facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 1, 2003, 09:28 AM
Banned

I think all of us have pointed out the right concerns. But if we are to list them sequentially, then the glaring one surely to stand out on its own would be the top order batting. That failing so miserably surely will trigger all else ?

Also, it looks like that in the 2nd innings no one even bothered. External forces at play ? I think not ? Bad team selection, sure, we all know that Tapash should have been in, and both Enam and Mahmud should have been out. But surely, we are not suggesting that Enam the 19 yr old bribed himself in ?

But as Raj pointed out, Dave was taking too many risks. If so, then that's actually a good thought, isn't it. I mean that a veteran and pragmatic coach like him does believe in the team's potential.

Actually what happened is, we just did not have time to prepare. We did not study the English bowlers at all, and identify means to tackle them, and then practice that on an appropriate pitch - just like we did against Australia.

So now, lets all look forward to a lot of practice in preparation of Zimbabwe, and a quality assesment of the right players who need to be in the team.