facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 12, 2017, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
I am one of Shakib's biggest fan. If Shakib really wishes to take six months off then I think we have no choice but to accept it. But I would question the timing for such request. There is no doubt that being an allrounder takes quite a toll on the body especially if you are the team's best batsmen and bowler in the Test Arena. But let's not kid ourselves here. The national team had like about a 2 month break. The whole team hasn't even played 10 tests this year. There is no way playing a few two match test series should have him burnt out.

Shakib can afford to play all these leagues for months but he feels burnt out after playing couple of test matches? Heck he was even in the cpl 3 days before the first test match and I was still okay with it as I thought he was professional enough to handle such workload.

Test cricket is the ultimate form. It's what creates a name for the player. And it's not everyday that Bangladesh gets to play SA in SA. For an emerging team like Bangladesh to lose such an important player at this crucial stage is nothing short of a travesty. Shakib has left the whole team and the whole nation high and dry at such an important tour.

I would've understood if it was an injury concern or even an important life event. But if it is just to feel refreshed, then he should have prioritized his commitments and maybe skip few fringe leagues. He should realize that it's playing for Bangladesh that puts him in the top echelon of the game and not Kolkata shepherds or guyanese curries or any of these 3rd rate fringe teams. It's easy money but he will soon be forgotten if he really enjoys sitting on the bench that much then let him.
I like your post, but you are coming to it from a sentimental point of view. You don't know whether or not it really is an injury concern, do you?

T20 games are barely cricket. It's 4 overs of bowling and a couple of overs of batting for Shakib. Test cricket, on the other hand, puts a massive mental and physical strain on the body. It's not just the long game days, but also the lack of rest days, since you are playing 5 straight days. And that can aggravate and re-aggravate nagging injuries, that T20 cricket never will.

In other words, if you assume test cricket is 90 overs per day, then the equivalent of a 5-day test match is 22.5 T20 games. So now you tell me why he should he skip T20 instead?

Old September 12, 2017, 12:48 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
On a lighter note: Shakib, welcome to IPL mate.
Shakib himself also takes T20s (including IPL I presume) in a lighter note:
Quote:
I am surprised when people question why I am not resting from limited-overs matches or other T20s. There are really no pressures when playing those T20 matches. It seems like a holiday to me, with a bit of experience and of course, it is financially important too."
-- http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...hakib-al-hasan
Old September 12, 2017, 12:54 PM
BC Editorial Team

The interview vid verifies the above quote.
Old September 12, 2017, 01:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
He knows he needs dustbowls,whithout that he's nothing.

But his batting will be missed.
He might be nothing to you but he is one of Bangladesh's important player.

To actually accuse him of being a coward to bowl in a different pitch is not his style. Making such an outlandish and ridiculous accusation is honestly without any merit.

A true Bangladeshi would not do that.
Old September 12, 2017, 01:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

What's the big deal here? He just wanted to take a break, BCB allowed it as much as it can. If he wanted to retire from Test, that would have been unacceptable at this stage when BAN have very few senior players, however 6 months seems too long here.

It also means more responsibility on to Tamim and Mushfiq. Hopefully, Mullah comes with something extra-ordinary.
Old September 12, 2017, 01:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Team needs him most, and the bloke decides to take a break.
I thought you wanted a crap, no good, Shakib out of the team before the CT and then Aussie tests. Shall I dig through the posts?
Old September 12, 2017, 01:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ

Did u expect any other response from him, RazabQ bhai? He'll obviously try to defend his ludicrous decision.

I'm pretty sure that mercenaries like gayle or Russel also gives similar types of excuses when they make themselves unavailable for selection.
Old September 12, 2017, 02:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
He might be nothing to you but he is one of Bangladesh's important player.

To actually accuse him of being a coward to bowl in a different pitch is not his style. Making such an outlandish and ridiculous accusation is honestly without any merit.

A true Bangladeshi would not do that.

U misunderstood me. He's obviously one of the most important players in Bangladesh team.

Even though his bowling becomes unpenetrative without substantial assistance from the pitch, but he's still an extremely important player for Bangladesh team, almost irreplaceable.
Old September 12, 2017, 02:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ

He can but he will be dropped by KKR if does so. He is playing to the gallery.

Let's not make this thread about T20, sorry for bringing IPL.

