facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 31, 2008, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
hahahaha nice one!!! but that event was called the Asian Financial crisis; when the stock market of EVERY single Asian nation crashed or was that her fault too?
Dear hahahaha: Please check your history book about "Asian Financial Crisis". Due to the advent of wikipedia, you can be an expert too

Your time line is a bit messed up there. I'm sure that correct information will clear that right up. You can thank God that Hacheena was not responsible for the Asian Financial Crisis. That would have been a Titanic.

She was only responsible for looting the Bangladeshi investor and giving it to the Indians - as payment for winning the last election when she came to power. This time, the purchase price, is of course, much much higher. It's our national resources - Gas and oil.

Old December 31, 2008, 09:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
hahahaha nice one!!! but that event was called the Asian Financial crisis; when the stock market of EVERY single Asian nation crashed or was that her fault too?
are you jocking, right? if you don't know the looting of Dhaka stock market last time Al was in power, then i guess you know nothing about BD or you somehow are related to this looting.
Old December 31, 2008, 09:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
You must have forgotten Hacheena's looting of our stock market investment money last time she was in power.

Or, how her two cousins used to tell Biman to park the planes in two gates of the VIP terminal and wait, so they can get in the plane...

Or her, আমি চাই নাই, জনগনে এমনেই আমার নামে বন্গভবন লেইখ্যা দিছে....

I am not paranoid about India, actually I am pretty convinced by means of some sound information that any ideas about an all out aggression by India is a pipe dream. It would be the logistical nightmare of the worst kind for India. I am much more paranoid about Hacheena type looters. When you find out that even the military officials (loyal to her) sell information to the Indians for money, you would be concerned too, looking at this farcical drama they are calling an election.
You are probably mixing "gonovobon" with "bongovobon"!
Apnader ondho kup theke ber hoie ashun...........you will feel good!

sunshine for you again

"A paranoiac, like a poet, is born, not made."

Old December 31, 2008, 09:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Awami record has always been anti-democratic.
মহান মুক্তিযুদ্ধ চলাকালীন সময়ে এরা রাও ফরমান আলীর মতো কুকুরের সাথেও নির্বাচনে গেছে।

ক্ষমতার লোভে জামাতকে পুনর্বাসিত করেছে।

আর স্বৈরাচারী, লম্পট এরশাদের টাকা খেয়ে পুরো জাতির সাথে বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা করেছে।

বাকশাল বানিয়ে গনতণ্ত্রকে হত্যা করতে চেয়েছে।

আজ তিনি যদি রাষট্রপতি হতে চান, আগামীকাল ওই পদটি মহারানীর পদ বলে গণ্য হবে। রাজপুত্র তো তৈরীই আছেন,মদ্যপ অবস্থায় গাড়ী চালানোর অপরাধে যুক্তরাষ্ট্রে যার লাইসেন্স বাজেয়াপ্ত হয়েছিলো....
hahaha.....genius ......keep up your neurons functional!
I wonder which history book you wrote!!
Old December 31, 2008, 10:27 PM
Cricket Legend

I am happy AL has won. ATM they seem to be the better between them and BNP. But what annoys me is AL's blind pro-India stance. This is something that needs to change. India has looted us enough. It was annoying to see all the Indian reporters in the press conference asking about what BD will do to stop terror in India. And she kept on answering. She should've assured them once and if anyone asked again she should've said the security of India and Indians is the last thing on her mind. It was Bangladeshis who elected her and they want her to bring down prices which should be their prime focus. Furthermore there is no concrete proof at all that Bangladesh is responsible behind any attack in India.

Hasina as Prez? I heard the opposite. I heard she is going to be PM and Zillu will be the Prez. TBH I can't see how Zillu can be made either the man can hardly speak and can't walk.

On a lighter note, who saw the press conference? It was hilarious! She wasn't understanding anything any of the reporters were saying and at one point Asad Nur came up to help her. And the best bit was after a Chinese reporter asked her a question she started saying everything that came in her mind, most of which wasn't even related to the question and then at the end she looked to her right and said: ''Ki? Thik Koisi Na?'' And the mike picked it up.

Last edited by bdchamp20; December 31, 2008 at 10:36 PM..
Old December 31, 2008, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck
You are probably mixing "gonovobon" with "bongovobon"!
Apnader ondho kup theke ber hoie ashun...........you will feel good!

sunshine for you again

"A paranoiac, like a poet, is born, not made."

I am not calling YOU any names. No matter how many names YOU call me.
Old December 31, 2008, 10:54 PM
Cricket Savant

I smell beef.

[Exeunt Gopal to kitchen]

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 31, 2008, 11:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Dear hahahaha: Please check your history book about "Asian Financial Crisis". Due to the advent of wikipedia, you can be an expert too

Your time line is a bit messed up there. I'm sure that correct information will clear that right up. You can thank God that Hacheena was not responsible for the Asian Financial Crisis. That would have been a Titanic.

