facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 19, 2011, 03:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Chigumbura is BOOM BOOM KABOOM and then FATTOOSH Fooshhhh "Tram Garir Capa Pora Bang Chepta.."

Where-as Shakib is not any of those.

Old August 19, 2011, 04:32 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Shakib's bowling has been sub-standard for a while now. Too much cricket? Captaincy dragging on him? I don't know. But, we want that Number 1 all-rounder in the world back.
Old August 19, 2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
He bowled very good in IPL and County.
Perhaps because he did not have to lead the teams. Very few all-rounders (or bowlers) have been good captains.
Old August 19, 2011, 05:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Perhaps because he did not have to lead the teams. Very few all-rounders (or bowlers) have been good captains.
Many great captains had been all rounders. Check the world cup winning captains. Except Aus under SW/RP... they had a superb team to back them up.
Old August 19, 2011, 05:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
one bad series and people calling for his head..chigi was never a good performer as a captain..whereas shakib had his best performances as captain..just one bad series..come sunday when we'll win again Insha'Allah, and people will talk even lesser...
Ace dont be so much in love that you be blind. None is asking for head, criticism will come if the team performs bad like this. It's not a merely bad series, it's a disaster of a series. We lost the test in big margin, we lost ODI series without any resistance ... and it's not one series..... 3 match Ausie series and the WC wasn't great either... so it's 3 in a row and it's on the decline since WC.

He is our best player, Captain and what not... don't be so possessive, he belongs to all and every one has their judgement when to criticize. And criticism if taken whole heartedly, will help him to reach graeter heights only.
Old August 19, 2011, 06:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

i am not defending him...if we can't perform upto expectations in this home series..i will be the first one to call for his head..but i am waiting for wi and pak series to make a final call...and a lot can change by thenn.....
Old August 19, 2011, 09:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
i am not defending him...if we can't perform upto expectations in this home series..i will be the first one to call for his head..but i am waiting for wi and pak series to make a final call...and a lot can change by thenn.....
Fair enough ..... you need 5 series to start criticism and some might think 3 is enough to criticise so he can wake up and improve. We dont want him to deteriorate, in fact we don't afford that.

If you know BD cricket, you should know change can happen in either direction. These criticisms can only help him to be on course and not submit his head to you after next series.

I dont have any complain on Shakib's performance, but it's his captaincy that's bothering at the moment and he should be better than now. This victory after losing a 3-0 straight matches, didn't need an Imran khan to wake the team up, 'dealey pith thekle people don't need a motivator to bounce back'. Captaincy was more needed after the loss in Tests if not before the Test. So these wins in pressure less situation for losing causes, means nothing, don't think the problems are over. We are just trying to make it look like a shommanjonok series porajoy.
Old August 19, 2011, 10:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

are bhai,it's not Sak's fault that he has to lead a bunch of inconsistent players,give him a break, he is doing well, atleast let's see him till the end of 2011.
Then we will talk
Old August 19, 2011, 10:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

I dont have any complain on Shakib's performance, but it's his captaincy that's bothering at the moment and he should be better than now. This victory after losing a 3-0 straight matches, didn't need an Imran khan to wake the team up, 'dealey pith thekle people don't need a motivator to bounce back'. Captaincy was more needed after the loss in Tests if not before the Test. So these wins in pressure less situation for losing causes, means nothing, don't think the problems are over. We are just trying to make it look like a shommanjonok series porajoy.
Jaak, this post only confirms we are a one man team.

Life'a first performing captain paisi amra. Tatey ar bhalo lagtasey na. We want non-performing captain. Bring it on. Shala pola ta quit koray na kaan, ami bhujhi na. If only I was his agent or boro bhai....

daat thaktey amra daat'er morjada bhujhi na.
Old August 20, 2011, 12:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Ghar'h mota hoye jachchhe ebong that's had an impact on his overall performance. Everyone from his close family members to his earliest fans see this ego and money mania and are intervening. I'm confident he'll emerge out of this mess stronger than ever.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 20, 2011, 12:51 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Shakiber spinning finger e khoto hoyse..thats why or bowling kharap hoyteche.
Quote:
টানা দুই ম্যাচে মাত্র ৬ ওভার বোলিং করলেন।কাল একটি উইকেট পেলেও সাকিবকে কখনই সাকিবের মত লাগেনি।একটা কারণ অবশ্য অনুমান করাই যায়।বলের সিমে ঘষা খেতে খেতে স্পিনিং ফিঙ্গারে একটা ক্ষত হয়ে গেছে।বল ধরতেই বড় সমস্যা হচ্ছে তার
- Source PA

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 20, 2011, 01:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Shakiber spinning finger e khoto hoyse..thats why or bowling kharap hoyteche.

