the exception of Aus, NZ and Ind so far, and if I had to bet I'd bet on couple more of these teams being crossed off the list before a new champion is crowned.
Old March 22, 2015, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Ul farqan don't like your attitude to the west indies,lets hope the bcci suing windies is a blip.,anyway thats the wrong way to get to 8th.
Pakistan will bounce back they always do.
On zimbabwe sadly they are cooked.
Old March 22, 2015, 02:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

সত্যি কথা বলতে কি... এই ওয়ার্ল্ড কাপে বাংলাদেশের পারফর্মেন্স অঙ্কের হিসাবে 'এ্যভারেজ' এর চাইতে অল্প একটু ভাল... অসাধারন ভাল না। মাত্র তো একটাই বড় ম্যাচ জিতেছি আমরা! কিন্তু তার পরেও এই পারফর্মেন্স সবাইকে প্রচন্ড আশাবাদী করে ফেলেছে দু’য়েকটা বিশেষ কারনে।

প্রথম কারনটা হল, আশাহীন অবস্থা থেকে ধীরে ধীরে সময়মত ক্লিক্‌ করতে পারা... To be able to change gears at times when it really mattered. প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচে খুবই খারাপ করার পরেও প্রথম ম্যাচে আফগানিস্তানের সাথে বাংলাদেশ বেশ ভালভাবেই লেভেল-আপ করে ফেললো, যেটা অনেক সময়েই দেখা যায়না। শ্রীলংকার সাথে ছিল দলের প্রথম সত্যিকার টাফ্‌ ম্যাচ... যেটাতে ভাল ধোলাই খাওয়া কিছুটা দরকার ছিল। এই ম্যাচে ধাক্কাটা না খেলে বাংলাদেশ টুর্নামেন্টের মুডে আসতো না বোধকরি। এরপর স্কটল্যান্ড-ম্যাচে আবার ছন্দে ফিরে আসা... আর গ্রুপ পর্বের বাকি দুই ম্যাচ তো প্রায় রূপকথা!

দ্বিতীয় কারনটা হল পুরো দলের এ্যাটিচিউডে দেখার মত পরিবর্তন। আফগান-স্কটদের বিরুদ্ধে পরিষ্কার পেশাদার পারফর্মেন্স... অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বিরুদ্ধে বৃষ্টি-ভেজা দিনে মুভিং-ফাস্ট-বাউন্সি পিচে ছিন্নভিন্ন হবার সম্ভাবনা থাকার পরও মাঠে নেমে খেলার জন্য অধীর হয়ে থাকা... ইংল্যান্ড ম্যাচে শেষ মুহুর্ত পর্যন্ত মরন-কামড় দিয়ে ম্যাচ বের করে আনা... আর... নিউজিল্যান্ডের মত কাপ-এর দাবিদার দলকে শক্ত নার্ভাস জয় উপহার দেয়া... প্রত্যেক যায়গায় একেবারেই ভয় জাগানো এ্যটিচিউড দেখিয়ে গেছে দলটা! কোয়ার্টার ফাইনালের ম্যাচটা আসলে নষ্ট হয়ে গিয়েছে বেশ কিছু কারনে... কিন্তু তার আগ পর্যন্ত বাংলাদেশ দল সম্পর্কে পুরো ক্রিকেট বিশ্বের এক কথায় মন্তব্য ছিল এরকম “এদের হারানোর কিছুই নেই... আর এরা ছেড়ে কথা বলতে একেবারেই নারাজ”! হ্যাঁ... আসলেই এরকম একটা ‘গেরিলা-ইমেজ’ তৈরী করে ফেলতে পেরেছিল এরা...