I truly believe he is in need of rest or vacation. He is playing non-stop around the world but under appreciated for it.
Old September 12, 2017, 02:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
He can but he will be dropped by KKR if does so. He is playing to the gallery.

Let's not make this thread about T20, sorry for bringing IPL.

I truly believe he is in need of rest or vacation he is playing non-stop around the world but under appreciated for it.
At last someone has got it right.

I just don't know why some of us aren't accepting the fact that he's tired because he has been playing non stop T20s for quite some time now.

He needs a break from test cricket to rejuvenate himself and make himself fit for the upcoming useless T20 leagues, its as simple as that.
Old September 12, 2017, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
With all due respect to everyone, I honestly think we are making a big deal out of this.
Even though this thread has pages of posts ..most if not all agree that he should get the rest . And it would be a shame if we lose him in tests forever if we can't accommodate him now . After 30 his goal would be to prolong his playing career

Shakib no doubt is overworked during tes:t specially if it is a spin friendly wicket .

I can't wait for the sentiment when it's time for him to retire ..we are F#')(:!
Old September 12, 2017, 02:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

U misunderstood me. He's obviously one of the most important players in Bangladesh team.

Even though his bowling becomes unpenetrative without substantial assistance from the pitch, but he's still an extremely important player for Bangladesh team, almost irreplaceable.
Name the bowlers who are successful on flat tracks?

Name the batsmen who have scored in tough conditions (hint: Chokedulkar, isn't one of them)

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 12, 2017, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

If he thinks he can back old sakib to us ... it's fine ... take a chill...whatever happened will happen... but sakib need to come back strong for another 5 years until we kicked out some sissy in the team or find his replacement...
we really need to keep on eyes to the younger generations... at this moment, we have nothing special like him... I mean nothing...good luck to him.
Old September 12, 2017, 10:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match Adda
If he thinks he can back old sakib to us ... it's fine ... take a chill...whatever happened will happen... but sakib need to come back strong for another 5 years until we kicked out some sissy in the team or find his replacement...
we really need to keep on eyes to the younger generations... at this moment, we have nothing special like him... I mean nothing...good luck to him.
Miraz will get there InShaAllah
Old September 12, 2017, 11:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

On the one hand, I feel that the timing of this sabbatical is very wrong. SAF are a very strong team, and all teams in the world.would field their strongest side. Shakib is no doubt an important cog, a vital cog. So on the surface the decision seems selfish and leads one to believe he is saving himself for T20 leagues (i.e. $$)

On the other hand, this might be a master stroke, and I wouldn't be surprised if the BCB/Hathuri have had a hand in it. SAF offer seamING pitches, so as good as Shakib is as a bowler he is unlikely to collect 5-fers or match 10-fers. The seam bowlers led by Fizz are going to get most of the wickets. Fizz's return to form in the second Aussie test is timely in that regard. So Shakib's bowling may not be missed, especially with Miraz and Taijul bowling well (the team may decide to bowl only one of Miraz/Taijul if pitches are seaming). Furthermore, the batting has become too dependent on Shakib. He is also often fatigued in the second innings, as indicated by his woeful second innings batting average. So the team needs to find another go to guy, and having Shakib out will force guys to step up. Someone outside of the "Big 5" (if you include Mullah) needs to step up, preferably a young gun. With Mossadek out, I'm pinning my hopes on Sabbir, Liton and/ or Soumya.

There is always a silver lining.
Old September 13, 2017, 11:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbar
On the one hand, I feel that the timing of this sabbatical is very wrong. SAF are a very strong team, and all teams in the world.would field their strongest side. Shakib is no doubt an important cog, a vital cog. So on the surface the decision seems selfish and leads one to believe he is saving himself for T20 leagues (i.e. $$)

On the other hand, this might be a master stroke, and I wouldn't be surprised if the BCB/Hathuri have had a hand in it. SAF offer seamING pitches, so as good as Shakib is as a bowler he is unlikely to collect 5-fers or match 10-fers. The seam bowlers led by Fizz are going to get most of the wickets. Fizz's return to form in the second Aussie test is timely in that regard. So Shakib's bowling may not be missed, especially with Miraz and Taijul bowling well (the team may decide to bowl only one of Miraz/Taijul if pitches are seaming). Furthermore, the batting has become too dependent on Shakib. He is also often fatigued in the second innings, as indicated by his woeful second innings batting average. So the team needs to find another go to guy, and having Shakib out will force guys to step up. Someone outside of the "Big 5" (if you include Mullah) needs to step up, preferably a young gun. With Mossadek out, I'm pinning my hopes on Sabbir, Liton and/ or Soumya.

