facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old February 8, 2015, 07:17 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Fantastic set piece delivery that was. Header was even better.

Old February 8, 2015, 07:57 AM

Goal in injury time. Ban 2- 3 Malaysia.
Old February 8, 2015, 08:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

haira gelam, missed the match
Old February 8, 2015, 08:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

possesion,shots, corners shob i to amader beshi, tarporeo harlam
khela jomsilo
Old February 8, 2015, 08:20 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Heartbreak, 92 min goal. Keeper came flying out unnecessarily and missed the ball, and the header was free into the back of the net...
Old February 8, 2015, 08:24 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

BD played so well, unlucky no to win this final against Malaysia.
I sense football is growing back again in BD, its very popular in Sylhet I can say that for sure anyway, and these sort of events will help develop the nation's football team. Need more of this regional tournament.
Old February 8, 2015, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh always unlucky.. they played exceedingly well.. but the same story
Old February 12, 2015, 05:12 PM

Old March 23, 2015, 08:55 AM

Default এক ম্যাচেই সাবিনার ১৬ গোল!

এ দেশের প্রথম নারী ক্রীড়াবিদ হিসেবে তিনি গিয়েছেন বিদেশের লিগে খেলতে। এটুকু তথ্যই সাবিনা খাতুনকে নিয়ে গর্ব করার জন্য যথেষ্ট। কিন্তু সাবিনা নিজে তাতে সন্তুষ্ট হবেন কেন? বিদেশের মাটিতে কেবল খেলতে যাওয়াই নয়, দারুণ কিছু করে তা স্মরণীয় করে রাখাই যে লক্ষ্য ছিল সাতক্ষীরার এই মেয়ের।
মালদ্বীপের উইমেন্স ফুটবল ফিয়েস্তা প্রতিযোগিতায় তিনি খেলছেন মালদ্বীপ পুলিশের হয়ে। আর সাবিনা ছোট্ট দ্বীপরাষ্ট্রে বইয়ে দিয়েছেন গোলের বন্যা। কাল এম ই ই’র বিপক্ষে সাবিনার পুলিশ জিতেছে ২৫-০ গোলে! আর তাতে সাবিনার একার গোলই ১৬! এও কি সম্ভব? সম্ভব, অবশ্যই সম্ভব! যে খেলোয়াড় আগের ম্যাচেই চার-চারটি গোল করেছেন, তাঁর পক্ষে ১৬ গোলও অসম্ভব নয়।
প্রথমার্ধেই এম ই ই’র বিপক্ষে আধ ডজন গোল পেয়েছিলেন সাবিনা। দ্বিতীয়ার্ধে ধারণ করেন রুদ্রমূর্তি! করেন ১০ খানা গোল। এক ফুটবলারেরা নামের পাশে এক ম্যাচেই ১৬ গোল, ফুটবলের রেকর্ডের খাতা উল্টে পাল্টে দেখতে বাধ্য করছেন সাবিনা।
সাবিনা তাহলে কেবল আমাদের গর্বই নন, বিস্ময়-বালিকাও!

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A7%8B%E0%A6%B2
Old March 23, 2015, 09:40 AM
Administrator

It's not football but futsal, hence the number of goals.

But, great to see her dominate!
Old March 25, 2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
It's not football but futsal, hence the number of goals.

But, great to see her dominate!
didn't know that. Nonetheless,she is playing well,
Old April 3, 2015, 07:06 AM

Like i said we badly need a good gk.

Quote:
Bangladesh will play a total of eight matches in the World Cup Qualifiers with the first two matches in Bangladesh on June 11 and 16. Their opponents will be decided on April 14.
http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/f...ird-term-75298
Old April 13, 2015, 06:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I have a close friend, He is a decent striker. He lives in USA, CT and He goes to Bangladesh about once every couple of years. Can he qualify for the Bangladesh National team ?

*How good he really is i will leave that up to your judgement, just watch him dominate and do his thing*

My friends say I am a good goalie, but this claim is untested against quality opposition, so i will not risk myself, hehe, but i prefer playing defense. Goalkeeping is all about awareness and decision making and superior reflexes. of course, as the coach says, Height helps which i do not have....Like everyone else, I am feeling very optimistic and enthusiastic about Bangladesh football. I sincerely hope if we can somehow manage to go to round three and beyond if possible.
Old May 18, 2015, 06:17 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Today's PA:

Old May 18, 2015, 07:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I have a close friend, He is a decent striker. He lives in USA, CT and He goes to Bangladesh about once every couple of years. Can he qualify for the Bangladesh National team ?....
No. 1990. My friend started college in RIT. He played a tournament there. I think inter college or something. At any rate, they had Europeans and South Americans playing games. He scored 11 goals in 5 matches and became the player of the tournament. Back then there was no professional league here in US. That was the highest level of competition. He lives in Australia now. Electrical Engineer from RIT. SSC 1st boy, HSC 2nd in Dhaka board. It is not that easy.
Old May 24, 2015, 06:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Fixtures for Bangladesh Football team:

30/05/2015 - Bangladesh vs Singapore (Friendly) to be broadcasted live on Channel 9 Bangladesh, people overseas can stream this game. Please watch this game and show support for the Bangladesh in social media if possible.

02/06/2015 - Bangladesh vs Afghanistan (Friendly)

11/06/2015 - Bangladesh vs Krygistan (WC Qualifiers)

16/06/2015 - Bangladesh vs Tajikistan (WC Qualifiers)

The ranking difference between Bangladesh and Krygistan is negligible, it is more than possible to beat them. And we already beat Tajikistan on our last encounter in 2010. If we can stay positive and play our best game, we can end up 3rd or 4th on the group, which means we automatically qualify for the next round of 2019 AFC Asia Cup Qualifiers, although our road to Russia would end right there.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
Fixtures for Bangladesh Football team:

30/05/2015 - Bangladesh vs Singapore (Friendly) to be broadcasted live on Channel 9 Bangladesh, people overseas can stream this game. Please watch this game and show support for the Bangladesh in social media if possible.

02/06/2015 - Bangladesh vs Afghanistan (Friendly)

11/06/2015 - Bangladesh vs Krygistan (WC Qualifiers)

16/06/2015 - Bangladesh vs Tajikistan (WC Qualifiers)

The ranking difference between Bangladesh and Krygistan is negligible, it is more than possible to beat them. And we already beat Tajikistan on our last encounter in 2010. If we can stay positive and play our best game, we can end up 3rd or 4th on the group, which means we automatically qualify for the next round of 2019 AFC Asia Cup Qualifiers, although our road to Russia would end right there.
it would be extremely hard for us to beat anyone. We have nobody to score goal. Our strikers atm are simply horrible to say the least. Our wingers are pacy and can dribble past player but their finishing is poor as well.Not to mention our gk situation. So sad to see such a good midfield getting wasted. Having saying this for a while, with a decent striker ahead of this midfield along with a good gk we can do wonders.

Edit : I'm waiting to see how enamul performs given he gets his chance in the final squad. Scoring goals regularly in domestic league so far this season (which is a very rare to see from our strikers now a days)
Old May 25, 2015, 12:29 AM
Test Cricketer

^Agreed. Our best striker in the current squad, Ameli has got only 13 goals in 56 matches (at least a third of them must have come from penalties). I would love to see Enamul in the squad too. BFF picked 2 new GKs for their preliminary squad, which is a good sign.

I would be interested to see Reasat Khaton playing on our squad at least for 1 game. He had his youth career in a Div 2 German team and has played against Thomas Muller, Sami Khedira, Marco Reus et al. Although, after that he didn't find much success in Germany, playing in 4th Div clubs there. He is currently playing in a Filipino Div 1 club, but he isn't regular on the starting XI there as well.

