facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 24, 2008, 11:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Cant agree bro. She was born in Bangladesh and also the rightful citizen of bangladesh by birth...definately our problem.
won't disagree here. but at the same time, however we deal with her its going to bring pain and sorrow to the majority of bangladeshis (pardon her at our expense, punish her and int'l condemnation comes out way). personally, i am glad she isn't in our country any more...it takes the heat off of us. its like getting someone else to wash our dirty underwear.

Quote:
Secondly Islam is a great religion, a religion that asks people to be tolerant of others views.
there is a difference between tolerating disagreement and accepting outright hostility. for example, in the US one is perfectly entitled to be anti-war, but the moment you "aid the enemy" you're in trouble. bad analagy perhaps, but you get the point...

Quote:
Her views of Islam are extremely radical but so are the views of countless other people in our world. I know a lot of you are residents of States and Australia. There they have people with more radical views, if we can tolerate them than y cant we tolerate her.
the people of US/Israel/the west actually have understandable (not to be confused with "justified") rationale for hating Islam and muslims. who crashed airplanes into taslima nasreen's big head???

the quran states that disbelievers will not be happy with you "until you follow their way" so when we westerners face hostility, we do so at our own knowledge when we immigrated here.

further, this is "their country" they have the right to believe and say what they want so long as they don't actually harm anyone physically. Miss T-Nasty does not fall in this cateogry.

she is a daughter of one of the "lands of islam" talking badly about the cultural mores of her entire nation. had this been justifiable by real, empiracal evidence (and not one off 1992 incidents) she would have been wholly in the right. this is not the case.

Quote:
Thirdly she was successful in her motive which was to gain atention. I mean this is a trend of lot of below par writers to seek attention by fuming the fundamentalists. This is how Mr Rushdie sold his books.

Our intolerance provides a dim view abt Bangladesh to the wider world. I like to believe that we are a moderate muslim country. Slowly I am being proved wrong.
in many ways bangladesh is amongst the most moderate muslim countries in the world. e.g we don't have jihadists like pakistan, afghanista, iraq, saudi, and a few others. we don't have strict enforing of sharia law, etc.

but on other aspects we're just like any other "muslim country". muslims, today, are characterized by tough words with no action. same with bangladesh. OIC talks about unity, but is busy licking dollar bills.

Quote:
Lastly recently Christopher Hitchens published a book called "God is not great" Over there he writes a lot of things against three most popular religion (islam Christianity and Jew). However i don see any church protesting and advertising for his work as a result. Or throwing him out of US. Just sad what happened with her in Bangladesh. She deserves to be punished by the court of law (which she was) and may be on the day of judgement ( to be decided by the allmighty), But not scared out bangladesh by some religious extremist. Don expect u guys to support that either.
i'll agree with this, albeit grudgingly.

overall a fine post, and i don't really disagree with you, even though it sounds like it.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old March 26, 2008, 05:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
further, this is "their country" they have the right to believe and say what they want so long as they don't actually harm anyone physically.
This whole saga of Islam vs west starts when they harm people with wars and sanctions (Afghanistan, Iraq) or support idiots who do it for them (Israel).
Old March 26, 2008, 05:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Cant agree bro. She was born in Bangladesh and also the rightful citizen of bangladesh by birth...definately our problem.
It's true her actions puts us in bad limelight, but you can't say it's "our" problem. We never asked her to do what she does.