facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old March 11, 2012, 10:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Mods, whenever I'm trying to report a particular post in Everything Shakib thread, for some reason it's always taking me to Alamin thread and another post is getting reported !! What's the problem? I'm using android phone BTW.

Old March 11, 2012, 11:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Mods, whenever I'm trying to report a particular post in Everything Shakib thread, for some reason it's always taking me to Alamin thread and another post is getting reported !! What's the problem? I'm using android phone BTW.
Are you using the new mobile theme? I believe there might be a bug there. I had the same issue. Apologies while we unearth the cause but thanks for being proactive. Perhaps you can switch to pc mode and then report next time.
Old March 12, 2012, 12:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Mods, may I request that an easy to find link to to chat is posted on the main body of the form as a link, somewhere prominent. If there is such a link and I missed it, please point me in the right direction. thanks.
Old March 12, 2012, 12:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Mods, may I request that an easy to find link to to chat is posted on the main body of the form as a link, somewhere prominent. If there is such a link and I missed it, please point me in the right direction. thanks.
Scroll up. Have you checked the top menu of the BC site?

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | News | Multimedia | Tools | History | Tourism
Old March 12, 2012, 12:35 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quotes need to have that little "clicks" that takes you to the original posts so we don't have to look for it. (I thought we already had that? What happened to it?)
Old March 12, 2012, 01:25 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Didn't want to report Nadim's post but posting here.. I think the embedded video is really disruptive. No offense to Nadim's hard work.
noted dada. next time ar dimu na. ekta muchki hashi den ekhon
Old March 12, 2012, 10:21 PM
Cricket Sage

I think some of Dillu's work should go under the BC picture tab. May be we can have a wallpaper album, and put some kind of BC trademark symbol on his work since he is uploading them here for us to use. For example the Dravid ones are really good and I can see outsiders easily stealing them from here, which is fine but I think him/BC should label them so that people can't claim it as their own. I'm sure this will encourage more people to upload/submit their work to BC
Old March 13, 2012, 02:20 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Appreciate that. But I don't mind really. You can't do anything against the internet thieves. No watermarks can stop them. I've seen gettyimages get robbed. (I need to learn how they do it for my wallpapers ) And I've seen many others that are wayyyy wayyy better than me, so they won't steal my work yet. I'm barely starting out. May be once I get more serious and more proficient.
Old March 14, 2012, 09:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Can we please have separate threads for one particular match in this order .

Pre match discussion , Match thread , post match discussion . I am tired of seeing a thousand threads pop up before and after a match.
Old March 16, 2012, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Can the admin/mods please make a roaring Tiger emoticon for those passionate moments please. :tiger:
Old March 16, 2012, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Please have the chat session from today available to members when you have a chance. Thanks.
Old March 16, 2012, 11:36 AM

Bc down big time
Old March 16, 2012, 12:12 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

^^^ how did you post this?
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old March 17, 2012, 10:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Can an 'old thread' seal be added to the following thread due to ambiguity of 'Tamim' (for a second was all happy to see name of Chinaman the first )

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ead.php?t=5344
Old March 17, 2012, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Several issues here.

First - digging up old posts of no current relevance is a violation of form rules (no not you)
Second - there is only one chinaman. The other mim kid is just an impersonator.
Old March 31, 2012, 03:58 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Are we going to have a BPL styled IPL fantasy league ??

Not sure how many would be willing to participate though.
Also, tough task managing the whole thing.
Just a thought.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 31, 2012, 04:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

MoC bhai please do it
Old March 31, 2012, 03:23 PM

No MOc bhai, do't do it. too much work.
Old March 31, 2012, 06:00 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

For IPL fantasy league we can use this site. BPL was one of because no one else was doing it.

http://www.cricketweb.net/fantasycricket/
Old April 4, 2012, 12:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Okay y'all really need to stop dumping everything in the respective players' thread. I hardly browse main forum nowadays as I neither recall where I left off earlier nor I have the slightest interest to browse through ajaira pechals or small talks or even worse, lolz, khekz or even lame jokes, to find the main dish. It's frustrating.

