facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 6, 2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Only positive I can get out of this loss is Bangladesh will be more prepared next time and will stop thinking they are way better than Zim.
thats a good thing! in odi, every day is a new day and anybody can win like we beat australia before!! there is no place for "ki holum re!" type monobhab, period.

Old February 6, 2007, 09:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Bangladesh 153 (46 ov)
Zimbabwe 147/2 (33.0 ov)

so we are going to loose by 8 wickets
Old February 6, 2007, 09:14 AM
Test Cricketer

I'd say it's pretty much wrapped up

Zimbabwe 147/2 (33.0 ov)

Zimbabwe require another 7 runs with 8 wickets and 17.0 overs remaining
Zimbabwe RR 4.45
Old February 6, 2007, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Get ready for another World Cup fiasco.
Old February 6, 2007, 09:18 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Zimbabwe played really well.

Congrats to their boys for this win after 14 consecutive defeats. No one else except BD fans will better understand the pain of losing continuously.

Now, its time to regroup. Players and team management should sit together and try to find out, what went horribly wrong? As I said previously, another series loss to Zimbabwe would mean Bangladesh has achieved almost nothing in last one year.
Old February 6, 2007, 09:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

we should have kicked out ashraful long ago. he has become total useless.
Old February 6, 2007, 09:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Only positive I can get out of this loss is Bangladesh will be more prepared next time and will stop thinking they are way better than Zim.
after having beaten them 8 straight times, we are still way better than zim. just wait for the next 2 matches.

or was it zimbabwe who had beaten us 8 straight times?

but hats off to zimbabwe...

and we have some major works to do before the wc

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 6, 2007, 09:22 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

OK - what were the mistakes made by us today? Winning the toss and deciding to bat first was obviously the first mistake. What were the other mistakes?
Old February 6, 2007, 09:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
Naaah, we just overestimated our abilities - we thought that we've become Australia after whitewashing Kenya at home and overseas, whitewashing Zimbabwe at home and then whitewashing Scotland at home.
exactly...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 6, 2007, 09:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Only positive I can see is Rafiq's batting which was over due for a while.

The negative, they will play the same team upto the 4th ODI and thereby there will be less chance for Tamim, Sharif, Tapash and Tushar to play in this series.
Old February 6, 2007, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
thats a good thing! in odi, every day is a new day and anybody can win like we beat australia before!! there is no place for "ki holum re!" type monobhab, period.
True. But we are not Australia! We have not done anything that the world will say that this is an upset caused by Zimababwe. They will say Bangladesh is not that good and have not improved.

So people will continue to underestimate us. Sad thing is we could not proved that we do not belong in the second tier of the ranking.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 6, 2007, 09:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

did we loose yet?

looking forward for the next match.
Old February 6, 2007, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
exactly...
Heheheh..Wasn't it you who opened a thread mentioning our middle order problem is solved? Don't make me laugh.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 6, 2007, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

just a bad day, I wont call them pathetic yet. InshAllah BD will come back stronger than ever .....
Old February 6, 2007, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
after having beaten them 8 straight times, we are still way better than zim. just wait for the next 2 matches.

or was it zimbabwe who had beaten us 8 straight times?

but hats off to zimbabwe...

and we have some major works to do before the wc
Its one thing to be better than some side and totally another thing to be complecent about it... I don't want our team to take them lightly... now its time to get back to work.
Old February 6, 2007, 09:27 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

1 comparison from yesterday and today's match in both teams is definitely V Sibanda's 83 - our batsman have to start scoring 100s if we ever want to become a team to be respected by all.
Old February 6, 2007, 09:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Heheheh..Wasn't it you who opened a thread mentioning our middle order problem is solved? Don't make me laugh.
Old February 6, 2007, 09:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
OK - what were the mistakes made by us today? Winning the toss and deciding to bat first was obviously the first mistake. What were the other mistakes?
judging by the outcome (no CI bulletin, no TV)...zimbabwe scoring freely and only losing 2 wickets, i would say our hablu mia F'ed us big time from start with a horribly defensive field.

sibanda scored big, but anyone can do that anytime. its the manner in which he scored. 80+, not out, with just 5 boundaries (1 sixer) means he got 60+ runs from running singles between the wicket. that means hablu spread the field out as soon as the 10 over restriction was over. duffin started slowly, and i'll bet sibanda did too.

our hablu is a wuss who never TRIED to defend 150. against a team like zimbabwe, you should get more than 2 wickets anytime you're defending more than a 100.

batsman should be blamed 1st, and hablu the great wussy skipper foremost.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 6, 2007, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I won't call it as mistake. True that batting was a bit difficult early in the morning but the pitch was playable for sure. And Zim proved it already.

I don't know whats going on as there was no live feed.

Old February 6, 2007, 09:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

ODI is ODI..

I am not worried about the team. Just need to fix some stuff.
1. Openning pair.
2. Shadat is too expensive even with week team who know what will jaysuria and ganguli, tendu will do to him.
3. ashrafull needs to do a little more than what he is doing. I want a 30+ inning every time he comes in. Dropping him is not an option. cause the new player who ever would come will not score even 20.

Today the biggest mistake we did was playing the whole team. we should have played some reserve player now. the reserve players will not get a chance as bd will try to win the series. so how is this helping us preparing for the WCif We can't try out all the 15?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 6, 2007, 09:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Horrible performance before world cup and it proves how fragile we are. Stop feeling like tiger when we don't even have a claw and rather roaring we complain and don't work hard. The batsmen are making same mistakes over and over again.
It's very alarming the way our batsmen are playing there is no way we can have a good fight in WC. We should limit our expectations rather focus of hardwork and improvement. Is that in their genes, that they repeatedly make the same mistakes!!!
Old February 6, 2007, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Scoring 153 against Zim is totally unacceptable. Aftab, Sakib and Ashraful got starts but failed to play a big innings. Pathetic!!! Hablu mia is back to his form after scoring a half century. Opening didn't click for the first time in a long time and totally exposed our middle order and our middle order failed to respond to the challenge.
Old February 6, 2007, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
judging by the outcome (no CI bulletin, no TV)...zimbabwe scoring freely and only losing 2 wickets, i would say our hablu mia F'ed us big time from start with a horribly defensive field.

sibanda scored big, but anyone can do that anytime. its the manner in which he scored. 80+, not out, with just 5 boundaries (1 sixer) means he got 60+ runs from running singles between the wicket. that means hablu spread the field out as soon as the 10 over restriction was over. duffin started slowly, and i'll bet sibanda did too.

our hablu is a wuss who never TRIED to defend 150. against a team like zimbabwe, you should get more than 2 wickets anytime you're defending more than a 100.

batsman should be blamed 1st, and hablu the great wussy skipper foremost.
Few good points. I didn't see the batsman's score. So Hablu is as usual. He is learning nothing.

The question I want to ask Dave Whamore is does he help Bashar at all? Match after match day after day they are playing so Dave should teach him some basics of captaincy. You just can't spread the field when you are defending 150+. This is pathetic.

Old February 6, 2007, 09:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
perhaps you can't read english...but the thread clearly had a "?" after the word solved. just like your above post. but isn't it ridiculous to say that you think our batting problem is solved? wow, look 'batting problem', 'solved', "?" again. i must have said it again. further you didn't read the post. normally this wouldn't be a problem, but you have made 2 or 3 rude, and ill-advised comments about that thread already. if you did, you would realize that the material was described very poorly the title of the post. the thread concluded that ash, alok, and saqib are our 3 best batsmen at rotating the strike. and that was general theme of that thread, whatever the title led you or mislead you to think (i admit, the thread title was misleading but i can't edit it now, otherwise i would have).

i understand everyone is bit upset about losing to this star-studded zimbabwe team, but honestly, its not my fault. yes i'm quite optimistic on this thread, and perhaps overly so, but i do that to balance out the constant stream of negativity seeping from many members.

and guess what? what good did all your pessimism do? you're (all of the naysayers) still more crushed from this and other losses than me. and if you don't think i can criticize our boys please read the post i just made 5 minutes ago.

Asaad

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 6, 2007, 09:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Why did we choose to bat first? Ash should go and bring Sharif. I just can't beleive what they did??