facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 24, 2014, 03:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^No Wellington? Taylor does not keep in Test matches?
No Taylor wont keep, i wouldn't play Wellington personally but it doesn't mean that he will not play, just think i would go for the experience in Kamungodzi in the first test.

Old October 24, 2014, 03:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimfan
I really rate our two pacers Chatara and Panyungara i think they are worthy international bowlers. Although i didnt like the tone the Rahim communicated it in his does have a point that our spinners are inexperienced with only one test between them.
It was shakib I think you are referring to. Zim pacers were always better than us starting from Streak and then Olonga, Blignaut, Jarvis, Vitori. So I would assume Chatara and Panyngara will be good too. By the way, why isn't Mpofu playing? He is very decent too.

But they won't be as effective in BD conditions so some Zim spinners will need to step up.
Old October 24, 2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I really rate our two pacers Chatara and Panyungara i think they are worthy international bowlers. Although i didnt like the tone the Rahim communicated it in his does have a point that our spinners are inexperienced with only one test between them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
It was shakib I think you are referring to. Zim pacers were always better than us starting from Streak and then Olonga, Blignaut, Jarvis, Vitori. So I would assume Chatara and Panyngara will be good too. By the way, why isn't Mpofu playing? He is very decent too.

But they won't be as effective in BD conditions so some Zim spinners will need to step up.
Mark out of 10:

Zim pacers = 7
BD pacers = 4
Old October 24, 2014, 04:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Mushy at #3 is a remote option for now. Let's talk about the current options.
Why is he a remote option? He's in the team right? He's at current and for awhile looked the best option long term for the #3 spot, it might be a remote option but it shouldn't be, anyway if we are saying what's wiser which we were in those posts then I believe mushy is the wise option whether it's a remote possibility or not. Marshall hasn't done well at 3 in tests and isn't a #3 batsman so he's not a wise option for the #3 spot anyway.

Unfortunately it seems like mominul will bat 3, he has done well but I fear this move so early on in his career might be something he isn't ready for, he's still very inexperienced and a few good games doesn't mean he's ready for such a big step (happy to be proved wrong of course), mushy on the other hand has done well in tests for quite a few years, has experience, has technique, has form and responsibility. None of the #3 options in the squad are #3's which is why I think mushy is best choice for that spot and let mominul bat where he has done well and slot Marshall or hom in the middle order where they belong.

Marshall batting at 3 in a couple of tests and not doing so well gives him a slight advantage over hom, but hom is in form so that's his advantage, neither are suited to #3 imo.
Old October 24, 2014, 05:47 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

So Whatmore is here in BD for commentary duty. Poor chap. I always thought he is a highly capable coach.... Just coached the wrong teams.
Old October 24, 2014, 05:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Although experience plays a role, sometimes a big role I think mushy's approach could be underestimating the zim spinners, I hope he's not but it comes across that way to me, just because they are inexperienced doesn't mean they are bad bowlers, they could still cause trouble especially if underestimated.
Old October 24, 2014, 06:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

I remember it was Jamie Siddons who said mushy could bat anywhere from 1-6 and he's really matured as a batsman. Whenever I watch bd play even against lower ranked teams there's that feeling that the next ball could bring a wicket and that we could be shot out withing 20 overs of that happening, but mushy is different, the assuredness at the crease is evident with his maturity as a batsmen for the past two years. I think it was post 2011 world cup (that 81 against aus) which really changed the mindset of the little man. He's the only player who actually gives a value to his wicket and sure he might not have the flair of tamim or the aggression of shakib, but a more classical cricketer with an innate belief in his own batting I don't think you would have in bd. The only disappointment for me was his inability to channel this mindset to his captaincy. Same old story here though I guess, when Bangladesh is winning there is no criticisms but win a game or two and they are kings again . Also I remember 2010 how horrible the year was, close calls and giving up without trying and that one sparkling win in Bristol seemed to reinstate that belief that our boys can compete and we went on to create history. All I ever wanted was to see Bangladesh play, not win but play with pride and honour. Just so that I could say they never gave up even when the going got tough, they stood up and gave their all. That 3rd odi in the west indies reminded me of Pakistan in damulla >.< I would much rather getting bowled out for 100 all guns blazing rather than 200 batting out 50 overs. International cricket is not a place for batting practice and I have a feeling one win in Dhaka will either spark a much needed revival or simply be the calm before a storm. Respect your opponents, bowl your hearts out and bat as though it's your last innings. Above all believe that you can beat them, if not that you will go down fighting. In mushfiq and Shakib you have world class players, and in tamim a decent opening batsmen who on is day is world class, these three are reaching their prime and if all three fire simultaneously, Bangladesh could do worse!
Old October 24, 2014, 06:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

where are the links yo?
Old October 24, 2014, 07:07 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

What Mushy is so good at doing is picking on the opponents weaknesses rather than highlighting their own strengths.
Old October 24, 2014, 07:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

3 hours to go....
Old October 24, 2014, 08:14 PM
Cricket Legend

instead of keeping anamul in the sideline, could have gave him a go. He could have kept while mushy batted higher up the order.
Old October 24, 2014, 08:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

If bd bat first, we need t make 500 atleast
Old October 24, 2014, 09:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

cant wait to see jubair bowling action if we bowl first? but i like to see bd batting first and score around 400.....if its a spin track, that will do enough for bd spin bowlers to take 20 of the ten carot wickets against zim. (24 carots wkts for bd bowlers are ausi and sa wkts) others 22 to 14 carots. indian wkts i will say 18 carots.....
Old October 24, 2014, 09:43 PM
Street Cricketer

So excited for this series to start. I think the first test is Zimbabwe's best chance at victory. We typically get worse as tours go on.
Old October 24, 2014, 10:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Zimbabwe have won the toss, we hear, and have chosen to bat.
Old October 24, 2014, 10:06 PM
Test Cricketer

linnk ki ase?
Old October 24, 2014, 10:09 PM
Test Cricketer

anybody have a live streaming link?
Old October 24, 2014, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Srk back. Ffs.
Old October 24, 2014, 10:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

way too many bowlers. 5 main bowlers in srk, alamin, shak, taijul, jubair. then you have riyad and hom who were full time in WI tour. so 7 full time bowlers
Old October 24, 2014, 10:21 PM
Test Cricketer

any links guys?
Old October 24, 2014, 10:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

http://embed247.com/live.php?ch=HD_Stream
Old October 24, 2014, 10:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote: