facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 21, 2009, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
This idea has incompetence written all over, the captain, BCB and bangladesh cricket.

Soon we will have a mutiny.
Completely agree. We are screwed.
BTW is this the same Enayet siraj who was part of our most incompetent selection panel (Bagh mama and co is trying hard to overcome them) in the early 2000s.
Beamer top post; A ship can not have two captains; let alone four.

Last edited by thebest; January 21, 2009 at 12:45 PM..

Old January 21, 2009, 12:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Who isn't adubhai in the team? Who has learnt over the years? Even Shakib gets out playing same shots wide outside stamp repeatedly. Tamim to Rubel all are adubhai in that sense.
Are you sure you know what Adu Bhai shands for? If that is true how can you say Rubel (not enough time with the team) and Sakib ( not enough failure) as Adu Bhai?

How many years/games Ash is playing and how many years/games Tamim, Sakib or Rubel is playing?

What is their failing record so far.

But one thing I kind of agree that our Adu Bhai (Raam Chagol) continue to lead the team, Tamim (and some more folks) will follow our Adu Bhai's bad traits....

And thats why our Ramm Chagol is more long term threat to our team. The sooner he goes, the better for our young team.

See how ZIM captain is leading the team and how our Raam Chagol is dragging the team. Our ZIM captain is not a batsman, but still how he is instrumental in re-builing a broken innings. And our Raam Chaol is the most experienced batsman, and see how help further collupsing a broken innings. From one captain ZIM young players are getting first hand experience of what leadership is all about. On the otherhand from our Raam Chagol, our young players are learning all the bad traits.

Last edited by Fazal; January 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM..
Old January 21, 2009, 12:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Bangladesh is unique, so is her Cricket team. This will bring a wave of change to cricketing power. Soon Australia, India, SA will follow us and appoint 6 players to be their captain. 6 is better than 5. In USA we are teaching diversifying at workplace so that we have synergy. Way to go BCB, lol.

By the way, the captain earns alot more than the rest. Does Ash has to share the excess money with others?
Old January 21, 2009, 01:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I say if the current norm of having an appointed captain doesn't solve the issue then there's room for care taker captaincy while situation comes under control. Apparently Ash decided to be an autocratic leader by deciding on his own to bat on a bowler friendly pitch which is detrimental to the team, just like decisions taken by the leaders of our country. So why not have a coup by a captain from other sports, say soccer, and have him run the show and when time is right select a leader from the cricket team when they are ready. Story of our political system....let it show in our sports as well.
Old January 21, 2009, 01:19 PM
Cricket Sage

As they are going with mutiple leaders, I suggest to make it formal and give them area to manage:

For example

Ashraful – Captain (Will flip the coin)
Mashrafee – Vice Captain (Will handle Bowling related issues. Plus strategy issues when fielding)

Sakib – Deputy Vice Captain. (Will handle fielding related issues. Evaluate pitch and make decision if we bat or bowl first. Also handle the media)

Rakibul – Assistant to Captain (Will handle batting related issues. Plus strategy issues when batting)

Rahim – Special Assistant to Captain (Will handle wicket keeping and player motivation issues)

.. or something like that.
Old January 21, 2009, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
As they are going with mutiple leaders, I suggest to make it formal and give them area to manage:

For example

Ashraful – Captain (Will flip the coin)
Mashrafee – Vice Captain (Will handle Bowling related issues. Plus strategy issues when fielding)

Sakib – Deputy Vice Captain. (Will handle fielding related issues. Evaluate pitch and make decision if we bat or bowl first. Also handle the media)

Rakibul – Assistant to Captain (Will handle batting related issues. Plus strategy issues when batting)

Rahim – Special Assistant to Captain (Will handle wicket keeping and player motivation issues)

.. or something like that.
How about a captain of shot selection....anyone qualifies for that in our team?
Old January 21, 2009, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

BCB is just following NHL teams.
Old January 21, 2009, 02:09 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Ashraful took it positively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Star
"We do have a group of five, which sits and analyzes games and performances and also plans for the future. I think it was a positive step we have taken and I am sure it will yield positive results in the future," he said.

Link
Old January 21, 2009, 02:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

This has to be one of the stupidest things BCB has ever done. If they are not confident with Ash being captain then they should just release, maybe then his performances with the bat will get better. But doing this wont benefit anyone. TOSS?! what sort of weird decision is that? Thats simply all about luck. Basically, the BCB knows that nobody is ready yet to captain Bangladesh yet except Ashraful, so they are just all these unbelievable things. I really hope the BCB management changes quickly. That needs to be sorted out before our players. These sort of decisions are enough to demotivate a star player like Ashraful.
Old January 21, 2009, 02:20 PM
BC Editorial Team

Well he's not going to very well admit that he is now a দুধ ভাত captain is he? He _has_ to paint it in a positive light.
Old January 24, 2009, 03:41 PM
Cricket Legend

So what if there is a disagreement? Who decides then? Things could turn ugly.

I think five is too many though. It should have been three or at max four.
Old January 24, 2009, 04:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
So what if there is a disagreement? Who decides then? Things could turn ugly.

I think five is too many though. It should have been three or at max four.
this could very well be true
if there is one disagreement we lose the hope from 5 of our best players
Old January 29, 2009, 01:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Obvisouly Five Musketeers giving more dimensions in decision making and leadership, but I believe down the road we might see a new leader among them if everything goes well...An article got my attention, and I was thinking if that is the reason behind the recent success of one of five musketeers...
According to a research conducted by Harvard, they found out that Lefties are little different and may also have superior leadership skills! (not to be bias, it's based on following excerpt)

"More recent research suggests that, while developing, the two sides of the brain actually "fight" for specialized control of certain functions, such as handedness, with the left side (which controls the right - are you following?) more often coming out on top.

Interestingly, even when the right side wins, the left brain often shares some of the duties, studies have shown. So while right-handed people usually process language exclusively in the left side of their brain, lefties process language mostly in the right but partly on the left as well.
That preferential wiring may make lefties more adept at certain skills required for leadership according to McManus, who wrote about his theories in his book "Right Hand, Left Hand" (Harvard University Press; 2002)."

Source: Yahoo

Our BC members who are more wiser than me might give more insights on this. Who knows, may be "he" might become the leader from these Five Musketeers and solve our captancy issue.

Last edited by SS; January 29, 2009 at 01:15 PM..
Old January 29, 2009, 02:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

What exactly is the definition of "crucial decision"? Choice of Power Play, slog over bowling option, fielding set up.

I believe that it is a very simple solution of a much complex problem. Making a decision in the right time is always difficult job. A person makes a decision according to his plan and judgment and most of the time he is not sure about the success. So, clearly it is like gamble. It is expected that most of the time one will win. However, sometimes bad things happen and this creates negative impact upon his future decision.

Now, in this precarious situation if any person get another four people’s decision and judgment, surely he will be perplexed. How will he makes his decision? coin toss, nepotism? My guess is Ashraful will make the final decision. We all know that Ashraful know all types of cricket shots but he is not a good manager to choose his shots. So does it change anything very much?

It will create rift inside the team. For example, if Ashraful accepts the decision of Mashrafe, then it might create a bad impression on other three’s mind unless Ashraful give a explanation about this. Ashraful might loose his reputation among the junior members of the team because he is less powerful.

So, overall I do not think it is a wise move. The success of this new system again depends upon solely on Ashraful.
Old January 29, 2009, 02:51 PM
Test Cricketer

bull****....stupid move by bcb...who comes up with these ideas anyway?...why just 5 of them, why not the whole team? why left out the audience also...

this way u can't even judge a captain...ashraful is a new captain and it takes time to get support from all the members and after this i wonder if anybody in the team will take him seriously....this will effect his batting terribly and its not good for bd...

bunch of morons in bcb...
Old January 29, 2009, 02:59 PM
Cricket Sage

There is reason why they call them "Musketeer".

They are supposed to "Musk" our captain's incapability.
Old January 29, 2009, 03:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
There is reason why they call them "Musketeer".

They are supposed to "Musk" our captain's incapability.
That will be "mask", unless you think of him as some sort of bovine secretion..
Old January 29, 2009, 03:45 PM
Cricket Sage

"Musk" - an artificial imitation of the substance.

ref: dictionary.reference.com
Old January 29, 2009, 03:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Are you sure you know what Adu Bhai shands for? If that is true how can you say Rubel (not enough time with the team) and Sakib ( not enough failure) as Adu Bhai?

How many years/games Ash is playing and how many years/games Tamim, Sakib or Rubel is playing?

What is their failing record so far.

But one thing I kind of agree that our Adu Bhai (Raam Chagol) continue to lead the team, Tamim (and some more folks) will follow our Adu Bhai's bad traits....

And thats why our Ramm Chagol is more long term threat to our team. The sooner he goes, the better for our young team.

See how ZIM captain is leading the team and how our Raam Chagol is dragging the team. Our ZIM captain is not a batsman, but still how he is instrumental in re-builing a broken innings. And our Raam Chaol is the most experienced batsman, and see how help further collupsing a broken innings. From one captain ZIM young players are getting first hand experience of what leadership is all about. On the otherhand from our Raam Chagol, our young players are learning all the bad traits.
Fazal, I hope I know. If you compare between the adubhais, one will always look better than other because of their time spent in the team. If you compare them with the international standards they all are, except Shaki for his recent improvements & mash.

