facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 21, 2018, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I can excuse Shanto. It's his first tour. But Liton and Mossadek...they have problems man. Mossadek was supposed to be Nasir's replacement. But Nasir was good for many a tour before his form finally declined. Mossadek seems to be a goner. And Liton might actually be a T20 batsman only. No ODI brain at all. When we select guys, how about we select them for only one format?

Old September 21, 2018, 03:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Anamul comes to national team without any footwork. Shanto same problem. My question is why aren't such glaring deficiencies getting rectified BEFORE they are debuting for the national team? The longer they were allowed to play with the same faulty technique, the harder it became to rectify that. So, before blaming Hathuri or any other national team coaches, I will blame the coaching staff of the under 19 side and also the domestic.
Old September 21, 2018, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Indeed.

Both openers and Mossadekk.

I think what the op means new players as in either debut walas, recent debut walas, or those who havent played ODI as much last 2years (in Mominuls case 3years), and are not regulars (period of last 3years).

Clearly Litton Das is a definite hack, and all the hype is a waste over him. He had a brilliant T20 knock but hey guess what? That is another format not ODI. Check his ODI it’s pathetic. Whereas Sarkars, Sabbirs, Nasirs, even Anamuls did well at the beginning of their careers and passed the eye test. But none of this group of players that is: Mossadekk, Das, Shanto, Mominul, Mithun even give you that indication at all nor any strong vibes they’ll do some sort of a wonder within day 3 ODI. And word on Mominul, don’t give me any cr.p about him not playing ODI regular hence why he failed, look at his overal ODI stats not one impact whereas the ones I’ve mentioned who passed the eye test early on have made big impacts. Key is early (1-10match) IMPACT and IMPACTS! In general.

Like I said. Whether early or not, trust with these lot Liton, Shanto at top, Mithun in the middle and Mossa down the order. Bangladesh will lose to Ireland, Zimbabwe, Scotland away from home often.
Old September 21, 2018, 03:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I agree Liton and shantu are both garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Indeed.

I think what the op means new players as in either debut walas, recent debut walas, or those who havent played ODI as much last 2years (in Mominuls case 3years), and are not regulars (period of last 3years).

Clearly Litton Das is a definite hack, and all the hype is a waste over him. He had a brilliant T20 knock but hey guess what? That is another format not ODI. Check his ODI it’s pathetic. Whereas Sarkars, Sabbirs, Nasirs, even Anamuls did well at the beginning of their careers and passed the eye test. But none of this group of players that is: Mossadekk, Das, Shanto, Mominul, Mithun even give you that indication at all nor any strong vibes they’ll do some sort of a wonder within day 3 ODI. And word on Mominul, don’t give me any cr.p about him not playing ODI regular hence why he failed, look at his overal ODI stats not one impact whereas the ones I’ve mentioned who passed the eye test early on have made big impacts. Key is early (1-10match) IMPACT and IMPACTS! In general.

Like I said. Whether early or not, trust with these lot Liton, Shanto at top, Mithun in the middle and Mossa down the order. Bangladesh will lose to Ireland, Zimbabwe, Scotland away from home often.
Old September 21, 2018, 03:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Indeed.

Mithun looks like a hack to me as well.
Old September 21, 2018, 03:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Time to bring Shahriar Nafees back.
Old September 21, 2018, 04:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Code Red

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 21, 2018, 04:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

The younger players aren't hard-working enough and don't have the mentality. I think the bowlers can do fine but our younger batsmen need to step up. The only one who can make of something is Mosaddek.

Also, guys like Tamim, Shakib and Mushfiq were given a lot of chances. Tamim started off with an average of 21.66 in hsi first year (21 games), Mahmudullah less than 27 in two years with a strike rate of 65, Mushfiq averaged less than 20 in his first 3 years and only Shakib started off well with the bat.

What we should do is give the A team more games against quality opposition and not Ireland A. Games against teams like India A or B (as good as their A team), Australia A and such will benefit a lot more than those games.
Old September 21, 2018, 04:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I think we have had some players out of the top 4 who have been great. Like Shabbir, Sarkar and Mustafiz, Mehedy the Fizz being the most consistent.

Issues are usually after a few innings and stardom they start relaxing and focus on off field things.
I think we have extremely poor mentoring as well. And overall all players lack discipline and have poor professional ethic bar one or two players.

You guys might disagree but we need a strong disciplinarian coach like Haturi who can manage egos and get players more professionals.

