facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3976  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:12 AM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-ess
Don't get me started on Sammy! If you gather all of our playing XI plus all the picchis that go in and out of the team, still you'll find Sammy's intelligence is more than all of them put together. Don't forget he only debuted in 2007 and was out of the team for a while afterwards. I work with a couple of hardcore west indian fans and they were calling for Sammy's head when he started regularly featuring in the team(post 2009 I think) as was a wasteful part of the XI. I know as a Bangladesh fan I'm in no position to say this, but Sammy was and still is pretty ordinary as a PLAYER. But as a captain Now!!! That's a complete different story, he's worked wonders ever since he's been appointed captain of team that was pretty much dead and buried at the time. His captaincy skills will make one think he's been in the game for a rather long time. To be able to assert your authority over the big guns like Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, pollard is no job of a fool!

Go Sammy!
well said!
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #3977  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:14 AM
DMan DMan is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 5, 2011
Posts: 332

WI has won. I'm sleeping early tonight! See you all on Thursday night for the 1st ODI.
Reply With Quote
  #3978  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:14 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: The BIG D
Favorite Player: Shakib-BIjoy-Rumman
Posts: 33,786

Will Gayle carry his bat? Legendary feat for any test opener.

Powell just blocked a fulltoss like Nazza! and Rocky. A prompts La Gordita to sing.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #3979  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:15 AM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,897

hamstring niya 6 ta nilo ... odikey kallis bowling kortey parchey na... wi is superman!
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #3980  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:16 AM
ialbd's Avatar
ialbd ialbd is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 7, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,845

congrats WI on the clean sweep... and we are back to the respectable victory days.... well we never went pass those days anyways in Test...
__________________
KingKortobboBimur.....
Reply With Quote
  #3981  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:17 AM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-ess
Don't get me started on Sammy! If you gather all of our playing XI plus all the picchis that go in and out of the team, still you'll find Sammy's intelligence is more than all of them put together. Don't forget he only debuted in 2007 and was out of the team for a while afterwards. I work with a couple of hardcore west indian fans and they were calling for Sammy's head when he started regularly featuring in the team(post 2009 I think) as was a wasteful part of the XI. I know as a Bangladesh fan I'm in no position to say this, but Sammy was and still is pretty ordinary as a PLAYER. But as a captain Now!!! That's a complete different story, he's worked wonders ever since he's been appointed captain of team that was pretty much dead and buried at the time. His captaincy skills will make one think he's been in the game for a rather long time. To be able to assert your authority over the big guns like Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, pollard is no job of a fool!

Go Sammy!
Yes indeed.. Sammy is very smart and thinking captain !!
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #3982  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:17 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Shakib missing ODIs...for injury..???
Reply With Quote
  #3983  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:18 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Will Gayle carry his bat? Legendary feat for any test opener.
lol this makes me remember javed omar..the only opener in world cricket to carry his bat through the innings without getting a century
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #3984  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:19 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,494

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Shakib missing ODIs...for injury..???
no he decided not to play in the team of losers
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #3985  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:22 AM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,446

Abul Hasan scored more runs than Gayle this series lol.
Reply With Quote
  #3986  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:27 AM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,897

Congratulations to West Indies and Sammy for two great matches. Best wishes to your futures!
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #3987  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:27 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Abul Hasan scored more runs than Gayle this series lol.
OMG we WON!!!
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #3988  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:28 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
lol this makes me remember javed omar..the only opener in world cricket to carry his bat through the innings without getting a century
If we would have continued with Jo and RS in test matches, we could have drawn quiet a few test matches by now..... They would have also become better with time I guess...
Reply With Quote
  #3989  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:30 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
no he decided not to play in the team of losers
Ya the team was following him....
Reply With Quote
  #3990  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:30 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 24,928

no sh... dummy check
Reply With Quote
  #3991  
Old November 25, 2012, 12:32 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 24,928

no he didnt entertain the crowd
Reply With Quote
  #3992  
Old November 25, 2012, 01:04 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 7,240

Interesting read-
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/news/308353
Many of us already know all that, but still.
Reply With Quote
  #3993  
Old November 25, 2012, 01:24 AM
Furtibaaz's Avatar
Furtibaaz Furtibaaz is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 17, 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 100

I don't have much in the form of any kind of "come back" to comments like "Bangladesh should not be a test playing nation" after yet another disappointing test series in the last 12 years...........However, "Are we ever going to learn" is what my ingenuous soul continues to search for..."so naive" what others assert.

So close to at least five more centuries and we threw them all away in the two matches....ans yes we should won the first test..... just mind boggling!!!

Nonetheless TIGER fan forever !!!
Reply With Quote
  #3994  
Old November 25, 2012, 01:28 AM
Isnaad's Avatar
Isnaad Isnaad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 18, 2008
Location: Dhaka Cantonment
Favorite Player: 75 69 29
Posts: 5,175

Abul Hasan's average is higher than that of Bradman! XD
__________________
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Reply With Quote
  #3995  
Old November 25, 2012, 02:35 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,315

The reality of BD cricket will never dampen the resolve and support of the BD fans, who blindly back the team when they just don't deserve it.

I praise the amazing supporters of cricket - the fans - for this superb vocal and crazy fanaticism of the players.

It makes for a special atmosphere and excitement when there should be none and shows how much passion BD fans have for the team and country. One day, we all hope it translates to the players.

I salute you all!!!
__________________
Vaughan, "The Bangladesh team are no better now than they were when they started as a Test Nation in 2000.... Actually I reckon they are Worse...."
Reply With Quote
  #3996  
Old November 25, 2012, 03:43 AM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,868

Thank you Ian Pont for being one of the best well wisher of BD cricket!
Reply With Quote
  #3997  
Old November 25, 2012, 04:10 AM
shivfan's Avatar
shivfan shivfan is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 5, 2011
Location: London
Favorite Player: Shiv Chanderpaul
Posts: 758

Well done, Tino....

Bring on the ODIs!
__________________
2013 BPL fantasy league: http://www.cricket-match-special.com...p?f=16&t=19531
Reply With Quote
  #3998  
Old November 25, 2012, 04:18 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: Chicago
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
The reality of BD cricket will never dampen the resolve and support of the BD fans, who blindly back the team when they just don't deserve it.

I praise the amazing supporters of cricket - the fans - for this superb vocal and crazy fanaticism of the players.

It makes for a special atmosphere and excitement when there should be none and shows how much passion BD fans have for the team and country. One day, we all hope it translates to the players.

I salute you all!!!
Coach, from your very recent tone, it sounds as though even if you were offered all the money in the world to coach BD, you would refuse since the players are hell bent on self destructing. Is this correct?
__________________
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Reply With Quote
  #3999  
Old November 25, 2012, 04:11 PM
BrianLara7's Avatar
BrianLara7 BrianLara7 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 6, 2012
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Coach, from your very recent tone, it sounds as though even if you were offered all the money in the world to coach BD, you would refuse since the players are hell bent on self destructing. Is this correct?
LOL, if offered enough money even likes of Flower/ Arthur will leave England/ Australia to come coach Bangladesh, guranteed. Money talks
Reply With Quote
  #4000  
Old November 25, 2012, 11:40 PM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 7,240

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
LOL, if offered enough money even likes of Flower/ Arthur will leave England/ Australia to come coach Bangladesh, guranteed. Money talks
Yup. They are professionals after all.
__________________
Nevermind
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket