facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 4, 2008, 02:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

wow....This has got to be one of the weirdest threads Ive ever opened. I do agree with ehteshamul on some points though. Unless he opened further threads that have since been deleted, i really dont see how the 3-4 threads he opened could bother anyone. Live and let live guys...Besides, its not like the bulk of the posts on this forum (or any forum for that matter) are well thought out. I come here more for the cricketing passion of the members here than to read scholarly articles. Cricket is a game guys...Lets not over intellectualize sports. Thats one thing i feel the americans have gotten right...

Old May 4, 2008, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehteshamul
Hello Best,

I am sad to now that you find my threads useless.

Having said that I am sorry to inform you as well that the number of positive responses I have received from my threads yesterday and today far outnumber the negative responses .This is not say I did not have negative responses. As a Human being we all differ in some ways. So it is expected there will be some who may dislike it and that is understandable.

I have a thread response summary tracker that I have documented to confirm my claims.

Just to remind you the mental capability and comprehension of people depends on
Educational, Intellectual background, knowledge and skill in the area concerned.

Consequently their perception of one aspect as useless and useful will differ.

So my question to you is do we fully understand the difference between Useless and Useful threads.

If my threads are useless then the readers who have responded positively are useless too.

Can that be a reality?

Take care.

Robin(my nickname)
My three cents again i.e five cents total in this thread
W Bush get more positive response (i.e Vote) than Kerry. So W Bush must be better than Kerry. It is not quantity but quality that counts
my second cent can you please enlighten me about the usefulness of this thread? or why Ashraful should be dropped? or any other thread you recently opened.
my third cent, you need a lesson in sarcasm 101 (read Omio's post in this thread which you thought as a positive response).
Old May 4, 2008, 08:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default Robin Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
eerrrrrrr.....
welcome to Banglacricket Ehteshamul Bhaiya
enjoy your stay.

Hello Antora.

Thanks for welcoming me to the BanglaCricket forum.

You are the super girl of BanglaCricket forum. No question abut that.

Honestly, I am amazed at the number of posts you made. That in itself is a great achievement.

I am also impressed by your active contribution in terms of your inputs in threads and posts.

What’s your secret Antora ? Do you like to share that with me and other readers? ( Just kidding Off course ! ) .

Wish you the very best !

Take Care.
Old May 4, 2008, 08:23 AM
Banned

Default Robin Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
My three cents again i.e five cents total in this thread
W Bush get more positive response (i.e Vote) than Kerry. So W Bush must be better than Kerry. It is not quantity but quality that counts
my second cent can you please enlighten me about the usefulness of this thread? or why Ashraful should be dropped? or any other thread you recently opened.
my third cent, you need a lesson in sarcasm 101 (read Omio's post in this thread which you thought as a positive response).

Hello Best,

Firstly I do not want to deal with somebody who is restricted in the cents range.

I would not like to discuss with you unless you come out of your box and talk in the dollar range which obviously has more value then cents. Makes Sense ?

If others can make sense of my threads and posts and you can’t then it is your problem not mine.

In the context of the above it would not make sense for me to move beyond.

I wish you the very Best

Take care.

Robin
Old May 4, 2008, 08:41 AM
Banned

Default Robin Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
wow....This has got to be one of the weirdest threads Ive ever opened. I do agree with ehteshamul on some points though. Unless he opened further threads that have since been deleted, i really dont see how the 3-4 threads he opened could bother anyone. Live and let live guys...Besides, its not like the bulk of the posts on this forum (or any forum for that matter) are well thought out. I come here more for the cricketing passion of the members here than to read scholarly articles. Cricket is a game guys...Lets not over intellectualize sports. Thats one thing i feel the americans have gotten right...
Hello Farhad,

Thanks for your comments. You are spot on.

I wish the few concerned (bulk of the responses are positive) readers were as pragmatic as yourself in their assessments of things.

But as I said in my other replies there will always be some who will differ and that is understandable. I am not too concerned about them.

I appreciate your honest assessment ‘ Besides, its not like the bulk of the posts on this forum (or any forum for that matter) are well thought out which is so very true.

Take care.

Robin (nick name )
Old May 4, 2008, 08:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Mod Request to ehteshamul: Please go trhough this thread very thoroughly before opening any further threads. This is an official request.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:19 AM
Banned

Default Reply From Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
Mod Request to ehteshamul: Please go trhough this thread very thoroughly before opening any further threads. This is an official request.
Hello Ahmed,

Thanks for the reminder of the Board Rules and Posting tips.

I am conversant with all the Board Rules and Posting tips and I have all those things saved in a person folder in my computer.

Rest assured all your rules are firmly ingrained on my mind.

For any future Thread opening I will first forward detailed response findings of all the Threads I have opened to appropriate person in your editorial Staff Board.

It is only after getting approval from them that I will decide whether to initiate future streams or not.

I am a conformist so far as rules and regulations are concerned.

Hope this helps you.

Take care.