She was only responsible for looting the Bangladeshi investor and giving it to the Indians - as payment for winning the last election when she came to power. This time, the purchase price, is of course, much much higher. It's our national resources - Gas and oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
are you jocking, right? if you don't know the looting of Dhaka stock market last time Al was in power, then i guess you know nothing about BD or you somehow are related to this looting.
The Stock Exchange crash in 1996 (yeah I know it was 1 year before Asian crisis) when the international institutional investors pulled out first due to the crazy valuation of our companies. Just because it happened during AL's rule, you are going to blame it her? So by your definition Bush is the world biggest thief! Since the NYSE lost 10 Trillion dollars in value during his administration.
Old December 31, 2008, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
On a lighter note, who saw the press conference? It was hilarious! She wasn't understanding anything any of the reporters were saying and at one point Asad Nur came up to help her. And the best bit was after a Chinese reporter asked her a question she started saying everything that came in her mind, most of which wasn't even related to the question and then at the end she looked to her right and said: ''Ki? Thik Koisi Na?'' And the mike picked it up.
That was the funniest thing. At one point a young reporter had the mic and he asked a question, midway of his question 3-4 other reports grabbed the mic from his behind and didn't let him finish the question. Then One of the guy was then trying to get a last minute question through by shouting nonsense.
Old December 31, 2008, 11:14 PM
Banned

Save the country
Save the people
Save the religion
Vote for BNP/JI

Old December 31, 2008, 11:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
The Stock Exchange crash in 1996 (yeah I know it was 1 year before Asian crisis) when the international institutional investors pulled out first due to the crazy valuation of our companies. Just because it happened during AL's rule, you are going to blame it her? So by your definition Bush is the world biggest thief! Since the NYSE lost 10 Trillion dollars in value during his administration.
.....point blank........
Old January 1, 2009, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Do we know for sure that was not a sneeze?
Old January 1, 2009, 01:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Wow ! did you come up with that all on your own? Where have you been the last whole year? You must be the answer to the prayers of all of the Wall street players. Please, save our stock exchange....

Meanwhile, back on earth, everyone that had lost their savings during the BAL party rule, are very much aware of the swindle. About a week before the major crash, I was warned by my Indian (marwari) businessman friend. In Calcutta, he tells me to pull out as soon as I get home, regardless of how good it was going. "It's all planned, all a trap, you are my friend, please promise me, you will sell as soon as you reach Dhaka".

Then again, what do I know, specially compared to the "economists" like yourself.....
Old January 1, 2009, 04:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Hasina made the same drama scene last time she lost back in 2001. But agreed that she is lesser of the two evil. On a corruption scale she ranks way behind Khaleda. But still she is extremely incompetent as proven billion times over.

It takes a very good leader to turn this country around. Hasina is still far from that. I dont buy into that crap that there was no other alternative than this. In a country of 140+ million we can find a damn leader to break the continous political dynasty is a pathetic excuse.

Poverty will remain. Corruption while a bit minimised will still exist and population will soar and quality of life will continue to deteriorate.

But US, EU and rest of the world is now happy. They will stop whinging and more aid money will flow. People fail to realise that money is not the solution to all problems.
Old January 1, 2009, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Voter turnout has been unrealistically high.

Voter turnout high, results beyond imagination, says CEC
http://www.newagebd.com/2009/jan/02/front.html#7

Quote:
The overall voter turnout was counted as 86.29 per cent in the country, Shamsul said. ‘More than 90 per cent of votes were cast in 74 electoral constituencies, 85 to 90 per cent in 122 constituencies, 80 to 85 per cent in 69 constituencies, 75 to 80 per cent in 29 constituencies and below 70 per cent in 5 constituencies.
Compared with the number of previous election, these numbers don't make sense... Turnout in 1991 was around 50%, in 1996 75% and in 2001 75%. It is widely believed that 1991 was a fair election and there was some level of voter manipulation in 1996 and 2001. So the 87% turnout number does not fit the trend.

Last edited by cricket_pagol; January 1, 2009 at 07:04 PM..
Old January 1, 2009, 05:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Well if you starve the people from democracy for 7 years then it isn't surprising that people will come in their numbers to get it back.
Old January 1, 2009, 05:34 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
Well if you starve the people from democracy for 7 years then it isn't surprising that people will come in their numbers to get it back.
According to your logic, the voter turnout should have been highest in 1991 election. People were starving for democracy for 9 years!!

The figure shows the opposite.
Old January 1, 2009, 05:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
According to your logic, the voter turnout should have been highest in 1991 election. People were starving for democracy for 9 years!!

The figure shows the opposite.
True. But this time the largest demographic was the young first-time voters who made up around 35% of the voter's list and this group is percieved to be more passionate about the country than others and want their voices to be heard. Plus there is always that excitement when you are finally old enough to vote. This might be a factor in the high turnout.

