facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 27, 2014, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Hope he doesn't take it too easy like Gazi did after his debut Series. He can have a long long career in sha allah if he motivate himself to be the best in the country and one of the best in the world!!!

Old October 27, 2014, 01:59 PM
BC Editorial Team

Default All that is wrong with our cricketing culture ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
‘তাইজুলের আগে আরও অনেকেই এমন পারফরম্যান্স দেখিয়েছে। সে তো মাত্র শুরু করেছে। তাই এখনই ওকে (তাইজুলকে) নিয়ে বেশি কিছু লিখবেন না, যাতে ও নিজেকে বড় কিছু না ভাবে। শুরুর আগেই বড় কিছু ভাবলে ওর ক্যারিয়ারের জন্য ক্ষতি হতে পারে। আমি জাতীয় দলের অধিনায়ক হিসেবে আপনাদের কাছে (সাংবাদিকদের) অনুরোধ জানাচ্ছি।’- মুশফিক
How sad is it that a captain has to make this request? It points to at least 3 failures
1) Failure of our journalist to maintain perspective and guide the ignorati on how to appreciate a good performance without losing head
2) Failure of our Board and leadership that they feel they need to make this sort of request to the press. Isn't maintaining/managing ego something they should do in-house instead of blurting it out to the press?
3) Failure of our players' individual professionalism. If all it takes for a player to lose head is to read what the press is saying about him/her, then I question your intrinsic motivators (ala McInnis)

On point, this is what I said in a different thread
Quote:
It is phenomenal that we have a spinner who gives the ball a righteous rip using a classical side-on spinner action and pivoting hard. .
To add to that comment, it's that rip which makes his seeming full-tosses dip in the last moment and make the batsman appear to be lunging forward with hard-hands or driving without getting to the pitch of the delivery. And Taijul has the potential to be even more devastating because based on the 2 tests I've seen him bowl, he doesn't have an arm-ball that he trusts. Once he picks that up from Shakib, who in turn picked it up from Rafique, Taijul will be devastating. He already has the batter apprehensive of the turn away. He'll start getting his share of LBWs as well
Old October 27, 2014, 02:01 PM
BC Editorial Team

To continue, the last Bangladeshi spinner who gave the ball a similar rip was Enamul. But the optimistic part of Taijul is that his action is a lot simpler than Enam. And he also seems to be not trying too many things at the same time: these two were the things that IMHO stopped Enam from being our spearhead.
Old October 27, 2014, 03:35 PM

Old October 27, 2014, 04:08 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Well played Taijul! Bowled really well. Gutted we didn't have him for the New Zealand series. This should spell the end for Razzak in Tests.
Old October 27, 2014, 04:11 PM
Cricket Guru

^^This may very well be end of Razzak in all formats.

Taijul first came in the picture as a T20 bowler, and then forced his way into national team with FC performance. That goes to show he has good potential for all spectrum of this sport.
Old October 27, 2014, 04:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

After seeing Shakib and Jubair in the first innings, I thought maybe we can drop him and play a batsmen instead in the 2nd test. I didn't see anything special in him in the 1st innings. But wow he just came and dominated the entire 2nd innings and made me shut up and eat a big humble pie

now taijul for president!!!
Old October 28, 2014, 05:13 AM
BC Editorial Team

Sohel, were you talking about the same bowler???
Old October 28, 2014, 12:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
How sad is it that a captain has to make this request? It points to at least 3 failures
1) Failure of our journalist to maintain perspective and guide the ignorati on how to appreciate a good performance without losing head
2) Failure of our Board and leadership that they feel they need to make this sort of request to the press. Isn't maintaining/managing ego something they should do in-house instead of blurting it out to the press?
3) Failure of our players' individual professionalism. If all it takes for a player to lose head is to read what the press is saying about him/her, then I question your intrinsic motivators (ala McInnis)

On point, this is what I said in a different thread
To add to that comment, it's that rip which makes his seeming full-tosses dip in the last moment and make the batsman appear to be lunging forward with hard-hands or driving without getting to the pitch of the delivery. And Taijul has the potential to be even more devastating because based on the 2 tests I've seen him bowl, he doesn't have an arm-ball that he trusts. Once he picks that up from Shakib, who in turn picked it up from Rafique, Taijul will be devastating. He already has the batter apprehensive of the turn away. He'll start getting his share of LBWs as well
Very good assessment. Taijul's the real deal. The difference is the way he gives the ball a rip and actually turns the ball while having a much better action. Enamul's action was pretty awkward. Elias couldnt even hold the ball. Shuvo was a darter. This Taijul kid however is an actual spinner. Good find
Old October 28, 2014, 12:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Did not know he came from a poor family.