এখন... বাংলাদেশের এই ওয়ার্ল্ড কাপের পারফর্মেন্স-কে আমরা কি চোখে দেখবো? হঠাৎ দেখানো ফ্লুক? নাকি সত্যিকারের রাইজ-অফ-দি-টাইগার্স? নাকি কোনটাই না? সম্পূর্ণ একটা চিত্র পাওয়ার অহেতুক চেষ্টায় পাতার পর পাতা এ্যানালাইসিস লেখা যেতে পারে গত পাঁচ-সাত বছরে বাংলাদেশ দলের প্লেয়ার-পুল, সিলেকশন, উঠতি ট্যালেন্ট কিম্বা সিনিয়রদের ধারাবাহিকতা নিয়ে। কথা বলা যেতে পারে এই সময়ে আমাদের বিদেশী কোচিং স্টাফের আসা-যাওয়া এবং তাদের অবদান নিয়ে। কিন্তু খেয়াল করলে দেখা যাবে... ডমেস্টিক সিস্‌টেম, প্লেয়ার পাইপলাইন, মাঝারি লেভেলের অভিজ্ঞ প্লেয়ার পুল, ভাল মানের আন্তর্জাতিক ম্যাচ খেলার সুযোগ, ভাল এবং স্টেব্‌ল কোচিং স্টাফ এসব ফ্যাক্টর আসলে বাংলাদেশের জন্য গত পাঁচ বছরে মোটামুটি একই রকম থেকেছে। কখনো বা একটু ভাল... কখনো একটু খারাপ। সেই সাথে দলের পারফর্মেন্সও একটু ভাল আর খারাপ এর মধ্যে বন্দি।

তবে হ্যাঁ... গত কয়েক মাসে পরিবর্তন হয়েছে একটা জায়গায়... সেটা হল নেতৃত্ত্ব। আমার মতে, এই একটা জায়গায় আমরা সত্যিকার ভাবেই অনেক বড় প্লাস পয়েন্টে চলে এসেছি... যেটা আমাদের গত পাঁচ বছরের একই মানের প্লেয়ার-পুল বা কোচিং-স্টাফ কে দিয়েই সম্পূর্ণ ভিন্ন ধরনের রেজাল্ট আনার জন্য বড় ফ্যাক্টর হিসেবে কাজ করছে এখন। এই একটা ফ্যাক্টরের অভাবে দিনের পর দিন পরিশ্রম কিম্বা গবেষণা করেও একটা নির্দিষ্ট লেভেলের উপরে উঠতে পারেনি দলটা ... সেটা এখন ধীরে ধীরে পারছে প্রথমবারের মত ‘তার-ছিড়া’ একজন ক্যাপ্টেন পেয়ে। এই ক্যাপ্টেনেরও সমস্যা আছে... প্রেশারে পড়ে কল্যাপ্‌স করে মাঝে মধ্যে। কিন্তু যখন ফোকাস্‌ড থাকে সে... তখন দলকে উজ্জ্বীবিত করে ফেলতে পারে প্রচন্ডভাবেই! দলের এ্যাটিচিউডে পরিষ্কার পরিবর্তনের পেছনে এই কারনটাই বড় বলে সন্দেহ করার যথেষ্ট কারন আছে।

সমস্যা হল... এই কথা যদি সত্যি হয়... তাহলে তা একই সঙ্গে সু-সংবাদ এবং দুশ্চিন্তার কারনও! কারন অবস্থাদৃষ্টে মনে হচ্ছে... এমনকি বোলার হিসেবেও মাশরাফীর ক্যারিয়ার বোধহয় দ্রুতই শেষ হয়ে আসছে! দলে থাকার মত ফিট্‌নেস/পারফর্মেন্সই যদি তার না থাকে... তাহলে সে ক্যাপ্টেন্সী আর করবে কিভাবে? অন্ততঃ এটুকু এখন বলা যায় যে... যতজন ক্যাপ্টেন আমরা অতীতে বানানোর চেষ্টা করেছি... তাদের কেওই এধরনের সমীহ জাগানো ইমেজ দিতে পারেনি দলকে।

আসলে প্যাশন জিনিসটাই এরকম। যুক্তিতে যা চূড়ান্ত রকম অসম্ভব... প্যাশন তা জয় করে ফেলতে পারে অনায়াসে। আর প্যাশন দাঁড়িয়ে থাকে ফেইথ-এর উপর... সেই ফেইথ আবার একটি মারাত্মক সংক্রামক রোগ! এই রোগে আক্রান্ত মানুষ সহজেই সংক্রামিত করে আশেপাশের সবাইকে...

