facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 10, 2009, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
i think Nazmul and Dollar could be quite effective and we need to try them on some pace friendly tracks
Definately they shoulde be used in pace friendly wickets.Actually we were talking about 3rd pacer whith some batting ability whom can we use in fast wickets.Any way the way dollar is performing is good hope he can improve further,though i am still a bit sceptic about his batting ability.On the other hand i know little about NAZMUL MILON,FAIS can u give us any information about his bowling ability,Pace,Built?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Old October 10, 2009, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Interesting thing is Faisal(Dickens) is doing well in Maharastra

Old October 10, 2009, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
Since the demise of Botham England is searching one. I do not consider Flinthof as allrounder (basic criteria Batting Av> Bowling Av does not fit) The great WI and Aussi teams of 70s and 90s did not have any allrounder. But that did not prevent them being the best team of the world (Ok aus has one in Gilly). But England team have so many bits and piece allrounder (pringle, capel, Holliaoke etc in reality they were neither bowler nor batsman) in 1990s; they were at the bottom. We need six World Class Batsmen and Four World Class bowlers with a decent WK ( A wk on par with Boucher in keeping ability ; batting is bonus). Unfortunately we have only one bowler who could compete with the best and batsmen are developing atm.
What nobody said.
Old October 16, 2009, 12:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Then probably following guys can meet up the need or medium pace all rounder
1)Farhad Reza
2)Sajidul
3)Nazmul Hossain Milon
4)Delwar Hossain
5)Ziaur
Now we will have to wait for the performance of these guys and to be selected for national ODI team or for some one new.

So as i thought Farhad has started performing in big boss tournament.He made some runs and 5 wickets in 2 matches.That means he is not rusty.I gread this guy highly for short version of matches specially ODI.So chronologically our prospects for this place in my openion:
1)Farhad
2)Dollar
3)Ziaur
4)Faisal
5)Delwar
6)Nazmul Milon
Quality of players in The list is not too bad i think.

Old October 16, 2009, 10:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Farhad Reza is way too nervous to be able to handle international cricket. .....
Quote:
I can guarantee Farhad Reza's failure in the international arena. He's that bad in my opinion. And no, we don't have any pacer all-rounders. Quite sad really. They all seem to spinning allrounders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
And I guarantee that if he get chance again, he will prove you wrong again. And that is based on his past record of him in the team. But what I am not sure is if he will indeed make it to the national team again. The team is loaded with all-rounders who are doing ok right now.

There is a tendency among some fans to discount young players too early forgetting that inexperienced players have room to grow with experience. What we need to see is sign of improvement as they get more experienced.... are they improving or moving in a circle...are they learning from their mistakes or not..are they raising their performance in key moments or not?

So please don't discount these young players before they have the opportunity to grow. Now should Farhad be in the team immediately? That where we agree... he should pay his due and make a case and wait for his chance before he gets his another chance. But guaranteeing that he will be a failure when he is in the team? That's where we disagree. Its too early to say one way or other.
I am so sorry, I always try to understand Fazal mama's philosophy on life and almost all of his concepts are crystal clear and almost proven but I never understood his fascination with Farhad Reza! Here I am sorry I have to agree with C_K a bit too much as I always feel that histeam can't really rely on Reza either for batting or bowling against top opposition! I think Reza is a good mid-level medium all-rounder but only in the BD domestic level and for that standard but he is no threat to any international batsman or bowler!

I really honestly think Farhad Reza is Fazal mama's close relative, like a son or nephew or grand-son or something and he always protects him heavily like a mother hen over her chicks!
Old October 20, 2009, 09:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
So as i thought Farhad has started performing in big boss tournament.He made some runs and 5 wickets in 2 matches.That means he is not rusty.I gread this guy highly for short version of matches specially ODI.So chronologically our prospects for this place in my openion:
1)Farhad
2)Dollar
3)Ziaur
4)Faisal
5)Delwar
6)Nazmul Milon
Quality of players in The list is not too bad i think.

I think Muktar of Academy deserve his name in this list.Though i am a bit confused about his class.But in limited over matches it seems he is not a bad player with some all sound performences.

