facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 26, 2011, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
His technique still needs some work and he is prone to making silly errors while batting like that huge edge off Cheema which was dropped, he got nowhere near the ball and just slashed at it. However I just read the Shakib genuine Bangladeshi all-rounder thread which was opened in 2008. People wrote off Shakib because of his faulty batting technique. I don't want to make the same mistake with Nasir. He is showing good signs and deserves to be nurtured and I'm sure he will emerge as a very good International cricketer if he keeps working hard.
Good positive post equinox.Nasir looked really poor during batting.Just good hand eye coordination saves him.He is not ready for test cricket.But ok at lower middle order in short format.
Few days back i red a interview of Nasir at Prothom Alo.That was a positive interview.There he said that he want to improve his bowling.To me thats a good idea.To improve batting technique needs time but slight improvement in his bowling can cement his position in short format team.
Nasir is a very young smart guy,so i am also hopeful like you that he will also emerge like right hand version of Shakib.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Old December 26, 2011, 10:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^Nasir is ahead of where Shakib was at this stage of his career. In fact Nasir's technique is not as bad as Shakib's when he started. So there is good reason to be bullish on Nasir. My only worry is that Shakib had a brilliant technician in Siddons to work with. I am not confident that Law can be as helpful for Nasir. I just hope he realises that he has to improve continuously to become the right-handed Shakib. He will have to work hard and independently, get whatever he can out of the coaching staff, the senior players and from International players in between series'. Language barrier might be a problem. However from what I've seen of him so far he does indeed look like a smart and confident young guy who is determined to make a name for himself. Good to know he is working on improving his bowling. My personal targets for him are to average 40 with the bat in Test cricket and around 35 in ODIs. And with the ball: Under 40 in Tests and around the 30 mark in ODIs. I think he very capable of achieving that.
Old December 26, 2011, 11:12 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^i dont understand u guys..when shakib started odis he played in number 4 and had an avg of 40+ and that time i always felt relaxed when he came to batting..i didn't any technique flaw with shakib back then..its now he looks like more getting out then before
Old December 26, 2011, 11:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I dont care if Nasir doesn't become a good bowler, we badly need a good batsman,if NAsir can do that then I'll be more than happy
Old December 26, 2011, 11:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
^i dont understand u guys..when shakib started odis he played in number 4 and had an avg of 40+ and that time i always felt relaxed when he came to batting..i didn't any technique flaw with shakib back then..its now he looks like more getting out then before
sakib was a sitting duck against the short balls and his legside was also kinda lockup then.u may felt relaxed then bcoz he wasnt "THE SHAKIB " which he is right now .
Old December 26, 2011, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
^Nasir is ahead of where Shakib was at this stage of his career. In fact Nasir's technique is not as bad as Shakib's when he started. So there is good reason to be bullish on Nasir. My only worry is that Shakib had a brilliant technician in Siddons to work with. I am not confident that Law can be as helpful for Nasir. I just hope he realises that he has to improve continuously to become the right-handed Shakib. He will have to work hard and independently, get whatever he can out of the coaching staff, the senior players and from International players in between series'. Language barrier might be a problem. However from what I've seen of him so far he does indeed look like a smart and confident young guy who is determined to make a name for himself. Good to know he is working on improving his bowling. My personal targets for him are to average 40 with the bat in Test cricket and around 35 in ODIs. And with the ball: Under 40 in Tests and around the 30 mark in ODIs. I think he very capable of achieving that.
Averaging under 30 in ODI !! In that case only his bowling will be able to make a place for him in ODI.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 26, 2011, 12:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Are you serious? Shakib is a much more solid batsman now than when he started. He gets firmly behind the ball when playing his shots. Back in the day he played away from his body a lot and relied a lot on his hand-eye co-ordination. The 40 average was thanks to centuries v Bermuda and Canada. Siddons deserves a lot of credit for improving Shakib's technique.
Old January 19, 2012, 03:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

This Baal Perm League has only one possible outcome. The end of Nasir Hossain. Since we like to compare him with Shakib already, lets compare where Shak was in his early days. Not earning $$, or playing T20.

Just like IPL did to India, BPL will also destroy our test, we will suck even more.
Old January 19, 2012, 07:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
This Baal Perm League has only one possible outcome. The end of Nasir Hossain. Since we like to compare him with Shakib already, lets compare where Shak was in his early days. Not earning $$, or playing T20.

Just like IPL did to India, BPL will also destroy our test, we will suck even more.
ekdom shotto kotha !!!! They are just spoiling the new generation of our cricket !!! pathetic..
Old January 20, 2012, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

dilu, i agree man! bpl niye i dont have any complains but age first class thik kore pore bpl chalu koruk! na, first classer hush nai ekhane ipl er baaje verson banaite ashche. nevertheless, it's happening and since it's bd cricket, i will be following it very closely
Old January 20, 2012, 11:18 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
unlike india we already suck everywhere...how can we suck even more
Old January 20, 2012, 12:09 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:

I hate T20 to begin with but I think we need this kind of a tournament to boost our economy and improve our negative frame of mind.

We are crying our hearts out for training facilities and pitches. If managed properly(the key word is IF), with the revenue that we'll get from BPL, I am hopeful that within 4-5 years we don’t have to worry about training facilities anymore. All the divisional grounds will have world class indoor facilities and sporting wickets. IPL has changed India's training facilities and infrastructure. BPL has the potential to do the same for us.

Sharing the same dressing room with class players ( I am upset to see lack of stars in this BPL. Murli, Jayasuria, Gibbs are nothing but dead horse) will do wonders to our young guys. I hope after playing in BPL, our players will go to international matches with die hard attitude. They wont loose it before the game even started. They'll fight till the end and that’s something we have been yearning for so long..

But all the $$ BPL will generate and exposures our players will get will mean nothing if they don’t do something about the NCL. That’s the father, mother, root or whatever you want to call it. Lack of money was an excuse on BCB's part so far. I want to see what maneuver they'll come up with this time ....

Old January 29, 2012, 03:31 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

My first shot at avatars with "pixelmator." Again, very limited options. Free for use
Old January 29, 2012, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^ nice dilu!
Old January 29, 2012, 11:11 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:

My first shot at avatars with "pixelmator." Again, very limited options. Free for use
nice..u r very good with editing
Old January 29, 2012, 11:39 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:

Since you said free to use, i will have it as my avatar. thanks bro! great work
Old January 29, 2012, 11:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Nasir'er form hothath dudh-bhat hoye gelo keno?
Old January 29, 2012, 11:43 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Nasir'er form hothath dudh-bhat hoye gelo keno?
When? where? is DPL? does it matter? No. As long as he performs in INT cricket i don't have no complain if scores 10 ducks in dpl/bpl or ncl.

dpl/ncl bully ki je kore int level, eita onek dekhchi
Old January 29, 2012, 12:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

After all NAsir is our next Sakib so it's quite normal that he isn't scoring runs in DPL.
Old January 29, 2012, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
After all NAsir is our next Sakib so it's quite normal that he isn't scoring runs in DPL.
That's exactly what I was thinking !! .. He is following Shakib blindly, that is not taking DPL seriously. Don't know whether it's good or bad
Old January 29, 2012, 01:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

lol at DPL bully. The name comes to my mind is Mahmudullah.
Old January 29, 2012, 07:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
When? where? is DPL? does it matter? No. As long as he performs in INT cricket i don't have no complain if scores 10 ducks in dpl/bpl or ncl.

dpl/ncl bully ki je kore int level, eita onek dekhchi
While it's more important to perform at the international stage, it's still important to perform in domestics. Class players should be performing wherever they're playing. So just because Nasir has done well in international games, it doesn't mean that he should just have a free pass and not perform in the DPL. There should be no excuse for him for not performing in the DPL especially the way he scored against such good bowling attacks at the highest level. It just shows that while Nasir is a good player, he still needs to mature more.
Old January 29, 2012, 07:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
That's exactly what I was thinking !! .. He is following Shakib blindly, that is not taking DPL seriously. Don't know whether it's good or bad
Shakib's the 2nd highest wicket taker in the league. So he's doing really well with the ball.
Old January 29, 2012, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Shakib's the 2nd highest wicket taker in the league. So he's doing really well with the ball.
I know that.Though now Shakib came down to 5th position . Anyways his batting was really disappointing. Don't know what he will do in BPL and Asia cup. Nasir is having a disappointing DPL as well and both of them are playing for Khulna ... that's where I am getting worried !!
Old January 30, 2012, 12:03 AM
Cricket Guru

^Actually he's tied for 2nd. I'm not really worried about his batting form though to be honest. For some reason he doesn't bat very well in domestics but does really well once it comes to international matches.