সেদিক থেকে দেখলে... আমাদের দলের বর্তমানের এই ফর্মটা স্থায়ী না হয়ে দু’য়েক বছর পর হারিয়েও যেতে পারে... যদি অন্য কেও শক্তভাবে হাল না ধরে!!

কারন... প্যাশন/ফেইথ-এর মত... হতাশাও একটি মারাত্মক সংক্রামক ব্যাধী...(থ্রেড-ওপেনার কে কি আমার বক্তব্য বুঝাতে পারলাম?)

Last edited by Ahmed_B; March 22, 2015 at 03:27 PM..
Old March 22, 2015, 02:46 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

totally agree..i wont comment anything with Mash's captaincy but everybody in the field plays with his heart out for Mash..he is that kind of leader. everybody compare shakib to imran khan for his allrounder skills but i would say as to getting respect for the leader Mash is more close to imran then any other captain in cricket world right now
Old March 22, 2015, 09:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Top post!

As Doc has said I'm guardedly optimistic. I will not say "2019 we will be champs" because the reality is we have a long way to go yet.

But I firmly believe we can be ranked 5-8 by the next world cup.

WI are going nowhere, and if the BCCI finds jurisdiction to sue them for 40 million, then bye bye and we are 8th by default. Zimbabwe are now associates, heck they were before Taylor left. Now they will be fighting UAE for 13th spot behind Ireland and Afghanistan.

SL will struggle with Sanga and Jaya gone. Excited about Chameera who is even quicker than Taskin, but our boy Shade won't be trolling here for several years. That is if he didn't get an MI after SA raped em in every hole.

PAK are a mess unless they start blooding their youngsters, but we should be able to achieve and maintain parity with them.

England just suck.

So no reason we can't climb to 5th or 6th in the next 4 years.
Completely agree with this . Even if BCCI doesn't take any legal actions against WICB (which was unlikely to happen anyway), given the current state of West Indies cricket team, we can easily overtake them maintaining our form from CWC 15 and hoping that WI keeps performing the way they did in CWC. In the SA tour where they lost by a huge margin in 4/5 of the games, and managed to pull a narrow win by 1 wicket. In CWC 15, except for their win against Pakistan and performance against India, everything else has been very ordinary.

If our year goes good and we can pull off some wins against Pakistan, India or SA or Australia in ODIs, we can easily claim that #8 spot.

We can hope our youngsters will outperform Pakistani and Sri Lankan youngsters, which will help us overtake them. But this will be a bit hard, being G8 other big teams will want to play SL and PAK more, but they still won't want to play with us, so this will complicate things for us, as their youngsters gain more experience than ours.

England has always done terrible in CWCs (post 1992), but they miraculously back into form right afterwards, don't think we will overtake them any time soon.

So, I am staying hopeful we can go up to that 7-8 spot by the next 2 years (before CWC qualifiers grouping). But my main concerns are the next WC will be a 10 team round robin, The only way for us to get to KO round then would be to finish in the top 4 in the ladder, which I don't see Bangladesh getting at any time soon .
Old March 22, 2015, 11:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Mojo is back.

Last edited by WarWolf; March 23, 2015 at 02:34 AM..
Old March 22, 2015, 11:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
সত্যি কথা বলতে কি... এই ওয়ার্ল্ড কাপে বাংলাদেশের পারফর্মেন্স অঙ্কের হিসাবে 'এ্যভারেজ' এর চাইতে অল্প একটু ভাল... অসাধারন ভাল না। মাত্র তো একটাই বড় ম্যাচ জিতেছি আমরা! কিন্তু তার পরেও এই পারফর্মেন্স সবাইকে প্রচন্ড আশাবাদী করে ফেলেছে দু’য়েকটা বিশেষ কারনে।

