facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 24, 2011, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What chance we really had to day?

Naeem, who is not a regular in our national team, is trying his best to survive knowing that Nasir is far ahead of him and Ryiad, VC is an automatic choice.

What he is doing now, is making a case for #2 to #4 slot (Imrul, SN, Rakibul).

IF we had a chance at all, 1st day its experienced player like Tamim, Sakib and today experienced player like Rahim, SN screwed it (if anybody did at all). As senior players I have more expectation from them to play according to the team's need than young players whpo are trying their best to survive.
Brilliant observation. I was about to write something along that line and glad to see that you have noticed it. He is indeed auditioning for no.3 or 4. How many no.7 can play 131 balls in our team? Not many. Due to the uncertain nature of our no.3 position, it is imperative that at this juncture, we play somebody who is capable of playing a lot of balls at that position. Bashar was the closest to the pro-typical no.3 we have ever had- a counterattacking style batsman, but in the absence of such a batsman, your second option is to have someone who has stickability who can build partnerships rather. So, he is doing what is necessary at this point. So, when Riyad comes back, I would actually play Naeem at no.3, and let Imrul or SN play musical chair at the no.2 spot.

Good job there Fazal.

Old October 24, 2011, 02:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Tamim batted slow on the "first" day. I dont think he could have predicted that there will be no game for the next 2 days. Could you? Even then, Shakib or Tamim couldnt have risked their wickets. They did not have 250 runs and a secure "no loss" game when they were batting. Naeem did.
After 2 days cgone in rain, there is no chance of win. This is the reality. Now whether Naeem plays slow or not will not make any difference. Contrariy to that, a quick wicket loss like Rahim would make us more vulnerable by winding down below 300. Soo i my mind he played his role as Tamim and sakib did initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
and why are we comparing them? Tamim and Shakib had a much higher scoring rate than Naeem. Even if Naeem scored with a SR in high 40s, we could have declared a lot sooner!
beacuse they are the leaders, they played enough TEST in the team, their position is more solid, they are suppose to lead the young players with good examples.

Remember when Sakib first came how he played a slow 70+ runs and people comaplained and stated he was selfish and slow? Soemthing we need to give the young player some room fro them to grow, sspecially when they are fighting for theor career.

btw even Namee sould scored SR of 60, it would not make any difference. Just face the reality, its a draw game.
Old October 24, 2011, 02:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
^this is what me and Dilscoop are trying to explain...
we didnt start the day thinking of a draw but giving ourselves every opportunity to win
to win this match we need to bowl out WI twice and while batting score quickly ,set up a defendable total and give enough overs to bowl out WI.
as u said,if tomorrow WI are 7 or 8 down needing 60-70 runs with 5 overs to survive we know where we lost it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

After loosing two days in rain you still think it was a winnable game, whereas I don't think so. Its a difference of opinion. Plus I think the way Rahim, SN, played, if Naeem would try to do the same, hr would be out, and we would end up scorinhg below 300. Adn we a have a histry of losing wicket in bunches.
Old October 24, 2011, 02:22 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

So no team ever, in the history of cricket won a 3 day match? Because that's basically what you are saying.
Old October 24, 2011, 02:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Lets just forget about the fact that others have messed up too, and Naeem is NOT the (or only) reason why we wont have a chance to win. Just look at the situation and judge for yourself. I am not asking for 6x6s but could have batted more positively? Is he capable of batting more positively? Ans me this..
Thats what I need to find out in future. Remeber when Sakib first came and scored a so-called selfish 70 runs? Over time with expereicnece, and confidence and job security, look now how he bats now a days in general.

So its too ealry to sAY if he is capable to take quick runs if team needed. For this particular game, I am not even sure that was what team neded or that was what was expected from the captain or coach. Regardless what you think, I think its a draw match even before a single ball was bowled.

Also please look how other teams are building the TEST team (except the top tier TEST teams)... for example the surprise sucess of pakistan team.... except for Hafiz, the team is full of slow scoring batsman (#2 to #5) who value their wicket. That how they are getting sucess, and I think at this level, w eneed to fllow the same path.
Old October 24, 2011, 02:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Good job there Fazal.

