facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 4, 2017, 02:53 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
fair enough. What are the things you like about living in USA and which part do you live?
I live in New York. Love the food, Beaches, security (it can be rough at times though), mosques, education, People

Just stadium e boshe cricket khela ta dekha hoy na. Etai miss kori. And of course family

Old May 4, 2017, 03:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I live in New York. Love the food, Beaches, security (it can be rough at times though), mosques, education, People

Just stadium e boshe cricket khela ta dekha hoy na. Etai miss kori. And of course family
Police in the UK are generally friendly. The rough ones I've come across is in Home Office(immigration office) and airport.

I've heard the food is great in NY too.

It's nice you said mosque and in London there are many too.
Old May 4, 2017, 03:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I find UK to be one of the most peaceful country to live in.

Not that I have experience of living in other countries, maybe because I got used to it?

Have been brought up in UK since age of 5/6.. only dislike is the weather...
Where do you live in the U.K.? I found it really peaceful in less populated areas.
Old May 4, 2017, 03:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I don't think of where I'm living at the moment as 'abroad'. It is my home now. I love everything about it.

I've visited my beloved Guyana only once since I left.

I still keep in touch with everyone via social media and up to date with the news via online papers.
The Caribbean is usually a place where most of my colleagues dream of retiring.

Only dislike if they have any are medical facilities.
Old May 4, 2017, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Where do you live in the U.K.? I found it really peaceful in less populated areas.
Well I live near the docklands, most of my neighbours are English/Europeans. Luckily a area not overcrowded with us Bengali's etc....

However, like 5/10 minute walk from my home... than you meet lot of Bengalis.

Lot needs to be done to improve the life of our young brothers that are involved with drugs etc, losing their way with faith, poor education etc. Overall, it has improved over the years, but crime amongst Bengali's in that area hasn't still gone away. It saddens me to be honest, youngster trying to be gangster instead of focusing on studies to make a living and to be a good example to others. IA maybe in the future things will change.
Old May 4, 2017, 04:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Melbourne generally has a bad rep for crime,whatever gang you are not alone there SportingBD.
Maybe they need lock out rules like NSW,it helps.
Old May 4, 2017, 06:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

In Mexico, it's called Cinco de Mayo. In the US, it's more like Cinco de Drinko
Old May 5, 2017, 12:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Oh man all my dislikes are to do with food: Kachchi, Jhal Moori, Kebab, Beef Curry, Fuchka, Borhani, Shingara. One of the first things i do when i come to Dhaka every time is go to the old school fast food/bakeries, and gorge on the chicken patties, beef roll, samosa.

Bangladeshi beef and mutton are very hard to match in terms of quality and taste. Beef isnt available as freely in SL, and the mutton stinks.
Old May 5, 2017, 02:59 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Canada - 14 years

Like:
Multiculture
Personal Privacy & Freedom
General Security
Summer!

Dislike:
Winter -20C ~ -30C weather plus driving that time!
(yes, I'm ok with -10C ~ -15C ... fully climatized! )
Old May 5, 2017, 06:18 AM
Cricket Savant

USA 20 years...

Like:

Constitution

Dislike:

The president trying to screw up the constitution.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 5, 2017, 06:19 AM
Cricket Savant

US 20 years

Like: Books about stringed instrument in Chaldean era music revolution.

Dislikes: NOT ENOUGH books about stringed instrument in Chaldean era music revolution

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 5, 2017, 06:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Sydney has been my only home. Yes its been easy living so far however the worst things is that everything is getting so flipping expensive. Transport, living in homes, petrol prices compared to the rest of the world. I think they did a ranking of the most expensive places to live in the world and Sydney was top 3. However its a good place to live especially the weather. However the muslim community here gets bashed left right and centre so that gets a bit annoying.
Old May 5, 2017, 07:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
USA 20 years...

Like:

Constitution

Dislike:

The president trying to screw up the constitution.
Any president in particular?
Old May 5, 2017, 07:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Sydney has been my only home. Yes its been easy living so far however the worst things is that everything is getting so flipping expensive. Transport, living in homes, petrol prices compared to the rest of the world. I think they did a ranking of the most expensive places to live in the world and Sydney was top 3. However its a good place to live especially the weather. However the muslim community here gets bashed left right and centre so that gets a bit annoying.
It is sad and worrying to know, but is it by the media+right wing groups that are causing the issues for muslims??