- Source PA

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
i knew this was going to be a probem sumtime or the other...hope he recovers before windies series...we do need him badly..can he recover from this in time within a month...what say? any one care to shed some light?...
Old August 20, 2011, 01:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Jaak, this post only confirms we are a one man team.

Life'a first performing captain paisi amra. Tatey ar bhalo lagtasey na. We want non-performing captain. Bring it on. Shala pola ta quit koray na kaan, ami bhujhi na. If only I was his agent or boro bhai....

daat thaktey amra daat'er morjada bhujhi na.
TE, I understand what you mean. But the team's internal politics (JS Inspired), Selfishness (Staying away in difficult times and stepping in at easy points), off field arrogance etc however small or big is a concern. I like to see how it pans out after this series. If that's not a major issue/concern, i have no problem with a few cricketing mistakes here and there, those can be learnt and repaired. But I wouldn't want even a performing captain creating internal conflicts. That's not only dangerous for the team, but for his own performance as well.

What internal politics can do to an established team like Pak you have all seen, we will be blown out of the cricketing world if we indulge into it. We are too fragile to be able to absorb such things.

But I still have firm faith on Shakib, I hope he will give up all wrong practices inside (if that exists) and be the Shakib that we all know from his early days. His discipline is important for the dicsipline of the team.
Old August 20, 2011, 01:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
But I still have firm faith on Shakib, I hope he will give up all wrong practices inside (if that exists) and be the Shakib that we all know from his early days. His discipline is important for the dicsipline of the team.
thats more like it
Old August 20, 2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Many great captains had been all rounders. Check the world cup winning captains. Except Aus under SW/RP... they had a superb team to back them up.
If you locate all the great captain in history, a large majority of them would be batsmen. Imran Khan was probably the only great WC-winning all-rounder captain. Despite winning the 1983 WC, his overall performance as a captain was good, not great. But then, to me, only captains like Ian Chappell, Michael Brearley, Richie Benaud, and MAK Pataudy are great captains. (Yes, I know that Benaud was an all-rounder.)

Just my 2 cents...
Old August 20, 2011, 07:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Ghar'h mota hoye jachchhe ebong that's had an impact on his overall performance. Everyone from his close family members to his earliest fans see this ego and money mania and are intervening. I'm confident he'll emerge out of this mess stronger than ever.
Shei jonnai tho boli sohel bhai, o quit koruk. Ghar abar shoja hoiye jabey ar manush (explayers, MAsh loving media and fans) okay niye ato shomalochona (that is what hurts me) korbey na. Plus we will see how the so called leaders perform (Mushi to Tamim whoever gets the nod).

You are the one who have the inside access. Make him realize what humbleness is and the virtue of it. You said he was a different breed (character and knowledge) than anyone who came before him.
Old August 20, 2011, 10:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

His first cousin, an officer in the Army, is married to my cousin-by-close-family-friendship, and he's really pi$$ed about many things, especially the fact that he's "doing nothing for Magura". Pretty much everything written by the mystery writer (HaBa) in KaKa during the WC after the flip-the-bird incident was true. He's family's talking to him.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 20, 2011, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

LOL@Everyone who's calling for Shak's head. Last year, this guy single handedly won you a damn series, after than he contributed well with the bat in the Zimbabwe series. Even when he's going through a rough patch, he's by far the top player of the team. He is the only one who's never satisfied with his performance, I've hardly seen him raise the bat after scoring 50s. As for Mushy, he's doing well now, lets first see how consistent he's going to be in future, let alone handling the pressure of captaincy.

PS: Also check Shakib's stats as captain, and tell me that he's not been able to handle pressure.
Old August 20, 2011, 12:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
His first cousin, an officer in the Army, is married to my cousin-by-close-family-friendship, and he's really pi$$ed about many things, especially the fact that he's "doing nothing for Magura". Pretty much everything written by the mystery writer (HaBa) in KaKa during the WC after the flip-the-bird incident was true. He's family's talking to him.
Thanks

@ Ace of bd .... Please read ....
Old August 20, 2011, 03:03 PM
Banned

yup..read that....and yea,...am not defending him, but what are we nrbs doing too for our country? see i dont love him, as long as he is giving the results, i have no problems....the fact is i have seen him give 100% whenever he went out to the field representing bangladesh....but tough times can come across any career.....he's going thru one of them now....but time must also be given....as like evryone else...i have faith and hopeful, that he'll start doing and delivering what we all would like to see from him...and yep....trust me, news like these spread like wildfire when a player is off-form....all third party stories..not that i dont belive these news....but lemme see who dares raises such questions again, say IF he manages to win us a series this coming winter....Bangladesh is greater to me than anything else.....and if i see someone trying to put perosnal interests above their country...i will be the first one to knock him off...but i am not the kind who wants to jump without giving enough time....mark this post of mine...if he cant give anything satisfactory against teams who are are closest rivals in terms of ranking..then there's something seriously wrong..and i'll be the first one to lead my voice against shakib...but not yet..this is the first REAL disaster...lemme see how he copes..and then i'll conclude
Old August 20, 2011, 04:16 PM
Cricket Sage

yes, what's wrong with Shakib?