Thanks Boss. Atlast you agreed with me in something.
Old October 24, 2011, 02:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Brilliant observation. I was about to write something along that line and glad to see that you have noticed it. He is indeed auditioning for no.3 or 4. How many no.7 can play 131 balls in our team? Not many. Due to the uncertain nature of our no.3 position, it is imperative that at this juncture, we play somebody who is capable of playing a lot of balls at that position. Bashar was the closest to the pro-typical no.3 we have ever had- a counterattacking style batsman, but in the absence of such a batsman, your second option is to have someone who has stickability who can build partnerships rather. So, he is doing what is necessary at this point. So, when Riyad comes back, I would actually play Naeem at no.3, and let Imrul or SN play musical chair at the no.2 spot.

Good job there Fazal.
I second both of your thoughts. Yes, he was slow and I didn't like his rotation skills. He has none. But the matter of fact is when he came Bd was 238/4. He saw 112 runs scored with the tail for the team while he stayed in the middle. Remained notout as well.

Tamim saw 110.
Shakib saw 79.
Old October 24, 2011, 02:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
So no team ever, in the history of cricket won a 3 day match? Because that's basically what you are saying.
Not Bangladesh. Naeem is playing for Bangladesh not any other team. So if other team can win a game within 3 days, its not applicable to us based on our current strength.

If Naeem is too slow and not playing to the team's need, why Captain was waiting for so long to declare? if he want to win this match he could declare early (seeing tha Naeem is batting too slow and not playig to the plan).

May be The captain and/or coach doesn;t belive with you and don't think we can win anyway at that point. May be that's why they let Naeem play long enough so that we don't loose the game as we have a history for loosing wickets in bunches.
Old October 24, 2011, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
I find it very naive of us to believe that a result was possible after 2 days were washed out and even more preposterous that we are blamin Nayeem for it.

Perhaps it explains why we still suck at test cricket, we have plenty of flashy players, and despite them failing a zillion times people still follow them and 'hope' for a miracle, where players like Nayeem, Rakibul are the ones we need in our cricket right now, who value their wicket, seldom play rash shots and are willing to fight it out. I was very impressed by Nayeem' innings today, not many Bangladeshi batsmen have the patience to play such knock, well done Nayeem. Today some of us might call for your head, but when we need someone to save us a test match, I would be looking at you.
Well said, We fans also have lack of patience like most of our rush cricketers, that's why still we are struggling in test area, we weren't able to save many matches, that we could. i remember Fans used to criticize Sakib for slow innings, look as time passes by he improved his confidence but now forget to steady the innings to make happy some of fans. I will just say We need Nayeem type of Batsman still in our team, his temperament is good , just need to improve himself utilizing the ball, and we fans need to be patient.
Old October 24, 2011, 02:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Banglali never satisfies!

Bhais, 10 bochor Test har te harte hartechi...3 din e game sesh hoy jay beshir bagh somoy....to be a gd team, first we have to learn how to draw a test and then we can go and win it. And to draw it, we need this type of innings from nayeem more often...doler sobai jodi SN moto khele tahole ki hoy bolen??

Well done nayeem!!! you did nothing wrong imho
zak kichu fan ache je buzte pare, happy
Old October 24, 2011, 02:48 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

What bother me most is when I see complains about SR that too in test cricket. The essence of test cricket needs to be comprehended..
Old October 24, 2011, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
What bother me most is when I see complains about SR that too in test cricket. The essence of test cricket needs to be comprehended..
Where in this discussion do you see complains about SR? If you are going to take part in a discussion, don't wrongly abuse someone before posting your two words...
Old October 24, 2011, 03:07 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Thats what I need to find out in future. Remeber when Sakib first came and scored a so-called selfish 70 runs? Over time with expereicnece, and confidence and job security, look now how he bats now a days in general.
I guess time will tell whether Naeem is just hogging the crease or he is actually capable of scoring runs too when need...
Old October 24, 2011, 03:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

ok,I'll just stick to my opinion wait till tomorroW see how the match progresses and how it eventually ends.
perhaps,we will see who were right,who were wrong.

