facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 3, 2012, 09:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
ekdom thik.
can't believe still we are complaining about Tamim's ego or attitude. a cricketer doesn't necessarily have to be a humble person,as long as they are honest,disciplined & consistent nothing else should matter.
I know Tamim's incident with Ash is not an example of good discipline but he admitted that and said sorry to Ash...What more do we need?
We call it ego
I think he was slightly insecure because Mash and Shakib were travelling business and he felt left out
Tamim should be aggressive, maybe leave out immitating sehwag
Ashraful had it coming, someone neeed to give him a hiding and tamim only did that verbally
Old May 4, 2012, 12:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oronnya: eh ego thaklei ki?? ego na thakle kemon personality hin lage (ami kono player er example ekhane ditei chachhi na ).. Tamim or attitude er jonnoi etto succesful batsman compared to our other players.. amader koita player opposition bowler /batsman ke challenge chhure diye khele?? Tamim, Shakib, Mash r Mushy(kokhono kokhono) chhara ami arro kotha bhabte parchhi na.. Nasir is getting there.. minmine player diye ashole amader hobe na.. dekhen na Riyad jokhon dorkar tokhon shahosh kore ekta boundary marte pare na.. performance comes with their attitude.. Tamimder attitude thik e achhe.. unethical kichhu na korlei holo
Quote:
ekdom thik.
can't believe still we are complaining about Tamim's ego or attitude. a cricketer doesn't necessarily have to be a humble person,as long as they are honest,disciplined & consistent nothing else should matter.
I know Tamim's incident with Ash is not an example of good discipline but he admitted that and said sorry to Ash...What more do we need?
Ego or attitude is perfect on field if that suits him or lifts his game.

But if that ego or attitude comes in the dressing room, that only divides the team and creates problem of discipline. It doesn't remain a team. So one needs to keep that balance. TI had that problem and his attitude problem became a discipline problem during BPL as well. That's why, all these discussions.

There is no problem with his attitude or aggressiveness on field.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old May 4, 2012, 01:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

But if that ego or attitude comes in the dressing room, that only divides the team and creates problem of discipline. It doesn't remain a team. So one needs to keep that balance. TI had that problem and his attitude problem became a discipline problem during BPL as well. That's why, all these discussions.

exact to the point, beautifully said!
Old May 4, 2012, 03:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:

look bro, I don't know what you are talking about when u say Tamim brings problems in the dressing room or whatever he did during BPL...all I know is Dean Jones got fired later on so ...
Old May 4, 2012, 04:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:

Yeah I know what mean and you are right on that. But a cool headed person can create the same amount of tension in the dressing room if he is a politician .. It actually depends on the personality.. Me being a short tempered and outspoken person I think I'm more comfortable dealing with people who says everything on my face rather than talking on my back.. er jonnoi matha gorom manushder proti amar shohanubhuti beshi karon ami jani how hard it is to control the anger or frustration.. I'm not justifying their attitudes but I don't think that comes from any superiority complex.. It's always easy to criticize and misunderstand these type of people as their flaws are just in front of your eyes but my personal experience says some quiet people can be more dangerous than short tempered ones..
Old May 4, 2012, 08:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
look bro, I don't know what you are talking about when u say Tamim brings problems in the dressing room or whatever he did during BPL...all I know is Dean Jones got fired later on so ...
Again we call it ego but is it ego? is it disciplinary issues? Dean Jones is an idiot and not surprised with what happened. Good thing jonesy got kicked out

I back TI to the hilt
Old May 4, 2012, 09:15 PM
Administrator

I always say, if you've got it flaunt it.
Old May 4, 2012, 09:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Yes Boss .. that's what I believe too !!
Old May 4, 2012, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend

It's probably Z Bhai and Mae West who said that.
Old May 4, 2012, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
It's probably Z Bhai and Mae West who said that.
She could definitely flaunt them. She also said - if you have a good thing, over do it. That's the American way (or words to the effect). Smart lady there.

On topic - what bothered me about TI are lowered expectations. The 1-2-3-4 finger signaling after the 4 fifties was a bit much. Had they been 100s, fine. Flaunting fifties - um no, set your targets higher.
Old May 5, 2012, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:

yeah baby! yeah!!

i believe this too, i believe all beutiful women should be pole dancers.
Old May 5, 2012, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
She could definitely flaunt them. She also said - if you have a good thing, over do it. That's the American way (or words to the effect). Smart lady there.

On topic - what bothered me about TI are lowered expectations. The 1-2-3-4 finger signaling after the 4 fifties was a bit much. Had they been 100s, fine. Flaunting fifties - um no, set your targets higher.
The main problem is that 4 fifties in a row was history for BD cricket. Nobody else had done it. Expectations in BD is lower then other countries. So it's not easy for Tamim and Shakib because they've already achieved more then the rest of our other players. They have to realize that they can do so much more.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

কি আজিব শেওয়াগের হাতে দেহি কোন আঙ্গুলই নাই
হে বেটায় ব্যাটকরে কেমনে ??!!
টি২০ খেলায় পরপর ৫টা ৫০+ রানের খেলা দিয়াওতো দেহি হেই বেটায় কোন আঙ্গুল দেহাইতে পারে নাই
কইনতো ঘটনা-টা কি !!!???

