facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 24, 2023, 05:04 AM
Test Cricketer

How does a trash player like Anamul finds way back into national team? Same with Soumya. Mossadek is another useless player.

Old January 25, 2023, 02:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
How does a trash player like Anamul finds way back into national team? Same with Soumya. Mossadek is another useless player.
You know what's sad, this idiot Nasir (and to some extent, Sabbir), had they actually kept their interest in cricket and not outside activities, we would have been discussing an era of big 5 (or 6) coming to an end (Shakib/Tamim/Mushfiq/Riad/Nasir/(sabbir)).

Very disappointed in Nasir tbh. He was a great allrounder at one point, a great finisher, and finished his career all by himself.
Old January 25, 2023, 10:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I think Anamul Haq should never have been picked again as he was scrapped in the garbage and he is only meant for domestic cricket. Also dont like this Yasir Ali he is another crap international player.

Nasir was a decent player in BD conditions perhaps but he is mediocre overall. Also didnt think Nasir and Mahamdullah should be selected in the same squad.

Shabbir had some merit but I think he was played too lower down the order.

Another player going down this route is Mossadek and he had good potential too. Afif sadly may also follow.
Old January 25, 2023, 04:00 PM
Test Cricketer

On a brighter side, new generation of fast bowlers are much improved. There is good potential in Mritunjoy, Rejaur Raja, Musfik Hasan, etc.
Old January 26, 2023, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu

Another player going down this route is Mossadek and he had good potential too. Afif sadly may also follow.
Afif is still young and has a long career ahead. With the limited matches he has played for bd, he had made impact already in our wins. I think this kid will be a core player once the big 4 goes. Against this is bd, a bit of fans surrounding you, your interest goes somewhere else like Nasir and Sabbir.

Last edited by godzilla; January 30, 2023 at 05:56 AM..
Old January 27, 2023, 10:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Mritunjoy was hitting 148k speeds today. Not sure how accurate speed meters are in BPL.
MJoy is bowling in 140s regularly this season, much improved (speed wise) from last season.
Old January 27, 2023, 12:00 PM
Cricket Guru

IMO, Bijoy has done well so far to stay ahead of Soumya, Naim, Emon, Zakir, Joy, etc, to maintain his claim as a backup opener for LOI.
Old January 28, 2023, 11:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Shanto is having an outstanding series so far. Besides cementing his place as a T20I opener, I can see him given another go as one-down in the next ODI series against England.
Old January 28, 2023, 03:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Shanto is having an outstanding series so far. Besides cementing his place as a T20I opener, I can see him given another go as one-down in the next ODI series against England.
What do you think should be our ODI WC team combination? We wasted so many years playing Tamim, Mushy, Riyad in T20. Shuvagata even seems miles better than them.
Old January 28, 2023, 10:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
What do you think should be our ODI WC team combination? We wasted so many years playing Tamim, Mushy, Riyad in T20.
I am for sticking to all four seniors till ODI WC. Even last year, Riyad had 50+ batting average. Average or total run wise, he was second only to Liton.

Tamim (frequently troubled by incoming deliveries from left arm seamers) and Mushfiq (shot selection gone worse) seem bigger question marks atp. But from what we seen during T20I WC last year, we still don't have good enough batters (may be barring Shanto) to replace either.

However, I don't think Shakib is as threatening as an SLA at international stage anymore. If they dare to go with true pitches, it will be interesting to see how he fares against English batters in March. IMO, we should consider going with one less batter to accommodate Nasum or Tanvir in the XI (alongside three pacers and Miraz). In which case, one from Mushfiq and Riyad has to be benched.

Saying that, I don't expect Hathuru to gamble on true pitches on his first international assignment after 3 years hiatus in his coaching career. More likely, our inadequacies in the spin department will be masked by our home pitches.