নাটোর প্রেস ক্লাবের সভাপতি রনেন রায় বলেছেন, ‘দরিদ্র পরিবারের সন্তান হয়ে নিজ অধ্যবসায়ে তাইজুল আজ সাফল্য লাভ করেছে। আমরা তার উত্তরোত্তর সাফল্য কামনা করি।’

ছেলের সাফল্যের আনন্দে কান্নায় ভেঙে পড়েছেন তাইজুলের মা তাসলিমা বেগম। আনন্দের অশ্রুতে সিক্ত চোখ নিয়ে তিনি বলেছেন, ‘অর্থ সংকটে ছেলেকে একটা ভাল ব্যাট কিনে দিতে পারিনি কোনো দিন। নিজের চেষ্টা আর উদ্যোমে আজ ও এ পর্যন্ত এসেছে।’ ছেলের জন্য সকলের দোয়া চেয়েছেন তাসলিমা বেগম।
- Bangladesher Khela
Old October 29, 2014, 08:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

We need a month long contract with Saqi. Or send him to a spinners academy or something for a month.
Old October 29, 2014, 08:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
And then, with time, turn the other way, against his natural spin.
Old October 29, 2014, 11:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Sohel, were you talking about the same bowler???
Taijul 2.0.1a.
Taijul Islam, a spinner. A boy barely a man. Gentleman, we can remold him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first #1 Bangladeshi SLA. Taijul Islam will be that man. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...ripper.

Can anyone relate?
Old October 29, 2014, 01:48 PM
Cricket Guru

“Taijul bowled a very good line which created a lot of pressure on the batsmen. Coming from Sri Lanka, I have seen Rangana and I can say that Taijul and Likhon [Jubair Hossain] can take Bangladesh to the next level. We also have the world's best all-rounder in our side so that gives us extra options too,” Kalpage told reporters at Mirpur yesterday.

“The experience that I shared with Rangana and the other players over there will be helpful. I will try my best to share my knowledge, work with them and give them confidence,” he added.

-Daily Star
Old October 29, 2014, 03:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Lol...lets not name and shame Sohel this time!
Old October 29, 2014, 04:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

shobai shurute alo choray ,pore shob gula dhila hoya jay, kom to ar dekhlam na ei jibone.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 29, 2014, 04:11 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I give him 1 more series before he disappears just like the others. What i dont get is why BCB keeps pushing these SLA's through when they have Shakib? With Shakib in the line up, we don't need another SLA. An offie, a leggie, a freaking medium pace, anything else for verity!
Old October 29, 2014, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I give him 1 more series before he disappears just like the others. What i dont get is why BCB keeps pushing these SLA's through when they have Shakib? With Shakib in the line up, we don't need another SLA. An offie, a leggie, a freaking medium pace, anything else for verity!
To be honest, none of our SLA's have faded away since debut! Look at Razzak (Survived a long time), Shakib (Still there), Enamul (Not given enough chance, Should have played more ODI! his stats are pretty decent), Elias sunny (Unlucky) and Arafat sunny made debut did well and than got discarded because of our main spinners. mostly I believe our batsmen they lose their way.. Aftab, Nafees, Junaid, Naeem etc.
Old October 29, 2014, 05:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ All I see is bunch of bowlers (besides Shak) who can't bowl anymore after their surprise element died out. Batsman will look at his tape once and figure him out. And then he won't be coached to improve himself and get dropped. You don't even have to go that far. Sunny started out with a bang, became ineffective, got replaced by Gazi. Same thing happened to Gazi. And on top of that he's banned. Now this kid. SLA is just a recycle bin for this team. Should've kept Saqlain as coach.

Razzak is the only who fought back after set backs. Rest of the guys just give up after sudden success. And honestly, even Shakib hasn't improved as bowler. He's just one trick pony. Arm ball. Ask Shamim Chowdhury.
Old October 29, 2014, 06:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ All I see is bunch of bowlers (besides Shak) who can't bowl anymore after their surprise element died out. Batsman will look at his tape once and figure him out. And then he won't be coached to improve himself and get dropped. You don't even have to go that far. Sunny started out with a bang, became ineffective, got replaced by Gazi. Same thing happened to Gazi. And on top of that he's banned. Now this kid. SLA is just a recycle bin for this team. Should've kept Saqlain as coach.

Razzak is the only who fought back after set backs. Rest of the guys just give up after sudden success. And honestly, even Shakib hasn't improved as bowler. He's just one trick pony. Arm ball. Ask Shamim Chowdhury.
I would respectfully disagree with this assessment. Shakib still to this day does a pretty good job deceiving the batsmen, ultimately this is the biggest weapon any bowler can possess coupled with technical abilities
Old October 29, 2014, 08:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Approach is not so different from Herath-flight, loop, bowling in the right channel.

Hopefully Taijul will be able to develop variations, something which Herath is a boss at. And i am glad there is someone like Kalpage who are working with our spinners.
Old October 29, 2014, 09:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Taijul sick!
source :http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%95%E0%A6%BE
Old October 30, 2014, 12:17 AM
BC Editorial Team

nah he doesn't need a doosra. When you can rip it like he does, being an SLA bowling mostly against right-handers, a well disguised arm ball and a quicker one should be sufficient. It's all about the loop, bout the loop, bout the loop, no trouble, all about the loop, bout the loop, bout the loop.
Old October 30, 2014, 07:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Taijul sick!
source :http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%95%E0%A6%BE
I hope Saqlain is ready, just incase.
Old December 1, 2014, 06:30 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

He was excellent today!