facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 26, 2017, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I always liked Faruq alot. I watched alot of his interviews. He definitely knew what he was doing. Had a plan for everyone as well. Intelligent guy.

Old March 26, 2017, 06:05 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
saifuddin is from feni?? My family is from there. yay finally a cricketer from my hood
Seen him growing up. He was a beast even when he was kid and used to take bowlers 7/8 years olders than him to the cleaners. There was a word about him that 'dont bowl saif in stumps.' He user to just touch the ball and even before you know it dissapeared over the boundary. He hit me for four sixes once in an over when he was in primary or maybe just in high school and I was doing my HSC. And trust me, I was really pacy for a kid of that age.
Old March 26, 2017, 11:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Seen him growing up. He was a beast even when he was kid and used to take bowlers 7/8 years olders than him to the cleaners. There was a word about him that 'dont bowl saif in stumps.' He user to just touch the ball and even before you know it dissapeared over the boundary. He hit me for four sixes once in an over when he was in primary or maybe just in high school and I was doing my HSC. And trust me, I was really pacy for a kid of that age.
Did you go to the school in Feni that is in dagonbhuiyan? I feel like i might have watched saifuddin play when they had matches at the pitch in that school. But i am not sure. My older cousin was really involved with the badminton tournaments in that school. Ran a brickfarm in Feni as well. So I would be out and about with him. So I might have seen Saifuddin around when I visited Feni even though I had no idea who he was.
Old March 27, 2017, 01:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

To all the intelligent people here, where is Nasir and who is responsible for ruining the career of a player who once looked like he might even be better than Sakib? A player who consistently performed. Who was brought in because of fan outcry for his last match and he performed and still got left out? Which genius is responsible for this Bullshit biased decision?
Old March 27, 2017, 01:12 AM
BC Editorial Team

Yup. Foozy that's what you get when you have el Bangladeshi Trumpo running our cricket selection and team motivation.
Old March 27, 2017, 03:39 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

don't care much who select what!
all I care about is winning, getting the results ... did not win a single match in NZ .. team looked complete disarray. also lost in India too in day 5 tea .. could have been a well earned draw if players apply themselves a little better ... played according to the match situation.

Now that we are winning in SL after losing the 1st test badly and Papon taking some of the credits ... I don't care ... he is by far the best BCB president in last 12 years! I like the way he protect the head coach every time there is a rumor etc ... We need Haturu & Papon duo atleast until WC 2019!
Old March 27, 2017, 03:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Did you go to the school in Feni that is in dagonbhuiyan? I feel like i might have watched saifuddin play when they had matches at the pitch in that school. But i am not sure. My older cousin was really involved with the badminton tournaments in that school. Ran a brickfarm in Feni as well. So I would be out and about with him. So I might have seen Saifuddin around when I visited Feni even though I had no idea who he was.
Feni govt. Pilot high school.
Old March 27, 2017, 04:26 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The short-sightedness of some of you is astonishing. So you do not care that somebody is bypassing the standard process and unilaterally making decisions just because the results are going our way? Can't you understand that there is a risk with every decision that Papon gets right, he might get 3 other decisions wrong? This is exactly how organizations are ruined in 3rd world countries because we always prefer shortcuts as long as the result is in our favor.

We have to look at building a proper process and a professional culture to get long term benefits. As long as people are happy with dictators we will never have a good selection panel. If the selectors are not doing a good job then the selectors need to be changed but the alternative should not be that BCB president will run things like a dictator and gloat about it to the media.
Old March 27, 2017, 05:19 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Had enough with playing 9 players (plus 2 passengers) most of the time & not getting the results.
We have minimum 9 ODIs before Sep 30th - 2 vs SL + minimum 4 in Ireland tour (vs Ire & NZ) + 3 in Champions Trophy. Need results to make sure we qualify for the WC 2019 without playing the qualifying round. If Papon or whoever can make sure we field proper 11 players in those matches - happy with that.
Old March 27, 2017, 06:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

So far wonderful job done by the current BCB president Mr. Papon.
Old March 27, 2017, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The short-sightedness of some of you is astonishing. So you do not care that somebody is bypassing the standard process and unilaterally making decisions just because the results are going our way? Can't you understand that there is a risk with every decision that Papon gets right, he might get 3 other decisions wrong? This is exactly how organizations are ruined in 3rd world countries because we always prefer shortcuts as long as the result is in our favor.

We have to look at building a proper process and a professional culture to get long term benefits. As long as people are happy with dictators we will never have a good selection panel. If the selectors are not doing a good job then the selectors need to be changed but the alternative should not be that BCB president will run things like a dictator and gloat about it to the media.
Yes, but all our selectors are mini dictators themselves. So I don't mind them duking it out for the best sake of the team. It's one moron battling another. Hopefully the smarter moron can come out of it and make a decision.
Old March 27, 2017, 08:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor

This is perhaps the best argument I've read against Papon's unilateral decision-making so far.
Old March 27, 2017, 09:38 AM
BC Editorial Team

All of those you who are in favor of Papon's style better not have anything to say about Donald Trump then. As far as the American electorate is concerned, he is getting them "results", by hook or by crook. That he, like Papon, is destroying a professional process should not matter to you one iota!
Old March 27, 2017, 10:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Razab bhai, why you so pissed with Papon khalu ? Take it easy bhai.
Old March 27, 2017, 10:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Razab bahiyo, apni bolchen ki?
Comparing between a mere game/sport governing body's administrator and the President of the Free(slave) World who is violating human rights, dignity and potentially can turn the U.S. into 30s-40s Nazi Germany and reinstitue U.S. built Japanese concentration camp like the 1940's in California, where you actually live??
Dada apni eki bolchen?
Old March 27, 2017, 10:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Whenever we perform below our standards Papon khalu holds a meeting with the team and we get good results right after that.
He is the type of boss our players need.
Old March 27, 2017, 10:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Nasir is a bad example to make a case that its always someone's (BCB in this case) fault. I am neutral to Nasir, don't mind him in ODI team as well as don't mind if he is not in the team (as long as we have a good team).

Nasir should look in the mirror and he will see the main culprit why he lost his slot. He is not extra ordinary talent, but he had some great success in his early career (with the national team) and suddenly he started acting like Tamim and Sakib and started showing his laziness in practice,.... he showed bad attitude to a newly appointed coach who is very strict... suddenly he became from a great fielder to a sloppy one. He himself missed the plot and screwed up his career. Instead of working hard and impressing the new coach, they thought he is already a superstar and showing sign of lethargy and bad habit.

Do you want Nasir instead of Mosaddek? I don't ... now the old days are over. if you are new and young...

Now that he squandered his chance.... he have to work 110% and wait in the line.... he have to make a case why he should be in the team by performing EXTRAORDINARY in the local league. Have he done that? I don't thinks so.

So to Nasir Fans, stop blaming the coach, start blaming you idol i.e. the player himself for not doing enough.

Last edited by Fazal; March 27, 2017 at 12:43 PM..
Old March 27, 2017, 10:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Whenever we perform below our standards Papon khalu holds a meeting with the team and we get good results right after that.
He is the type of boss our players need.
yes. Not only players but the selectors also.

He may not be an ideal President, but based current situation, he is the best suited for BCB.

The other think that Nocturnal already mentioned. Its not the he always interferes, looks like he interferes after giving some room to the selectors to fix themselves and when they fail he steps into. Plus his taking the ownership of two recent cases may be purely to support and save the coach from our media. The rumor was it was the coach ... only Papon came from nowhere and claimed it was his decision.

May be when BCB matured in the future, Papon may not be the right President. But for now.... he looks like hitting all the right buttons.
Old March 27, 2017, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

This is ridiculous. If the board president feels the need to interject in the team selection every other day, then he must feel the selectors aren't doing their job.

He needs to pick selectors that he has faith in. Right now, neither the president nor the selectors are doing their jobs. Incompetence al around.
Old March 27, 2017, 10:34 AM
Cricket Sage

... and still we are winning. Isn't that great? In sports, the end result matters the most.

