facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 21, 2006, 01:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul
Default Teams Announced for Practice Matches

As reported in Prothom-alo, the teams for two practice matches before CT have been announced.

http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news...xMw==&mid=OA==

The matches are scheduled on 23rd and 25th at BKSP.Two teams stand as:

Team 'A': Bashar(Capt), SN, Ash, Aftab, Sakib, Farhad, Nadif Chowdhury,K Mashud, Rafique, Razzaque, Ziaur Rahman, Shahadat, Shafaq Al Zabir.

Team 'B': T Imran(Capt), Rajin, Nazmus Sadat, Jahirul Islam, Mehrab Jr., Manjarul Islam, Mushfiq Rahim,Tapash, Enamul Jr., Nazmul Hossain, Mahmudullah Ryad, Dollar Mahmud, Uttam Sarkar.

Now there are few points which attract my attention:

1. No Mashrafi or Rasel in any of the team.Which means both of them gonna miss both of the practice matches.So, not a good preparation for our pacers.

2. There are quite few new faces.Pardon my ignorance, but I haven't found the names like Ziaur Rahman, Jahirul Islam, Uttam Sarkar much frequent in recent discussions.

3. Rajin and Mehrab Jr are placed in the B team.Hopefully this will give Mehrab Jr. a better chance to prove his ability.

4. Personally I thought that SN should be given the chance to lead the B team.As he is the vice-captain of national team, this could be a way to test his performance as captain.But, might be the selectors want to test SN-Ash opening pair in practice matches?

What are your thoughts and expectation from the practice matches?