He will. for sure, create extra pressure on Mushfiq, Riyad, and Tamim to keep their ODI careers alive till October (Shakib so far seems untouchable).
Old January 29, 2023, 07:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

The selectors should be executed if they even take Yasir Ali on the bench, which might break with his overweight incompetence
Old January 30, 2023, 05:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I have said this before and I'll say it again, if given enough chances like Tamim and co, this guy will arguably become one of Bd's finest opening batsmen. Again, assuming he keeps his head where it belongs and gets enough chances.
Old January 30, 2023, 12:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Going by current BPL performances, Yasir, Nurul, and Mosaddek should be replaced by Hridoy, Zakir, and Nasir in the T20I team. Time to say bye bye to Soumya once again.
Old January 30, 2023, 01:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Among the SLAs, Tanvir and Rakibul have been outperforming Nasum (and obviously Shakib). Rakibul was also the leading wicket taker in DPL last year. IMO, given the skills and ability to turn (and height), it's only a matter of time Rakibul replaces Nasum in LOI teams. Unlike Nasum, Rakibul was successful in SENA countries during his U/19 days. I believe he can do better as a batter as well.
Old January 30, 2023, 01:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Among the pacers, Rejaur Rahman Raja is making strong claims to replace his Sylheti compatriot Ebadot Hossain as the 5th pacer in the T20I team.

I was hoping to see a much better season from Mrittunjoy. Looks like he's going through a transition phase where his pace has significantly improved from last season, but his control seem to have degraded. If he can regain his control, imo, it's only a matter of time he replaces his U/19 teammate and fellow left arm pacer Shoriful in LOI formats. Comparing to Shoriful, he posses higher level of intelligence, now has better pace, and can be handy with bat on late order.
Old January 30, 2023, 02:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Among the pacers, Rejaur Rahman Raja is making strong claims to replace his Sylheti compatriot Ebadot Hossain as the 5th pacer in the T20I team.

I was hoping to see a much better season from Mrittunjoy. Looks like he's going through a transition phase where his pace has significantly improved from last season, but his control seem to have degraded. If he can regain his control, imo, it's only a matter of time he replaces his U/19 teammate and fellow left arm pacer Shoriful in LOI formats. Comparing to Shoriful, he posses higher level of intelligence, now has better pace, and can be handy with bat on late order.

I would fast track Mritunjoy in the ODI side ahead of the WC as an allrounder. He can easily replace Saifuddin at least. I wouldn't worry about his lack of control in T20 where any bowler can get hit. So far, he has been bowling really quick, consistently around 144-148k mark which is really high for a BD pacer. He is also playing for a poor team this season where he doesnt really get much support from other bowlers.
Old January 30, 2023, 02:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Soumya Sarkar averaging 12 @101 SR, Mossadek averaging 15 @84 SR
Old January 30, 2023, 11:00 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Going by current BPL performances, Yasir, Nurul, and Mosaddek should be replaced by Hridoy, Zakir, and Nasir in the T20I team. Time to say bye bye to Soumya once again.
i dont know about BPL performance, Munim Shahriar where is he now...
Old January 31, 2023, 07:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
That might be but you would still want players to perform at league level. If they can't play at league what are they going to do at international level?
Old January 31, 2023, 12:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
If a player is doing okay at international stage (for example - Taskin), it becomes irrelevant how's he or a competitor of him doing in domestics. But if a player is doing poorly both in international and domestics, we definitely should be looking replacement for him. In our case, where else to look for replacement other than BPL?
Old January 31, 2023, 12:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Khulna paid the price for not including any quality pacer on their side.

On the other hand, what a surge from Comilla! They are back on track for their title defense.
Old February 1, 2023, 12:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Khulna pace bowler is Saifuddin lol.
Old February 1, 2023, 02:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Rumor is that Papon is so taken by Hridoy that he will be included in the T20I squad from the England series. With Yasir losing his BCB contract, I guess this was the card either way.

With LKD and Shanto solidifying their claims for opening spots, question still remains - who will be the backup opener? Will Soumya get another opportunity to reunite with Hathuru or will selectors dare to move forward with a new option like Zakir? I guess it's safe to rule out Bijoy (unless he does something extraordinary in upcoming matches) given how much Hathuru dislikes him.

There is a possibility that LKD, Shak, and Fizz will skip Ireland series to play in IPL. If that happens, selection will open up even more.
Old February 3, 2023, 03:17 AM
Cricket Legend

I haven't seen Fizz at all during this tournament. Where is this dude?
Old February 3, 2023, 09:05 AM
Test Cricketer

I think Mustafiz is playing for Comilla but missing out a few games in between, probably for injury. I don't know if Salauddin is using a rotation strategy to manage injuries.