facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 29, 2011, 05:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

^^^ Good one coach. So I think Pepsi is having the same effect on the current players also with their latest promotion 'change the game'

Old March 29, 2011, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direct-Hit
Very interesting thread.
I can add to this a first hand experience from the West Indies.
During the last 10 years Pepsi has sponsored (used for advertising purposes) various WI cricketers. It has almost become an urban myth in the region that signing a Pepsi contract almost always means a huge drop off in performance. So much so, that players are almost loath to do it, just in case the myth is true ! (however I can personally verify that lots of WI Pepsi linked players inevitably end up getting dropped due to poor / under performance / other reasons)

The only logical (unsuperstitious) reason is that unless a player has a really high work ethic, sponsorship contracts tend to give the player an air of "Hey I've made it, cos I am paid to advertise products"

Draw your own conclusions !
Great points. Same could be the case for our top performers of the team who failed badly tis wcup. My opinion is they lacked focus.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition