facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 19, 2014, 03:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustaphaAli
always been curious, what does RBX mean?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I believed it means Rubel Hossain, You know who Rubel Hossain is, right?

Old February 19, 2014, 04:10 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I believed it means Rubel Hossain, You know who Rubel Hossain is, right?
nah, i dont. please tell me who rubel hossain is.... please.

Old February 19, 2014, 04:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
nah, i dont. please tell me who rubel hossain is.... please.

Really? Am i really gonna do this?? The guy is a fast bowler in the Bangladesh team.
Old February 19, 2014, 04:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Tired of watching losses after losses.... Either win this or invite PNG or Namibia for few matches to gain confidence.
Old February 19, 2014, 04:27 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Really? Am i really gonna do this?? The guy is a fast bowler in the Bangladesh team.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sarcasm

Old February 19, 2014, 04:35 PM
Cricket Savant

@MustaphaAli, did i asked you for a link to the definition of Sarcasm? If you think you are going to play games on this forum, Then i hope the mods make notice of this. We are in a match thread and we should be discussing details pertaining to the match, not trying to make fools of people.
Old February 19, 2014, 04:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
We are gonna loose for sure.. If the team wasn't such a big choker our record would have quite good over the years, with test victories over full strength Pakistan and Australian side, Asia cup & Tri nation Champion to T20 tournament winner against No 1 ranked side. This in turn would have prevented the team from becoming the "minnows" and "laughing stock" of the rest of the world...

Even if Bangladesh wins this one day, it wouldn't really matter to me. Only if the team wins both the ODIs against Srilanka, take the Asia cup and become World T-20 Champion, would I change my opinion about these loosers..
Well said.
Old February 19, 2014, 04:43 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
@MustaphaAli, did i asked you for a link to the definition of Sarcasm? If you think you are going to play games on this forum, Then i hope the mods make notice of this. We are in a match thread and we should be discussing details pertaining to the match, not trying to make fools of people.
tell me why rubel is RBX then...

Old February 19, 2014, 04:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

I'm sure that the real Rubel Hossain will give you a answer that you so desperately want to know. You simply asked what it meant and I told you the most Accurate depiction of it. If you want more info, your question is still in this thread. I gave you an answer and you replied with a link, instead of having a decent meassage. Like i said, This is a match thread, we should be discussing match details. Go to another thread to find your answer to the meaning of RBX. Good Luck.
Old February 19, 2014, 06:33 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

The team should be hopping mad and ice cool. So much so that even the best team in the world would be afraid to play them. Getting them to the right mindset is the coach and skipper's job. Someone needs to dictate strategy/tactics to Mushfiqur. Otherwise, he will mess up somewhere.
Old February 19, 2014, 06:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

I think that what Pakistan pulled off with Imran Khan (captain) and Javed Miandad (as an onfield tactician) is only a theory. In practice this is probably not possible. You just cannot ask someone else about your every move (only the key ones in crunch situation may be) being the captain or else its the other person who should be the captain to begin with. Then there is the ego factor that might come in. Even after the loss mushfiq still defended his stance of bowling left handers with offspinners. It tells me that he simple does not see it. He needs to learn QUICKLY that you cannot just apply the damn same formula to go about each and every game. It is simply heart breaking to see him making blunders like this.
Old February 19, 2014, 07:22 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

If this was done before, it is no longer a theory. Having said that, Mushfiqur might not have the capability of pulling this off. Let us see how it develops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
I think that what Pakistan pulled off with Imran Khan (captain) and Javed Miandad (as an onfield tactician) is only a theory. In practice this is probably not possible. You just cannot ask someone else about your every move (only the key ones in crunch situation may be) being the captain or else its the other person who should be the captain to begin with. Then there is the ego factor that might come in. Even after the loss mushfiq still defended his stance of bowling left handers with offspinners. It tells me that he simple does not see it. He needs to learn QUICKLY that you cannot just apply the damn same formula to go about each and every game. It is simply heart breaking to see him making blunders like this.
Old February 19, 2014, 09:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Thought not gona watch 2nd odi... But after samsur big talk hope.. Kicking me to see it & i will see. Again hope, again belive... No matter what we r the bangali... We can come back from no where... We can dint the against party.. We can roar like a tiger... All together i will see this match again.... Like me i know eveybody will keep eye on TV or at the field... Belive tigers will come back.... Will make us wake again. Go tigers hunt the victory.
Old February 19, 2014, 09:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MashTamimFiqur al Hasan

did you guys remember when abul hasan, out no 10 batsman in test cricket, scored a bloody century? imagine how his opponents felt?! remember the world cup where we were all out for 60 odd? well we did revenge on west indies and got them out for 60 odd too! we need to let this first odi match against SL go and carry on being positive! i really do feel we can win this!
Old February 19, 2014, 10:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

good luck boyyz! cornered tigers r always dangerous.
Old February 19, 2014, 10:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Dude, I moved back to Dhaka few years back and trying to make a change in my own little way, thus the frustration. If I was staying abroad, do you think I would have time for such rant! After all, "time is money" everywhere else other than Bangladesh..

