facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 30, 2012, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Default BCB Media Release: Final of Standard Chartered Young Tigers National School Cricket Tournament 2012 tomorrow

Monday, 30 April 2012
Media Release
Final of Standard Chartered Young Tigers National School Cricket Tournament 2012 tomorrow
Barguna Zilla School and Technical School & College, Meherpur will face off in the final of the Standard Chartered Young Tigers National School Cricket Tournament 2012 at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium tomorrow (Tuesday, 01 May). The 50-overs contest starts at 9:30am.
State Minister for the Ministry of Youth & Sports Ahad Ali Sarker, MP will be the Chief Guest at the final and will hand over prizes.
Representatives of the print and electronic media are cordially requested to attend the match as your outstanding coverage will greatly inspire the future generation of Bangladeshi cricket stars.

PREVIOUS WINNERS (Standard Chartered Young Tigers National School Cricket Tournament)

YEAR: 2011 CHAMPION: Chittagong Police Institution
RUNNERS UP: Donavan Secondary School, Patuakhali

YEAR: 2010CHAMPION: BKSP
RUNNERS UP: Ankur Colegiate School & Colleger, Rajbari

YEAR: 2009
CHAMPION: Kabi Nazrul Shikkha Manjil, Meherpur
RUNNERS UP: Railway Hospital Colony City Corporation High School, Chittagong

YEAR: 2008
CHAMPION: BKSP
RUNNERS UP: Faridpur Zilla School, Faridpur
YEAR: 2006
RUNNERS UP: Parzowar Kalindi High School, Keraniganj

Old April 30, 2012, 09:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

So, the champions of each zone faced off each other already ???
Willes was the Champion of Dhaka Metro zone this year, any news how far they have gone in the National Championship ??
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 30, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

BCB oversees school cricket as well? Interesting. How old are the students who play in these tournies? High school age (14-18)?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 30, 2012, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Sometimes past 20. You have multiple time high school failures who register as a few years younger than they actually are.
Old April 30, 2012, 06:26 PM
BC Editorial Team

Heh heh, Mohammed Ali played for us (Willes) and he was literally a man among boys (keeper couldn't take anything bowled with a full run-up. Ah the good ole days when Opee was ripping his offies and scoring 50s for giggles.
Old May 2, 2012, 01:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

School cricket has come long ways in Bangladesh. I remember playing for the Class V, VI and VII for ULabHSC during the 70s. "PT" teachers used to arrange soccer, cricket and basketball matches amongst the same classes between schools and we used to play Shahin School a lot. They owned us in every sport with their frighteningly overage and thuggish players. The highest my class ever scored against Shahin was 43 all out in 1979. I top scored 11* after hit in the head by a couple of vicious bouncers. That was the last competitive match I played. Those "60 over" matches never went past 15-20 overs.

The current group of boys in these tournaments is way better than most of the league players during those times. Not a lot of buir'ha/gunda players anymore either.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 2, 2012, 01:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

there is no school level cricket here just like other countries u need school level coaching which is very necessary fro cricket development
Old May 2, 2012, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Wednesday, 02 May 2012
Media Release
Barguna Zilla School champions of Standard Chartered Young Tigers National School Cricket Tournament 2012
Barguna Zilla School emerged champions of the Standard Chartered Young Tigers National School Cricket Tournament 2012. In the final at the SBNCS, Mirpur on Tuesday Barguna Zilla School defeated Technical School & College, Meherpur by five wickets.
State Minister for the Ministry of Youth & Sports Ahad Ali Sarker, MP was the Chief Guest at the final.

Standard Chartered Young Tigers National School Cricket – 2012

Best Performers

Sl

Name

School

Runs

Wickets

Remarks

Al Amin

Teghoria High School, Keranigonj, Dhaka

Man of the Tournament

Mahbub Alam

technical School & College , Meherpur

Best batsman in the Tournament

Shafiqul Islam Shohag

Loknath High School, Rajshahi

Best bowler in the Tournament

Shakil Arman

Barguna Zilla School, barguna

4/9

Man of the Final

PREVIOUS WINNERS (Standard Chartered Young Tigers National School Cricket Tournament)

YEAR: 2011 CHAMPION: Chittagong Police Institution
RUNNERS UP: Donavan Secondary School, Patuakhali

YEAR: 2010CHAMPION: BKSP
RUNNERS UP: Ankur Colegiate School & Colleger, Rajbari

YEAR: 2009
CHAMPION: Kabi Nazrul Shikkha Manjil, Meherpur
RUNNERS UP: Railway Hospital Colony City Corporation High School, Chittagong

YEAR: 2008
RUNNERS UP: Faridpur Zilla School, Faridpur
YEAR: 2006
RUNNERS UP: Parzowar Kalindi High School, Keraniganj
Old May 2, 2012, 09:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

You can see the score card here

http://digicricket.marssil.com/match...op=2&match=231
Old May 2, 2012, 09:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Barguna champion, without having any of the best performers, bat/ball/All rounder......