I know someone must've imprinted in that puny brain of yours and programmed and brainwashed you about so called "virtues" and "honor" in restraining thread openings. But ffs, it's not 2003 anymore. If a new news deserve a new thread, post it. MTFU. Don't be a sissy and we shall all contribute discussions there. TOPIC !=Tamim Iqbal for instance. But the news may be Tamim joins Pune.

Strictly as a frustrated member.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 4, 2012, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
'Official' threads. Harrumph. I, as a lay member, have an intense dislike for these so-called official threads. Absolutely a bar to have topic based discussion in a discussion forum if one lumps the kitchen sink and commode into the same pile. An interesting bit about a player is quickly buried by umpteen dross posts.

As myself.
Echoing what Zeeshan echoed.
Old April 4, 2012, 07:09 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Too many kiddy posts. Way too many "oh yes" "oh ok "oh I agree/disagree" posts, and no thoughtful inputs. Stop posting for the sake of posting.
Old April 6, 2012, 02:34 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

I saw a sub forum in PP its called "The Match Referee's Room"
the description of this forum reads "Anything you post in this forum can only be seen by the PP Team. This forum is for questions about PP Policy and bannings."..i.e threads in this sub forum can only be seen by admins and mods

This is actually not a bad idea. Mods are humans too and they are not over judgment, Sometimes on a heat of argument personal dislikes can hamper ones judgment..and sometimes may be one member after doing something wrong is banned on one persons decision and other mods doesn't see this(i dont know how the process works so i am just assuming)..so having a sub forum open to admins and mods, all of them can discuss a members fate, or a important decision for the forum

i wanted to share this because when a regular member of BC is gone its only BC who is losing
Old April 6, 2012, 03:06 AM
Administrator

You are assuming we do not have anything like this. As we have said many times, decisions to ban someone permanently is done after extreme deliberations. The mods are like a community and they DO things by means of consensus that conforms to the BanglaCricket community standards. Even temporary bans are adjusted, upwards or downwards as decided by the COMMUNITY. There are many checks and balances in place to ensure that no power is abused and that no decision is made through one's personal biases. There is a very well-defined and working workflow that goes behind how the board is run.

That is why we urge people to use the report button - which is then viewed by ALL mods and actions are also taken in full view of ALL mods. If you do have am issue with moderation, bring it to the attention of one of the mods, who WILL bring it in front of the mod community.

But do note one thing - there are certain standards you all agreed to abide by when you signed up here. While we are always looking to err on the side of the member (people do make mistakes and people can learn from mistakes), there are instances when that is just not viable. No "regular" member is made to leave on the say so of ONE mod. He/she must have done something really heinous to merit such drastic repercussions.

This is only a virtual forum. That member has a life outside this forum and has friends and acquaintances outside this forum. That is why we are so very reticent as to why a certain member was banned for good. Why shame someone unnecessarily? There have been occasions when even a permanent ban has been rescinded.

We have said many times what usually merits a permanent bans. Let me list some of them:
  • Extreme prejudice like blatant racism, religious bigotry, national hate, gender bigotry, homophobia and other similar forms of extreme bigotry
  • Repeatedly engaging in blatant and vile personal attacks
  • Repeated use of obscenity and profanity
  • Repeated violations of forum rules after multiple warnings
  • Spam, spam, and more spam
  • Preferring emacs over vi

Just in case the humor gene is missing with someone, the last one is a joke.

You will be surprised to see so many of us are racists and bigots. It's shameful the way we play accuse others of the same. We are no better. For item 1, there is no 2 or 3 or 4 strike rule.
Old April 6, 2012, 07:46 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Nice to know that..i was just saddened by a certain member's ban so when i saw that in PP i thought may be this would help..anyway thanks for that knowledgeable reply