Ditto. I see more good than harm in this. It's high time other players learn to step up instead of relying on Shakib to do all the work, especially the junior players.
Old September 13, 2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:

Shak got 11 wickets last time we have visited SA!
Old September 13, 2017, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Big 5?

We have a big 3, that's it

Old September 13, 2017, 03:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Shak got 11 wickets last time we have visited SA!
SAF wouldn't have known about Shakib that much back then. This time they will prepare green tops.
Old September 13, 2017, 05:52 PM
Test Cricketer

It's quite evident that ''Bangladesh er jan Shakib-Al-Hasan" is doing it for $$$$$

He doesn't want to get fatigued or injured by playing tests anymore. Bbl, IPL, Psl or cpl r more important to him than a test series in south africa and he wants to remain fit for those leagues.

If he was really feeling sick or whatever he could've just avoided caribbean league. Did he? Of course not. Even couple of days before the first test against Australia he was busy playing in Caribbean premier league.

Won't he play any T20 leagues in next 8/10 months? Won't he play in BPL? If he was truly sick he wouldn't have played in CPL, if he was really fatigued he would've withdrawn himself from BPL or any other T20 leagues.

But no, he didn't do anything that and won't do in future either. He rather prefers to take short breaks from test cricket to keep himself fit and rejuvenated for useless T20 leagues.
Old September 13, 2017, 07:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Some posters here

Why do you expect the players to be heroes? Playing cricket is just a job for them and they have every right to ask for time off for whatever reason. Most people here I think leave abroad that is we all left our beloved motherland for a better future or security in life. People who are still living in Bangladesh in most cases will accept any lucrative job offer abroad and won't think twice before leaving their country then why the same people get soooooooooooooo judgemental about others? Why only the players will have to carry the burden of patriotism?

You guys seem more worried than his employer. He asked for the leave after giving a match winning performance and he is entitled to that reward and his employer was completely fine with it.

Please come out of your selfish attitude and learn to put yourself in someone's shoes before judging them. Most of you don't have to do a physical job for your profession so you really can't tell that why some might feel exhausted so easily. Now you will bring the example of some big names like Kohli and that's such a childish logic because Shakib is not Kohli and vice versa. Don't try to be those parents who will always lecture their kids "if he can do it why can't you". Comparison is just so lame. Everyone has their own battle to fight and there are millions of different variables in everyone's life so you simply can't ask someone "why are you not happy" or "why do you feel exhausted so easily"
Old September 13, 2017, 07:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

BTW what's wrong with going after money? We study, we work everything to earn money. No?
Old September 13, 2017, 08:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
It's quite evident that ''Bangladesh er jan Shakib-Al-Hasan" is doing it for $$$$$

He doesn't want to get fatigued or injured by playing tests anymore. Bbl, IPL, Psl or cpl r more important to him than a test series in south africa and he wants to remain fit for those leagues.

If he was really feeling sick or whatever he could've just avoided caribbean league. Did he? Of course not. Even couple of days before the first test against Australia he was busy playing in Caribbean premier league.

Won't he play any T20 leagues in next 8/10 months? Won't he play in BPL? If he was truly sick he wouldn't have played in CPL, if he was really fatigued he would've withdrawn himself from BPL or any other T20 leagues.

But no, he didn't do anything that and won't do in future either. He rather prefers to take short breaks from test cricket to keep himself fit and rejuvenated for useless T20 leagues.
He was also responsible for Battle of Brunanburh.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 16, 2017, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

‘এত বড় খেলোয়াড় হইনি যে বিশ্রামে যাব’
- মুশফিকুর রহিম
Old September 16, 2017, 04:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
‘এত বড় খেলোয়াড় হইনি যে বিশ্রামে যাব’
- মুশফিকুর রহিম
A Slap on the face of shakib. Glad to see that our test team is in right hand.

Mushy may not be the most intelligent, talented or influential guy in our team, but he has two of the most important things in him. Patriotism and work ethics. Respect.