Not sometimes, infact all the times, you have college guys playing for schools, and schools cooperating by producing legal docs...it's pretty hard to detect....
Old May 2, 2012, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Heh heh, Mohammed Ali played for us (Willes) and he was literally a man among boys (keeper couldn't take anything bowled with a full run-up. Ah the good ole days when Opee was ripping his offies and scoring 50s for giggles.
Good ole days indeed…
I played Nirman School cricket when I was in the tenth grade. It was my first year of playing cricket with hard ball. We had a club with students of our school, Banani Bidyaniketon (Bobby as we call it), and most of us were in the same grade with a couple of players that were older than us. We played Nirman School under a different school (not going to name them here); not a single player was from that school. Being a new English medium school they sponsored us to make their names out there. But unfortunately in the 2nd year, we, well the school we played under, got banned because my opening bowling partner bounced and hit opponent batsman on the head who started bleeding. Thank god he was ok but later there was an investigation (as one of the umpires recognized my friend from 2nd division cricket) which resulted in a five year ban for my friend and a ten year ban for the school to play in Nirman School.

And I do remember Opee, he was a pro in Nirman School by virtue of several years of experience playing in an age restrictive tournament.
Old May 2, 2012, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Opi and Rokon were veterans and pros in the age groups thanks to playing in them till they were a decade above the age limit. I opened the batting for my school in a couple of games, then lost interest and didn't go back to practice after grade 8. These days, I really only get to hold a bat once every six months or so. Physical exercise now takes the form of swimming and some running. Absolutely LOVE being in the water, always have.
Old May 2, 2012, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
The bolded part can be nothing more than a myth. Kept wickets as a kid (was never good), and seen people like saiful islam bowl at his full pace behind nets and seemed like someone i can keep wickets to. So if this guy was not faster than our national team bowler at that time than that statement cannot be true.

**I know Anisur rahman (national team bowler) was super fast...
Old May 2, 2012, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Anisur Rahman bowled in the 120's, no? Saiful was probably a tad slower.

Might have been a crappy 12 year old keeper too.
Old May 2, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Anisur Rahman bowled in the 120's, no? Saiful was probably a tad slower.

Might have been a crappy 12 year old keeper too.
Anisur Rahman probably was the first Phensi Addict (dail khor) national team cricketer of BD. I doubt if he bowled anything beyond 120k as atmr said. He just tasted a little bit of success because of him being lefty and a little bit of swing with lack of bounce. He was not fast at all.
Old May 2, 2012, 07:58 PM
BC Editorial Team

HereWeGo, it is not a myth. The keeper would literally would let 3-4 byes go bye if the run-up was a full one. I'm trying to remember his name ... This wasn't because Mohammed Ali was too fast but I'd say on his good days he def hit 130kph based on what I can judge from the bowling machines here.
Old May 2, 2012, 09:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Good ole days indeed…
I played Nirman School cricket when I was in the tenth grade. It was my first year of playing cricket with hard ball. We had a club with students of our school, Banani Bidyaniketon (Bobby as we call it), and most of us were in the same grade with a couple of players that were older than us. We played Nirman School under a different school (not going to name them here); not a single player was from that school. Being a new English medium school they sponsored us to make their names out there. But unfortunately in the 2nd year, we, well the school we played under, got banned because my opening bowling partner bounced and hit opponent batsman on the head who started bleeding. Thank god he was ok but later there was an investigation (as one of the umpires recognized my friend from 2nd division cricket) which resulted in a five year ban for my friend and a ten year ban for the school to play in Nirman School.

And I do remember Opee, he was a pro in Nirman School by virtue of several years of experience playing in an age restrictive tournament.
Betar vai..apar valo/daak naam ta ki? amar to mone hocche ami apnake chini..karon oi khela te amio chilam and i am also from bobby 89 batch