facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 23, 2009, 10:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.
Default Natural Game leads to natural death.

This time Jalal said it and I quote him here without quoting the whole mindless quote, " The decision to relive him.....so that he can play his natural game " !

So, that line of thinking - playing "natural game", is spread evenly from the Executives on down to Selectors, to the national team player, and I am sure, all the way down to Academy, Club, para cricketers aspiring to play for the country.

I want to know what the heck is "natural game"? We have all heard it from time to time in post match interviews, being parroted mercilessly by our players. Win or lose, after every game, the reason for success was "natural game" and the reason for failure was the inability to play "natural game".

If anything, we need to follow, practice and adjust to playing "situational game". I assume the natural game is the inherent flair of individuals who shows glimpses of domination. But, in intl cricket, the opposition is good enough to counter your natural tendencies by throwing roadblocks at it. Soon as that Avenue is blocked, we stall and die a natural death, since we are not capable of scoring runs via a different route, one that requires patience. In other words, we can't play the game of "take what is given" otherwise known an "situational cricket". For example, the demise of Ashraful and many others can be attributed to this mindless term called natural game. Of course a batsman must think positively and should have the mindset of dominating the opposition, but crucially, it can be done without consistently risking your wkt by launching low percentage shots for the sake of natural game.

Good job Jalal. You have just sent the message to Ashraful that don't do anything different, if anything, stick to your ways of BS Natural Game. I am sure, none of them know what 'natural game' really means, and when we have philosophers at the top green lighting something they themsleves don't understand, what comfort a simple fan like me can take towards a better outcome ?

P.S : Memo to BC mods- Next interview, please raise this little matter of "natural game" with Siddons. I am really curious to know what it means and whether he agrees or not.