প্রথম কারনটা হল, আশাহীন অবস্থা থেকে ধীরে ধীরে সময়মত ক্লিক্‌ করতে পারা... To be able to change gears at times when it really mattered. প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচে খুবই খারাপ করার পরেও প্রথম ম্যাচে আফগানিস্তানের সাথে বাংলাদেশ বেশ ভালভাবেই লেভেল-আপ করে ফেললো, যেটা অনেক সময়েই দেখা যায়না। শ্রীলংকার সাথে ছিল দলের প্রথম সত্যিকার টাফ্‌ ম্যাচ... যেটাতে ভাল ধোলাই খাওয়া কিছুটা দরকার ছিল। এই ম্যাচে ধাক্কাটা না খেলে বাংলাদেশ টুর্নামেন্টের মুডে আসতো না বোধকরি। এরপর স্কটল্যান্ড-ম্যাচে আবার ছন্দে ফিরে আসা... আর গ্রুপ পর্বের বাকি দুই ম্যাচ তো প্রায় রূপকথা!

দ্বিতীয় কারনটা হল পুরো দলের এ্যাটিচিউডে দেখার মত পরিবর্তন। আফগান-স্কটদের বিরুদ্ধে পরিষ্কার পেশাদার পারফর্মেন্স... অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বিরুদ্ধে বৃষ্টি-ভেজা দিনে মুভিং-ফাস্ট-বাউন্সি পিচে ছিন্নভিন্ন হবার সম্ভাবনা থাকার পরও মাঠে নেমে খেলার জন্য অধীর হয়ে থাকা... ইংল্যান্ড ম্যাচে শেষ মুহুর্ত পর্যন্ত মরন-কামড় দিয়ে ম্যাচ বের করে আনা... আর... নিউজিল্যান্ডের মত কাপ-এর দাবিদার দলকে শক্ত নার্ভাস জয় উপহার দেয়া... প্রত্যেক যায়গায় একেবারেই ভয় জাগানো এ্যটিচিউড দেখিয়ে গেছে দলটা! কোয়ার্টার ফাইনালের ম্যাচটা আসলে নষ্ট হয়ে গিয়েছে বেশ কিছু কারনে... কিন্তু তার আগ পর্যন্ত বাংলাদেশ দল সম্পর্কে পুরো ক্রিকেট বিশ্বের এক কথায় মন্তব্য ছিল এরকম “এদের হারানোর কিছুই নেই... আর এরা ছেড়ে কথা বলতে একেবারেই নারাজ”! হ্যাঁ... আসলেই এরকম একটা ‘গেরিলা-ইমেজ’ তৈরী করে ফেলতে পেরেছিল এরা...

এখন... বাংলাদেশের এই ওয়ার্ল্ড কাপের পারফর্মেন্স-কে আমরা কি চোখে দেখবো? হঠাৎ দেখানো ফ্লুক? নাকি সত্যিকারের রাইজ-অফ-দি-টাইগার্স? নাকি কোনটাই না? সম্পূর্ণ একটা চিত্র পাওয়ার অহেতুক চেষ্টায় পাতার পর পাতা এ্যানালাইসিস লেখা যেতে পারে গত পাঁচ-সাত বছরে বাংলাদেশ দলের প্লেয়ার-পুল, সিলেকশন, উঠতি ট্যালেন্ট কিম্বা সিনিয়রদের ধারাবাহিকতা নিয়ে। কথা বলা যেতে পারে এই সময়ে আমাদের বিদেশী কোচিং স্টাফের আসা-যাওয়া এবং তাদের অবদান নিয়ে। কিন্তু খেয়াল করলে দেখা যাবে... ডমেস্টিক সিস্‌টেম, প্লেয়ার পাইপলাইন, মাঝারি লেভেলের অভিজ্ঞ প্লেয়ার পুল, ভাল মানের আন্তর্জাতিক ম্যাচ খেলার সুযোগ, ভাল এবং স্টেব্‌ল কোচিং স্টাফ এসব ফ্যাক্টর আসলে বাংলাদেশের জন্য গত পাঁচ বছরে মোটামুটি একই রকম থেকেছে। কখনো বা একটু ভাল... কখনো একটু খারাপ। সেই সাথে দলের পারফর্মেন্সও একটু ভাল আর খারাপ এর মধ্যে বন্দি।

