facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 28, 2007, 06:34 AM
Street Cricketer

you are kidding yourself if you think that Rasel and Rafique are two of the best ODI bowlers in the world

Old December 28, 2007, 07:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Ashraful dabba mare nai.. dabba marayse.. they were so afraid of Ashraful..that Gross Taylor cheated..it wasnt a PROPER catch.
Old December 28, 2007, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

these umpires should be severely reprimanded for not referring that catch to the 3rd umpire. also Ross Taylor should not have cheated. Shame on him. I guess they wanted Ashraful out. Taylor is not really to be blamed, the umpires had the chance to refer it and they did not. If they had done so, and Taylor was found out to be a cheat, then he would have been embarrassed there and then.
Old December 28, 2007, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Somebody must tell Jamie Siddons or Naimur Rahman that we cant contain NZ batting to a reasonable total that Bangladesh can chase down if we don't have have four pacers, I agree the umpires made some fatal errors but even if they didnt we wouldnt beat them with our ordinary bowling, fielding and batting. We must pick Nazmul or Sajidul for the next match and we must improve in the field and sort out our batting and batting order if we are to have any chance of winning and taking back some pride.
Old December 28, 2007, 09:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
these umpires should be severely reprimanded for not referring that catch to the 3rd umpire. also Ross Taylor should not have cheated. Shame on him. I guess they* wanted Ashraful out. Taylor is not really to be blamed, the umpires had the chance to refer it and they did not. If they had done so, and Taylor was found out to be a cheat, then he would have been embarrassed there and then.
Right on! Sis, you do know your cricket- its a compliment!

BTW, Ash shouldn't have driven so uppishly- so he is to be blamed partially for all these paleva.

* they included the umps-at least- one of them.
Old December 28, 2007, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritro
Its worth noting that in Rasel and Rafique, we are missing two of the best ODI bowlers in the world.

When you take the two best bowlers out of a five man attack, its no wonder were a bit rubbish.
best odi bowlers in world???????
Old December 28, 2007, 09:20 AM
Street Cricketer

umpires make mistakes and seems to getaway with it easily especially with BD games, otherwise result may have been dif yesterday?? do you agree??
Old December 28, 2007, 09:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Lets play blame game:

I blame Zunaid for wasting a brilliant stand by gifting his wicket in the same fashion- two games in a row. He and Tamim were going great guns. Had they continued a bit longer NZ would have pressed the panic button. Mark Gilliespi had already been hit out of the attack by Tamim- and Ash and Aftab were yet to come!

The biggest (literally) player on the field yeasterday was- no doubts- the Umps. When BD bowled, clear edges were not given and at the crucial time of the game too, semblence of any bouncers were immediately called wide. When BD batted, bouncers after bouncers were allowed and not called wide, were quick to give batsmen out and again at a very crucial time! The rule book clearly say if there is any doubt the decision goes in the favour of the batsman. Yesterday, this rule was so blatantly disregarded!

OKAY, Ash is Ash and he should be allowed to play his natural game. But he shouldn't hit so many balls in the air- that applies pretty much for all the BD batters.
Old December 28, 2007, 09:42 AM
Street Cricketer

may be its worth reminder ourselfves that our time will come in the near further to beat and compete witht the big boys as BD under 19 have good and solid foundation.

mashrafe not doing well to my eyes ?? but we do not have any one else to replace him with someone better, and just give him some time to think why he should be playing for BD cri,
Old December 28, 2007, 09:44 AM
Street Cricketer

give Zunaid change or two, his only a young lad, i sure he will do well in the future
Old December 28, 2007, 10:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhurr
I am done with research and academia. Hello corporate world!
I'm done with dissertation and masters. Hello job hunting
Old December 28, 2007, 10:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I don't think we could've won the game...but I do think that we would've been much more competitive had those MF umpires not been there.

Next time anyone says that bad umpiring is a part of game, remind them of this damn match.

BD management should not accept this and make a formal complaint to ICC for this nonsense.

I hope our players play better next match. I believe they will...but the umpires, once again, will screw things up for them.
Old December 28, 2007, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

We are sorely missing our two most consistent bowlers: Rafique and Rasel, Rafique may be 37 years old and getting slow but he still guarantees at least 2/3 wickets a game and Rasel keeps the runs down. Oh boy I can only imagine what its going to be like in the test matches without these two, more innings thrashings and calls for Bangladesh to give up their test status.
Old December 28, 2007, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
We are sorely missing our two most consistent bowlers: Rafique and Rasel, Rafique may be 37 years old and getting slow but he still guarantees at least 2/3 wickets a game and Rasel keeps the runs down. Oh boy I can only imagine what its going to be like in the test matches without these two, more innings thrashings and calls for Bangladesh to give up their test status.
i totally agree.
Old December 28, 2007, 11:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

NZ won by 102 runs in D/L method at Napier, the only soar loser in this match was Cricket itself by miles.
Old December 28, 2007, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi
best odi bowlers in world???????
just because ODI indian bowler suck so hard, dont get envious
Old December 28, 2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
NZ won by 102 runs in D/L method at Napier, the only soar loser in this match was Cricket itself by miles.
you said it, bro.
Old December 28, 2007, 07:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i am happy that aftab scored a slower half century (hopefully he takes something from that innings and tells himself he doesn't always have to have a strike rate of 90+, a player like aftab will always catch up his strike rate if he plays a long innings), i was expecting shakib to make a decent score as well because once shakib had gone in there was no chance of winning so shakib had absolutely no pressure on him. but it would have been nice if aftab actually ended not out yesterday, something else i noticed is that tamim makes very small half centuries, i mean 3 half centuries and his highest score is only 54. might just be because he's played so few ODIs but he needs to learn how to go on after he gets 50 at this level.
Old December 28, 2007, 11:17 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
I don't think we could've won the game...but I do think that we would've been much more competitive had those MF umpires not been there.

Next time anyone says that bad umpiring is a part of game, remind them of this damn match.

BD management should not accept this and make a formal complaint to ICC for this nonsense.

I hope our players play better next match. I believe they will...but the umpires, once again, will screw things up for them.
This was such un kiwi like. Even the local papers noted the ump's wrong calls both days. Hey atleast, we know we have a great team.
Old December 29, 2007, 12:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

The rare picture - worth it!

Old December 30, 2007, 07:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I read about the controversial catch by Taylor which Ashraful was dismisswd, Vettori backed Taylor and the Umpires that it was a good catch, so end of this controversy. I wonder if the looked carefuly at the replay. My friend told me that he sae it and it was no a clean catch, Talylor was unsure, but the 2 fielders near to him appealed like hell.
I feel bad umpiring against BD is really terrible. Now the Kiwis feel that they can appeal for anything and the umpires will uphold.