Old October 20, 2009, 10:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Instead of looking for something that we don't have, we need to figure out how to work with what we got.
Exactly. Why do we need a pace-bowling all-rounder when we have plenty of spin-bowling all-rounders of decent potential. Shakib is already established and is the best in the World. And Alok, Riyad, Naeem are all good enough to support him. Plus we have Marshall Ayub and Nasir Hossain in the fringes. And they are 2-3 years away from becoming Internation standard cricketers.
Old October 21, 2009, 12:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Firstly, he hasn't proven me wrong about anything yet. Secondly, though I agree with the fact that it's slightly early to write him off, I don't see how his past record indicates any success in the near future. Debutants who end up like Farhad usually score a few 'flash in the pan' scores against some quality opposition, and then fade away. Farhad's batting average against decent opposition is embarrassing to say the least, and he's had a few opportunities to score some runs down the order, but in the end failed in most matches, though, so did the rest of the team. His couple of notable innings came against Zimbabwe and Kenya, but that was at the start of his career when he was picked for good form.

Quoting Rifat bhai from the 'Next debutant' thread:

Farhad simply doesn't belong either IMO.
He is a 'military pacer'.
Old October 21, 2009, 02:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Ofcourse we need a medium pace allrounder. That doesn't mean we need to use him each and every game or series. Based on pitch condition, Siddon/Sakib would make that decision when they will use him.

There will be pitches where loading up with spinner allrounders, regardless how good they are, will not work.

Muti skilled players are welways welcome over single skilled or "no skilled" players in ODI.

And btw, Farhad bowls faster than Rasel and even as fast as Shahadat or Mashrafee. Shahadat or Mashrafee are not as fast as they used to be, and Farhad is faster than when he start bowling for the national team.
Old October 21, 2009, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Exactly. Why do we need a pace-bowling all-rounder when we have plenty of spin-bowling all-rounders of decent potential. Shakib is already established and is the best in the World. And Alok, Riyad, Naeem are all good enough to support him. Plus we have Marshall Ayub and Nasir Hossain in the fringes. And they are 2-3 years away from becoming Internation standard cricketers.
Lets look at the current bowling format of our national team:
1) Two front line pacer
2)Two front line spinner:Shakib+Razzak/Enamul
3)Job of 5th bowler is done by Mahmudullah/Nayeem both r off spinner if u discard one off spinner from there(Naeem) and put a medium pace all rounder there in a fast pitch is not the bowling versatile?Its Two pace+2 SLA+1 off spinner+1 medium pace seammer.Probably this is why SIDDONS in a interview said he need a pace all rounder.

Old October 20, 2011, 01:18 PM
Cricket Legend

I m interested to move this thread up.In-fact unless we find a pace allrounder we may continue this discussion.
With lot of openion from my forum mates i made a list of all rounders above.But it looks all are in vain.From the full list only Farhad Reza is in the list.So new prospect list:
1.Farhad Reza:Still it looks that Farhad Reza is the best pace allrounder we have.In last SA tour with the A team and BCB cup he did a decent job.His bowling is improving.His FC batting is decent.Basically he is a short version player in that case he need to improve his bowling a bit up further more he need to improve his batting a lot to compete in international level.He is the captain of Rajshahi team this year,i wish his success.
2.Alauddin Babu:To me this guy have huge potential.An improvement in his batting will give him a huge boost up.
3.Mukter Ali: Former academy player.Where is he gone?
4.Soummya Sarkar : Is not he an allrounder from BKSP and academy?
5.Rony Talukder: If he can improve his bowling he has a chance as well.Specially as he is a top order batsman.
6.Saikat Ali: Former academy player.
.................any one left whom we can count?
Edited list:21.6.12

Last edited by M.H.Rubel; June 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM..
Old October 20, 2011, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

hmmm.....I wish that day comes soon.....well if we don't have an Imran Khan...that's fine...but YES we do need a pacer allrounder......
Old October 20, 2011, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Who is going to take the position?Batting all rounder Farhad Reza? Bowling all rounder Mahbubul Alam or some one else?
I don't know how long you have been following cricket, but pace bowling all rounders are very rare.

