facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 28, 2018, 04:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

what kind of sick game are the mods playing by randomly deleting posts and not having any sort of explanation for anything? It is just like what the mafia do.

Old August 28, 2018, 04:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Granted albeit Alan Watts packages Hinduism in a neat little box but he cuts straight to the core of the issue and gets to the point. (And he knows it!) He is not a mug as Shamim would say.

The point of Hinduism is NOT murti-puja and stuff which many, many uncles denigratingly scoff and sneer. The ENTIRE point is you are the Godhead. You are It. You are playing this game of 'poor little me' when YOU in full control and command ARE the boss. YOU are Atman, the Brahman, the 33, 33000, 30000000 gods and everyone in disguise. I also love the CORE message of Advaita when you strip away the cosmetics.

These are nothing but a cosmic drama and illusion.

Em, get started with this first.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 28, 2018, 04:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Old August 28, 2018, 04:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Also start with Bhagavat Gita. My first impression reading it in class was "Absolute Ego!!" I mean THIS is how I would carry myself if I was God.

Here is an example of nondual logic of Hindu/Advaitesque philosophy:

Quote:
One who is not motivated by false ego, whose intelligence is not entangled, though he kills men in this world, does not kill. Nor is he bound by his actions.
http://www.vedabase.com/bg/

Note there is not a SINGLE self-righteous tone of judgment or anything. Neither is there a prescription for 'right way' of living. Why should he? That's an insult to God's intelligence. Do you really thing God is such an insecure little child he got nothing better to do than self-righteosly enact edits, start this whole sh AND then blame humans for all of it when none of us even asked for it? That's That's like Trump mode of starting a fire in city or kidnapping a child and playing hero by saving the city. We are all One Being pretending we are not. Even Bd shardul. lol

Some ways Hinduism makes Abrahamic religion kindergarten. Also there is the mindset of Nagarjuna (not the Akram Khan lookalike Tollywood nayok lol) tetra lemma reminiscent of modern day Lukawiesciez (sic!) or fuzzy logic. Indian logic were miles and miles ahead of Western logic.

Old August 28, 2018, 04:49 AM
Cricket Savant

At the end of the day Hinduis, Buddhism, Zen, Taoism and all religions are basically traps. There is this metaphor once you cross the river you don't carry the boat with you. These are nothing but tools and training methods to liberate you so that one day you wouldn't need to be shackled by them.

Jivanmukta. In fact a man should also be 'of this world and not from this world' mindset. Yup. We are all God in disguise. But that doesn't mean we can do whatever we want. Actually we can ABSOLUTELY do whatever we want... it's just that there will be consequences. Ultimately God will not 'punish' you eternally in hell fire. That is sooo puerile and immature. I mean why should he? He/I/We started this sh... Hell we signed up for this sh

Old August 28, 2018, 07:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
^Interesting. Most muslims I come across, especially in Bd, they are more into the surrendering, or submitting. Don't hear them talk much about seeking. They treat seeking like it's some sort of portal to evil. Much like how some fundamental Christians claim yoga is "demonic". For eg., folks back home will say things like, "do you obey God?", "do you believe in him?". And the christians will say "do you know you are original sinner?" Everything's about how I can serve him, how I did something wrong. Nothing about me making my own mind up.
Well I don't blame them after playing your 'records'.

Old August 31, 2018, 04:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

^ haha.

Swami Sarvapriyananda's videos are quite good on YouTube. He is the resident swami of the Vedanta Society of New York.

Alan Watts's videos on Hinduism are quite good too, like the ones Zee posted.

Sahdguru's videos are good for learning the yogic sciences as well.

But ultimately, what is most appealing is, that you must have some contribution as well. You must reach your truth.
Old August 31, 2018, 10:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
^Interesting. Most muslims I come across, especially in Bd, they are more into the surrendering, or submitting. Don't hear them talk much about seeking. They treat seeking like it's some sort of portal to evil. Much like how some fundamental Christians claim yoga is "demonic". For eg., folks back home will say things like, "do you obey God?", "do you believe in him?". And the christians will say "do you know you are original sinner?" Everything's about how I can serve him, how I did something wrong. Nothing about me making my own mind up.
Well in some philosphical way, thinking is the root of all evil. But its also the root of all thats good. Before the Holocaust happened, someone had to "think" of it, right?

With enough thought, you can justify pretty much anything. And I think thats the point of human existence. I think people should only be judged according to their thought process. Two people can reach totally opposite conclusions from the same original source material. Whoever has a more "godly" conclusion should probably be rewarded in some way.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 1, 2018, 12:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka

Cosmology:
1/
[54:1] The Hour has come near, and the moon has split [in two]

Absolutely false. Nothing to corroborate this claim.
The term used for "the Hour" is as-sa'ati (السَّاعَةُ )- which in all other Quranic passages is a reference to the Day Judgement. Its also evident from the capital H, in that its a special hour, but of course thats a translation and not as strong evidence as the actual Arabic. So, this is a prophecy of a future event, rather than a miracle (as many Muslims mistakenly allege) attributed to the Prophet.

This same "Hour" is mentioned in numerous Quran verses without any reference to the Moon splitting or anything eg 6:31, 7:187, 22:1, etc.