We fans complain the players suck... the selector sucks.... the president sucks.... the coaches suck..... but still we are winning. May be we the fans sucks.....doesn't know what we want.... we tend to complain too much....when we win we complain.... when we lose we complain.
Old March 27, 2017, 10:42 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Razab bahiyo, apni bolchen ki?
Comparing between a mere game/sport governing body's administrator and the President of the Free(slave) World who is violating human rights, dignity and potentially can turn the U.S. into 30s-40s Nazi Germany and reinstitue U.S. built Japanese concentration camp like the 1940's in California, where you actually live??
Dada apni eki bolchen?
The reason I'm so ticked off is because BCB till now has been the only semi-government or governmental agency Bangladesh has had which had ANY semblance of a professional structure. Our democracy has become a shadow-autocracy or a Begumocracy. Our moderate culture has gotten split into halaqa-bomber types and ugro-secularists. So I'm kinda despondent about all that. But hey Papon is acting like a typical Bangladeshi politician.

What really gets my goat is actually the fact that so many folks on this forum - folks who are VERY well informed in general, and probably represent some of the smartest Bangladeshis out there - are so eager to accept a total breakdown in professionalism on the precept that "hey as long as we are winning". As Jadukor put it so well, it's the short-sightedness on display here on BC that really shocks and dismays me.
Old March 27, 2017, 10:45 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
... and still we are winning. Isn't that great? In sports, the end result matters the most.

We fans complain the players suck... the selector sucks.... the president sucks.... the coaches suck..... but still we are winning. May be we the fans sucks.....doesn't know what we want.... we tend to complain too much....when we win we complain.... when we lose we complain.
I personally have not tended to be on the camp who's been saying our players suck or our coaches suck. We have folks here who are always ready to drop so-and-so and get fresh meat in the team. Not I. Papon has done a fair job of representing our interests at the ICC level - and I give him credit for that. But maybe he's up for election or working on some favors from the PM. His recent interventions in the selection process, if allowed to go unchecked will harm BD cricket. And BTW, it's the critical look you take WHEN you are winning that separates the great sides from so-so ones.
Old March 27, 2017, 10:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

We lost 4 test matches, 3 ODIs and 2 T20s this year and we are only in March 2017.

So we are not 'winning'.

If somehow the Miraz experiment backfired, papon fanboys would now be roasting the coach and selectors.

Papon needs to zip his mouth and do what his job description says. How many times has the BCCI or CA president come on the telly to discuss team selections?
Old March 27, 2017, 10:47 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Razab bhai, why you so pissed with Papon khalu ? Take it easy bhai.
Simon, more than Papon, it's the rank and file BC members willingness to accept autocracy that dismays me. Saying "we are not mature enough for professionalism" just perpetuates the same old same old.
Old March 27, 2017, 10:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
What really gets my goat is actually the fact that so many folks on this forum - folks who are VERY well informed in general, and probably represent some of the smartest Bangladeshis out there - are so eager to accept a total breakdown in professionalism on the precept that "hey as long as we are winning". As Jadukor put it so well, it's the short-sightedness on display here on BC that really shocks and dismays me.
Salam RazabQ,

In my humble opinion they start the assault in the process when they changed the selection process and getting rid of Faruk as he protested. In this forum most of the fans supported and ridiculed Faruk. You may not like Fauruk as a selector, but if you really appreciate "check and balance" and separation of power, we should all support Faruk's stand and his courage to resign. But to my surprise, very few supported Faruk and so many supported the revamped process. At that time, I said that we may get short term gain, but screwing up the process, we will suffer at some point in future.

So I can understand your POV. But I am not sure Papon is doing it just because he thinks he knows more or he is doing this to save coach's a$$ (even the decision may be coach's own not Papon's).

When Senior players make a inner group to protect and protest against exclusion of one of their own (even due to performance reason), that itself is not very professional. Or when mashrafee say he will not go to Srilanka with out Riyad in the team, that itself also is not very professional. Our lack of professionalism is exposed everywhere even when we are winning.... not only in Papon.