facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 11, 2010, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

I think we should look for new blood instead of Raqib/Ashraful in ODI. a better one for this format of cricket.

Old October 11, 2010, 12:03 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

I feel sorry for Kayes.

When he play slow...amara ore galagali koira ki na kore feli...but Rok slow khella amar chup thaki
Old October 11, 2010, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
sakibrulz, thanks for opening this thread.

Last night's euphoria for winning a match in a dictating fashion was mostly offset because of Roqibul's poor and struggling batting when his team was in a very good and comfortable position.

How can we rely on him in a more difficult situation, he needs to be replaced, possibly by Nazimuddin.
Not surrre about Nazimuddin, but todays batting was pretty negative, BD need to get rid of players who helps in just reducing the margin of loss. First step is to drop a test player from the ODI side. I'm all for his inclusion in test side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
I think we should look for new blood instead of Raqib/Ashraful in ODI. a better one for this format of cricket.
Jahurul Islam says hi
Old October 11, 2010, 12:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
This is becoming something new. I want more of this.

Gone are the days when people used to forget everything after a win, all we did was celebrate. Nowdays we criticise a individual who does not play according to fans rule even after a win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Care to elaborate what were all those great things he did? I may have missed them.
By your logic Ashraful must be also beyond criticism. Afterall he won't hog strike and won matches for BD than Raqibul.

When you have people like Jahurul who can play positive innings in the middle order, i don't think Raqibul will be missed. If you collapse, the best he could do is to earn you a 'honorable defeat'.
I think you need to read my post again. I am not criticising you or any player. I was just saying in the past we as fan used to celebrate after a win and forget about few mistakes by certain individual on the way to a win but now after a win we pick on the weakness of one or two individual.
Old October 11, 2010, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I think you need to read my post again. I am not criticising you or any player. I was just saying in the past we as fan used to celebrate after a win and forget about few mistakes by certain individual on the way to a win but now after a win we pick on the weakness of one or two individual.
That is a positive step for starters - not getting carrried away by the odd win and wanting more. Weed out the sluggish batsman like Rocky Bull who time traveled from the 80's and bring in young blood like Jahurul into the side. Shuvogoto hom is almost ready to make debut too. So no Rockybull unless he can atleast stop hogging strike and play positively.
Old October 11, 2010, 12:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

this beautiful man thought he was the sh*t and retired after scoring 30-something in a Twenty20 game that everyone else failed in. In reality, Rokibul sucks. There's no reason to have a Mushfik #2 in our team.

TO all you have ^^^^^
what makes a batsmen "technically sound? scoring 15 off 35 and then getting out? because everyone is calling Mushfikl and Rokibual tachnically sound.

Last edited by AsifTheManRahman; October 11, 2010 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: Make love, not racist remarks
Old October 11, 2010, 12:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
sakibrulz, thanks for opening this thread.

Last night's euphoria for winning a match in a dictating fashion was mostly offset because of Roqibul's poor and struggling batting when his team was in a very good and comfortable position.

How can we rely on him in a more difficult situation, he needs to be replaced, possibly by Nazimuddin.
HELL NOOOOOO!!! I would much rather have Zahirul. He is a good batsmen
Old October 11, 2010, 12:52 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Can we let Rahim bat @4 PLEASEEEEEEEEEE. That's where his best scores came. With Shouvo coming in, Rahim can be pushed up.

Siddique
Rahim
Jahurul
Shakib
Riyad/Naeem/Shouvo
Shafiul
Old October 11, 2010, 12:56 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Man come to think of it, we have an order issue where. Who to bat where. Specially at the opening and middle and lower middle. Only guy is free for now is Siddique at 3. lol

Tamim + Imrul-Nafees-Jahurul (idk why you guys are ignoring him!)
Rahim - Roqibul - Jahurul @ 4
Riyad - Jahurul - Naeem - Shouvo @ lower middle
Old October 11, 2010, 01:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

1 thing for sure though is that even though I'm a big fan of Rokib he's got Jahurul right behind him and if he struggles then we can get Jahurul in..that for me is a great improvement on the team..we actually have the depth now and can confidently replace players..also now we have depth at the openers position..
Old October 11, 2010, 01:26 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

wait......don't drop him ..... he will retire again altogether!! we need him for test cricket! lol
Old October 11, 2010, 01:40 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
1 thing for sure though is that even though I'm a big fan of Rokib he's got Jahurul right behind him and if he struggles then we can get Jahurul in..that for me is a great improvement on the team..we actually have the depth now and can confidently replace players..also now we have depth at the openers position..
Like I said a post earlier, we now have competition for each position. And with Shouvo coming in, now there is competition even in lower middle order and being a part time bowler.

We have to keep them all in the squad together, so they can grow and keep working hard for a place in the team. None of that walking in because board thinks he can be good.
Old October 11, 2010, 01:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

i disagree he is doing a good job keeping his wicket not throwing it away easily thats what we need in middle order
Old October 11, 2010, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
To all who are thinking Raqibul played well here's my counter:

1) Yes it is important to have a more compact, less aggressive player if your batting order is stroke-player heavy
2) Yes before his injury Raqibul was showing some promise on that front but not anymore
3) His feet are in cement. Watch how deep in his crease he was playing. Even to pitched up deliveries and full tosses. A confident batsman moves his feet. Rok doesn't.
4) He is always dead-batting. Counter that with Junaid yesterday. Until he got out, big Z played very safe, sensible cricket, with a straight bat and just angling it to get the easy singles. Raqibul shows an incapability to do so.
5) He actually played more risky shots than Junaid. Quite a few times he exposed his stumps to play some form of cut-shot. None came off.
6) His batting in the 1st ODI was also similar. We were trying to set a target and he was painfully slow
7) His body language shows lack of intent. You can be positive even when defending. Look at how SN was leaving the ball. He want to it, got in line and then defended crisply or left it alone.
8) Look at how he dealt with Ross. I don't care how sensibly you are playing - an international batsmen should be able to hit Taylor's full-tosses. At least for a single.