Zim captain hasn't done anything great. Zim knows if you have lack of talents for international level, you got to keep the team stable and allow them to improve with time. unlike many of us.

Instead of blaming Ash for every other person's performance, point your fingure at someone who is paid for the other members performance. The other guys aren't sucking feeder to be ruined by Ash if they know the basics. It's not Ash's responsibility to teach them basics.

Ash has performed in crucial times for BD and he just hit a century against SL, which will help to save our test status, still he is just someone like anyother playing member of the team and needs proper guidance. He should do better and we expect him to do better, but it's not healthy to accept every other player who is not performing at all and put all the abuses on Ash. That doesn't helpthat boy.

Focus your energy to find solutions to Mushi, Junaid, Tamim, Kayes, Rakibul, Mehrab, etc etc everyone except Shakib, Ash & Mash. Let them play their way and tune their performance peacefully.
Old January 29, 2009, 04:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Fazal, I hope I know. If you compare between the adubhais, one will always look better than other because of their time spent in the team. If you compare them with the international standards they all are, except Shaki for his recent improvements & mash.
Actually in the last ODI there were plenty of performers who diod more than Ashraful. Rubel, Nazmul, Naeem contibuted as well as Riad.

Even in the batting there we quite a few batsman performed more than Ashraful except may be Zuniad.

If you talk beyound this ODI in a longer view, they you cannot pick and choose one innings here and there, you have to see the average. And a averag of lower tweney is nothing to brag about. This will just tell you where we are bleeding long term, who is the long term culprit in the team who is milking one good innings here and there but over all failing more or less day-in day-out.

Quote:
Zim captain hasn't done anything great. Zim knows if you have lack of talents for international level, you got to keep the team stable and allow them to improve with time. unlike many of us.
I guess we are following diufferfent games. The ZIM captain played atleast two captain's knock where he held the innings from total collupse even though he was not a batsman.

If you don't see who ZIM captain set the example by poerforming when the team needed most, thne I guess there is no point of arguing. Pak's Inzy used to do the same when he used to be the captain, i.e. comming back few slot behind, used to fix the innings with carefull batting and then ends up with quick runs.

Our Ash knows either to block balls after balls and then get out without excelerating thye run rate at the end ...or try to hit 6s in the begining when the team needs him to stay in the wicket first.

Quote:
Instead of blaming Ash for every other person's performance, point your fingure at someone who is paid for the other members performance. The other guys aren't sucking feeder to be ruined by Ash if they know the basics. It's not Ash's responsibility to teach them basics.
The leader gets most of the credit or the blame. Team excpects mature behaviour from the most experienced players. That is nature of the game. Ash may not have the basic resonsibility to teach others, but as a leader its not unususal to expect a leader set his footprint with good examples to follows.

If a leader cannot lead by example, other would follow all the bad traits. And thats where Ash's responsibility lies.

Quote:
Ash has performed in crucial times for BD and he just hit a century against SL, which will help to save our test status, still he is just someone like anyother playing member of the team and needs proper guidance. He should do better and we expect him to do better, but it's not healthy to accept every other player who is not performing at all and put all the abuses on Ash. That doesn't helpthat boy..

A centurty onece a year from #4 batsman is not going to help our team unless he takes his average to upper 30s. So a century onnce a year is just createing a false hope, but 20 followup single digit scores is where its killing us big time.

Its not that " he is new player where we need to patirnt and as he will learn he will score more". We waited years after years and there is facts to back up this theory. We already know that... he is not going to learn. Thats where its just wasting out time and energy.

Quote:
Focus your energy to find solutions to Mushi, Junaid, Tamim, Kayes, Rakibul, Mehrab, etc etc everyone except Shakib, Ash & Mash. Let them play their way and tune their performance peacefully.
Actually thats what I am doing. If you see, I am not mad at Mushi, Junaid, Tamim, Kayes, Rakibul, Mehrab. Because still they are young and its perfectly alright to be patient and hope that may be they will learn and grow. And if after waiting, we see that they are still failing, its ok to give them break and try someone else. Thats whaty they did with Juniad for example.

But its not ok to just wait andf give Ash thosusands more chances even though he has proved last 6 years that he is not capable to learn from his mistakes. Thats why you see me critisizing Ash more than any newer players.
Old January 29, 2009, 04:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Jeezus.... why don't you two (BANFAN and Fazal uncle) get a room....sheesh

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 29, 2009, 04:40 PM
BC Editorial Team

Fazal _did_ always have a soft spot for Ash
Old January 29, 2009, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Old January 29, 2009, 05:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
....single or double bed? Can we invite Siddon also?
Old January 29, 2009, 06:04 PM
Cricket Savant

bunkbed

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles