facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 17, 2013, 05:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
By reading this thread and looking at the scorecard and most importantly reading the Facebook status of the players it was very clear our batsmen got robbed from a certain victory. 5 batsmen were given out who were not out!

This result don't count. Shameful acts by West Indian umpires. Worse yet, some fans are proud to be winner that way. Pity they can't win without the help from their own umpires.
Sorry!!..but you're sounding like sore losers here!! . I watched the match live online and not one decision could be classed as a "robbery", Ray Jordan's two wickets came off of the Tiger batsmen being scared of his pace and edging down the legside. One or two argued about the decision but a noise was heard so the umpire went with his gut feeling.

The coleman decision was pure cheating by the Tiger wicket-keeper so how they can turn around and start moaning about decisions is beyond me!!..and if our umpires wanted to "cheat" i'm sure they would have done it BEFORE we managed to lose three in a row!! .

Old October 17, 2013, 05:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Well 3 years ago BD whitewashed WI in WI in Test and ODI. Last time BD drew one and lost one in a closely contested Test. So the gap is not much at all. We failed to make good spinning tracks otherwise we could have beat WI in that series too. Our spinners are definitely better than WI and that's a fact. In ODI, WI sits right above BD and in fact BD was above WI for a short time as well...

With right kind of pitch and good team selection coupled with good gameplan BD can and will best WI regardless where they play, considering BD don't get robbed by the umpires.....
The team BD "beat" wasn't even our THIRD string side!!..it was just a bunch of caribbean cricketers put together at the last minute because our main players were on STRIKE!!..even a 16 year old Kraigg Brathwaite was in the test squad!! . So that series isn't valid at all.

The bottom line is when we visited Bangledash last year we won the test series 2-0!!..and the second game wasn't even close.
Old October 17, 2013, 05:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
your logic is flawed because if this applies to your team then it also applies to the BD team.

oh and mosaddek and jashimuddin are the only 2 in the BD team that have played any form of list A or FC cricket. the fact of the matter is despite this BD team not having many stellar prospects it's still beating your team that is supposedly half stacked with tremendous prospects yet BD are leading the series 3-2. i don't care what excuses you come up with if WI was that good they wouldn't be losing the series and obviously the level between WI and BD has closed because a not so great BD u19 team is outperforming a supposedly quite decent WI u19 team.

and as you can see when this BD u19 team loses we aren't coming up with excuses saying the team is great one minute horrible the next and they didn't play the strongest XI and conditions didn't suit etc all those factors are part of cricket, if you don't like the variables then don't follow the game.
I don't think you comprehended my post properly!! . How can a gap be "closing" on the evidence of an u19 series? the bottom line is our academy, A-team and senior team have won series against BD over the last 18 months or so!!..that goes from young to experienced players!!..at u19 level results are always up and down!!..our last bunch beat Australia four times in a row including once in their own backyard, they beat India who went on to win the cup and they beat Sri-lanka, BD and Pakistan!!..so what? that doesn't mean that crop will automatically become world beaters does it?

And let me say it again THIS BUNCH IS NOT THE BEST U19 TEAM WE COULD HAVE PUT OUT!!..the dumb selectors have just picked players from the Jamaican u19 team instead of picking class acts like Aaron Jones from Barbados and Brian Christmas from Trinidad amoungst others!!..and i'm lead to believe that will be sorted out once this series is over.

The coaches have also been experimenting with the team while BD have had a settled side who just recent played in england while our kids done nothing!!..all these things must be taken into account if you're a fair minded individual.

I look at this u19 BD team and it just looks like the senior side!!..a few good batters and a few good spinners BUT NO DECENT PACERS!!..meanwhile we've got threee good batters, a good keeper, three good pacers and one decent spinner!!..even if they aren't winning as a team it doesn't mean these kids won't go on to be stars in the future.

And btw the series isn't over yet either so if they do win it what will you say then? .
Old October 17, 2013, 06:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
I don't think you comprehended my post properly!! . How can a gap be "closing" on the evidence of an u19 series? the bottom line is our academy, A-team and senior team have won series against BD over the last 18 months or so!!..that goes from young to experienced players!!..at u19 level results are always up and down!!..our last bunch beat Australia four times in a row including once in their own backyard, they beat India who went on to win the cup and they beat Sri-lanka, BD and Pakistan!!..so what? that doesn't mean that crop will automatically become world beaters does it?