And if you are alleging of a conspiracy then that's different. But I can't see how, this election was the most internationally observed election in our history. If you ask anyone in the street they will agree that this election was relatively hassle-free unless they are BNP dalals of course. But now even BNP has admitted defeat. And I applaud them for doing it in a peaceful manner. But if you think it is an International conspiracy to make AL win then I can't comment as I don't know what happens on the inside.

Last edited by bdchamp20; January 1, 2009 at 05:59 PM..
Old January 1, 2009, 06:54 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

bdchamp20, I was simply showing the ineptness of your logic.

There was no need to speculate on my stance about this election.
Old January 1, 2009, 07:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
bdchamp20, I was simply showing the ineptness of your logic.

There was no need to speculate on my stance about this election.
I wasn't speculating on who you support Miraz bhai. The 'BNP dalal' part was not reffering to you. I am sorry if I have offended you. That was truly not my intention. I accept that my logic is faulty as 1991 and 2008 are similar but one has a very high turnout while the other does not. I gave a possible explanation for that which may or may not be true.
Old January 2, 2009, 08:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

The voter turnout was high, but not unexpected.

One thing the CG has done is to ensure a great atmosphere which encouraged scores of voters to come in the voting polls and cast their vote. There was no issue of violence, intimidation ( in general) and hassle at and around voting booths and voters, millions like me, were actually looking forward to cast their vote and they did.

I hanged around my voting centre for a while even after casting my vote, talking to many local people. It was a good opportunity to meet people from the neighbourhood who u usually dont get to see everyday. The atmosphere was festive and the last thing people had in mind was trouble and violence, unlike other times, when those issues were the prime factors in voter turnout.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 2, 2009, 10:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
there are very grave and serious implications if sheikh hasina does become president.

All appointments of the supreme court, army, etc would be by her pen. I have a very bad feeling about this. This could mean the complete politicisation of the judiciary and army come true. The level of sycophancy, and the personality cults that could be present is the worst possible outcome that our democracy can produce. Totalitarianism in the 21st century would literally be a pen's stroke away!
আচ্ছা। কোন লিঙ্ক দিতে পারবেন নাকি? আগামী তত্ত্বাবধায়ক সরকারের সময় প্রেসিডেন্ট থাকা অবস্থায় যাতে ছড়ি ঘোরাতে পারে। জিল্লু পিএম হলেও অসুবিধা নাই। সে জ্বী হুজুর টাইপের হবে আর কি।
Old January 2, 2009, 10:48 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

lol the way khaleda cries it is so funny
Old January 2, 2009, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Congratulations to Bangladesh for successfully holding an election of such mammoth proprotions. CT and EC certainly deserves big kudos.

Congratulations to AL and Sheikh Hasina Wajed on her party's landslide victory. I hope she stays level-headed in her win and Khaledia Zia stays gracious in her defeat. They will swap chairs in 4-5 years time anyways.

Also, a small correction to the popular perception that AL's win is the most desired outcome by India. I held that notion until my India trip a couple of years back. I had a rare chance to interact with some top executives in strategic and political echeleons and to my surprise their general comment on this subject was quite an enlightenment. It seems the military, the strategic and also the political circle except for the top-level (as in PM's office) prefer Khaleda Zia led government in BD more than AL. That is because, in their words, with Khaledia Zia at the helm, shoving the stick up the miscreants from the BD side (including the BDRs and many in the BD military establishments who harbour anti-India feelings) is much easier during her rule than during ALs regime. Because of the percieved India-friendliness of AL, any strategic or Danda-push is often met with a direct veto from the PM's office. Also, misadventurism from the BD side is at the lowest during Khaleda's regime (surprising, but true).

The General notion is, BDR's adventurism is at its peak during the AL regime for 2 reasons:
1. The top-brass in BD strategic circle realise the political compulsion of Sheikh Hasina wherein any effort to curb those misadventurism may be percieved as India-friendly or India-pampering instance and backfire politically and
2. The top-brass in BD strategic circles also realise that retaliation by the Indian side will either be sabotaged/vetoed or be reduced to damage control to make sure the issues don't boil over and adversely impact AL regime.

No one in the top echeleons really has any explanation as to why AL is percieved India-friendly - it is not. At best, it is minority -friendly for it's own countrymen. At worst, it doesn't encourage many leftovers from pre-1971 ideology to indulge in misadventurism. In fact, the modern thinking is, BNP is best for India government - it offers very little headache in terms of decision-making and response and is more malleable and willing to work out or negotiate on contentious issues.

Not trying to convince anyone of anything - this is all one sided. But a different perspective than the one toed so often never harms.

As for gas imports and such, I don't think not having import from BD has affected India negatively. In all hoensty, most discussions and head-breaking on this subject happened in BD. Not many in India were very enthusiatic about it or even discuss it anymore.
Old January 2, 2009, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Now lets see who becomes the Ministers. This is very important for the new government and it will be a sign of intention of the AL government. Want mix of experience and youth in ministers panel. Most important thing is, only efficient ppl should be allowed for the post, not by name n fame.