তবে হ্যাঁ... গত কয়েক মাসে পরিবর্তন হয়েছে একটা জায়গায়... সেটা হল নেতৃত্ত্ব। আমার মতে, এই একটা জায়গায় আমরা সত্যিকার ভাবেই অনেক বড় প্লাস পয়েন্টে চলে এসেছি... যেটা আমাদের গত পাঁচ বছরের একই মানের প্লেয়ার-পুল বা কোচিং-স্টাফ কে দিয়েই সম্পূর্ণ ভিন্ন ধরনের রেজাল্ট আনার জন্য বড় ফ্যাক্টর হিসেবে কাজ করছে এখন। এই একটা ফ্যাক্টরের অভাবে দিনের পর দিন পরিশ্রম কিম্বা গবেষণা করেও একটা নির্দিষ্ট লেভেলের উপরে উঠতে পারেনি দলটা ... সেটা এখন ধীরে ধীরে পারছে প্রথমবারের মত ‘তার-ছিড়া’ একজন ক্যাপ্টেন পেয়ে। এই ক্যাপ্টেনেরও সমস্যা আছে... প্রেশারে পড়ে কল্যাপ্‌স করে মাঝে মধ্যে। কিন্তু যখন ফোকাস্‌ড থাকে সে... তখন দলকে উজ্জ্বীবিত করে ফেলতে পারে প্রচন্ডভাবেই! দলের এ্যাটিচিউডে পরিষ্কার পরিবর্তনের পেছনে এই কারনটাই বড় বলে সন্দেহ করার যথেষ্ট কারন আছে।

সমস্যা হল... এই কথা যদি সত্যি হয়... তাহলে তা একই সঙ্গে সু-সংবাদ এবং দুশ্চিন্তার কারনও! কারন অবস্থাদৃষ্টে মনে হচ্ছে... এমনকি বোলার হিসেবেও মাশরাফীর ক্যারিয়ার বোধহয় দ্রুতই শেষ হয়ে আসছে! দলে থাকার মত ফিট্‌নেস/পারফর্মেন্সই যদি তার না থাকে... তাহলে সে ক্যাপ্টেন্সী আর করবে কিভাবে? অন্ততঃ এটুকু এখন বলা যায় যে... যতজন ক্যাপ্টেন আমরা অতীতে বানানোর চেষ্টা করেছি... তাদের কেওই এধরনের সমীহ জাগানো ইমেজ দিতে পারেনি দলকে।

আসলে প্যাশন জিনিসটাই এরকম। যুক্তিতে যা চূড়ান্ত রকম অসম্ভব... প্যাশন তা জয় করে ফেলতে পারে অনায়াসে। আর প্যাশন দাঁড়িয়ে থাকে ফেইথ-এর উপর... সেই ফেইথ আবার একটি মারাত্মক সংক্রামক রোগ! এই রোগে আক্রান্ত মানুষ সহজেই সংক্রামিত করে আশেপাশের সবাইকে...

সেদিক থেকে দেখলে... আমাদের দলের বর্তমানের এই ফর্মটা স্থায়ী না হয়ে দু’য়েক বছর পর হারিয়েও যেতে পারে... যদি অন্য কেও শক্তভাবে হাল না ধরে!!

কারন... প্যাশন/ফেইথ-এর মত... হতাশাও একটি মারাত্মক সংক্রামক ব্যাধী...(থ্রেড-ওপেনার কে কি আমার বক্তব্য বুঝাতে পারলাম?)
Top Post

Good to see some of the old timers postings...
Old March 23, 2015, 02:55 AM
Club Cricketer

