facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 12, 2004, 05:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by brikonwall
Quote:
Originally posted by sangeet
Need fresh blood. Give a jolt in the batting line up.
Yes, some good current shock will wake them up if they r tough enough. Otherwise, be gone...

Old December 12, 2004, 06:05 AM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by brikonwall

I would call him Nafis....just a thought.
More food for thought: Nafees or Nafis >>
Old December 12, 2004, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
Congratulations to both Nasif and Rana for their maiden test half centuries.
Edited on, December 12, 2004, 11:15 AM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.
Old December 12, 2004, 06:37 AM

Let see how long Rana and Tapash stay on the pitch tomorrow.
Like to see some hit from Tapash at end.
Good luck Rana and Tapash.
Old December 12, 2004, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally posted by billah
Not only 50 for Rana, he just matched the top score for both innings combined among all BD batsmen. In this inning, he already scored twice as much as Javed, Bashar and Rajin combined. And to think, the selectors drop him all the time. Hashbo na kandbo bolen?
All of them suck. Scoring a mere 50 and making joy is really joking. It's of no help. At this stage scoring a duck or a 100 is the same.
Old December 12, 2004, 08:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Dude how do I rise in status? Street cricketer, first class, then what?
Old December 12, 2004, 08:37 AM
Cricket Legend

ranks

aosaif-pls see the link above.

Edited on, December 12, 2004, 1:38 PM GMT, by oracle.
Old December 12, 2004, 11:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Golla bye bye forever.
Mushfiq bye bye forever.
Since you are clearly part of the anti-Mushfiq brigade, why not also include Rajin bye bye forever !

What exactly has the shorty done except being Faruk's "chela"

Edited on, December 12, 2004, 4:04 PM GMT, by Imtiaz.
Old December 12, 2004, 12:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

drop rajin,mushfiq, and bring back naimur/aftab and shrif/talha.
Old December 12, 2004, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i thin dav er shomossha ase...he'll still pick mushfique because he did as well as the other bowlers in terms of the number of wickets taken.
Old December 12, 2004, 02:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash, Mash, Huss

In next Match the lineup should be (in batting order)

1. Nafis
2. Al Shahriar -- change
3. Bashar
4. Ashraful
5. Aftab -- change
6. Mashud
7. Rana
8. Rafique
9. Tapash
10. Sharif
11. Mashrafee --- change

Selectors wakeup!! Otherwise we will be humiliated all the time. Also, BCB start 3-4 days matches in domestic league ASAP. You few people represnt the 140 million people of BD, please think for the betterment.

WE WILL FIGHT & WIN.
Old December 12, 2004, 02:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash, Mash, Huss

oops !! correction change is Sharif not mashrafee
Old December 12, 2004, 03:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bangalee
oops !! correction change is Sharif not mashrafee
you're typo will probably come true.Daily Star announced today that Bd will rest Masri for the second test and bring back Talha. That means, probably Mushfiq will retain his place once more for no good reason.
Old December 12, 2004, 03:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bashar said in the press conference that he was not irresponsible. This is his natural game. He should understand that sometimes, playing unnatural and restraining from playing shots is the responsible thing. Specially, when he is the captain and the most senior batsman in the side.
Old December 12, 2004, 04:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sunniath
Bashar said in the press conference that he was not irresponsible. This is his natural game. He should understand that sometimes, playing unnatural and restraining from playing shots is the responsible thing. Specially, when he is the captain and the most senior batsman in the side.
well said.....very very well said
Old December 12, 2004, 04:44 PM
Test Cricketer

I'm sorry but I have to swear in this post, so for those of you who are feeling more sane than I am right now, I advise you to skip reading the following post:

No change to the team should be initiated! We are on the brink of forming a very good team. If only javed, bashar, and rajin click, we're back into it and the opposition will be sweating their pants off. Talha is not fit, aftab - i don't think it's justified to replace rajin just yet. If anyone can come back, these three can.

Obviously dav whatmore has to get bashar thinking right, because how zaheer khan scored 75 i have no idea who to blame but the captain. close-in fielding need loads of work.

This [edit] team needs to [edit] get out there and [edit] with the opposition. We cannot call for changes.....we have to stick with our team! The boys must the world that we are worth our status. Whatmore needs to get some zeal into our batsmen, a kind of fearless attitude that checks itself.

Mashrafee, Nafis, Ashraful and rana's performances were rather refreshing, as they are the future of this team. Does nafis field in the slips? If he's good then maybe he can take bashar's place at first slip.

Edited on, December 12, 2004, 11:57 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: strong words
Old December 12, 2004, 05:04 PM
Street Cricketer

I have read a lot of posts criticizing Tendulkar on this forum.....I am not a provocative person and respect every nation but the kind of provocative statements made on this forum has pissed me off....

You guys are comparing your 3rd grade batting lineup to the Likes of Tendulkar.... What a joke.. Here are some stats

If you add the total runs scored by all the individual players of ur so called Tigers (read paper tigers) all their life, that would not equal to the number of runs tendulkar has scored in his life

BD is playing only 33rd test this one..and Tendulkar ha 34 centuries to his name....

So please for god sake dont compare Your Nafis, Golla and all other 3rd grade batsmen to the likes of Tendulkar. He is far far superior than anyone u can even imagine....

And whoever is the Moderator for this site, if u are unbiased (as u wrongly claim) have the guts not to delete this post....... When the BD fans write all provocative things u let it go....so have the guts to be unbiased.......
Old December 12, 2004, 05:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Wow! interesting first post! welcome to the forum Maverick! I don't know what provocative posts you are talking about Tendulkar, but I find it hard to imagine that anyone would actually say given current performances any of the Tigers they are comparable to Mr. Tendulkar. But you must allow for some frustration here, since Tendulkar and indeed the Indian team rode on some poor Bangladesh fielding and some poor decisions (how atrocious was the bat-pad decision not given against Zahee- a big nick) and he goes on to hit 75!)...then of course the tigger happy Mr. Lloyds who gave Ash out LBW- he certainly doesn't believe in benefit of doubt for a bangladeshi batsman, compare that to the benefit of doubt Mr. Ganguli when a correct LBW decision was turned down.

And please don't come here and tell us how to do our jobs. We will moderate whenever we feel some one is out of line. We have clear cut rules. I suggest you read our forum rules carefuly. And I assure you your posts wonb't be moderated. Calm down, and be decent. What are you achieving by insulting us and calling us a third-grade teamTigers or paper Tigers? Isn't that provocation? Do you see anyone insulting India or the Indian team here? If any one of us feel here that nafis or someone in our team has the potential to be a Tendulkar in the future, how is that a provocative statement? No one is insulting Tendulkar rather praising our young guns.

I am requesting you to have a more civil tone in the future. Thank you and enjoy your stay.

Quote:
Originally posted by Maverick
I have read a lot of posts criticizing Tendulkar on this forum.....I am not a provocative person and respect every nation but the kind of provocative statements made on this forum has pissed me off....

You guys are comparing your 3rd grade batting lineup to the Likes of Tendulkar.... What a joke.. Here are some stats

If you add the total runs scored by all the individual players of ur so called Tigers (read paper tigers) all their life, that would not equal to the number of runs tendulkar has scored in his life

BD is playing only 33rd test this one..and Tendulkar ha 34 centuries to his name....

So please for god sake dont compare Your Nafis, Golla and all other 3rd grade batsmen to the likes of Tendulkar. He is far far superior than anyone u can even imagine....

And whoever is the Moderator for this site, if u are unbiased (as u wrongly claim) have the guts not to delete this post....... When the BD fans write all provocative things u let it go....so have the guts to be unbiased.......
Old December 12, 2004, 05:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
Wow! interesting first post! welcome to the forum Maverick! I don't know what provocative posts you are talking about Tendulkar, but I find it hard to imagine that anyone would actually say given current performances any of the Tigers they are comparable to Mr. Tendulkar. But you must allow for some frustration here, since Tendulkar and indeed the Indian team rode on some poor Bangladesh fielding and some poor decisions (how atrocious was the bat-pad decision not given against Zahee- a big nick) and he goes on to hit 75!)...then of course the tigger happy Mr. Lloyds who gave Ash out LBW- he certainly doesn't believe in benefit of doubt for a bangladeshi batsman, compare that to the benefit of doubt Mr. Ganguli when a correct LBW decision was turned down.

