facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 12, 2006, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Aftab Ahmed's habit of sprinting out of the blocks and then running out of steam is becoming terribly predictable and today he sparkled with three boundaries in the space of eight balls before edging to point.

- Well said Cricinfo.

Old August 12, 2006, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend

farhad continues to impress us with his consistency

Watched Ashraful we always wanted to see, but he'll probably go bak to hibernation (I dont want to be the stupid one getting my hopes up for Ashraful).

Good victory in the end, almost made no impact among the people back here in Dhaka.
Old August 12, 2006, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Sovik bhai can u com to msn nw?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old August 12, 2006, 10:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

lets hope ash could score few more runs in this series
Old August 12, 2006, 10:59 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Ashraful's today's performance has two sides to it:

1) When we have players like Ashraful and Aftab in our side, why do we have to scream for scores over 300?

2) Ashraful should have played like this in the last Kenya series at home, to be more specific and the recent days, if Ashraful could bat like this in Zimbabwe, then it would not have been any problem for us to win the Zimbabwe series, but he didn't.

As many have said before in this thread, lets just hope that Ashraful doesn't go into his hibernation right after today's match.

About the match - I thought we were in great trouble after the 3rd wicket gone (Rajin went out), with Ashraful not performing against any team of Kenya-Zimbabwe earlier, the match was purely on the hands of Mashud & company in the lower order and the newcomers - Saquib-Reza. I just hope that we don't have to fall into that kind of a situation again, we really should have won the match by 8 to 9 wickets.
Old August 12, 2006, 11:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

ash 3 fifty in a row.........
Old August 12, 2006, 11:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

Ash is such a talented batsman...if he can only learn to use his head....he can become the best batsman of his generation.
Old August 12, 2006, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
lets hope ash could score few more runs in this series
His ODI average jumped by 1 (20+ from 19+). From an average of 20 after 70 odd matches, it is very difficult to increase. He should know it very well and pick up one or two very big score in the remaining two.
Old August 12, 2006, 11:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

oh i was away to a party.... but always checking the score...
back now..and couldnt be happy for our win..
great goin boys...go Ashdafooll.....plz prover ourselves wrong..
and keep this pace on...

once again... get a 3-0 against the kenyans boys...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 12, 2006, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Hope BD will keep this form. Ashraful is surely going to sleep for some while.
Old August 12, 2006, 01:45 PM
Club Cricketer

highlights anyone?
Old August 12, 2006, 02:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

ashraful rode his luck. His innings was made up of rash shots that is a trademark of the worst batsmen and extravagant shots that only the best players could pull off. I personally was not impressed because he could have gotten out any moment. Farhad reza and sakib on the other hand were more impressive and played more compact knocks. Ashraful still has a long way to go if he has to be consistent otherwise he will have to retire with an average of 20 in ODI which would mean he would be the world's biggest underachiever taking into consideration his ability. I hope he plays better for the sake of Bangladesh and for him. I awould also like to see the selectors persist with sakib even after bashar comes back. Maybe they can drop rajin and make aftab open with nafees to accomodate sakib.
Old August 12, 2006, 03:05 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
ashraful rode his luck. His innings was made up of rash shots that is a trademark of the worst batsmen and extravagant shots that only the best players could pull off. I personally was not impressed because he could have gotten out any moment. Farhad reza and sakib on the other hand were more impressive and played more compact knocks. Ashraful still has a long way to go if he has to be consistent otherwise he will have to retire with an average of 20 in ODI which would mean he would be the world's biggest underachiever taking into consideration his ability. I hope he plays better for the sake of Bangladesh and for him. I awould also like to see the selectors persist with sakib even after bashar comes back. Maybe they can drop rajin and make aftab open with nafees to accomodate sakib.
Could not agree with you. None of the commentators said those strokes rash at all (failed to watch live, was following audio). Everyone was praising his efforts. Man!! he is not doing well recently but when he performs, applaud that.
Old August 12, 2006, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Could not agree with you. None of the commentators said those strokes rash at all (failed to watch live, was following audio). Everyone was praising his efforts. Man!! he is not doing well recently but when he performs, applaud that.
Miraz bhai I am a very big fan of ashraful and this why I dont want him to waste his abilities like now. I watched the match live. You can ask any sane cricket enthusiast about his innings. His innings had a lot of shots which were very very risky. He once barely cleared the point fielder when he tried to loft early in the innings. He also egded a flashy cut past slip. Later in the innings he edged a slog off a pace bowler which ended up going to the third man boundary !!!!!! In the middle of all these he played shots that only the best in cricket can play. He played a lofted straight drive and a couple of drives that were awesome to say the least. However If he plays like this than we will always see the ashraful we see now, successful in one in 20 matches or so and end up with an average of 20. I want to see him be more selective with his shots. He tries to hit everything sometimes and in the process goofs up. If someone gets the highlights for the match and it contains the shots he played I am sure everyone would agree with me. Anyone who has watched his full innings today is welcome to comment on this. On the contrary sakib was very controlled and reza played a blitzkrieg but hardly gave any chances. The way he used his feet against the spinners was superb and I was pleasantly surprised because I never thought he was that good with the bat. Ashraful was lucky today and he could have played much better than this.
Old August 12, 2006, 08:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
He (AshraFool) tries to hit everything sometimes and in the process goofs up. If someone gets the highlights for the match and it contains the shots he played I am sure everyone would agree with me. Anyone who has watched his full innings today is welcome to comment on this. On the contrary sakib was very controlled and reza played a blitzkrieg but hardly gave any chances. The way he used his feet against the spinners was superb and I was pleasantly surprised because I never thought he was that good with the bat. Ashraful was lucky today and he could have played much better than this.
Very well said. Nobody is saying that he does not have talent. he does have a ton of talent. But he lacks in temperament and, consequently, in consistency. It does not do good to the team if one scores a 50 once in every 20 games. Today his lofted shots and edges fell short and wide of the fielders. He will not have ladyluck smiling on him in most days.
Old August 12, 2006, 08:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

As more and more young players are coming in to the side and performing well, it will be tough for ash to survive with a mere average of 19 when our worst batsman javed is averaging nearly 24 ! He has made one fifty after a long time and another long draught and that should be the end of his career.. for good..