facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 13, 2006, 11:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe... will be a great series

First of all, congrats to Bangladesh! What a win! Fantastic knock from SN, he will be one of the greats in years to come.

Zimbabwe will be pretty embarrassed after tonights huge loss, so I am sure they will be looking for revenge in their next series. 5 ODI's and apparantly some first-class 4 day matches as well. I sure hope it is televised in Australia

Should be a great series, and again congrats to Bangladesh!

Old October 13, 2006, 11:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Zimbabwe is no contest in subcontinent at least the current Zimbabwe. We should win the series, last time we lost it because we did not play how we should have.
Old October 13, 2006, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
Zimbabwe is no contest in subcontinent at least the current Zimbabwe. We should win the series, last time we lost it because we did not play how we should have.
Exactly!
Old October 13, 2006, 11:38 AM
Test Cricketer

This Zimbabwe side has a lot of promise. I agree, Bangladesh will go in as strong favourites, but I would assume they will organise some games with local sides (maybe South African domestic teams).

To me, I think they would be better suited to the longer format, they seem to struggle putting on runs very quickly, especially against the spinners.

Don't write them off. Most people wrote them off in their home series and look what happened
Old October 13, 2006, 11:44 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by battye
Don't write them off. Most people wrote them off in their home series and look what happened
I would not write them off only beacause we are famous to screw up. The result of the last series was due to the inadequacy of our players to play their own game. Okey, enough boasting for today...
Old October 13, 2006, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Will be disappointed with anything less than a clear victory in all the games. BD team needs to show that they are consistent in their performance.
Old October 13, 2006, 11:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

the zimbabwe series would indeed be important for both teams. at home, bangladesh has to go into the games with a distinct advantage, but overall the teams are pretty well matched. zimbabwe team is almost entirely composed of promising youngsters, and lack of depth and experience has been their biggest handicap.

bangladesh has to play this series as a preparation for the world cup. the champions trophy has again highlighted the deficienciese in consistency and temperament. at laest 2 positions in the top six are still up for grabs.

i would like to see bangladesh going with an attacking bowling combination. today's bowling strategy would not work against any other test teams. shahadat has to play.

overall, lots to look forwrd to for this series.
Old October 13, 2006, 12:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Last time we lost the series in ZIM was mainly beacuse we didn't choose the best possible team based on their form. It was too much to carry Too many dead woods in the team.
Old October 13, 2006, 12:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

In the longer version of the game the Zimbabweans would not have any clue. Mianly because they are out of playing in that format for months if not years. Taibu can boost a little but bringing him back would create a definite problem. Clash with Taylor (WK) and PU (captain) thus hurt whatever chemistry they have now.
Old October 13, 2006, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Well Taibu can play as a batsman and he will still be better than most of the batsman they have in Zimbabwe. Clearly, they didn't help themselves today by getting mixed up so many times. Bangladesh will definately be the favorite to win it all in Bangladesh because Zimbabwe clearly has some weakness against spin bowling. Apart from Taylor, noone looked comfortable today.
Old October 13, 2006, 12:45 PM
Test Cricketer

What are we actually achieving playing against zimbabwe, scotland and barmuda? just a match practise!! still we have huge difference between other test nations...and it will never minimize until or unless we play with them. So i'm not really excited abt the win against zim. It had to be like this. This should be normal for Bangladesh. Think big.
Old October 13, 2006, 01:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

To be honest... I dont want it to be a great series. I want it to be a totally one-sided series and want BD to play like they can and should play and win all the games convincingly. Ofcourse.. as Ehsan said, that won't probably happen because BD team is good at messing up a perfectly good show!
Old October 13, 2006, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

I hope Mr Shahadat opens the bowling and regains his place in our future team for the Wc. The selectors made a blunder by ommitting him in the West Indies game.
Old October 13, 2006, 01:42 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
To be honest... I dont want it to be a great series. I want it to be a totally one-sided series and want BD to play like they can and should play and win all the games convincingly. Ofcourse.. as Ehsan said, that won't probably happen because BD team is good at messing up a perfectly good show!
You said my words. I want it a very one sided series. We should press the button to accelearate.

I will be happy only when BD will win with dominance like today.
Old October 13, 2006, 01:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Yes why not win with complete dominance... bashar and co is already start preparing for the great fight.... the fight of the century.

Bashar, "Khelte Hoiley Muscle lage...dhek dhek amar muscle dhek... ei rokom musle chai"

This is a complete u-turn after demorilizing performance against WI

Causality of war "tram chapa Bang Chapta"
Old October 13, 2006, 01:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Thanks battye! This Zimbabwe side has some very decent pacers and a class batsman in Taylor. They are very young but do hold a lot of promise. As a Bangladeshi fan however, I hope that in the coming series Bangladesh dominates Zimbabwe. We as a team are still very inconsistent and that points to problems with our mental side of things...hopefully we can work on that.
Old October 13, 2006, 09:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Thumbs up BD is champion?

BD is the champion in the minows league only
Old October 13, 2006, 09:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
BD is the champion in the minows league only
bd does not take part in minnow league anymore. they play against big boys now
Old October 15, 2006, 05:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

bye the way when the series starting..........is it next month
Old October 15, 2006, 08:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidcombe
bye the way when the series starting..........is it next month

wts BD upcoming matches?
Old October 15, 2006, 11:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

It should not be a hard-contest series.We should win convincingly.And, I would like to have a team which makes more meaning and less bad decisions.We are often messing up the things even while chosing the team or taking decisions.Also Bashar gotta work on his field settings and bowler change.These days he is going to field memorizing the bowling order and field setting, and then just putting that on field irrespective of situations.If we can improve in these things, I don't see any big contest coming in the series against Zim.
Old October 15, 2006, 01:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i hear the 7 ODI series has been shortened to a 5 match series...is this so?

is there still an official 20-20 match?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 15, 2006, 04:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Last time we lost the series in ZIM was mainly beacuse we didn't choose the best possible team based on their form. It was too much to carry Too many dead woods in the team.
We were too much confident........let's call it overconfident....and took the series win against Zimbos granted.......I could not find any back up plan for the BD team if anything goes wrong. When it really went out of the script and Zim got the 1st win, BD was in great panic and could not return from that state. All chaos broke down with every one including Dav. Pathetic. I guess BD will not do the same in the coming series by taking Zimbos lightly again. I expect they would take them as seriously as with other big teams and try to win win match by match battle. They should not day dream about the series win and in the long run lose the whole war.
Old October 16, 2006, 03:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

first off congrats to BD for the fantastic win, winning by 101 is no fluke...y'all deserved to win. About the upcomming series, obviously i am as biased as you in favour of my team. So i'd say that i dont think it will be one sided. Even though the current team will definetly struggle in the sub-continent, they will definetly put up a fight. In all three matches we played in the ICC we didnt have Duffin and Vusi who are our regular openers and had they been there the performance would have been a bit different. Last time we toured that side Vusi was there and his presents would definetly add a bit to our cause
Old October 16, 2006, 03:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

Either the series becomes a highly competitive one or not, I am looking forward to watch it.

Anyone knows the exact schedule of the series?