facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 19, 2005, 02:26 PM
Banned

Yeah agreed, he doesn't have that consistency in line & length. Don't u guys feel that we are lacking quality left handed batsman. If so who are performing well in this NL now (left handed bataman)

Old February 19, 2005, 04:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by vindeshi
Aminul Islam is migrated to Australia and is playing for minor country cricket,
There is no county cricket here... he is playing for a club in south sydney and has his own section in the Sydney Morning Herald
Old February 19, 2005, 07:06 PM
Club Cricketer

how abt ram proshad guala...or ram chad guala...however, he didn't even know how to hold bat
Old February 19, 2005, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by 2007WcSemifinalist
how abt ram proshad guala...or ram chad guala...however, he didn't even know how to hold bat
what do you mean by that?
Old February 19, 2005, 11:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by 2007WcSemifinalist
what do you mean by that?
Ram Chand Goala was a leggie(if my memory doesnt betray me much) from mymensingh playing in Dhaka league during mid 80's. I first saw him play for Lalmatia club in Dhanmandi cricket field. Goala then played for Abahoni (or Biman?) for at least a couple of seasons.
Old February 19, 2005, 11:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Anis had a chance to run out (stoped bowling when he say the runner was out of the crease but he just warned him instead of running out which was also the last wkt) in the last ball against pak A in that saarc tournament but he didn't and ramiz raza scored the needed run in the last ball of his, even though he couldn't touch the ball. Pilot was standing too much far from the wkt... anyway after that ball ramiz and his partner was running toward the pavellion and the runner exchanged some words with anis while he went to kick his butt but akram cooled every thing down... after wards he (akram) lied on the grass when suddenly understood that bd could have beaten a test A team. In that tournamnet BD actually beat inda A team in the league along with SRI A and went to final on vertue of better run rate.

Edited on, February 20, 2005, 4:42 PM GMT, by akabir77.
Old February 20, 2005, 12:00 AM
Banned

There is one noteable thing that our BD team consists of mainly youngsters which is really good prospect in future. Also the rising stars from NL like Golam Rahman, Mehrab Hossain (Jnr), Wascoroni, Nazimuddin, and from A team Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Rajib are only 17-18 yrs of age. Who knows later they will gain so experiences in upcoming years that make BD team into a higher ranking team among the 10 test playing nations

Edited on, February 20, 2005, 5:02 AM GMT, by vindeshi.
Old February 20, 2005, 02:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
There is one noteable thing that our BD team consists of mainly youngsters which is really good prospect in future. Also the rising stars from NL like Golam Rahman, Mehrab Hossain (Jnr), Wascoroni, Nazimuddin, and from A team Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Rajib are only 17-18 yrs of age. Who knows later they will gain so experiences in upcoming years that make BD team into a higher ranking team among the 10 test playing nations

Edited on, February 20, 2005, 5:02 AM GMT, by vindeshi.
What is your plan with this thread? You started with oldies now started talking with kiddos.....
Old February 21, 2005, 07:25 PM
Banned

Should you guys think that BCB should give Nannu to be one of their selector position cos he already retire from every kind of cricket.
Old February 21, 2005, 07:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

I don't know if anyone in this thread even knows about a cricketer called Manna. I've watched Biman since 92 season and in 95-96 season Manna was in the team. He was frequently getting injured but to me he seemed like the national team calibre player. He was dark, hugely built- which might have brought about his numerous injuries. I in fact was friends with him and spoke to him about cricket and stuff.
He played for Brothers Union, i think also, but came to Biman from Eskaton Sabuj Sangha.
He had a touch of Windies attitude in him. Apparently later on I discovered that he was not polite with the officials of the team.
Does anybody know his full name?
Old February 21, 2005, 07:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

We also have a couple of players who've been highly underrated and have not represented BD in any national level.
Halim Shah- very consistent performer
Hassanuzzaman(jhoru bhai)- amazing talent
Old February 21, 2005, 08:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

I think Parvez Ahmed could be added to that list as well... does Anisur Rahman (the lefty pacer) still play cricket ?
Old February 21, 2005, 08:17 PM
Banned

No man I haven't heard about Manna, but its quite unfortunate for him not to make spot in the national team for his attitude problem. But about Halim Shah yeah I have been noticing him quite for a while. There's no doubt about his talent but as some of the present selectors labelled him as a very slow run maker. And he is a opener too, so as we have already quite few good openers already in our national team(Nafees Iqbal, Javed Omar, Rajin Saleh, Hannan Sarkar) I dont think that he can make through now. Hasanuzzuman has a pretty good performance (30 avg with bat and have taken 22 wickets in 36 matches) so yeah selectors can put their interests on him.
Old February 21, 2005, 08:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Jhoru Bhai(Hassanuzzaman) - has been an amazing talent since i've been following him from 97, the only problem is that Biman has many all-rounders as a result he doesn't get much opportunity. He's been playing much longer than his stats would reveal. His average is so low mainly becoz he oftens bats at no.6 no.7 and even no,8.
Usually he's down the batting order and comes out to bat in the slog over and even at that position he's won the team many matches. His bowling isn't as potent- but can be call a useful allrounder.
Halim Shah- bats in the middle order, played for Brother Union. Another friend of mine- used to discuss cricket with him in the boundary line in Abahani field. He's been very consistent in the last 3-4 years, but obviously the selectors are going for young blood. He's pretty old! He bats around no.4-no.6 position.
Old February 21, 2005, 08:50 PM
Banned

Hey what happened about Bikash Ranjan Das. This guy only played 1 test, and I guess he's not palying this NL too.
Old February 21, 2005, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

yah hasanuzzaman is one player who never got to play for the national team for some reason eventhough everyone thinks he is quite talented...
Old February 22, 2005, 02:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd

What is your plan with this thread? You started with oldies now started talking with kiddos.....
Ya... and then start mentioning about marginal players like Anis and etc.

Are we supposed to remember them also?
Old February 22, 2005, 02:28 PM
Test Cricketer

none of them are forgotten. They are somehow connected to current cricketing in bd.
Old February 22, 2005, 04:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Nah... I have lack of memory space. I would rather remember just the cream of the crops only.
Old February 22, 2005, 09:23 PM
Banned

what about senior enamul haque, is he still involved in cricket?