facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 13, 2009, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Lol! I do not understand but some people behave as if their tails caught fire when the word 'religion' or 'religious' come anywhere close to them. Why are people failing to realise that a religious individual regardless of his religion tend to be a good person? Regardless of what religion one follows, if he is 'religious' by definition (not hypocrite or misguided); then he is bound to show some personal qualities which MAY BE absent in a person who is not religious (watch it, I said MAY BE). And I'm sure BCF bhai referred to that because normally when a young person starts to follow his religion and changes his lifestyle, he tends to do it with good intentions of beings nice, calm, kind, tolerant, patient, devoted to work and so on (and I am not talking about the black sheep, who goes the exact opposite way).

Now answering the person who asked how keeping a beard or being religious would help him play better cricket or help other people. Dude, if he cares about following a simple recommendation of his religion like keeping beard (which is not a must), he is more likely to follow something of that religion that is a MUST, which is DEVOTION TO HIS JOB. Unlike players, who tend to be lazy and out of focus in playing cricket, he will be more inclined to prepare properly for matches and perform well. Bcoz if he INTENTIONALLY keeps skipping trainings and practice, or not prepare the best to his ability, then the salary wouldn't be permissible for him to accept, as he did not try to do the job the best to his ability. So if he improves on his character and attitude like this, that is bound to influence his teammates in a positive way; not necessarily towards the religion but towards the betterness and purification of an individual; mentally and physically. Peace.

Keep going Mehrab.

Last edited by Purbasha T; August 13, 2009 at 01:41 PM..

Old August 13, 2009, 01:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I am a Mehrab fan too.
He is a willes boy.
I saw him bat when he was a 13 years old kid scoring century for Willes in the Kalabagan Math.
I wish him all the best of luck and hopefully he makes the most of the opportunity he gets.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 13, 2009, 01:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
He might not be in the playing XI at the moment and he might not be the most scintilating player ever to grace the cricket ground but I have just become a fan of his. Not because of his cricketing ability but because of character, personality and courage.

I'm alluring to his new image...flowing dark beard and Sunnah "styled" wardrobe. It takes a great deal of courage, personality and confidence to express oneself freely. Specially, in islamic way in todays atmosphere. I am really impressed by this young cricketers choice, character and decesion making ability at such an young age.

As long as he doesnt have any rigid and extreme religious thoughts or tries to impose these on his fellow team mates, I think his will have a better influence on this young, up and comming and impressionable squad. At least, Sir Siddons will have one less Andrew Symo like worries.

Gone are the days when BD players would have been pretty pleased just to immitate foreign players. Now they are beginning to set trends and behave and express themselevs as a free man...start of a new chapter in BD cricket book- definitely. I wish Mehrab all the best on and off the cricket field. Hope he ups his SR a bit more and dosnt give up singing The young man is multi-talented...no doubts there!

Please leave your thoughts and views.

Thanks for this thread.
Alhamdulillah, I am impressed for his courage. I was unable to meet him in Dominica. May Allah give him success in his batting, bowling and fielding in 3rd ODI against Zim and give him strength to continue good work, ameen.
Old August 13, 2009, 01:39 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Mehrab Jr: Dhakaiya munshi
Old August 13, 2009, 01:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I am a Mehrab fan too.
He is a willes boy.
I saw him bat when he was a 13 years old kid scoring century for Willes in the Kalabagan Math.
I wish him all the best of luck and hopefully he makes the most of the opportunity he gets.
Being an ex Wills you must be feeling good.
Old August 13, 2009, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

So both Mehrabs are ex-Willes'?

Are both Rabz and Razab ex-Willes' too?

What's with the similarity in the names?
Old August 13, 2009, 02:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
So both Mehrabs are ex-Willes'?

Are both Rabz and Razab ex-Willes' too?

What's with the similarity in the names?
Willies are afraid of RAB. Pura chicken ar ki. (chagla dari thakley RAB'er bhoi tho takbai, shabhabik)
Old August 13, 2009, 02:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Lol..just questioning of a matter of 'religion' or 'religious' surely lights fire of a few in the part of the body where the tail is attached to. As a result, the hot air from the mouth migrates to south and from the back. There are no clear cut evidence that religious people are 'good' person by default. This is a laughable assertion. There are bad people from every strata of life- religious, irreligious, believer, non-believer - all.

Anyway, I like Mehrab the cricketer. Don't care about his new found belief, and why did he suddenly stop singing ( thats another twist ) or whatever he does in personal life. Just play well for us. He can keep a fifty feet beard, or sport a tattoo of Richard Dawkings, it matters little unless he doesn't do what he is supposed to do.
Old August 13, 2009, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Don't let me down Mehrab...
Old August 13, 2009, 02:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Really didn't like him to play tomorrow in the place of a settled opener though I like him as a player and as a person. Yet wishing him good luck.
Old August 13, 2009, 02:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Lol..Anyway, I like Mehrab the cricketer. He can keep a fifty feet beard,
That could pose a big technical difficulty, specially in the area of RBW.I agree with you there, just play good cricket for us Mehrab.

