facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 23, 2017, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Whatever short coming Tamim has, Please show me a better left handed opener in current World circuit. Warner and Cook. That is about it. I know it will be difficult for you to swallow so here let me help you.

Since 2000,
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

Since 2007,

Why are you comparing with McCullum?
LOL you show me the stats for total runs while conveniently leaving out the fact that he has played way more games than just about all the players below him. Total runs is a useless stat. It's a trick that Indian media love to use because it inflates their own players, while forgetting that India plays more games than anyone else.

Tamim played 264 games since 2007, the highest in that list. The next highest is Cook with 221, and he still beats Tamim easily in total runs scored (13k vs 9k)

Fair comparison would be to compare Tamim based on Average runs per game:

Since 2007:

Since 2000:

Tamim is ranked 47th since 2007. Doesn't even feature in the top 50 since 2000. World's best?? HAHAHA what a joke. Like I said, he's lucky to be Bangladeshi. Wouldn't have gotten to 264 games wearing a different jersey.

Old February 23, 2017, 08:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
LOL you show me the stats for total runs while conveniently leaving out the fact that he has played way more games than just about all the players below him. Total runs is a useless stat. It's a trick that Indian media love to use because it inflates their own players, while forgetting that India plays more games than anyone else.

Tamim played 264 games since 2007, the highest in that list. The next highest is Cook with 221, and he still beats Tamim easily in total runs scored (13k vs 9k)

Fair comparison would be to compare Tamim based on Average runs per game:

Since 2007:

Since 2000:

Tamim is ranked 47th since 2007. Doesn't even feature in the top 50 since 2000. World's best?? HAHAHA what a joke. Like I said, he's lucky to be Bangladeshi. Wouldn't have gotten to 264 games wearing a different jersey.
The joke is on you. Under your criteria, Hemp of Bermuda is the #1 left handed opener in the world since 2007. Go read my original comment. That 47th where 40+ are already retired.
Old February 23, 2017, 09:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The joke is on you. Under your criteria, Hemp of Bermuda is the #1 left handed opener in the world since 2007. Go read my original comment. That 47th where 40+ are already retired.
I read your comment. Found it ridiculous but I read it. So all of a sudden Renshaw, Khawaja, Warner, Elgar, de Kock, Latham are not left handed??? or did they all retire for your convenience?

Now who's having difficulty swallowing the truth? I guess its just easier to play the victim. Tamim is the best in the world and only reason he doesnt get an IPL contract is because Indians hates us. Oh the injustice!!!!
Old February 23, 2017, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Now who's having difficulty swallowing the truth? I guess its just easier to play the victim. Tamim is the best in the world and only reason he doesnt get an IPL contract is because Indians hates us. Oh the injustice!!!!
Old February 24, 2017, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
I read your comment. Found it ridiculous but I read it. So all of a sudden Renshaw, Khawaja, Warner, Elgar, de Kock, Latham are not left handed??? or did they all retire for your convenience?

I don't know that the conversation has been but

Renshaw has played like 2 matches

Elgar isn't

De Kock isn't an opener in tests

Latham is arguable either way

Khawaja plays when in form, gets dropped as soon as he loses it, hence his average, but you can have that

Edit: if it's just T20, I don't care I could be wrong on all counts... Didn't realise it was ipl thread

Old February 24, 2017, 05:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
When India lost 4-0 to Australia in Australia the last time they visited I am just curious what was your view on the defeat, I am not trying to antagonize you or anything, I am just curious if you are biased or you are actually genuinely concerned about the performance.

Yes, pitch was flat as anything. But do you see the difference in pitch given to Australia? The Pune pitch is said to be a rank turner. You can argue all you want but to me it seems India was scared, well scared is not a good word, but probably hesistant to play a spinning track, eventhough we just came back from the bouncy and seaming condition in NZ. These are all strategies, everyone uses their home advantages. It was strange to see India not using their home advantage.