Quote:
2/ Lunar calender : Why would the creator use the inefficient form of calender. Imagine you are a farmer and relying on lunar calender for farming? It serves no purpose other than to determine some religious timelines (Ramadan etc).
Our present day calendar is not perfectly efficient either. We have to add a leap year every 4th year. A day isn't exactly 24 hours, and a year isn't exactly 365 days. This doesn't mean that our calendar is meaningless or we can't keep accurate historical records. People farmed for thousands of years with a lunar calendar and even more primitive calendars. Its a complete non issue.

Quote:
3/ Ramadan- If you are unfortunate resident in the region that gets polar day/night than you will either starve to death or would not require to fast during Ramadan. Ofcourse God should know that but not a merchant in 7th century arabia.
There are very few people who live in such areas and there is actually little need to live there. Hardly any economic activity in either pole. At the same time, there have probably not been any Muslims living in such extreme lattitudes and the Eskimos don't believe in Ramadan to begin with. Such points are as foolish as using Quranic verses to argue it predicted the Big Bang 1400 years ago.

Quote:
4/ There is nothing in Quran that contradicts the understanding of a man during the 7th century. I can even argue that some of the passage vaguely indicates a geo-centric universe (understanding at the time). However since it is open to interpretation like most things in a vague literature, hence I would not take that road.
I agree. I used to believe in the so called scientific miracles of the Quran.

If you look hard enough, you can probably find it. If you look hard enough you can find evidence of the 2Pac vs Biggie beef in the Quran. So its best to probably not use it for that purpose.

Quote:
A/ What is 6 days? 6 days = 13.X billion years? Basically stolen from the genesis!!
The Quran is basically a reprint of elements of Genesis, with some modifications and reinterpretations.

Quote:
B/ Throne above? what does that mean?
A great debate within Islam is are such verses to be taken literally or to be taken metaphorically? I'm not sure it matters much, personally. Its a point for philosophers to debate if you ask me.

Quote:
C/ Neither the sun chases the moon or vice versa!! They spin in their own orbit (Sun has an orbit too)
Again I don't like to try and find science in the Quran. I don't think it should be used for that purpose.

[/quote]D/ "He created the sun moon and STARS" , however Stars are nothing but Sun's .. ofcourse a 7th century merchant wont know that.[/QUOTE]

Similar to the Ramadan at the North Pole issue, i think this is a lot of noise for nothing. Its just an issue of semantics, imo. Stars and suns are equivalent, but we still have different words for them. Its kind of like saying "my thumb and my fingers" when the thumb is a finger too and so you could just say "my fingers" or "all of my fingers". Much ado about nothing I feel.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 1, 2018, 08:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
The term used for "the Hour" is as-sa'ati (السَّاعَةُ )- which in all other Quranic passages is a reference to the Day Judgement. Its also evident from the capital H, in that its a special hour, but of course thats a translation and not as strong evidence as the actual Arabic. So, this is a prophecy of a future event, rather than a miracle (as many Muslims mistakenly allege) attributed to the Prophet.

This same "Hour" is mentioned in numerous Quran verses without any reference to the Moon splitting or anything eg 6:31, 7:187, 22:1, etc.

Our present day calendar is not perfectly efficient either. We have to add a leap year every 4th year. A day isn't exactly 24 hours, and a year isn't exactly 365 days. This doesn't mean that our calendar is meaningless or we can't keep accurate historical records. People farmed for thousands of years with a lunar calendar and even more primitive calendars. Its a complete non issue.

There are very few people who live in such areas and there is actually little need to live there. Hardly any economic activity in either pole. At the same time, there have probably not been any Muslims living in such extreme lattitudes and the Eskimos don't believe in Ramadan to begin with. Such points are as foolish as using Quranic verses to argue it predicted the Big Bang 1400 years ago.

I agree. I used to believe in the so called scientific miracles of the Quran.

If you look hard enough, you can probably find it. If you look hard enough you can find evidence of the 2Pac vs Biggie beef in the Quran. So its best to probably not use it for that purpose.

The Quran is basically a reprint of elements of Genesis, with some modifications and reinterpretations.

A great debate within Islam is are such verses to be taken literally or to be taken metaphorically? I'm not sure it matters much, personally. Its a point for philosophers to debate if you ask me.

Again I don't like to try and find science in the Quran. I don't think it should be used for that purpose.

I promised not to get dragged into religion related conversation at BC since people here view me with hate and disdain instead of providing a counter narrative to the argument.

I will stick to my promise. I just want to state that it is super easy for me to pinpoint all the holes in your arguments (there are plenty). I promise to provide those in a personal message if you are willing to listen (not to mention, I am really interested in your narrative given you sound knowledgeable and you do not use profanity like plenty of posters here). Let me know...
Old September 2, 2018, 03:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka

I will stick to my promise. I just want to state that it is super easy for me to pinpoint all the holes in your arguments (there are plenty). I promise to provide those in a personal message if you are willing to listen (not to mention, I am really interested in your narrative given you sound knowledgeable and you do not use profanity like plenty of posters here). Let me know...
Please feel free.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 4, 2018, 04:49 PM
Cricket Savant

"If you look hard enough, you can probably find it. If you look hard enough you can find evidence of the 2Pac vs Biggie beef in the Quran. " -Al Furqaan on illuminati messages in Koran.

*Cu-ckoo*

Old September 12, 2018, 04:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
"If you look hard enough, you can probably find it. If you look hard enough you can find evidence of the 2Pac vs Biggie beef in the Quran. " -Al Furqaan on illuminati messages in Koran.

*Cu-ckoo*
I think I may have actually said that. Can't remember if it was in BC tho. LOL.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 30, 2018, 12:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Good video.