Might be a bit of off track from the thread topic, but I wonder as there is already an elite tournament like Champion's trophy ( 8 team only) exists then what is the need for world cup to be another elite tournaments of 10 teams ( just adding two extra). Is not it redundant? For me what I understand that "World Cup" should appeal to a bigger spectrum to be a 'World Cup", like the FIFA world cup, and I reckon there should be more team at least 16 ( more associates) to bring the spirit of the game to bigger crowd. Champion's Trophy can remain as elite tournament and World cup for all. Why cannot ICC think in this way, I do not understand. May be some comments from you.
Old March 23, 2015, 04:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeXU
Might be a bit of off track from the thread topic, but I wonder as there is already an elite tournament like Champion's trophy ( 8 team only) exists then what is the need for world cup to be another elite tournaments of 10 teams ( just adding two extra). Is not it redundant? For me what I understand that "World Cup" should appeal to a bigger spectrum to be a 'World Cup", like the FIFA world cup, and I reckon there should be more team at least 16 ( more associates) to bring the spirit of the game to bigger crowd. Champion's Trophy can remain as elite tournament and World cup for all. Why cannot ICC think in this way, I do not understand. May be some comments from you.
In all the world cups that have been played, there have been at least 1 upset by 1 minnow team. To me this makes the WC more fun and entertaining to watch.

The reason being put up for scrapping a 14 team WC is that the minnows don't put up enough competition, which obviously is a very flawed argument, apart from a very few matches the associate nations gave most of the established test playing nations a good run for their money. To me this is a backwards step, and goes against the purpose of spreading cricket amongst a wider audience around the world. Scotland,Afghanistan, Nepal and Ireland national cricket team has a huge fan base now; all of which are to disappear due to one wrong decision by ICC.

I don't get the point of a 10 team WC at all, if you already have an 8 team Champion's Trophy. I would rather have smaller teams emerging and improving their cricket overtime, and providing that joyful odd upset than having strongest 8 teams playing each other in an endless loop. By having associate nations, CWC have given platform for super stars to emerge from small teams, Steve Tickolo, Kevin O'Brien, Ryan Ten Doeschate, Maurice Odumbe, Neil Johnson, John Davison et al. just to name a few. It would be doing great injustice to these talented players.

And it would mean that after 20 years (last time in 1997), Us, Bangladeshis would have to fight for our rights to play the CWC (unless we can improve our world rankings by the next 2 years). Hope ICC reverts back to 14 team WC, there is still chance.
Old March 23, 2015, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Pollard and Bravo to come back in with Phil Simmons in theyt will get a lift.
Sri lanka maybe up 2 6 retiring from one day cricket.

Pakistan will bounce back,got good bowling.
Don't know what the one day table will look like,i expect ireland to pass zimbabwe tho.
Old March 23, 2015, 10:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

The thread title kept me away from this thread. Anyways, after reading all the posts in other thread, I thought what the heck, so I entered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
...Just a victory against hapless England, and people are going gaga. For last 5 years, we have been talking of overtaking Windies, but we havent yet. And in 2 years, if we don't, we play a qualifying round. Knowing Bangladeshi players, they'll crumble under pressure and fail to qualify for WC in one of knock-out qualifying matches. People are not seeing that at all. We had a great chance this WC, but we blew it...
1. What is this great chance you are talking about?
2. How did we blew it?

Without knowing this I can't properly reply to this thread. I see some of you are agreeing and disagreeing with OP. You can chime in as well. I just want my two questions answered first.

I am assuming this GREAT CHANCE would have made us qualify for the next world cup?

I will address the underline part later on.
Old March 23, 2015, 10:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The thread title kept me away from this thread. Anyways, after reading all the posts in other thread, I thought what the heck, so I entered.
2. How did we blew it?

Without knowing this I can't properly reply to this thread. I see some of you are agreeing and disagreeing with OP. You can chime in as well. I just want my two questions answered first.

I am assuming this GREAT CHANCE would have made us qualify for the next world cup?

Looks like you forget things too easily. No problem, as a nation, we like to forget spankings. And surprised people are happy with the 'earned respect' whereas no one gives a hoot about making it to quarters. We lost badly against india but still we are celebrating as if we won WC. We twice went to no. 8, but never solidified and kicked on from there. One was 2011 encounter, and the other was 2013 when we whitewashed NZ. We were at 8 both the times. But what happened after 2011, nothing but losses. After 2013, you should remember clearly what happened. Anyways, just a refresher....
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cric...ch/433576.html
Old March 23, 2015, 10:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Quote:
2. How did we blew it?