Obviously we failed with the bat, but there was an added advantage to India after having won the toss. The pitch was batting heaven, anyone batting for the 2nd time had an enormous disadvantage because they would have to bat in the last innings. The pitch still held up but Shakib was out due to rough and I think all the lefties suffered to Jadeja.

Fret not, I will say we didn't play well still. We didn't bowl well to be particular. I thought we showed some grit with the bat, having batted close to 240 overs? And the fact we didn't collapse in the 2nd innings. But India is in supreme form, Kohli is amazing as an captain, above all he has increased his patience which is great to see. If I was a hard worker I would love him as my captain and he would love me but anyone playing under him slightly letting things go will not like this guy. He is very much a hands on captain.

Let's move on, India lost 4-0 to Australia but they gained a lot of things in that tour. The way they went after the score in Adelaide set the platform for the team to have winning mentality. The change is there for everyone to see. Kohli set that up and needs to be credited, we too are getting the fight we want from the team from NZ, and now in India. At home we can be at automode because we will win most of the matches, or should, that's what I feel. It's the fight you give in away condition that sets up teams for the future. I felt we gave a good fight.

Btw as a fan, this is exactly what I want to see before we start winning, it is not enough I want us to win all the times but there is a gradual process. At this point of time I want us to grind our teeth and stay in the wicket not doing anything stupid when we need to bat 120 overs for a draw.
Everything about your post was so wrong that I dont know where to start.

A) We did not lose against Australia 4-0 last time we toured them. We have drawn the MCG and Sydney test. If you had followed the first game in Brisbane, you would know Virat almost single handedly won us that game when the ball was turning square. The only game we lost convincingly was the Brisbane test which is a fortress for Aussies anyway.

B) India being rank 1 test team and undefeated for 18 test matches was scared of BD? That has to be the most bizzare thing I have ever heard in a very long time.

Anyway I wont go into much details.
Old February 24, 2017, 05:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6

A) We did not lose against Australia 4-0 last time we toured them. We have drawn the MCG and Sydney test. If you had followed the first game in Brisbane, you would know Virat almost single handedly won us that game when the ball was turning square. The only game we lost convincingly was the Brisbane test which is a fortress for Aussies anyway.

B) India being rank 1 test team and undefeated for 18 test matches was scared of BD? That has to be the most bizzare thing I have ever heard in a very long time.

What a change in fortune, Austin find others saying bizzare things Cant decide which is better, this or India's scorecard today .
Old February 24, 2017, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6

Honestly, I don't expect anything else from you either
ps: If you look at my last post on the thread, you would actually see that I corrected myself and said I was thinking 4-0 because of the test+odi, the truth is out there - x files. If you look more closely, you would see me saying stuff like we lost 8-0 to NZ because of the total number of games lost (Test, T20s, ODIs). India actually lost 5-0 but I was atleast close. It's all in the last page.
Old February 28, 2017, 01:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
I don't know that the conversation has been but

Renshaw has played like 2 matches

Elgar isn't

De Kock isn't an opener in tests

Latham is arguable either way

Khawaja plays when in form, gets dropped as soon as he loses it, hence his average, but you can have that

Edit: if it's just T20, I don't care I could be wrong on all counts... Didn't realise it was ipl thread
It wasn't just T20. It was all three formats last 10 years. We were talking about left handed openers. I already gave Warner and Cook a pass. Then it is all Tamim by miles. He disagrees. More power to him.
Old February 28, 2017, 01:41 PM
Cricket Savant

This Tymal Mills guy who just got a fat paycheck; Bangalore would lose again if they play him in every game. With that kind of home pitch...

They didn't have any other alternatives? Seems like waste of Money. Who is the guy calling the shots for that team? His base price was 50 Lakh. He got 12 Crore (Indian Rupees).
Old March 3, 2017, 02:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MashTamimFiqur al Hasan

i have been slightly out of touch with some cricket news so can someone please clarify for me if any bangladeshi players have been picked for this years ipl? is the fizz back for sunrisers?