Robin (my nick name)
Old May 4, 2008, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

The only issue I have is the volume of threads you open, it is too much and most of the topics have been discussed. However, I have noticed you spend a lot of time in creating your threads and opening a decent discussion and shows that you have put a lot of research into what you are talking about unlike some BC members that just open threads out of stupidity with 1 liners. Therefore in this regard, keep up the good work but maybe cut down on the number you open.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:58 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Hashum na kandum bujhbar partachina.
Arey rakhen mia. Ghotonota ki heidai to vujbar partasina.
Old May 4, 2008, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehteshamul
Hello Dhrubo,

We are fellow Canadians. No need to get upset.

First Full marks to you for calling me Bhaiyya which was a good start from your end .

I am not sure Dhrubo what led you to believe I was engaged into a game.

Just for record I have an Engineering and Computer programming degree. Why would a responsible person with that kind of credentials play games ?

I think you are unnecessarily worried about 4 + threads that I opened in the last couple of days.

I understand some readers find it daunting which is understandable.

Buddy don’t worry about small things. The life of the Threads most likely will be 1 week after which it will die its natural death .

Having said that I would like to inform you as well that the number of positive responses I have received from my threads yesterday and today far outnumber the negative responses .This is not say I did not have negative responses. As a Human being we all differ in some ways. So it is expected there will be some who may dislike it and that is understandable.
Well I know you are a good person,thats why i just told you not to open too many threads,I am sorry that i thought that you thought it was a game,i didnt mean to say this in an offensive way,btw i have an uncle nicknamed robin and he has a degree for computer programming too,lol.
Old May 5, 2008, 04:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Your first statement:
Quote:
This is in response to some viewers expressing an element of surprise of the volume of threads generated.
Quote:
I would like to inform you that the number of positive responses I have received from my threads yesterday and today far outnumber the negative responses .
My friend, don't you think you're making a huge fuss out of nothing?

You don't expect all your friends to like everything of yours, do you? In forum, you shouldn't expect the same either. Some people don't like some ideas, and some do. It's great to know that you're very concerned about our cricket, and by all means you should go ahead and open the threads you want. But when someone criticizes you, please try to take it easy.

To be honest with you, I didn't even notice most of your threads, because I selectively choose to open the threads. I only came to know about you once you created this thread.

Anyway, good luck with everythinig. And please try to not copy and paste your letter in every post, just to sound a little smartere.
Old May 5, 2008, 09:49 PM
Cricket Sage

haire bhai..eto lomba post porte porte...ki porchi bhuila jaitasee...
Old May 8, 2008, 08:15 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Baisab,

Don't get disheartened. Most new members get the same response when they first come to BC.

I, infact, like this BC trend of welcoming people. Its like a blessing in disguise. In the long run, these responses make new people more thoughtful.

**Prothome ashar por por i jodi biryani khaiten, tahole pore panta bhat khaite kharap lagto. Ekhon prothome panta bhat khaisen, pore biryani khaite kono oshubida hoibo na.**

Biryani is +ve response
Panta Bhat is -ve response

Old May 8, 2008, 09:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Biryani is +ve response
Panta Bhat is -ve response

"Panta ami chai na puti mach khai na. Akta jodi pai omni dhore gapush gupush khai"

Thats is what happening in this thread.
Old May 8, 2008, 09:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Hmmm interesting. Very interesting.
Old May 8, 2008, 10:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Hmmm interesting. Very interesting.
Sadi,
Wondering...what does that "333" means in your avatar? Does that mean you are halfway to your goal to become a shoitan (i.e. "666")?
Old May 8, 2008, 11:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Sadi,
Wondering...what does that "333" means in your avatar? Does that mean you are halfway to your goal to become a shoitan (i.e. "666")?
May be. In that case, you can put "555"...which will lead some to think you smoke Bangla-5, and some to think that you're almost a shoitan.
Old May 8, 2008, 03:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Sadi,
Lol... yeah you can say that. Kabir bhai er moto murobbira pashe thakle inshallah 555 hoye jobo khub taratari. Doa koiren.
Old May 8, 2008, 04:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Lol... yeah you can say that. Kabir bhai er moto murobbira pashe thakle inshallah 555 hoye jobo khub taratari. Doa koiren.
Khamakha amare eitar modhe joranor mani ta bujhlam na
Old May 10, 2008, 04:29 AM
Banned

REPLY FROM ROBIN

Hello Buddies,

Thanks for your responses.

It is next to impossible to respond to each and every response. I replied to a number of them initially. But since then it has grown in numbers. So I am giving a general one.

I appreciate all the feedbacks (Positive and Negative ) and feedback enables a better understanding of posting or thread impact.

I also lately had a feedback from the BanglaCricket Forum staff as well which was spot on and which will form the basis of my future postings and thread.

That’s all for now.

Wishing everyone the very best.

Cheers!.

Robin.
Old May 10, 2008, 08:40 AM
Cricket Guru

I hope you're not the same Robin (my friend from childhood).