Old May 7, 2012, 06:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

To those who wanted to know about tamim

Tamim used to study in Sunshine Grammar School and College. He was not interested in study, only in cricket AFAIK. He came to play a cricket match against our school a long time ago and he scored almost 80% of the runs!! He prob. didnt do his A levels, and his O level grades were poor...

Tamim used to do coaching classes of a teacher in my school. As far as Ive heard, tamim used to Get involved in fights and also that he had some addiction related problems. However Im not sure about that Im not telling that it is def. true but this are just rumours(Journalists may think otherwise). There was also an incident were he got into a scuffle with some other Gunda marka polapain and the next day he was found bleeding infront of our Upper school drain. Thats what ive heard from sources.

I believe all these are not true but after's tamim attitude towards Ashraful im starting to think otherwise.
Old May 7, 2012, 07:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Gareth Bale

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker

Tamim used to study in Sunshine Grammar School and College. He was not interested in study, only in cricket AFAIK. He came to play a cricket match against our school a long time ago and he scored almost 80% of the runs!! He prob. didnt do his A levels, and his O level grades were poor...

Tamim used to do coaching classes of a teacher in my school. As far as Ive heard, tamim used to Get involved in fights and also that he had some addiction related problems. However Im not sure about that Im not telling that it is def. true but this are just rumours(Journalists may think otherwise). There was also an incident were he got into a scuffle with some other Gunda marka polapain and the next day he was found bleeding infront of our Upper school drain. Thats what ive heard from sources.

I believe all these are not true but after's tamim attitude towards Ashraful im starting to think otherwise.
This is juicy information. You could be a journalist. But he wasnt so serious in studying then how does he know how to speak english well?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old May 7, 2012, 08:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
But he wasnt so serious in studying then how does he know how to speak english well?
What has speaking English got to do with studies ? Most kids from English Medium Schools nowadays speak decent English from Grade 2 itself.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

He is a man amongst the boys!!
Big deal he fought as a kid, I mean who didnt beside the nerds?
He was probably not even great at studies but guess what he has a larger bank account than almost all the guys who topped his class...
He is the best at what he does!
Old May 7, 2012, 08:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan

Quote:
He prob. didnt do his A levels, and his O level grades were poor...
If I had 5 straight A's at O level , I would be quiet happy to trade them with 50 percent of Tamim's Talent.
Old May 7, 2012, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Interesting info.. Yeah I can picture him getting into a fight very often.. or modhhe dadagiri ekta bhaab ase.. jinishta kharap na kintu eita Shakib er modhheo transfer hoyechhe somehow jeta Shakib ke actually manai na.. Jai hok 2tai ettu matha rekhe khelata thikbhabe chaliye gelei hoi..
Old May 7, 2012, 09:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
This is juicy information. You could be a journalist. But he wasnt so serious in studying then how does he know how to speak english well?

hahaha, vai ei ta apni ki bollen?
Old May 7, 2012, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
He is a man amongst the boys!!
Big deal he fought as a kid, I mean who didnt beside the nerds?
He was probably not even great at studies but guess what he has a larger bank account than almost all the guys who topped his class...
He is the best at what he does!
Agree, let him do what he wants. As long as he doesnt act like a jongli. Even gautam gambhir was herd to have gotten into a fight. BTW, when he got into a fight he was in the mid teens or older. Big diff. between kids fighting and teens fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
If I had 5 straight A's at O level , I would be quiet happy to trade them with 50 percent of Tamim's Talent.
Amar O levele 7ta subjecte 90 ase, sheta ami tamimer 25% talenter jonno trade korteu raji
Old May 7, 2012, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:

Being able to speak in English has really nothing to do with seriousness. If you are in english medium school, its insulting if are unable to speak well in English.

And sometimes, I feel that even the 10-12 year olds in EM schools speak better than our boys. So if our boys studies everything in english, their english wudve been really good.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Agree, let him do what he wants. As long as he doesnt act like a jongli. Even gautam gambhir was herd to have gotten into a fight. BTW, when he got into a fight he was in the mid teens or older. Big diff. between kids fighting and teens fighting

Amar O levele 7ta subjecte 90 ase, sheta ami tamimer 25% talenter jonno trade korteu raji
bhab

btw,welcome back PM, wondering what happened to you in your one month rehab because as far as I remember one month ago u were TI's fan but now u come back with ek gada rumeurs.that's the last thing this thread needed
Old May 7, 2012, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
bhab

btw,welcome back PM, wondering what happened to you in your one month rehab because as far as I remember one month ago u were TI's fan but now u come back with ek gada rumeurs.that's the last thing this thread needed
Im still a TIK and you can see that from my avatar.

I was just telling you of some incidents, which doesnt necessarily mean that i dislike him. He is still my favourite batsman FYI.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:42 PM
Banned

Last year he completed an A-level in accounting, and he's currently looking to enrol in university.

"Being educated is very important, especially in a country like Bangladesh, and I'm working hard to be an educated person, but it's not been easy," he said. "When I was at school in Chittagong, most of the best cricket facilities were in Dhaka, so I took three years longer than I should have done to do my A-levels because I've been on the road non-stop.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/452976.html