And please don't come here and tell us how to do our jobs. We will moderate whenever we feel some one is out of line. We have clear cut rules. I suggest you read our forum rules carefuly. And I assure you your posts wonb't be moderated. Calm down, and be decent. What are you achieving by insulting us and calling us a third-grade teamTigers or paper Tigers? Isn't that provocation? Do you see anyone insulting India or the Indian team here? If any one of us feel here that nafis or someone in our team has the potential to be a Tendulkar in the future, how is that a provocative statement? No one is insulting Tendulkar rather praising our young guns.

I am requesting you to have a more civil tone in the future. Thank you and enjoy your stay.

Quote:

thats one hell of an answer man, u rock ~~~
these guys are so immature, they take everything personally
Old December 12, 2004, 05:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

looks like MM will be dropped in the next test.. Well i think it was a tough dicision but a right one as we need him against ZIM and also they will include under 19 paces and talha for next game so we will have three fast bowler and hopefully two spinner that mean we will score more runs in the next test as most of the bowlers do the score so we now have five bowlers in the team and a keeper.... allright
Old December 12, 2004, 05:50 PM
Test Cricketer

this time run will get his 100 also taposh will get his 100

good luck both of you
Old December 12, 2004, 06:04 PM
Street Cricketer

TO POMPOUS

"But you must allow for some frustration here, since Tendulkar and indeed the Indian team rode on some poor Bangladesh fielding and some poor decisions (how atrocious was the bat-pad decision not given against Zahee- a big nick) and he goes on to hit 75!)..."

Well I thought ur just moderating from home but it seems ur standing there right near the Umpire and moderating this site......

The Umpires are best judge of who is out and who is not out... If everyone keeps whinning of the decisions then 30% of match results to date have to change.... so stop whinning and grow up.. Zaheer Khan hit 75 and give him true credit...
Old December 12, 2004, 06:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Yo MAVERICK:

Cool down buddy. Hehe, did u just find out that bd fans are just as passionate about cricket as indian fans are? Jeez bet youd like to see what pakis and aussies write about u guys, and boy would i like to see what u guys write about pakis, oh boy oh boy would i like to see that! Of course we're gonna have a few fans here who like bd too much. They're just dissing out of emotion, but really, you haven't seen all the bad stuff we've copped from indian fans coming to this site. I was pretty shocked since half my friends are from calcutta and they'd never say crap like that. But you know, its understandable in a way. In any way, I don't take it personally except when they diss my religion. I think u shouldn't judge the whole forum based on comments from a few ppl. Rather, just criticize those particular persons and leave the rest out of your tussle.

Quote:
TO POMPOUS

"But you must allow for some frustration here, since Tendulkar and indeed the Indian team rode on some poor Bangladesh fielding and some poor decisions (how atrocious was the bat-pad decision not given against Zahee- a big nick) and he goes on to hit 75!)..."

Well I thought ur just moderating from home but it seems ur standing there right near the Umpire and moderating this site......

The Umpires are best judge of who is out and who is not out... If everyone keeps whinning of the decisions then 30% of match results to date have to change.... so stop whinning and grow up.. Zaheer Khan hit 75 and give him true credit...
Old December 12, 2004, 07:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

The comment about umpiring is quite rich coming from you. I know you are from the ICF forum, and all you guys do there is whine about the umpiring, day in and day out. hah! You crack me up.

Quote:
TO POMPOUS

Old December 12, 2004, 07:50 PM
Street Cricketer

maverick, why are you being so immature and childish ?

try to make your point properly.

the tone and content in your posts surely wud cause intense resentment
that was perfectly avoidable