Shane Watson, Pollock, Streak .... can't think of anyone else!
Old October 20, 2011, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
I don't know how long you have been following cricket, but pace bowling all rounders are very rare.

its not clear to me what timeframe you are referring to while mentioning streak and Watson in the same braket. anyway since streak's time world has seen few more pace bowling allrounders than you listed namely abdul razzak, Andrew flintoff, Jacob oram, Stuart broad, angello Matthews, Jacques kallis (!) and more. not all of them got legendary status but they are good enough to play at international level and have been contributing to the wins for their countries. the point is almost all countries have at least one pace bowling allrounder except India and BD. even Zimbabwe has one(can't recall the name) at their standard.

Old October 20, 2011, 06:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Age ekta pace bowler chai je run o kom dibe wicke to nibe. allrounder na thakle o cholbe.
Old October 20, 2011, 06:13 PM
BC Editorial Team

I thought Shubhagata was a medium pacer. Why is he bowling spin?
Old October 20, 2011, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Every great team must have a pacer all rounder. we already have a world class spinner allrounder in the form of SAH. If we can find someone like Jack Kallis/Andrew Flintoff, and to some extent players like Rana Naved[dont underestimate this guy, he really grew as a batter recently], Shane watson etc.
An allrounder does wonders to the balance of the team, just think of SAH. Whenever he plays in the team we can play an extra bowler/extra batsman depending upon the situation and conditions. If we had a pace allrounder, than we could go places.
P.S. I dont consider Nayeem/Riyad/Mehrab as 'all rounders' they are all 'bit of a batsman, bit of a bolwer"
Absolute, stinking rubbish.

The West Indies side of the 1980s and 1990s did not have an all rounder.

The Australian side of the 1990s and 2000s did not have an all rounder - at least, not after Steve Waugh stopped bowling.

You need batsmen who can make runs and build partnerships, and you need bowlers who can take wickets and build pressure. If some of them are the same people, great, but dont pick someone because they can bat a bit or bowl a bit - pick your best batsmen and your best bowlers.
Old October 20, 2011, 06:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis

Ian Botham, Imran Khan, Keith Miller, Sir Garfield Sobers, Kapil Dev.

In short, players who can be picked as a batsman or a bowler are rare as hens teeth. If you've got one, as the Tigers do, great. But dont wreck a team looking for another one.
Old October 20, 2011, 09:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

No thanks, you dont need crappy bowlers who can barely hold the bat in the team.

PS: Rony is an allrounder?

Old October 20, 2011, 09:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

just based on stats alone: This guy performs in NCL a lot...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...yer/56274.html

Arafat Salahuddin.

we should try him out in the A team/Academy team...i don't care about his age(he is 27) but i think he is worth a try in the A team.

This player is also from MymanSingh like Mahmudullah! I am slightly biased against people from this region because my house teacher in Bangladesh when i was young, he was mashAlllah a brilliant man(taught me math and other school subjects), is from there. again, sorry for useless info
Old October 21, 2011, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Thanks Rifat for the info.I have hardly heard about this person,saw sometimes on score cards.Yes his career looks good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

Arafat Salahuddin.

we should try him out in the A team/Academy team...i don't care about his age(he is 27) but i think he is worth a try in the A team.

This player is also from MymanSingh like Mahmudullah! I am slightly biased against people from this region because my house teacher in Bangladesh when i was young, he was mashAlllah a brilliant man(taught me math and other school subjects), is from there. again, sorry for useless info

Old October 21, 2011, 09:25 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

We already have enough allrounders. We need a good quality pacer first. Don't need any bits and pieces players hogging spots in the team. Alauddin Babu isn't good enough with either bat or ball imo.
Old October 21, 2011, 09:29 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

Arafat Salahuddin.

list A stats look really good..good avg, good SR, decent bowling avg..excellent eco rate..wouldn't hurt to give him some run in the A tours

lets face it we'll never have imran/kapil or let alone a Shane watson given our infrastructure...if we can somehow manage to get someone like Elton Chigumbura or at best a Daren Summy from this guy or alaudin babu i'll be very happy
Old October 21, 2011, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

teach rasel to bat!
Old October 21, 2011, 01:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:

Arafat Salahuddin.

I heard he bowls in 70-75 mph.