facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 6, 2007, 09:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Bangladesh 153 (46 ov)
Zimbabwe 156/2 (35.2 ov)
Match over

Old February 6, 2007, 09:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

bashars ability to make correct decision is close to zero so i don't blame him for choosing to bat first. but why did our batsman fail to bat 50 overs. it wasn't that worse pitch. zimbabwe batted easily.
Old February 6, 2007, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Either Rafique or Mehrab is injured and couldn't finish his over. Rafique bowled 7.1 overs while Mehrab bowled 3.1. My guess is Rafique since I saw Mehrab bowling till the end.
Old February 6, 2007, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Hablu didn't let Mashrafee bowl his full quota of 10 overs. He was bowling well, look at his bowling figure in 7 overs he only gave 17 runs
Old February 6, 2007, 09:58 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
Naaah, we just overestimated our abilities - we thought that we've become Australia after whitewashing Kenya at home and overseas, whitewashing Zimbabwe at home and then whitewashing Scotland at home.
exactly...
Heheheh..Wasn't it you who opened a thread mentioning our middle order problem is solved? Don't make me laugh.

yeah,those were funny threads.
Old February 6, 2007, 10:01 AM
Club Cricketer

a bad day in the office...but the fact that it was a convincing loss worries me
Old February 6, 2007, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
perhaps you can't read english...but the thread clearly had a "?" after the word solved. just like your above post. but isn't it ridiculous to say that you think our batting problem is solved? wow, look 'batting problem', 'solved', "?" again. i must have said it again. further you didn't read the post. normally this wouldn't be a problem, but you have made 2 or 3 rude, and ill-advised comments about that thread already. if you did, you would realize that the material was described very poorly the title of the post. the thread concluded that ash, alok, and saqib are our 3 best batsmen at rotating the strike. and that was general theme of that thread, whatever the title led you or mislead you to think (i admit, the thread title was misleading but i can't edit it now, otherwise i would have).

i understand everyone is bit upset about losing to this star-studded zimbabwe team, but honestly, its not my fault. yes i'm quite optimistic on this thread, and perhaps overly so, but i do that to balance out the constant stream of negativity seeping from many members.

and guess what? what good did all your pessimism do? you're (all of the naysayers) still more crushed from this and other losses than me. and if you don't think i can criticize our boys please read the post i just made 5 minutes ago.

Asaad
I have nothing personal against you. I did post twice in that thread but it was not attacking you. I don't think I was rude but if I hurt you then I say sorry. I didn't mean it that way.

I did not provide any ill advise at all. Don't take me worng here.

I am not a pessimist and my words were true, I believe everyone understands after this idiotic loss. I wanted to say that middle order can not be judged until you face a good opposition. My latest statement was 'pls don't make me laugh'. You might think I was laughing at you but it is not like that.

I believe we will remain as friendly as we were.Thank you.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 6, 2007, 10:21 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Wake up call

Perhaps this is a wake up call before the world cup. I think the batting order needs to be changed a little bit.
Old February 6, 2007, 10:35 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Well, like always, I can see mistakes made by everybody after a loss. Now I'm thinking - our selection of the 15 was not right - there's no way that we can expect to get some good results in the World Cup with the current line up. And there was a complete lack of communication between the Chief Selector and the Team Management.

Like somebody pointed it out - why take 14 / 15 players when we're gonna play only the same eleven? And what was the point of calling this tour a World Cup preparation tour?
Old February 6, 2007, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

these results are simply outrageous. really don't know what to say. we better win the next two comfortably.
Old February 6, 2007, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

I dont know what to say.........This is Pathetic! This is not just a convincing victory, its a thrashing! I knew we would be brought down to earth in this series........ This just proves that we are not Australia, we cant afford to leave good players out simply because of a lack of experience. Take out the person whos not performing, replace him with the one who is. Its that Simple! Bring in Tamim
Old February 6, 2007, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Well, like always, I can see mistakes made by everybody after a loss. Now I'm thinking - our selection of the 15 was not right - there's no way that we can expect to get some good results in the World Cup with the current line up. And there was a complete lack of communication between the Chief Selector and the Team Management.

Like somebody pointed it out - why take 14 / 15 players when we're gonna play only the same eleven? And what was the point of calling this tour a World Cup preparation tour?
The main intention is to make a perfect combination for the WC. You have to have 15 players in a foreign tour because if any of them is injured you got to replace him.

If everyone plays out of 15 then you can't get the best eleven. Is it right? We need a stable team. That's why playing all 15 players theory doesn't work here.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 6, 2007, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Bring in Tushar and Tamim instead of Ash and Mehrab.
Old February 6, 2007, 11:24 AM
Test Cricketer

I don't get it SN and Mehrab Jr. scored 100+ run in leagues few days ago, and now they can't barely score. None of our start batsmen can stay in crease and score 35+ runs and you call them automatic choice...Bashar scored 70+ run and next day was out for a duck. Ashraful coming at lower middle order and still got out miserably. What on earth will make these players play sensibly.
If Zimb can bat (Sibanda did), what's wrong with our batters. BCB should have realized long time ago about our batting deficiencies and but did nothing to bring a batting specialized coach. And the way Rajib is bowling, I wonder how muc he will concede in world cup in his openning spell.
All of a sudden, we are going back to 2003 WC stage, what a shame all countries improve we just go down!!!
Old February 6, 2007, 11:37 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I agree wholeheartedly with BangladeshCricket that suddenly we've gone back to the World Cup 2003 stage - or perhaps even before that - like the times when we used to be happy scoring just 150s in ODIs.
Old February 6, 2007, 11:39 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly with BangladeshCricket that suddenly we've gone back to the World Cup 2003 stage - or perhaps even before that - like the times when we used to be happy scoring just 150s in ODIs.
WOW!! The time machine is wobbling

Will bring us back to 2007 standard on 9th February
Old February 6, 2007, 11:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Well our star batsmen didn't really perform in the Premier league either. So some people may get surprised but it was bound to happen.
Old February 6, 2007, 11:46 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Check this match report from tigercricket, more worries ahead.

Quote:

Rafique injured as Bangladesh go down by 8 wickets
TigerCricket.com Report
06-February-2007

Mohammed Rafique was carried off the field with a broken nose as Bangladesh suffered an ignominious 8-wicket defeat at the hands of Zimbabwe in the second match of the Croco Motors ODI Series at the Harare Sports Club today (Tuesday).

Rafique was hurt when he collided with Zimbabwe’s top-scorer Vusi Sibanda (93 not out) in his follow-through. The impact left the veteran Bangladesh spinner bleeding from the nose and he was immediately taken to a hospital for X-ray, according to team management sources.

The loss ended Bangladesh’s 8-game winning streak against the home side. Batting first Bangladesh never recovered from the dismissals of openers Shahriar Nafees Ahmed and Mehrab Hossain (Jr.) with just 5 on the board. Rafique’s innings of 40 and a gritty 27 from wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim just about enabled the Tigers to cross 150 (153 in 46 overs) on a reportedly placid wicket.

Zimbabwe were never in any hurry but Bangladesh lost a golden opportunity to put some early pressure when Terrence Duffin (34) on zero was dropped by Mehrab in Mashrafe Bin Mortaza’s opening over. Zimbabwe reached home in 35.2 overs. The teams now head for back to back games on February 9 and 10.

Bangladeshi dismissals

1. Shahriar Nafees – Caught at 2nd slip by Sibanda of Chris Mpofu

2. Mehrab Hossain (Jr.) – Caught at fine leg by Duffin off Mpofu after attempting a hook.

3. Aftab Ahmed – Caught at square leg by Prosper Utseya off Gary Brent following a flick shot

4. Shakib Al Hasan – Caught by Hamilton Masakadza off Brent at mid-off after attempting to turn the ball towards leg.

5. Habibul Bashar – Bowled by Brent off an inside edge after he tried to let the ball go.

6. Mohammad Ashraful – Attempted an inside out drive and was caught behind by Brendan Taylor off Sean Williams.

7. Mushfiqur Rahim – Caught at long leg by Debengwa off Williams trying to accelerate.

8. Mashrafe Mortaza – Stumped by Taylor off Williams after he was beaten by turn and bounce.

9. Mohammed Rafique – Caught and bowled as he tried to pull Brent.

10. Shahadat Hossain – Lbw to a full length ball from Anthony Ireland.
Old February 6, 2007, 11:49 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Too bad, Mehrab dropped Duffin when he was 0.

Mehrab is definitely out for the next match. Now, why young players like Mehrab and SN drop catches and it was a placid pitch.
Old February 6, 2007, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
5. Habibul Bashar – Bowled by Brent off an inside edge after he tried to let the ball go.
Quote:
3. Aftab Ahmed – Caught at square leg by Prosper Utseya off Gary Brent following a flick shot
Sounds familiar.
Old February 6, 2007, 12:07 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Rafiq's injury will be a huge blow.

I am praying so that he can be fit ahead of WC. His Zim tour is probably over.
Old February 6, 2007, 12:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Its just a nose we are talking. I am pretty sure he will be ok before WC. Actually I think he will be back in this series.
Old February 6, 2007, 01:12 PM
Test Cricketer

We need chacha back as our Manager. Chacha is an awesome manager. He is unbeaten I think as manger.
Old February 6, 2007, 01:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Ohh.....Now we are loosing against Zimb....while most of us was almost sure of beating India and/or SriLanka in WC (read another thread abt WC preparation). Funny very funny.....
Old February 6, 2007, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
We need chacha back as our Manager. Chacha is an awesome manager. He is unbeaten I think as manger.
And Miraz bhai should be fired