facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 17, 2016, 03:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Couldn't care anyless. We have 160million to support BD, millions abroad (NRB's) to support BD. We don't need outsiders (such as Kolkata) support. If they do it will be a nice gesture but if they don't it's fine, won't hurt bother us.

What bothers me is we show them, their films, natoks, actors, actresses, ganguly, etc etc so much appreciation, love and give their channels massive ratings. Do they even allow our channels there? It's high time this get changed (banning their channels in BD).

I know some won't agree as I bet they enjoy watching their channels. I dont, never do. I'd rather watch the Hindi stuff. Not Opar Bangla robotic accent wala natoks/shows.

One thing for sure, whole BD saw this, onek manush ami jaani spoke to in BD were surprised and felt bit let down by edens crowd, asha kori shobai ektu aro bujhe oder channels na dekhe!

Old March 17, 2016, 05:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: where do i start from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
ok, in that case I'll replace him with SD Burman, unless he is from Burma, turns out he is from Comilla, BD.
or may be Kumar SAnu, Kishor Kumar will be too harsh.
SD BURMAN - S debbarman- S Deb barma, son of SD BURMAN, son of a king..

He is not a bengali.. his language is kokborok.. which is related to kuki tribe, mizoram and burma.. he is tribal.. but learned bengali, as his mother was bengali.. but father was tribal.

rabindranath thakur title can be disputed if some one questions.. just like tamim, thakur might have been behari in origin.. (NOT PULLING LEGS HERE).. but questions are not asked as he wrote in bengali.. i am yet to meet any bengali titled thakur.. but met many behari thakurs..

ps did you know that KUKI people were cannibals till the 1970s..??? you might not get that in the internet
Old March 17, 2016, 06:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Off-topic

Would be nice if this thread goes to the FC section.

The discussion is very fruitful and the knowledge spans a wide spectrum of perspectives.

I only see that it's not cricket oriented.

Just a thought.
Old March 17, 2016, 07:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Couldn't care anyless. We have 160million to support BD, millions abroad (NRB's) to support BD. We don't need outsiders (such as Kolkata) support. If they do it will be a nice gesture but if they don't it's fine, won't hurt bother us.

What bothers me is we show them, their films, natoks, actors, actresses, ganguly, etc etc so much appreciation, love and give their channels massive ratings. Do they even allow our channels there? It's high time this get changed (banning their channels in BD).

I know some won't agree as I bet they enjoy watching their channels. I dont, never do. I'd rather watch the Hindi stuff. Not Opar Bangla robotic accent wala natoks/shows.

One thing for sure, whole BD saw this, onek manush ami jaani spoke to in BD were surprised and felt bit let down by edens crowd, asha kori shobai ektu aro bujhe oder channels na dekhe!
Same here, i agree wit you. BTY seeing Indian Kolkata Serial doesn't mean to be Pro West Bengali or Pro India. I have seen women who are seems to be little bit anti India(like most of us) but watch West Bengali Serials a lot (again like most of BD women I hv seen)

Go TIGERS GO...
Old March 17, 2016, 08:11 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Aikhane serial er kotha koi theke ashlo LOL. Ke ki dekhbe aita to jor kore hoy na. Aita spontanious
Old March 17, 2016, 11:32 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25

What were you expecting then,showering love to you for mocking there players, they are one of the most passionate crowd and if you mock their players, they don't like it.
Old March 17, 2016, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

^This topic has been argued to death in other threads. Come to your senses, people!
Old March 17, 2016, 11:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

They didn't even cheer for Mithun, wth?
Old March 17, 2016, 11:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayuu1
What were you expecting then,showering love to you for mocking there players, they are one of the most passionate crowd and if you mock their players, they don't like it.
That Taskin-Dhoni image wasn't on any BDeshi's timeline. I had asked others. Assuming a BDeshi did create that, then it was some moronic kid. The whole country wasn't passing it around and celebrating it (like seriously, what is wrong with you to even entertain that thought). You've to be a ridiculous person to think that.

But the Indian media (incredible that media and news around the country reported and talked about a fan-made image as if it was some big news) and the vast majority of Indian fans did exactly that, the unthinkable, and generalized all of BD based on that.

But yeah, given the above happened, I wasn't too surprised that the crowd in Eden Gardens supported Pak. The really shocking part (although if you know the Indian media and the consumer base they serve, it's not THAT shocking) was the above.
Old March 17, 2016, 01:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

We don't need any support from Kolkata. Enough of this bs.
Old March 17, 2016, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

I feel bad that I supported KKR always in IPL. Hope KKR crashes in the upcoming IPL.
Old March 17, 2016, 01:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Why do we need to beg support for our team from foreigners? Amra achi ki korte? This is the world cup on a foreign land for us. We have to play just like any other team on a foreign land. Some will get support and some won't. Eto chilla chillir ke achey, etai to bujlam na.
Old March 17, 2016, 01:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Just cause we speak same language doesnt mean that, epar banglar opar banglar jonno valobasha utraiya pore. They are indian 1st then bengalis.
Old March 17, 2016, 01:36 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by icricket
Why do we need to beg support for our team from foreigners? Amra achi ki korte? This is the world cup on a foreign land for us. We have to play just like any other team on a foreign land. Some will get support and some won't. Eto chilla chillir ke achey, etai to bujlam na.
Exactly. Ekekjoner post deikha ga joltase.

(Typical Anju Ghosh over-acting voice)

Amader vule Dada der support haralam. Aha amra ki niye bachbo!

Na na na ai jibon ar rakhbo na. Dada ra amader chere Pakistan support korte parlo!!
Old March 17, 2016, 01:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
This Kolkata support topic is still on?

All I saw was a crowd that just wants to be entertained. They were cheering everything, 4s,6s, outs, not outs, good fielding. I didn't see them clearly favoring one side over the other. They just wanted to support the dominating side. If any of our guys got some momentum going with the bat or ball (which sadly did not happen) you would see the crowd going frantic.
I read some of the comments by West Bengalis (in Prothom Alo and other papers). Probably most of the people in the gallery were non-Bengali Muslims. but let's see if this is same when we play against New Zeeland.