facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 10, 2012, 03:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Whenever India is ready to invite us, I think they should choose the Kolkata venue (eden garden)

Old April 10, 2012, 04:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Everyone related to cricket in BD are literally begging for a tour to India ... Yes, we should be looking for more matches, but crying so much for a tour to India isn't worth it. Fans are no exception. We should keep playing good cricket and keep quiet about touring India. If India wants, they will invite. What's so special touring India??
Old April 10, 2012, 04:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Everyone related to cricket in BD are literally begging for a tour to India ... Yes, we should be looking for more matches, but crying so much for a tour to India isn't worth it. Fans are no exception. We should keep playing good cricket and keep quiet about touring India. If India wants, they will invite. What's so special touring India??
And how do you expect us to play good cricket when we have 1 series a year?

No one is begging for a tour. We need to play as much as we can.

Having egos in this matter doesn't benefit us.
Old April 10, 2012, 04:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN
And how do you expect us to play good cricket when we have 1 series a year?

No one is begging for a tour. We need to play as much as we can.

Having egos in this matter doesn't benefit us.

Playing India or Pakistan or any team ... Increases number of matches.... Here the point is touring India because they have never invited us... Not increasing number of matches... Where from you see ego here?? Yes, if they invite you should go and play...but why cry and beg for invitation ?? Invite them to BD if you want to have more matches...

If you want more matches, approach all board and there is no shame in saying that we want /more matches... ...no need to raise the issue that ohh India has never invited us... Please invite us in India...etc etc that's matter of self respect not ego..you can't grumble about someone not inviting you........
Old April 11, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

best thing ever would be if india invites us and we turn them down!
Old April 11, 2012, 12:36 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
we are not in any position to do that tbh

reality is we will never be in a position to do that, Even the best team in the world would not do that

a tour of india=Big money
Old April 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Why do the exact same act that we've been cursing at the doers of?

(lol... is my sentence grammatically correct? a bit confused )
Old April 11, 2012, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

PPL = Pakistani Panpanani League?
Old April 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
we are not in any position to do that tbh

reality is we will never be in a position to do that, Even the best team in the world would not do that

a tour of india=Big money
The opposite, a tour of India to your country is big money, you will make a fortune just on the TV deal, let alone the sponsors to display adds and sold out tickets.

If you are visiting India, the money is their's to make. But India only wants to invite countries it can make huge money on, sadly Bangladesh is not one of them.
Old April 11, 2012, 03:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
The opposite, a tour of India to your country is big money, you will make a fortune just on the TV deal, let alone the sponsors to display adds and sold out tickets.

If you are visiting India, the money is their's to make. But India only wants to invite countries it can make huge money on, sadly Bangladesh is not one of them.
that may change after the T20 World Cup 2012
Old April 11, 2012, 06:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I Agree.... Let the team improve so much that, India begs for a tour in India...till then we shouldn't talk about it.

What's the point forcing them to invite us and be thrashed right and left... Then they will make a joke of the demand... It's always better to keep quiet on certain issues...until you are sure that you won't look like a joker at the end.

We need more matches, we can try with all boards and invite them to our place.... To be honest we aren't yet that consistent even at home....NZ and Asiq cup...that's it. Let's keep doing it, until...the touring teams feel that their ijjat is at stake and feel the necessity to invite us to beat us and recover their ijjat. ...we have to create that demand by our performance at home...

And as Mahmood said, we can earn more money also by playing bigger teams at home, specially India. So it's just our ego..that's why we want to force people to invite us. or may be Kormokortader bidesh sofor er/bouder shopping er shubidha hoy.
Old April 11, 2012, 08:50 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I've heard BCCI only has 16 days free next season...not enough time for a full series which requires at last 25 days.

This series is not happening, BCCI won't postpone a series with NZ even though we'd prolly be more competitive in Indian conditions.
This is the problem. Next season there is a much awaited bilateral series against Sri Lanka, followed by visits by New Zealand, England, Australia (the last two are four test series) plus Champions League and the T20 World Cup. Unless there is a strong enough political reason (probably involving Pakistan and ICC), this series won't happen. There is not enough space even for a diluted series with young players like the WI tour last year.
Old April 12, 2012, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

I don't understand why we need to go through so much panpanani to go to India and play...It is not as if India has the best grounds in the world, neither does a tour to India assure us free wins over them...Rather we should try and tour Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and England more often if possible. That would do greater good to our cricket.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 12, 2012, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Rather we should try and tour Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and England more often if possible. That would do greater good to our cricket.
Bangladesh hasn't toured India EVER, have they? So yes, I do think it's relevant. And I don't think any of the above countries would be willing to host now, I would rather make sure that BD gets as many home games as possible and draw games there first.
Old April 12, 2012, 03:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/560548.html

Edit: Oh okay, according to BCB release lol!...But still it's unlikely to be completely bogus. Sooner or later we're going to tour India and hand them their behind at their own home.
Woudn't that be a dream come true :P
Old April 12, 2012, 04:17 AM
MLC World Series I

I'm not sure how the BCCI would allocate a series for us, considering India are playing a lot of cricket towards the end of the year. Expect them to field a weaker squad. Good chance to get some wins under the belt in India!
Old April 12, 2012, 05:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Old April 12, 2012, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Bangladesh hasn't toured India EVER, have they? So yes, I do think it's relevant. And I don't think any of the above countries would be willing to host now, I would rather make sure that BD gets as many home games as possible and draw games there first.
Bangladesh has toured India. It's just that they haven't toured India for any 'bilateral' series. I think it is very much within possibilities for us to visit New Zealand and West Indies for playing bilateral series. But there needs to be initiative from BCB for that to happen.
And even India aren't going to host us NOW. I echo your last words as well but at the same time I would love to see our team go to NZ or WI or even both countries instead of India in the near future.
The more we play abroad (outside the sub-continent), the faster we will toughen up as a team. Besides, it has been so long we haven't toured any of the countries outside the Indian sub-continent (Letting Zimbabwe aside).
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 12, 2012, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend

LOL @ the thought of an india tour. That's probably less likely than the Pakistan tour.

Anyway, like Isnaad has mentioned above, playing against non-Asian teams away from home is much faster way to improve. Screw the india tour, bring on a South Africa/New Zealand tour.

I'm sure NZ is dying for chance at revenge.
Old April 18, 2012, 10:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

গোবরে পদ্মফুলের কথা শুনেছি, কিন্তু পদ্মফুলের মাথায় যে গোবর থাকে সেটা জানতাম না।