5) Raqibul
Couldn't agree more, Raqibul lovers need to realize that we are not in the early 2000s when we had no options whatsoever, this is a new decade and now we have equally good replacements if not better in some positions.
Old October 11, 2010, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Couldn't agree more, Raqibul lovers need to realize that we are not in the early 2000s when we had no options whatsoever, this is a new decade and now we have equally good replacements if not better in some positions.
Exactly. Batsman hoicho run korba, eto shorom pawoner ki ache? Eishob Shormilla diye kono kaaj hobe na, bring on the bad boys. This isn't ful tokka.
Old October 11, 2010, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I want us to play exciting cricket, positive cricket. Guys like Rokibul make that difficult to do. Both Imrul and Rokibul in the same XI is too much for me. I'd like to get rid of both as time goes on. But Rocky needs to go now as there is someone better sitting out.
Old October 11, 2010, 02:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Why are so many people having menopause for Jahurul Islam? What exactly did he do to gain so much support for his inclusion high up in the order?

The only way I can see him in the team (based on his current performance) is if Musfiq loses his position in the team. I don't understand why would anyone see him as a replacement for raqib,junaeed or any top order batsmen for that matter.

If you really want to replace raqib/junaeed/mah-modon there are plenty other good options IMO.
Old October 11, 2010, 03:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Agree with RazabQ !
We dont need anyone to just play out the overs and block in an ODI, specially in the finish line!
Raqibul was definitely struggling and his approach did not go neither with the 3rd ODI nor in the 1st ODI condition. He lacked approach, intent and technique to find gaps even against part timers! Look how easily Shakib finished the game off, whereas Rakib could not even take signles against Ross! Now thats a pity.
Old October 11, 2010, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I am going to go against common opinion here, I feel rock is someone with enormous potential... I just hope that he can figure out his game soon. His scoring rate is unacceptable for our ODI team... he needs to get better at scoring singles.
Old October 11, 2010, 03:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
I am going to go against common opinion here, I feel rock is someone with enormous potential... I just hope that he can figure out his game soon. His scoring rate is unacceptable for our ODI team... he needs to get better at scoring singles.

i'm with u.
Rock isn't so cheap.
He was painful to watch today but doesn't really matter,it's not like we needed bonus points.Atleast he didn't give away his wicket like Junaed.
ya he is slow,but he just came back from injury,played 2 ODIs,we should let him continue before thinking of dropping him.
I remeber during the Aussi tour he was considered as our most reliable btsmn.
Old October 11, 2010, 03:49 PM
Test Cricketer

i remember during the India test last year, Raqibul looked clueless against Zaheer and co....he looked like a fish put of the water....whenever he comes to the crease, his nervousness makes the opponents charged up...his nervousness ability gives the opposition to change the course of game in their favor...technically sound my a$$...look at the the way Zunaid played with ease yesterday and look how difficult Raqibul made the life for him...he is too slow and clueless and needs to be replaced with Jahurul asap....The way Jahurul batted in the England series was a gem to watch....bottomline...No to Rock..yes to Jahurul
Old October 11, 2010, 04:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
totally agree with everything u said.
we have a nice set of players before world cup. lets not discard any one based on one or 2 match performances.

opener: tamim, kayes
middle order: junaed siddiqui
shahriar nafees
jahurul islam
rokibul
mahmudullah
shakib
naeem
mushfiq
suhrawadi shuvo

spinner: abdur razzaq
pacer: shafiul, rubel, mashrafe,nazmul

ps. outside of this zone, if something happens replacement/reserve should be from

1. shuvagoto hom
2. sabbir rahman
3. nazimuddin
4. anamul hauque

that means: ashraful's come back chance is fading up and definitely alok , aftab is out of any equation.

focus should be: finding atleast 4 ideal pacer, who can replace any injured pacer
U knw wat.. i actually believe dat bangladesh have a few gd pacers already. Dey jus need the right guidance and need to be taken away to a foreign country to practice in fast bowler friendly conditions eg england, australia, south africa etc.

My list for ideal world cup pace attack wuld be;

Mash! (inshallah he is fit and playin well b4 den)
Shafiul Islam
en even Nazrul Hossain.

These boys have control over their bowlin, en sumetimez even hav the ability to bowl in death overs. Inshallah im likin the shape this bdesh team now. Maturin day by day. I c dem as atleast contenders inshallah wiv becomin semi finalists for the first time.
Old October 11, 2010, 04:52 PM
BC Editorial Team

Please refrain from excessive use of txt speak in forum postings. BC frowns upon usage of wuz, dat, and other forms of twitter-speak.

-- Mod
Old October 11, 2010, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

To the people who keeps saying Nafees should be filling up the place of Roquibul well it's not going to happen. I think Z will get the cut since he is not getting any runs. Most likely Nafees will replacce him in 3 ....
Old October 11, 2010, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

We have a short memory don't we? Check the stats, neither Z nor IK can be replaced. Our weak-linka are number 4 and 7, i.e. Before Shakib and After Rahim.