In London IMO there is a silent anti muslim feeling. Its not necessarily hatred, but a concerned feeling which is caused due to media and politics. But in general everyone goes on their own business. Unlike Paris, London is quite cosmopolitan and wearing hijab in the work place/streets is common and not normally an issue.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your views. Is medication free in Canada? Also which area do you live as I have an Uncle and they have an active Bangladeshi community in Toronto which is a big city.

How the quality of schools and is it free?
In general, drugs, dental and eye care are NOT free. There are some Govt. sponsored drug plans available for senior citizens and low-income families. Rest of us who work pay for a drug plan/benefit plan through employer.

I live in Sarnia, perhaps the smallest known city in Southern Ontario. It's ~3 hour (drive) West to Toronto, a border city facing Port Huron (MI) and 1 hour drive from Detroit (MI). Both Toronto and Detroit have a large Bangladeshi population.

I accurately can't comment on the quality of grade schools as my daughter is only 2. But it can't be bad. What I hear from my colleagues is that the education system is constantly changing (more interactive method of learning, more use of technology etc.). However, public schooling up to secondary level is FREE for all.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your views. Is medication free in Canada? Also which area do you live as I have an Uncle and they have an active Bangladeshi community in Toronto which is a big city.

How the quality of schools and is it free?
In Canada, pretty much everything is FREE, such as Health care, Education etc even some cases Medicine too!
Old May 5, 2017, 12:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Ohh another one frog me...

Dislike:
Lack of Bodnas at friends'/work/public places. At home somehow manage with a plant watering can (small nozzle).
Living abroad makes you an electrician, a carpenter, a gardener and at times a plumber.

Get a hand bidet ("push shower" commonly called in BD) and attach it to the water supply to your toilet tank with a Y-pipe or similar and live happily ever after . You may need to use heat shrink, plumbing tape etc. But you need to carry empty bottles/cups in public places or rental apartments I guess.
Old May 5, 2017, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Prescription drugs are free in Ontario now for anyone under 25
Old May 6, 2017, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
It is sad and worrying to know, but is it by the media+right wing groups that are causing the issues for muslims??

In London IMO there is a silent anti muslim feeling. Its not necessarily hatred, but a concerned feeling which is caused due to media and politics. But in general everyone goes on their own business. Unlike Paris, London is quite cosmopolitan and wearing hijab in the work place/streets is common and not normally an issue.
It is a tricky situation in the sense that the muslims in the media are too liberal so really there is no real representation of muslims in the media on a religious level.

To me all the media in sydney is far right lol.
Old May 6, 2017, 03:43 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I would move to canada if it wasnt so freakin cold.
Old May 6, 2017, 05:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
In general, drugs, dental and eye care are NOT free. There are some Govt. sponsored drug plans available for senior citizens and low-income families. Rest of us who work pay for a drug plan/benefit plan through employer.

I live in Sarnia, perhaps the smallest known city in Southern Ontario. It's ~3 hour (drive) West to Toronto, a border city facing Port Huron (MI) and 1 hour drive from Detroit (MI). Both Toronto and Detroit have a large Bangladeshi population.

I accurately can't comment on the quality of grade schools as my daughter is only 2. But it can't be bad. What I hear from my colleagues is that the education system is constantly changing (more interactive method of learning, more use of technology etc.). However, public schooling up to secondary level is FREE for all.
University just became free for low income students/family (in Ontario). Education system in Quebec however is way below standard (speaking from experience). I would not recommend anyone staying in Quebec - they will forcefully shove that french down your throat ( I am not joking).
Old May 6, 2017, 05:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I would move to canada if it wasnt so freakin cold.
Vancouver in general is not cold what so ever. During winter times, you can walk around with a light fall jacket. Very limited amount of snow aswell unlike the east side of Canada, mountain of snows is what we have to deal with sometimes LOL.
Old May 6, 2017, 09:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Vancouver in general is not cold what so ever. During winter times, you can walk around with a light fall jacket. Very limited amount of snow aswell unlike the east side of Canada, mountain of snows is what we have to deal with sometimes LOL.
Vancouver is by far the most amazing and beautiful North American city I have been to. It's so scenic and cultural. Stanley Park, downtown, Granville island, whistler. It's like heaven on earth. Only thing is that it rains a lot.

Wish I could move there permanently
Old May 6, 2017, 10:05 AM
Cricket Guru

I like the weather in London, even though it's cold. We had a few bad winters but apart from it's pleasant for me. The weather pattern is changing, i.e. We have longer summers and longer winters, so there is not much of spring or fall
Old May 6, 2017, 12:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I live 15 minutes from the beach. On summer afternoons and some mornings, I would take a stroll to take in the scenery and ships entering the New York Harbor.