facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 18, 2007, 04:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Can anyone enlighten me with the diet restriction info?

Old December 18, 2007, 04:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Can anyone enlighten me with the diet restriction info?
Check post# 933
Old December 18, 2007, 05:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Eider diney no polau no biriani no chorbi wala Gosto... is it fair?
Onnora sob Khabey ar player-ra shob fau fau korey cheye thakbey ... ar mukher lala jhorbey?

Thats why I liked Dav and his bhuri. He appreciated Deshi Khabar.
Old December 18, 2007, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

The way Siddons is jumping around the feild with the bat and granite slab,, I dont think players will even dare to think about a mishti shorbot,, forget Khashir Manghso..!!
Old December 18, 2007, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Well a hour before the match started Rasel injured his ankle while practicing catches around the ropes. So Shahadat was penciled in without any notice and preparation. I guess he wasn't prepared. Bd team fielded worse than ametures and lost to an semi-ameture team.

This was a shameful and terrible loss. BD batsmen also batted badly. I felt that that I was seeing different players with the same face and name than the ones who played againt India and SA. Tamim and Ash tried but the usual stuff.
i was so mad with the BD team, that I never watched the India series.
anyhow, it is good that they have to look at their diet, they are small and cannot afford to put on weight, this coach looks like he is trim and fit, not fat and round like Whatmore. I am sure that he will keep the players on their toes and would not hesitate to point out their weaknesses. I am glad that he is recording everything. The boys need guidance and discipline.
Old December 19, 2007, 12:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

In serousness, its the trainer/physio that is responsible for the diet plans and fitness not the coach. Hence, blaming Watmore for players fitness is a bit unfair. We can blame paul close, Witford etc. if we are to blame the players fitness. But I think most of the players in the squad are actually fit and lean. In fact, BD team is one of the most fittest team I think,, or maybe because they are the most youngest as well.
Old December 19, 2007, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I am delighted to hear the diet restriction.
When we went to play in the Asia Cup after the famous ICC trophy win, Akram Khan was spotted at a dinner party gobbling up pieces of fried chicken like he'd never eaten before. When a reporter raised concerns over this voracious act, his response was something in the line of "Don't worry, we are pretty confident of winning a game or two".
Old December 19, 2007, 01:35 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
In serousness, its the trainer/physio that is responsible for the diet plans and fitness not the coach. Hence, blaming Watmore for players fitness is a bit unfair. We can blame paul close, Witford etc. if we are to blame the players fitness. But I think most of the players in the squad are actually fit and lean. In fact, BD team is one of the most fittest team I think,, or maybe because they are the most youngest as well.
I think the restriction in diet is for precaution. First of all they are training right after the Eid meal so they have to avoid heavy meals and secondly, the management/coach doesn't want any case of "pet kaharap" while there. Its not just about fitness ...
Old December 19, 2007, 09:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
When we went to play in the Asia Cup after the famous ICC trophy win, Akram Khan was spotted at a dinner party gobbling up pieces of fried chicken like he'd never eaten before. When a reporter raised concerns over this voracious act, his response was something in the line of "Don't worry, we are pretty confident of winning a game or two".

Akraimma...pet to faitta jaibo re bhai...r naile koydin por tore plane e boite dibo na...they'll say "you're too heavy for our plane...if you seat in our plane, there's a possibility that apni floor cheda koira niche poira jaben**"

**this was the comment my cousin used to make about me years ago...when I was less fat than now!!!
Old December 19, 2007, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Remember, document your donation in the other thread if you are looking forward to not attending the Charity game in New Zealand.