We dont need rubbish type coaches like Walsh in the side.
Sarkar averaged 8 in his last 6 ODI and he started to fail under Haturi too but yet Haturi selected him due to favoritism, same goes for Sabbir who averaged 11 in ODI this year. They had a few good performances to start with but then declined. Liton Das has outright failed in the ODI team. The thing is natural talent can only take you so far. What we need isn't Haturi but rather someone like Pakistan's coach. I saw him make players do pushups because they did play a poor shot in training. This takes out all those poor shots from them and makes them used to the pressure.
Old September 21, 2018, 04:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I Just dont understand Mossadek's position in the team
Do you like always blame Mosaddek for everything when there were worse performances?
Old September 21, 2018, 04:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
Time to bring Shahriar Nafees back.
fairytale story: from Cricinfo Video Commentator to Bangladesh national team.
Old September 21, 2018, 04:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
How the hell is Nasir not in the set up?

For what reason? Some of these bums, arent half as fit as him
Nasir Hossain is not the answer. He was tried and he has severe disciplinary issues that team management has kept hidden for a good period of time. His recent performances have not been very promising either. He has good domestic record but he has other issues he needs to rectify first.
Old September 21, 2018, 05:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

What they should be doing is more A team cricket against better opposition. National team is going to Australia, then let’s send an A team tour at the same time playing aus A. National team is off to South Africa then send the A team as well, series coming up in India, guess what the A team can play there as well.

It’s a combination of a bunch of things. Players aren’t necessarily as professional as the could be, they aren’t as focused on the game as they should be, they aren’t determined enough and they aren’t technically skilled enough, there decision making also sucks which is part maturity as a person, knowing their game and match practice.

Coaching isn’t great at the lower levels in BD, it’s not that hard to get into a DPL team or BPL team or NCL team, then to get to the A team or national team it’s not that hard either and there isn’t enough A team cricket to bridge the gap in level between domestic cricket and international cricket.

In fact I’ve been thinking up this idea for awhile, if a country is struggling (can do it even if not struggling) with its national team, first step would be more A team cricket imo, but why can’t B tours be organised as well? I think the A team should almost always have series paralleling the national team and then there should also be some B team tours (not as many as the A team). Then there needs to be the HP unit and they need to go on tours against decent opposition as well. Other thing is get Bangladesh into the emerging player tournaments, i don’t remember seeing a BD emerging team play when the other emerging teams get together and play.

Also whilst Ireland and Afghanistan are still not playing a lot of tests get BD A team to play them in 4-day cricket, get the A and B team to play teams like Scotland, Netherlands, Nepal, UAE, Oman etc in one day cricket (50 over and 20 over).

There is heaps that can be done.

If you can’t make it tough to get into domestic teams and if you can’t get good coaching at the domestic level and lower then make sure you set up levels between the domestic structure and the national team.

If players have to work hard from an early age to break into the domestic teams then that will instill work ethic which they should carry on once they hit the national team. Coaches and management of these teams need to really drill work ethic and focus into players. Work on their skills not just in the nets, I believe practice in the middle is vital so organise a ton of practice games. You also need knowledgeable dedicated coaches.
Old September 21, 2018, 06:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
Do you like always blame Mosaddek for everything when there were worse performances?
First ask yourself what is Mossadek role in the team and how has he performed.
Old September 21, 2018, 06:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Sarkar averaged 8 in his last 6 ODI and he started to fail under Haturi too but yet Haturi selected him due to favoritism, same goes for Sabbir who averaged 11 in ODI this year. They had a few good performances to start with but then declined. Liton Das has outright failed in the ODI team. The thing is natural talent can only take you so far. What we need isn't Haturi but rather someone like Pakistan's coach. I saw him make players do pushups because they did play a poor shot in training. This takes out all those poor shots from them and makes them used to the pressure.
I have to draw a line somewhere. I really don’t have time to clarity things to you all the time.

you took half of what I said and made a conclusion as always when you quote me.
Old September 21, 2018, 06:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Sobor. They will come good. Two more games to show for. Win those two, we will have an extra game to see their talent. I am not giving up hope. It takes time to adjust. One must have patience. If we start chopping and changing we would be going back to the 00's.
Although I highlighted some of the reasons for why our juniors are failing...I also agree with this post. Guys like Shanto and Mosaddek should be persisted with and not dropped after 1 or 2 bad games. They should also be played in the proper position. Mosaddek is a top order batsmen, not a 6/7 finisher. Shanto should be at first drop, not opening.

