facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 29, 2018, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
SportingBD, it will be wreckless for me do that of my own portfolio in open forum but I rarely lie here - occasionally stretch things sometimes probably. I wrote multiple x here about me putting my kids birthday money to his account. I will give a snap shot of that trade i did twice.. added later as i thought positively of credit card companies... those post of mine goes way way back...

bought at 70s then added more at 90s true to my long term strategy. I will likely add even more when market dives. these are my strategy.
Idumb, don't get me wrong. It is not about proving you are lying, it is rather to do with trust and confidence in your judgment/ability. I applaud you for the stock you have chosen. But i would like to know more, you provided only one stock.

How many stocks have you invested in? how many stocks did you make profit/loss? could you list and provide backup to your answers? Whats your highest loss margin.

what is your total accumulated return in value from the market as of today?
what is the total invested capital accumulated?
finally how many years have you been trading?

I want to get a picture of how successful you are as a trader.

Old January 29, 2018, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
what is the total invested capital accumulated?
this is the problem i precisely want to avoid.

I want to be open as much as possible but i am telling you all my posts are here for past 10 years. That trade i put just to show it is consistent with what i write. Do you thnk i am losing in an up market when i am positive on it??? Doesn't make sense.

This is my kids portfolio so i didn't care putting up the trade.

It will hurt me when market turns.. but I will remain invested. I am just trying to get a message across that's all...

anyways enough time here for me.. before i regret posting things... i don't like being trolled.
Old January 29, 2018, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
this is the problem i precisely want to avoid.

I want to be open as much as possible but i am telling you all my posts are here for past 10 years. That trade i put just to show it is consistent with what i write. Do you thnk i am losing in an up market when i am positive on it??? Doesn't make sense.

This is my kids portfolio so i didn't care putting up the trade.

It will hurt me a LOT when this market turns.. but I will remain invested. I am just trying to get a message across that's all...

anyways enough time here for me.. before i regret posting things... i don't like being trolled.
It would have helped to know whether you are a successful trader or not.
My personal feeling is you are just above average in the market (as a whole, return - invested)
Old January 29, 2018, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

it's ok sportingBD. I already regret posting the above - very unlike me. You are just trolling at the point. If i wrote a post 2 years ago, i don't have to back that up with evidence - as long as that post is legit to now - it should be reassuring enough. I can't logically deal with you man, my brain hurts.
Old January 29, 2018, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
it's ok sportingBD. I already regret posting the above - very unlike me. You are just trolling at the point. If i wrote a post 2 years ago, i don't have to back that up with evidence - as long as that post is legit to now - it should be reassuring enough. I can't logically deal with you man, my brain hurts.
If you are advising people here to invest, than we have the right to question how successful you are. That sounds legit? Why would someone invest their money listening to your advise just because you said things on a forum which came true? surely if someone wants to really invest, they aught to know your success rate?

That's the whole reason, I wanted to know your accumulated invested capital and returns, plus the time frame, so I would know what level of successful trader I'm listening to. I think any sane person would question this, if they want to take your post seriously. Surely they won't invest just because you wrote some post and it became true overtime? irrespective of the track record you have here.

Anyways thanks for trying.
Old January 29, 2018, 02:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Slight correction. I still trade with my 401k account. I guess it doesn’t count as traditional trading. But there are about 50+ funds and I adjust it accordingly sometimes based on their holdings. Made 31% return yo!!

Old January 29, 2018, 02:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^^ blocked out my personal info for privacy reasons of course..
Old January 29, 2018, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Who said you have to listen to me . I am not selling any products here . If over the past 10 years I been persistently talking about a set of stocks ..what stocks do u think I am buying ?? I also mentioned here i am mostly also indexing

Listen it doesn't matter ..my point is and always will be that u ought to be invested in the market .. and while we talk maybe I would pick up few great unknown companies mentioned here ...

U do what u have to do .. but I think u told in one post u are not invested in the market .. I think you are making a big mistake ..that's all.

If if market tanks starting tomorrow you should start pouring money in incrementally . Good luck

How ur financial life turns out is only ur concern .
Old January 29, 2018, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
U do what u have to do .. but I think u told in one post u are not invested in the market .. I think you are making a big mistake ..that's all.
I have been working for the past 3-4 years, saved up some decent amount. The problem is the next step. I'm a very risk averse person. Not sure if I should get into a business (partnership) or put the money in the market. Tough decision for me. imo.

