facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 30, 2005, 04:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

guys relax...this guy is just a tamer, white version of amit.

at least he's not saying "i am a HUGE BD fan, btw, BD sucks and will get clobbered this summer. you guys are worthless and should worship the sun for shining on our heads. you guys should stop playing cricket. btw i am a HUGE BD fan. "

now that was a guy who has yet to earn his right to free speech.

Old April 30, 2005, 04:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Rob:

look at what mashrafee mortaza did to india's bats.

- clean bolwed dravid for a duck
- clean bowled sehwag for a duck
- LBW to tendulkar first ball of the day

all this in bangladesh...now consider the england pitches and freddie vs tendy, viru, or dravid (sounds like a movie doesn't it).

unless fred is a much greater batsmen, the history doesn't bode as you are makin it sound.

not sayin freddie won't pound us but, there is an equal likely chance that Mashrafee will pound fred et al.

if he does, we'll just call it the Masri Massacre.
Old May 1, 2005, 03:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan
Rob:

look at what mashrafee mortaza did to india's bats.

- clean bolwed dravid for a duck
- clean bowled sehwag for a duck
- LBW to tendulkar first ball of the day

all this in bangladesh...now consider the england pitches and freddie vs tendy, viru, or dravid (sounds like a movie doesn't it).

unless fred is a much greater batsmen, the history doesn't bode as you are makin it sound.

not sayin freddie won't pound us but, there is an equal likely chance that Mashrafee will pound fred et al.

if he does, we'll just call it the Masri Massacre.
very good point.

rob dont be surprised if englands quality players go out for a duck or a tame score against mashrafee.

he is quality, clean bowling the likes of dravid,sehwag and tendulker isnt easy especially in unseamer friednly conditions in BD, so he wil be a dark horse guaranteed if he is on form
Old May 1, 2005, 03:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Mashrafe can't take England apart single handedly. He is a very talented bowler but as I discussed in another thread it is no foregone conclusion he will bowl well against England, nor is it a foregone conclusion our batsmen will smash him,

Many bowlers have struggled to adjust to bowling in English conditions, especially from the sub continent. Vaas is the best example, the conditions are completely different.
Old May 1, 2005, 06:21 PM
Cricket Sage

mashrafee cannot take apart england single-handedly, true.

but he may have impressive success. in fact im looking for him to get a 5 fer on this tour, that also at a cost of less than 100 runs.

i am fully aware that masri may also struggle on this tour (tho i serisouly doubt he will take less than 2 or 3 wickets an innings).

i am just saying that this present bangladesh team has a lot of talent, nafis iqbal, rajin saleh, shariar nafees, bashar, and tapash bashiya.

but we have 3 supermen, ashraful, mashrafee, and rafique. these guys can play like world class blokes against any opposition. again, i am not guranteeing that. but just be aware of the slim chances.
Old May 1, 2005, 06:43 PM
Cricket Legend

no one is saying that mashrafee is going to fire and he is going to be the hero. the only thing we are saying that he is a potential threat to england. and yes he alone cannot do anything singlehandedly but the thing is he doesnt need to do anything singlehandedly. he has very good and strong backups behind him and they are rafique without any doubt and also taposh, who doesnt have the speed but knows how to bowl tight and also the new comer shahadat.