We also have to remember that the scheduling has been least kind to BD...that and with so many injuries (Tamim, Shakib) it will be hard to adjust especially in totally foreign conditions.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 22, 2018, 03:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
First ask yourself what is Mossadek role in the team and how has he performed.
He is a middle-order batsman who comes in after Mahmudullah. He should be coming ahead of him and Mahmudullah should be coming after him. Mosaddek did well to handle Rashid in the last ODI when our players panicked every ball he bowled.
Old September 22, 2018, 03:10 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Shanto has a lot of years ahead of him. He can be developed into a good cricketer. He is just not at the level to face the quality of India right now. We need to try him again against Zimbabwe and give him an extended run if tamim is not fit. At least he didn't play like a coward like Mosaddek did and tried to break the shackles. His shot selection will improve as he develops but I liked his attitude to take on the bowlers even though it was naive
Old September 22, 2018, 03:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
He is a middle-order batsman who comes in after Mahmudullah. He should be coming ahead of him and Mahmudullah should be coming after him. Mosaddek did well to handle Rashid in the last ODI when our players panicked every ball he bowled.
Lol you call that a good performance by Mossa?
Even Jeff Boycots grandma can go into the block safe mode and face waste some amount of balls.

If one calls him a good spin playing batsmen. Heck even Hasan Ali came on first ball banged a six against Rashid Khan. But we make a big deal just playing him well like a test style. Its come to this low...
Old September 22, 2018, 03:17 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
His FC stats are very good and he can be in the test squad. He can play 100 dots in that format and it will not be harmful to the team.
Old September 22, 2018, 03:19 AM
Cricket Legend

I’ve said it before and will clear it again.

Mossadekk should not be in the LOI team if Miraz and Mahmudullah are in, there is no place for Mossadekk. It’s like taking 3Allrounders or say batters who can bowl a bit than gen bowler or gen batsmen.
Mossadekk is wasting a spot for no good, he is never a below 6 batsmen, if he’s is to play for BD ODI team he has to find a spot in the top 5 but hey guess what? That is locked and sealed so no chance unless they have rest or injured. So sorry pal, go work on your game and come back next time (maybe after WC 2019).
What Mossa does bats a bit bowls a bit, Mahmudullah does it better - so why needing a mini Mullah? Mullah too isnt in form lately. Bangladesh needs a power hitter after Mullah, missing Sabbir here. Ariful for now will do, needs few chances to showcase his power hitting and he has shown us what he do with the bat in BPL.
Old September 22, 2018, 05:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I’ve said it before and will clear it again.

Mossadekk should not be in the LOI team if Miraz and Mahmudullah are in, there is no place for Mossadekk. It’s like taking 3Allrounders or say batters who can bowl a bit than gen bowler or gen batsmen.
Mossadekk is wasting a spot for no good, he is never a below 6 batsmen, if he’s is to play for BD ODI team he has to find a spot in the top 5 but hey guess what? That is locked and sealed so no chance unless they have rest or injured. So sorry pal, go work on your game and come back next time (maybe after WC 2019).
What Mossa does bats a bit bowls a bit, Mahmudullah does it better - so why needing a mini Mullah? Mullah too isnt in form lately. Bangladesh needs a power hitter after Mullah, missing Sabbir here. Ariful for now will do, needs few chances to showcase his power hitting and he has shown us what he do with the bat in BPL.
And who gets ahead of him, Nasir Hossain or Sabbir! Unless you can find a better batsman in his spot, he should be in the squad. Mosaddek is also better with the ball as Mahmudullah was when he started his career and is very young and will only improve. Ariful is more of a power-hitter and unless Miraz steps up or we try in a batting pace all-rounder, he shouldn't come in.
Old September 22, 2018, 05:41 AM
Cricket Guru

And here I was trying to reasses myself. Some guys just try to pick a debate for no reason
Old September 22, 2018, 05:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

There is still time to fix the future. Liton, Shanto, Mosaddek is only 23, 20 and 22 respectively.

They need to be groomed well, tested a lot.
They need to play lot's of competitive A team matches.

Soumya is the best out of the current crop of youngsters in my opinion.
Yes, he has problems also, but it's mostly his mental weakness.
Old September 22, 2018, 06:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
There is still time to fix the future. Liton, Shanto, Mosaddek is only 23, 20 and 22 respectively.

They need to be groomed well, tested a lot.
They need to play lot's of competitive A team matches.

Soumya is the best out of the current crop of youngsters in my opinion.
Yes, he has problems also, but it's mostly his mental weakness.
Let's not forget the amount of matches Tamim, Mushy, Shakib etc took before they really started to perform. It took them nearly 3 years plus to start performing consistently for the team. If you look at ODI.

Tamim (28), Mushy (23), Shakib (32) averages from 2007 to 2010.

Yes, it's true the current crop of players have better facilities. But our seniors grow up playing in the national team, facing world class players over the years. Having great facilities and facing quality bowlers consistently is different, it makes you better.