Lets see how the future works out. IA.
Old January 30, 2018, 08:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Look, I want to understand your logic. I want to make sure that you are not one of those fake financial guys like in the financial world. They are very good at selling themselves to people, coming across as intelligent/brave/smart. But when it comes to concrete proofs they fail most of the time. It’s all good you making calls. But at the end, when I ask for proof, you back down? I want to see numbers. Can you give some proofs to us what returns you made? What loses you made?

I atleast have a proof, that I beat you fair and square in this game.
https://www.marketwatch.com/game/boss-trader

Give us some proof that you are not a keyboard financial genius?
which one are you, and which is he?
Old January 30, 2018, 08:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Do you guys have any proof? Like so much expert (assuming) inputs given here...
Any documented proof that you guys have made X,Y, Z return???

Well for me, I atleast have a virtual proof that I’m am the greatest of all..even warren buffet.

https://www.marketwatch.com/game/boss-trader
ok, so you're shamim, and idumb is barren wuffet?
Old January 30, 2018, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
ok, so you're shamim, and idumb is barren wuffet?
I’m the greatest of All Time.

BTW come and join us on the game bro. Gman opened a separate thread.
Old January 30, 2018, 10:26 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Okay this has gone for long enough. Please no more personal attacks. Just share your thoughts without provoking others.
Old February 1, 2018, 07:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

get a load of these bond yields huh.
Old February 3, 2018, 02:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I’m the greatest of All Time.

BTW come and join us on the game bro. Gman opened a separate thread.
Looks like you beat him fair and square then, and it wasn't even close. Case closed.

Anyway, question for all:

So far, I've invested in index funds and long-term individual stocks. I make changes to them every 3 months, but I've never speculated or invested short-term.

I want to learn about and do that next. My question is should I learn about stock speculation & trades or focus on crypto? Can only do one or the other. I'm leaning towards crypto but wondering what everyone here thinks.
Old February 3, 2018, 02:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Looks like you beat him fair and square then, and it wasn't even close. Case closed.

s.
No he didn't .. I wasn't even part of that game ... and I saw his portfolio. Just one dumb luck stock..a stock that I have been touting since pre ipo... who saw the true vision and who wrote none of those Google hangout circle orwhatecer can come its way .... it wasn't so clear cut at that time ...

Read his analysis to get better understanding of his thinking ..... the guy has ZERO skin in the game . He is a non issue for this thread .

Gman has decent calls..I don't mind reading him but the guy is such an amateur trader ... look at his fantasy trades ... he has all the cash sitting on the sideline when he sees market is turning and going his way ...

But I shouldn't hold that against him .. no one wants to spend time on fake money when that effort can be made to make real money .

Dump crytos.. don't buy that **** ** on its way down ... a level of trading understanding is also needed if one to go for speculative investments.
Old February 3, 2018, 05:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Anyway, question for all:

So far, I've invested in index funds and long-term individual stocks. I make changes to them every 3 months, but I've never speculated or invested short-term.

I want to learn about and do that next. My question is should I learn about stock speculation & trades or focus on crypto? Can only do one or the other. I'm leaning towards crypto but wondering what everyone here thinks.
Thanks bro it helps when you study financial trading in Masters

Helps in the sense that you get the required necessary understanding of how trading actually works. Than it helps you also when you have the highest mark in strategic financial management (one of the most important module for final year examination), funnily the average for that course was only 47%, that's how difficult it is. Alhamduillah managed to get around 80% in that course as overall mark (70+ in exam).

Many of the things I studied over the years, I have forgot, purely because my work doesn't require them, it's more focused on Corporate Governance.
Old February 3, 2018, 05:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Most of the stocks I bought are long term stock for that marketwatch game.

Amazon, I bought that on the earnings day (should have waited a bit longer and bought it), I bought that at open market price before the earnings call). If only I bought it during the trading hours, the profit margin would have been bigger. Facebook has always been a good stock, a stock you can always rely on. The only concern I have is with shorting twitter, kind of hard to tell which way they will swing when the earnings call happen. Based on previous earnings, they sort of build up a momentum prior the earnings and than collapse, didn't do that in the last earnings. Always thought this is a good stock, twitter, I guess will find out... thinking might have made a wrong call here. Tesla is tesla, its there, it will grow.. just need to fix itself up.. they have a lot of bottleneck issue..(with high level of demand).
Old February 3, 2018, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Amazon, I bought that on the earnings day (should have waited a bit longer and bought it), .
hahahah.. you didn't buy ****. You are in simulation. Stop kidding yourself. And stop discussing your nonsense moves.