Looks like you forget things too easily. No problem, as a nation, we like to forget spankings. And surprised people are happy with the 'earned respect' whereas no one gives a hoot about making it to quarters. We lost badly against india but still we are celebrating as if we won WC. We twice went to no. 8, but never solidified and kicked on from there. One was 2011 encounter, and the other was 2013 when we whitewashed NZ. We were at 8 both the times. But what happened after 2011, nothing but losses. After 2013, you should remember clearly what happened. Anyways, just a refresher....
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cric...ch/433576.html
I don't want to be ugly or rude but you didn't answer the questions. May be you need sit back and reread my questions.
+++
We were never #8. NEVER. Where do you get this stuff? There is a ranking thread on the first page. May be you don't understand that but that is your shortcoming. Go visit that thread.
Old March 23, 2015, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
I don't want to be ugly or rude but you didn't answer the questions. May be you need sit back and reread my questions.
+++
We were never #8. NEVER. Where do you get this stuff? There is a ranking thread on the first page. May be you don't understand that but that is your shortcoming. Go visit that thread.
I don't want to be rude too. Just look at the photo in the link: http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cric...ry/656365.html

this was when the world cup groupings were released. We were ranked 8th then, above NZ, and that is how we were seeded into the group.
Now, don't change your definition for no.8 i fear for your kids going to kindergarden.
Old March 23, 2015, 11:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I don't want to be rude too. Just look at the photo in the link: http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cric...ry/656365.html

this was when the world cup groupings were released. We were ranked 8th then, above NZ, and that is how we were seeded into the group.
Now, don't change your definition for no.8 i fear for your kids going to kindergarden.
Please stop the madness here. There is no where in the article it mentions BD is a 8th ranked. It says and I quote
Quote:
Pool A: England, Australia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, New Zealand, Qualifier 2 and Qualifier 3
Pool B: South Africa, India, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland and Qualifier 4
And if you are talking about the picture

those were done on lottery. Surely England is not #1 ranked. Nor is NZ #9 ranked. Are you so naïve?

Do you not understand between ranking and seeding by lottery? ki jalai porlam rey baba? We never had #8 rankings. EVER. uuuuffff!!!
Old March 23, 2015, 11:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Seeding ki? ICC kiser bichi ropon korechey?
Old March 23, 2015, 11:35 AM
Cricket Savant

and seeding has nothing to do with next year WCs qualification criteria. RANKING does.

So I question again, what was the great chance you were talking about in your opening post?
Old March 23, 2015, 11:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Seeding ki? ICC kiser bichi ropon korechey?
ami'o tho bujtasi na. Ei ta'r shatey next WC qualification'er ki shomporko?
Old March 23, 2015, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Please stop the madness here. There is no where in the article it mentions BD is a 8th ranked. It says and I quote And if you are talking about the picture

those were done on lottery. Surely England is not #1 ranked. Nor is NZ #9 ranked. Are you so naïve?

Do you not understand between ranking and seeding by lottery? ki jalai porlam rey baba? We never had #8 rankings. EVER. uuuuffff!!!
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/499894.html

This was the first time we were ranked 8th. The second time was in 2013 as you see in the above picture. We had a rating higher than NZ. Let me try to pull that up.
Old March 23, 2015, 11:47 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

We even had a thread for this: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=35579

Old March 23, 2015, 11:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
+++
We were transiently #8 during the infamous 58 all out match vs Windies in 2011 world cup. Then again after the second Kiwiwash in 2013.

If we pick up a few big wins this year, we can be 8th again.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 23, 2015, 11:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/499894.html

This was the first time we were ranked 8th. The second time was in 2013 as you see in the above picture. We had a rating higher than NZ. Let me try to pull that up.
Bro, don't need to do anything. Just understand this. ICC has their rankings. In 2019 WC, the top 8 team of THAT RANKING gets a pass. 9, 10, 11, and 12 will fight it out. The Matches will be held in Bangladesh.

Are you with me so far?

Even if we won the WC of 2015 (including beating NZ and Ind) we would still be #9 in Rankings because our points wouldn't be over 92 (WI).

Do you get it? This chance that you are talking about doesn't make any sense.