Lets drop him from the team and give back ashraful's captaincy.
Old August 20, 2011, 04:51 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Shakib-Tamim, as cricketers, are measured against a completely different standard than the rest of our current or past cricketers. Their performance is measured against the best cricketers in the world while our other players are measured against each other and some of the players from the past. The fact that we have someone like Shakibrulz here, who I believe is not Bangladeshi but is still a huge fan of Shakib and an active contributor in BC, is just a small indication of this unprecedented fame.

This also means that their performances during rough patches will be scrutinized more harshly. While a 50 in the Test and in one of the ODIs along with a few wickets here and there might suffice for the other players, it's below standard for him and hopefully he will excel in the home series.
Old August 20, 2011, 05:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

About 2 years ago I wrote an article for BC stating that now that Mash is fit again (he had come back from injury at the time) he should be handed back the reigns as captain. My reasons were twofold
1) because we had never really got to see what mash could do as captain as he had broken down early in the Windies series; and
2) most importantly, because Shakib was far too important a player for BD (as batsman and bowler) to be burdened with the captaincy.

At the time BC politely declined to publish the piece because they disagreed with the basic premise. (BTW I respect that decision and have no qualms about the article not being published). I could not have predicted then that Shakib would also let all the adoration and success go to his head.

My point is, it is always questionable making your best player captain. Rarely do they live up to expectation (sachin, flintoff, KP, Lara - all were less successful captains than they were players).

Shakib is talented and he has led us to some great wins, of that there is no doubt. But it seems he has also lost his humility along the way. That is most unfortunate. I don't want him to lose the captaincy, but from the way he is behaving I fear this will happen sooner rather than later...
Old August 20, 2011, 06:07 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
About 2 years ago I wrote an article for BC stating that now that Mash is fit again (he had come back from injury at the time) he should be handed back the reigns as captain. My reasons were twofold
1) because we had never really got to see what mash could do as captain as he had broken down early in the Windies series; and
2) most importantly, because Shakib was far too important a player for BD (as batsman and bowler) to be burdened with the captaincy.

At the time BC politely declined to publish the piece because they disagreed with the basic premise. (BTW I respect that decision and have no qualms about the article not being published). I could not have predicted then that Shakib would also let all the adoration and success go to his head.

My point is, it is always questionable making your best player captain. Rarely do they live up to expectation (sachin, flintoff, KP, Lara - all were less successful captains than they were players).

Shakib is talented and he has led us to some great wins, of that there is no doubt. But it seems he has also lost his humility along the way. That is most unfortunate. I don't want him to lose the captaincy, but from the way he is behaving I fear this will happen sooner rather than later...
Abu bhai (I hope you don't mind me calling you that), I enjoyed the Cricinfo article you wrote about Shakib after meeting him last month. In that article and in the comments you made after posting it on BC, you gave the impression that he was a fairly soft spoken but confident young man. I've heard others say similar things when they met him face to face. So, do you think it is the case that his persona changes when he is wearing his 'Bangladesh captain' hat (on the field, press conferences, interviews etc) as compared to being himself off the field, away from cricket?

As someone who only knows him through his cricketing performances and newspaper articles, I can't but help think that he has a touch of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde about him!
Old August 20, 2011, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Abu bhai (I hope you don't mind me calling you that), I enjoyed the Cricinfo article you wrote about Shakib after meeting him last month. In that article and in the comments you made after posting it on BC, you gave the impression that he was a fairly soft spoken but confident young man. I've heard others say similar things when they met him face to face. So, do you think it is the case that his persona changes when he is wearing his 'Bangladesh captain' hat (on the field, press conferences, interviews etc) as compared to being himself off the field, away from cricket?

As someone who only knows him through his cricketing performances and newspaper articles, I can't but help think that he has a touch of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde about him!
thats what i like...u casnt be sweetie sweetie on the field.....and when its time to be ruthless, u gotta be...but its a tough world to live..one bad series, and u are a villain...thats the life of a cricketer in this part of the world....