Last edited by billah; August 13, 2009 at 02:55 PM..
Old August 13, 2009, 02:42 PM
Cricket Guru

I don't have many opinions on this matter billah bhai. I would react exactly the same way if the BD national team was ever to be used as a platform for propagating, lets say, atheism. So, I am not going to root for someone simply because he changed outlook according to his new found belief. Or, root for someone who trashes religion on that platform, for arguements sake. I like rooting for 100's , 5 fers, or 10 wkts - regardless of who did it. Religion or lack of it is total irrelevant to me. Make it clear?
Old August 13, 2009, 02:42 PM
Banned

damn nazmul was wicket taker.......... damn loser rubel is still injured.
Old August 13, 2009, 02:44 PM
Cricket Guru

OK..Lets keep it a Mehrab fan club thread. I have signed.
Old August 13, 2009, 02:54 PM
Cricket Legend

One thing that bothered me in your thread is that you are trying to bring cricket into religion (actualy not much about cricket but how religious the guy is o_0). Its the guy's personal choice if he wants to be religious and how he wants to be dressed. Cricket is alltogether another thing buddy.
Old August 13, 2009, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I don't have many opinions on this matter billah bhai. I would react exactly the same way if the BD national team was ever to be used as a platform for propagating, lets say, atheism. So, I am not going to root for someone simply because he changed outlook according to his new found belief. Or, root for someone who trashes religion on that platform, for arguements sake. I like rooting for 100's , 5 fers, or 10 wkts - regardless of who did it. Religion or lack of it is total irrelevant to me. Make it clear?
It was inappropriate of me to make that comment. Edited. Apologies.
Old August 13, 2009, 03:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Didn't know we have so many Willies in this forum.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 13, 2009, 03:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Ponting

Not a good decision of choosing Mehrab instead of Zunaid. Zunaid had good partnerships with Tamim in the last two matches. Although his scores were not good. But partnerships are vital. He is an attacking player. Mehrab is a defensive player. Zimbabweans will be happy to bowl at him. As far as religious matter is concerned, he reminds me the pre-2007 WC days of Pakistan team. The pakistani players all started to change following Inzi and Yousuf. Whether it was with their own will or they were forced I don't know. But it did not work for pakistan.
Old August 13, 2009, 03:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Accordign to Ittefaq, it's Imrul Kayes who is replacing Junaed. Not Mehrab!!
Old August 13, 2009, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Accordign to Ittefaq, it's Imrul Kayes who is replacing Junaed. Not Mehrab!!
Imrul has not be confirmed yet as far as I know. And what if bd plays with one pacer? After all, spinners are sharing the new ball here. Mehrab will be in....Nazmul being injured. This should add strength to the batting.
Old August 13, 2009, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

A fit Zunaed should play. He looked very much in form and in both matches he contributed to good partnership. A runout should not drop him. I do not get what the selectors are thinking. Even the talk of dropping Zunaed should not be on the air.
Old August 13, 2009, 04:05 PM
Banned

Look at the end of Team News.

Cricinfo has learnt that Junaid Siddique and Nazmul Hossain could be left out for Mehrab Hossain jnr and fast bowler Mahbubul Alam.
Old August 13, 2009, 04:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Oh.. I didn't notice that. But I still hope its not Mehrab. He is not a ODI type batsman. Heis too slow. He should play Test only!

Junaed is playing well and I think its not a good idea to break the opening pair at the moment.

And why do we need 6 bowlers for? [Rasel, Robin, Shakib, Naeem, Riyad, Ash & Mehrab]

Is Mehrab that good of a bowler? Howcome I never noticed that when he bowled?

BTW Tarek mahmud of PA didn't say anything about Mehrab's inclusion. He is currently in Zimb with the team.
http://www.prothom-alo.net/V1/index....p?nid=MjU1MjE=

Last edited by Murad; August 13, 2009 at 04:24 PM..
Old August 13, 2009, 04:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

A beard can be a symbol of a possible lifestyle but his actions counts for most more than anything as a person..

I wish to become his fan one day as I would love to see him score lots of runs at the top of the order!
Old August 13, 2009, 05:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Lol! I do not understand but some people behave as if their tails caught fire when the word 'religion' or 'religious' come anywhere close to them. Why are people failing to realise that a religious individual regardless of his religion tend to be a good person? Regardless of what religion one follows, if he is 'religious' by definition (not hypocrite or misguided); then he is bound to show some personal qualities which MAY BE absent in a person who is not religious (watch it, I said MAY BE). And I'm sure BCF bhai referred to that because normally when a young person starts to follow his religion and changes his lifestyle, he tends to do it with good intentions of beings nice, calm, kind, tolerant, patient, devoted to work and so on (and I am not talking about the black sheep, who goes the exact opposite way).
There's a reason why religious and spiritual are two different words. Like beamer said, there's no direct correlation between believing in a God and being a good person. But if one tries hard to establish a correlation, the evidence will probably point towards a negative correlation. Look at systems that has religion as a part of it (USA, Pakistan, Iran, Israel, Congo) and compare their crime rates/standards of life with countries like Sweden, Canada, France that promote a secular lifestyle (Not banning religion, but making it a personal option not part of judicial/social system/norms/values). You'll get my point.

I wish people would realise non-belief is a belief by itself. and it takes courage and a lot of soul searching to go against the flow and stick to what you truly believe in. saying non believers are more likely to be bad people is no better than saying Muslims are more likely to be terrorists.

anyways, wrong place, wrong people for this argument. I personally like your posts, so I thought I should let you know about my disagreement. I'm not trying to start a religious or shallow minded argument attacking each other's beliefs. That's against my belief

I hope the first post of this thread gets edited. just my opinion.