A day like friday, I lost ~12K real money in one day. And I am talking less than you are. You know what that did to me?? Nothing. Even if market crashes 50% it's not gonna shake me even little bit...I have realized how far I have come since my high school days.

This is what I did - I increased by yearly contribution another 18K a year automatically.. taken out every paycheck. Age is on my side.

And here u are talking about timing of your simulation hindsight... I know exactly how you are thinking. Get into a proper platform then you will realize how poorly made app that is... And for God sake, invest some money. hell even trade bitcoin but at your age - stop simulation and stop wasting your time....you getting zero compensation for it. Value ur time.
Old February 3, 2018, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
hahahah.. you didn't buy ****. You are in simulation. Stop kidding yourself. And stop discussing your nonsense moves.

A day like friday, I lost ~12K real money in one day. And I am talking less than you are. You know what that did to me?? Nothing. Even if market crashes 50% it's not gonna shake me even little bit...I have realized how far I have come since my high school days.

This is what I did - I increased by yearly contribution another 18K a year automatically.. taken out every paycheck. Age is on my side.

And here u are talking about timing of your simulation hindsight... I know exactly how you are thinking. Get into a proper platform then you will realize how poorly made app that is... And for God sake, invest some money. hell even trade bitcoin but at your age - stop simulation and stop wasting your time....you getting zero compensation for it. Value ur time.
12-K loss in one day! That's raw. At least now you are started being open and honest.

At one stage you were giving the impression that you are some hugely successful trader .. you are just above average trader.

I have come to observe that you are a high risk taker, would I trust you with a single penny? Absolutely NO!
Old February 3, 2018, 09:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

The Dow really got hit yesterday.

I watched it as the points were going down. 650
Old February 3, 2018, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

I have always been honest here. It's you who has hard time believing when I say I gained money but easily believe me when I say I lost money. I came to where I am today (able to lose that much cash in a day) because I have been in market all these years.... I grew up piss poor. My father used to earn $5.50 an hour when I was growing up. I feel so bad now. Such slavery. And when I see movement in market, i can't stop having a thought for all these hard working ppl...earning to live.... whereas in market u just sit on your *** and money grows or disappears but mostly grown over longer period of time.
Old February 3, 2018, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I have always been honest here. It's you who has hard time believing when I say I gained money but easily believe me when I say I lost money. I came to where I am today (able to lose that much cash in a day) because I have been all these years.... I grew up piss poor. My father used to earn $5.50 an hour when I was growing up. I feel so bad now. Such slavery. And when I see movement in market, i can't stop having a thought for all these hard working ppl...earning to live.... whereas in market u just sit on your *** and money grows.
Most of us came from poor family.

It's your thought process, it's scary and risky. If you ask anyone, would they trust you with their money, I'm sure most will be like hell no. Bruh, even a random guy at my work, the first thing he questioned was... what kind of trader is this guy... I mean no offense.. but the fact you bought bitcoin and sold it next day.. was scary.. I mean you just took a risk.. if it hits... your a hero.. if it doesn't.. well... you didn't want to think about this hence sold it off. I am very sceptical about your approaches in trading. Just the way you think and make some risky moves..
Old February 3, 2018, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

^sportingBD that move turned out to be correct selling of bitcoin stock. that stock plummeted some 50% since then. There was thought process behind those move.. It's call cutting your loss and riding on your right calls. These are primitive moves. Nobody in their right mind would invest in bubble cryptos once you dig deeply into it. anyways no talk about simulation.

The moment you see back to back sessions of red in a bubble market.. you have to go short as there is a ripple effect in cards... it's a lot of psychology...
Old February 3, 2018, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^sportingBD that move turned out to be correct selling of bitcoin stock. that stock plummeted some 50% since then. There was thought process behind those move.. It's call cutting your loss and riding on your right calls. These are primitive moves. Nobody in their right mind would invest in bubble cryptos once you dig deeply into it. anyways no talk about simulation.

The moment you see back to back sessions of red in a bubble market.. you have to go short as there is a ripple effect in cards... it's a lot of psychology...
Just couple of months ago, you were saying... the rate at bitcoin is going.. it will reach 50-k the next 2 years... and me and Tigers_eye was telling Mufi to get out of the market.. and when he didn't... you were like.. see you guys wanted him to get out of the market (he made a little more at that stage)... but what happen? had he listened to you.. would have lost half of his money... now

Look you make some risky investments and it pays off.. very good for you but please when you advise others... think about what if it goes the other way? would you pay them? you have to completely cover your basis when you advise people.

Trading is gambling. We gamble on the information.