And let me say it again THIS BUNCH IS NOT THE BEST U19 TEAM WE COULD HAVE PUT OUT!!..the dumb selectors have just picked players from the Jamaican u19 team instead of picking class acts like Aaron Jones from Barbados and Brian Christmas from Trinidad amoungst others!!..and i'm lead to believe that will be sorted out once this series is over.

The coaches have also been experimenting with the team while BD have had a settled side who just recent played in england while our kids done nothing!!..all these things must be taken into account if you're a fair minded individual.

I look at this u19 BD team and it just looks like the senior side!!..a few good batters and a few good spinners BUT NO DECENT PACERS!!..meanwhile we've got threee good batters, a good keeper, three good pacers and one decent spinner!!..even if they aren't winning as a team it doesn't mean these kids won't go on to be stars in the future.

And btw the series isn't over yet either so if they do win it what will you say then? .
Haha you think you're fair minded. If you win the series then it's fine, great for your u19 team.
Old October 17, 2013, 06:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Good to see smile back on WindieFan's face. Do enjoy your time till we win the series
Old October 17, 2013, 06:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

WIndies bro,

has the government announced a week long holiday to celebrate this win?
Old October 17, 2013, 07:36 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Sorry!!..but you're sounding like sore losers here!!
if anybody is a sore loser its you, you have been coming with bogus excuses for every loss since WI toured BD last year
Old October 17, 2013, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

I really don't mind losing d 5th game. why? because -
* After 3 consecutive thrashings - the young guys may be took it too easy
* The HUGE margin in each of those matches left them offguard in this one
* In dis mtch too, windies scored only 177. reminds me of dat 1996 world cup mtch whr weak Kenya beat star-studded windies. such things r nt rare in cricket
* dis team is only learning to tackle different situations. dis may b takn as another lesson
* aftr all those massive defeats, 2 onfield judges joined their playing 11 to tame young tigers. the result is despite scoring a paltry 177, d windies came out winners by n otherwise UNBELEIVABLE 67 run margin.
* just look at d age-gap
- In d windies side, 13 are past 18 yrs of age, 3 past 17 & 2 past 16
- In d BD side, only 2 are past 18 yrs of age, 6 players past 17, 2 past 16, 3 past 15 & one is as young as 14 yrs of age.
- average age for d windies is almost 18yrs. for bd, it is only little over 16 yrs. thus, it may be said that it is practically our under-17 side.
Old October 17, 2013, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Why are people letting themselves get wound up so tight by this WindieFan troll?
Old October 17, 2013, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

GAYLE LOOKED, SORRY
GAYLE LOOKED PALE, oh! GAYLE
NARINE WAS PUNISHED
CRUSHED LIKE TANGERINE, oh! NARINE
POLLARD SPOKE LOT
BUT GOT SMACKED HARD, oh! POLLARD
RUSSEL GOT BEATEN
SENT HALF WAY TO HELL, oh! RUSSEL
Old October 17, 2013, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Why are people letting themselves get wound up so tight by this WindieFan troll?
I hv got some feeling dat he has some indian connection
Old October 17, 2013, 04:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
GAYLE LOOKED, SORRY
GAYLE LOOKED PALE, oh! GAYLE
NARINE WAS PUNISHED
CRUSHED LIKE TANGERINE, oh! NARINE
POLLARD SPOKE LOT
BUT GOT SMACKED HARD, oh! POLLARD
RUSSEL GOT BEATEN
SENT HALF WAY TO HELL, oh! RUSSEL
I actually have no idea what you're saying.
Old October 17, 2013, 05:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
I really don't mind losing d 5th game. why? because -
* After 3 consecutive thrashings - the young guys may be took it too easy
Maybe..just like our team did when you won the first game by a big margine and then started rotating the best players?

Quote:
* The HUGE margin in each of those matches left them offguard in this one
Really? i would have thought they'd have extra motivation considering they could have won the series?

Quote:
* In dis mtch too, windies scored only 177. reminds me of dat 1996 world cup mtch whr weak Kenya beat star-studded windies. such things r nt rare in cricket
Yeah some things are "rare"!!..like when we embarrassed BD at the last world cup on your own turf!!

