facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 8, 2013, 07:10 PM

Default Why the BCB should use DRS

Bangladesh is often blamed for not winning a "test match" since her debut in test cricket! Or, you could say not winning against the "elite" cricket nations!!

Why tigers failed to do so?

I could list tens of reasons, but I am not after those. Instead, I will focus on one reason and that is DRS (Umpire Decision Review System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

Why only DRS?

The answer lies here Bad Umpiring is killing us!

I know we aren't playing great test cricket, but we are playing good test cricket lately, say for the last three-four years, but failed to bring out any winning result only due to bad umpiring. We could have won few tests if some decisions could have gone our ways. Instead, umpires gave decisions in favour of "elits" willingly or unwillingly. Remember the tests against England in Dhaka and Chittagong few years back? We could have won both, but umpires decided not to. So were the situation against New Zealand. And we all saw how was the umpiring against Sri Lanka weeks back?

Now, Mr Scyld Berry could argue that "bad" umpiring is part of the game and "cats" should learn how to play test cricket.

Well, I refuse to agree with.
Why?

How on earth, an umpiring decision (i.e., LBW) goes in favour of a bowler when there is lack of solid evidence to prove that the ball was going to hit the stumps? You can certainly guess that the batter was a Bangladeshi here. exactly the same happens when a Bangladeshi bowler bowls, the batter seems plumb LBW, not surprisingly, the decision goes in favour of the opposition "elit" batter!!
Pity, eh?

Our captain Mushy said in a post match briefing "Mominul wasn't OUT" , where he mentioned one out could change or determine the outcome of a match for the tigers which I truly agree. For teams like us, one bad decision is enough to lose the match.

We aren't in a position to dictect the umpires for being unbaised, but we could control and monitor their decisions through DRS which would eliminate "wrong" decisions and gave a fair chance to the tigers to win a match or two.

I urge BCB to implement/use DRS every match tigers play, especially tests. If we don't win test matches soon, we might not be playing test any more in future. And if we lose our test status, BCB will surely lose revenue big time by failing to attract big sponsors. So, for BCB's shake, do the right thing BCB.

Use DRS, win tests, and save your a$$.