He has been named for our preliminary squad, I would say BFF should give him a chance to make an appearance. His vast international experience alone could do the squad a lot of help, take for example the inclusion Jamal Bhuya. We should play him as our Left Wing Mid.

Although we have low chance of beating any team at all, we should at least tie games wherever possible. We have a good defensive line up. Note that all the teams except for the 4 worst would automatically qualify for AFC 2019 Asia cup qualifiers.
Old May 25, 2015, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
^Agreed. Our best striker in the current squad, Ameli has got only 13 goals in 56 matches (at least a third of them must have come from penalties). I would love to see Enamul in the squad too. BFF picked 2 new GKs for their preliminary squad, which is a good sign.

I would be interested to see Reasat Khaton playing on our squad at least for 1 game. He had his youth career in a Div 2 German team and has played against Thomas Muller, Sami Khedira, Marco Reus et al. Although, after that he didn't find much success in Germany, playing in 4th Div clubs there. He is currently playing in a Filipino Div 1 club, but he isn't regular on the starting XI there as well.

He has been named for our preliminary squad, I would say BFF should give him a chance to make an appearance. His vast international experience alone could do the squad a lot of help, take for example the inclusion Jamal Bhuya. We should play him as our Left Wing Mid.

Although we have low chance of beating any team at all, we should at least tie games wherever possible. We have a good defensive line up. Note that all the teams except for the 4 worst would automatically qualify for AFC 2019 Asia cup qualifiers.
that should be our goal. I think our coach also said something like that.
anyway, Reasat is striker or midfielder? We already have a solid midfield in place. Cant see anyone playing ahead of heamanta-jamal-mamunul unless one of them is injured or we play with 4 mid. If he can play in one of the front three position i would definitely give him a chance.
Old May 27, 2015, 07:52 AM

Old May 29, 2015, 05:16 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

BD vs Singapore today at 4 pm BD time.
Good Luck Team

http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/arti...াচ-নয়
Old May 30, 2015, 12:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
BD vs Singapore today at 4 pm BD time.
Good Luck Team

http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/arti...াচ-নয়
Anyone knows any good streaming links for Channel 9 Bangladesh for us living overseas
Old May 30, 2015, 07:54 AM

Default Singapore edge past Bangladesh 2-1

Bangladesh took the lead in the very 4th minute of the match when skipper Mamunul Islam curved a free kick from the right flank and Nasiruddin Chowdhury angular header landed in the far post net. (1-0)

Singapore pressed hard and in the 13th minute Nawaz Hameed’s side footed shot from the right corner of the six yard box was fisted away by Bangladesh goalkeeper Mazharul Islam Himel.

However Singapore restored the parity in the 31st minute through Nawaz Hameed. Hafiz bin Abu Sujad cured the cross for Hameed from the left hand flag and Hameed headed it into the side post, a quick recovery saw Hameed take control of the rebound and he placed the ball into the near post. ( 1-1)

Bangladesh winger Sohel Rana broke free in the 43rd minute but placed the ball wide off the far post with Abdullah Sunny alone under the post.

In the 63rd minute Enamul cut a low cross from the right flank and Hemanta took control of it at the middle of the box, however his right footer was cleared by Abdullah Sunny .

Singapore forward K.A. Bin Kamal’s header on a cross of substitute Sahril bin Ishak floated over the crosspiece in the 66 minute.

Singapore went up in the 73rd minute when Hafiz bin Abu Sujad cut a corner in the middle of the box, Bangladesh goalie Himel punched it, but the ball landed into the feet of KA.Bin Kamal who shot the ball into the far post net. (2-1)

http://www.bff.com.bd/bff/index.php?...news&Itemid=74

Same old story
Old May 30, 2015, 02:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

recruit Shakib al Hasan as striker(center forward)
Old December 29, 2015, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

So Bangladesh's football continues to dip. Once we used to get beaten 4-0, 5-0 by the Malaysia's and Thailands. Now we are getting trounced like this against Maldives, Afghanistan etc.