Quote:
* dis team is only learning to tackle different situations. dis may b takn as another lesson
What "lesson" could they learn? in the two games we've won so easily your batsmen haven't be able to deal with our pacers!!..
Quote:
* aftr all those massive defeats, 2 onfield judges joined their playing 11 to tame young tigers. the result is despite scoring a paltry 177, d windies came out winners by n otherwise UNBELEIVABLE 67 run margin.
LOL i just love the excuses!!..but what about your wicket-keeper who cheated? no comment about him?

Quote:
* just look at d age-gap
- In d windies side, 13 are past 18 yrs of age, 3 past 17 & 2 past 16
- In d BD side, only 2 are past 18 yrs of age, 6 players past 17, 2 past 16, 3 past 15 & one is as young as 14 yrs of age.
- average age for d windies is almost 18yrs. for bd, it is only little over 16 yrs. thus, it may be said that it is practically our under-17 side.
Under 19 level is under 19 level!!.these boys are making their debuts at this level while BD already played a tri nations series in England!!..i'd also add this won't be the squad that goes to dubai for the world cup next year as changes will be made.
Old October 17, 2013, 07:17 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
LOL i just love the excuses!!..but what about your wicket-keeper who cheated? no comment about him?
look who is talking..the king of bogus excuses himself, what proof you have about the wicket keeper cheating?, give proof or stop spreading rumors
Old October 17, 2013, 09:08 PM
BC Editorial Team

As mod:
Guys this is rapidly going downhill. I recommend we cease and desist or else I'll temporarily close the thread. WindieFan, I suggest you also tone down the excitement as well.

As myself:
Seriously guys, have you not hung out with Caribbean fans? They will talk non-stop smack and bait both opponents and their own players all day. I can totally see WindieFan watching Shillingford bowling and screaming "dat boy peltin"!
Old October 17, 2013, 10:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Oh look!!..it's the same tedious line some throw out when they can't debate the points at hand!!..how original .

My tiger friends know i'm no "troll" around here!!..full stop.

EDIT: Sorry Raza i didn't see your comments.
Old October 17, 2013, 10:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
look who is talking..the king of bogus excuses himself, what proof you have about the wicket keeper cheating?, give proof or stop spreading rumors
The commentators saw the video and made a comment about it during the game. But even if you disagree what about the BD players claiming the umpire "cheated them?" where's the evidence with that too?
Old October 17, 2013, 10:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ

As myself:
Seriously guys, have you not hung out with Caribbean fans? They will talk non-stop smack and bait both opponents and their own players all day. I can totally see WindieFan watching Shillingford bowling and screaming "dat boy peltin"!
LOL so true!!..Shilly gets dissed everytime we play a test these days!!..Sammy gets MAJOR stick and today people are cussing Chanderpaul while comparing him to Mishba!! ...you couldn't make it up.
Old October 17, 2013, 11:12 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
My tiger friends know i'm no "troll" around here!!..full stop.

EDIT: Sorry Raza i didn't see your comments.
It's RazaB, and I was also posting as a moderator. Simmer down for a bit. You aren't liming with a bunch of Trinis here.
Old October 17, 2013, 11:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
As mod:
Guys this is rapidly going downhill. I recommend we cease and desist or else I'll temporarily close the thread. WindieFan, I suggest you also tone down the excitement as well.

As myself:
Ya the Caribbean fans talk a lot of smack and have a lot of passion for the game. I had to hear about it while I was in Jamaica during the WC and the infamous 58 a.o. Happened a week before I went there. It was all in good spirits though and a lot of them are well wishers of BD cricket.
Old October 18, 2013, 08:02 AM
Test Cricketer

I don't think only WI fans talk non-stop smacks.
We BD fans also feed such trolls!
Old October 19, 2013, 06:12 AM
Cricket Guru

So, when is the next game ? Today or tomorrow ?
Old October 19, 2013, 06:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
So, when is the next game ? Today or tomorrow ?
Today and it's a day match starts at 9 am local time.
Old October 19, 2013, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Just over an hour from now.
Old October 19, 2013, 06:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Actually its tomorrow for me since the match starts 12:00 am