Also, this mental weakness and mediocrity is not confined to the border of Bangladesh, desis abroad are not that different either. A quick look at the average income of Bangladeshi diaspora in US, UK or Australia in comparison to other immigrant groups will show the difference. I am yet to find a developed expat Bangladeshi neighborhood in any country, it's mostly a smaller/bigger version of Jackson Heights regardless of where you go.

p.s I need to update my location from Chicago, I was there in 2005 lol
Thats a bit excessive Imtiaz bhai. How many of the 7 or so Chinatowns strewn about NYC are as developed as the Upper East Side? Manhattan, Flushing, Elmhurst chinatowns are all like Jackson Heights just with Chinese people. Ethnic enclaves are always choatic because they contain the very bottom socioeconomic class of the immigrant population.

Along with your comment about Bangladesh needing to win this series, AC, and WT20 to prove they're not losers.

There is certainly a culture of mediocrity and an alarming level of ineptitude leading to continously losing out on NRR whenever it comes into play. That being said, expecting a sea change is as futile as the man who expects his future bride to be Miss Universe with a Harvard diploma as well. You have to recognize your objective value and set goals and aspirations accordingly.

You wouldn't expect Bangladesh to win an all out military confrontation with China would you?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 19, 2014, 11:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Thats a bit excessive Imtiaz bhai. How many of the 7 or so Chinatowns strewn about NYC are as developed as the Upper East Side? Manhattan, Flushing, Elmhurst chinatowns are all like Jackson Heights just with Chinese people. Ethnic enclaves are always choatic because they contain the very bottom socioeconomic class of the immigrant population.

Along with your comment about Bangladesh needing to win this series, AC, and WT20 to prove they're not losers.

There is certainly a culture of mediocrity and an alarming level of ineptitude leading to continously losing out on NRR whenever it comes into play. That being said, expecting a sea change is as futile as the man who expects his future bride to be Miss Universe with a Harvard diploma as well. You have to recognize your objective value and set goals and aspirations accordingly.

You wouldn't expect Bangladesh to win an all out military confrontation with China would you?
lol Don't take my post in literal terms man.. just frustrated with the team's performance and the general attitude of the people back here.

As for the analogy, I wouldn't expect Bangladesh to be equal to China militarily, but people should aspire to be like South Korea or Malaysia at least. In cricket team's context, of course I don't expect the tigers to be Australia or South Africa overnight, but after a decade of test cricket we should be mature enough to handle pressure situation one out of 2/3 times and not give it away every time. Just look at the U-19 WC, even Afghanistan (with much less exposure) was wise enough to finish the chase in 25 overs against Namibia to qualify but our batsmen collapsed just at the thought of a challenge!

p.s the worst part of this is I have Bangladeshi genes as well, so if today we beat Srilanka.. like others I will probably be over the moon.
Old February 19, 2014, 11:55 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I want Ryad, Gazi, Rubel dropped

1. Tamim
2. Shamsur
3. Mominul
4. Naeem
5. Mushfiq
6. Shakib
7. Nasir
8. Anamul
9. Mash
10. Arafat
11. Al Amin

Nasir, Naeem and Mominul can bowl 10 overs between them.
Win the toss and send Sri Lanka in.. they will score 300 and we can chase it down like we did vs NZ
Old February 20, 2014, 12:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Main thing is that batsmen need to fire. Angelo Mathews and company had a lot of luck in this series. Can't we change that for these last two Games?
Old February 20, 2014, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Visiting Dhaka for 10 days, so going to watch the match today in the stadium!
Old February 20, 2014, 12:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
Visiting Dhaka for 10 days, so going to watch the match today in the stadium!
Great mayne. Really happy for you. After the heartbreak last match, I actually need to hype myself up to watch this one, and I always like it when people from this forum go to the stands.
Old February 20, 2014, 12:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

any truth in the fact that your heart will get weaker if you watch bd matches?
Old February 20, 2014, 01:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
lol Don't take my post in literal terms man.. just frustrated with the team's performance and the general attitude of the people back here.

As for the analogy, I wouldn't expect Bangladesh to be equal to China militarily, but people should aspire to be like South Korea or Malaysia at least. In cricket team's context, of course I don't expect the tigers to be Australia or South Africa overnight, but after a decade of test cricket we should be mature enough to handle pressure situation one out of 2/3 times and not give it away every time. Just look at the U-19 WC, even Afghanistan (with much less exposure) was wise enough to finish the chase in 25 overs against Namibia to qualify but our batsmen collapsed just at the thought of a challenge!

p.s the worst part of this is I have Bangladeshi genes as well, so if today we beat Srilanka.. like others I will probably be over the moon.
OK, just checking. I too had some choice words for the U19 performance today. I didn't even realize our match vs Australia was yday/today. I saw the CI tag "AFG through to quarters" and my initial thought was "Oh, we beat AUS and we're through with AFG...cool".

Only then did I devle a little deeper and see sure enough we effed it up on NRR. Of course we did. Bangladesh will always find a way to screw themselves up on NRR.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 20, 2014, 01:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh899
any truth in the fact that your heart will get weaker if you watch bd matches?
Yes sir! You develop severe trust issues being a fan of this team. We are all headed to the couch at some point of our lives because of the damage caused.
Old February 20, 2014, 01:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:

This name was given by Sohel bhai. So you better ask him.