facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 22, 2008, 10:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf

Some times I feel if the board and the selection board is formed by the BC members, we would get the best result.
Me too.

Quote:
I have faith. If I, a non-national player can think of all this, the Management who were attached with the game all their life should know better. If not, I pray they visit BC.
Sorry T_E I do not think so. And whenever some body talk about power of prayer I remember this
Quote:
One person ask Voltaire "Could prayer kill sheeps?" He answered positively and added you could ensure by putting strychnines in their meal
I some time wonder should BC submit proposal to BCB for a BOT (Build, Operate and Transfer) project for the development of cricket in Bangladesh. We amature are far better than those socalled professionals running in BCB.

Old April 22, 2008, 11:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Mijan bhai, I would like to add something with the main theme in the thread. You need to bring players who are capable of playing big innings. The selection criterion should be changed from now on.

Right now the selectors look the future talents and plan to groom them. But unfortunately (IMO as a realistic outcome of some foolish moves) almost all of them fail to continue and become burdens rather than becoming stars in future.

We need to bring players who has healthy averages in shorter and longer versions of the game. Having healthy averages means you know how to score while being in the wicket. A player need to be consistent for at least 3/4 seasons in a row. How can we ask consistent good performance from players like Ash, Aftab, Junaid etc who even don't have average of even 30 in the domestic cricket? It's not magic. Only magic can make them performing better in the international arena. There may be one two exceptions. But we must keep in mind that exceptions are really not examples.

Only these kinda player can make big partnership regularly. So we must go to the basic of the basic. That is players capable of playing long innings.
Old April 23, 2008, 10:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Is there any analyst attached with the team right now?
Old April 23, 2008, 11:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Sorry Mijan bhai. But the basic really is - DO NOT PLAY KHOCHA MARA SHOTS.
Old April 23, 2008, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Mijan bhai, I would like to add something with the main theme in the thread. You need to bring players who are capable of playing big innings. The selection criterion should be changed from now on.

Right now the selectors look the future talents and plan to groom them. But unfortunately (IMO as a realistic outcome of some foolish moves) almost all of them fail to continue and become burdens rather than becoming stars in future.

We need to bring players who has healthy averages in shorter and longer versions of the game. Having healthy averages means you know how to score while being in the wicket. A player need to be consistent for at least 3/4 seasons in a row. How can we ask consistent good performance from players like Ash, Aftab, Junaid etc who even don't have average of even 30 in the domestic cricket? It's not magic. Only magic can make them performing better in the international arena. There may be one two exceptions. But we must keep in mind that exceptions are really not examples.

Only these kinda player can make big partnership regularly. So we must go to the basic of the basic. That is players capable of playing long innings.
That means going back to players like rajin and golla. but nooo those r tabu words. our fans get board watching their games. they won't take us anywhere...

i agree with you. we need to groom the best 2/3 out of 11 and rest should be selected to save our asses at this time. so bring back these players for test for sure.
1. Saleh
2. Bashar <- he is there
3. Pilot
4. Golla (yeah he scores more often than Ash)
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 23, 2008, 12:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
That means going back to players like rajin and golla. but nooo those r tabu words. our fans get board watching their games. they won't take us anywhere...

i agree with you. we need to groom the best 2/3 out of 11 and rest should be selected to save our asses at this time. so bring back these players for test for sure.
1. Saleh
2. Bashar <- he is there
3. Pilot
4. Golla (yeah he scores more often than Ash)
I wanna see players like Golam Rahman, Ehsanul Haque, Rakibul (Nirala, yes he is here) in the national side. They need to have the opportunity to claim there positions in the national side. The best option for this is to send them on regular tours with A teams or academy side to other countries.

A good example of such player is Tamim. He came to national side having 40+ average in first class cricket. He had to struggle a lot. Finally he seems to be getting consistent these days. This is the outcome of selecting a player with high average...

Last edited by WarWolf; April 23, 2008 at 12:47 PM..
Old April 25, 2008, 05:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

"partnership" is a word that does not exist in most of our players' dictionaries.. so unless we can insert that word and its meaning in their head.. i doubt that they'll go back to the basics.. they don't understand what "basics" mean..
Old April 25, 2008, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

At the moment its all abt survival of the fittest. Every player will try to play as an individual to keep his place.