Old October 24, 2011, 03:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
indeed
Old October 24, 2011, 03:47 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Where in this discussion do you see complains about SR? If you are going to take part in a discussion, don't wrongly abuse someone before posting your two words...
What made you think that I was pointing fingers at you?

I dont want to mention names. Thats just not my style bro. But do check Page 2 of this very thread and several other threads and you'll see where I am coming from.
Old October 25, 2011, 07:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Interesting facts about Naeem as an opener:

-Naeem is so cool that he can make a new ball look old.
-If you are batting with Naeem and give him as much strike as possible you can be sure that it will be a big partnership in terms of balls.
-Naeem is a threatening opener,bowler wet their pants knowing that they will need lots of fluids.
-Naeem can face so many deliveries that the number of his accidental edges can surpass the total number of edges provided by EdgeBaba+KhochaBaba
-Naeem can play so many dot balls that the fielding side deliberately over throws so that there is a rotation of strike
-Naeem can stay in the middle for so long that the umpires allows bowlers to ball beamers.
-if Naeem continues playing tests than soon ICC will have to allow substitute umpires
-If Naeem continues batting in Tests than ICC will have to adopt the baseball rule "A batsman un able to make contact between bat and ball three times in a row will be "

Old October 25, 2011, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Thinking Naeem as a test opener is really tough call.I am never interested to open with him now.His batting style suggests his best position in test cricket will be #4.This is the place where he batted in last year FC final, made a too and also made 95 against the national team in the practice 4 day match.
Now Rock is doing well at #4 so in future he can be an option at #3 aswell.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 25, 2011, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Interesting facts about Naeem as an opener:

-Naeem is so cool that he can make a new ball look old.
-If you are batting with Naeem and give him as much strike as possible you can be sure that it will be a big partnership in terms of balls.
-Naeem is a threatening opener,bowler wet their pants knowing that they will need lots of fluids.
-Naeem can face so many deliveries that the number of his accidental edges can surpass the total number of edges provided by EdgeBaba+KhochaBaba
-Naeem can play so many dot balls that the fielding side deliberately over throws so that there is a rotation of strike
-Naeem can stay in the middle for so long that the umpires allows bowlers to ball beamers.
-if Naeem continues playing tests than soon ICC will have to allow substitute umpires
-If Naeem continues batting in Tests than ICC will have to adopt the baseball rule "A batsman un able to make contact between bat and ball three times in a row will be "

Simon Chachu, this made me laugh so hard
Old October 25, 2011, 12:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Grow up boys!! This is test cricket!!
Old October 25, 2011, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Nayeem had played the real Test cricket what we need as a weak team. We normally loose by innings within 3/4 days against big team. So I don't think anything wrong in Nayeem's batting.
Old October 25, 2011, 08:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Thinking Naeem as a test opener is really tough call.I am never interested to open with him now.His batting style suggests his best position in test cricket will be #4.This is the place where he batted in last year FC final, made a too and also made 95 against the national team in the practice 4 day match.
Now Rock is doing well at #4 so in future he can be an option at #3 aswell.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
i'd take naeem over rock, plus riyad has to come back into the side. nasir can always move up the order and shuvagoto could be given a run. naeem as opener is an option i'm willing to consider to fit all these guys in, i mean imrul keeps being given chacnes but he's still not improving in the test format.
Old October 26, 2011, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

hmmm....Naeem is very slow, but I guess ideal for Tests...maybe due to his mental composure...but still rotating the strike won't harm him...one thing I like about him is that he does not give away his wicket as a gift to the bowlers...compared to the majority of our batsmen....
Old October 26, 2011, 05:27 AM
Cricket Savant

just being sarcastic in my earlier post otherwise I like Naeem..he has the right temperament for test(5 day )
and his stickability is jealousifying( irshonio)

Old October 26, 2011, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

eitare test e aro upore pathano uchit