facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 29, 2005, 10:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Default who do you guys think has the best potential to be a future captain

we know that habibur bashar is doing a great job so far as captain. he has been leading from the front and he is our most winningest captain so far. but who do you guys think has the best potential to be the captain out of these guys
nafis iqbal- has captained the u-17 and u-19 team for our country. and his english is very good which is not the main thing but it definitely helps. and his 121 against zimbabwe under presure showed great maturity. maturity that captain needs to have.
rajin saleh- out of these guys rajin is the only one who has experience of captaining bangladesh team. eventhough the team nor himself played well in champions trophy but he has experience of captaining. he also captain in corporate league and also NCL.
aftab ahmed- i dont know about him captaining any side but he is still young and has potential to be a great cricketer.
mohammed ashraful- our best batsman. captained the a-team in duleep trophy. showed great ability with the bat a few times. his place in the team probably wont be touched for a long time.
masrafee bin murtaja- has a potential to be our chris carins. great with the ball and he showed that he can bat as well. if he is not injured his place in the team cannot be touched as well.
alok kapali- has captained a-team and other developing team. also captained slyhet. he has experience of captaining.
taposh baishya- in my mind the most underated player in our team. surved the team for a long time. when masrafee was injured he was our main strike bowler. he is not injury prone as masrafee, not much captaining experience but if he can improve his batting it will be hard to replace him.
mushfikur rahman- there was talks of making him the captain at one time. captained rajshahi and won the NCL.
enamul haque jr- young guy not any captain experience as far as i know but he can surve the team for a long time as our main spin bowler after rafique.
monjurul islam rana- captained in NCL. a great allarounder. could be captian in the future if he can stay in the team.
I KNOW THIS GUYS MOST OF THEM ARE YOUNG BUT THE POLL QUESTION IS WHO DO YOU GUYS THINK HAS THE BEST POTENTIAL TO BE THE CAPTAIN IN THE FUTURE?

Old April 29, 2005, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

I just want to point out that Enamul Captained U/19, after Ashiqur Rahman, for quite a while. He even captained BD-A against Zim-A for couple of games.
Old April 30, 2005, 12:28 AM
Test Cricketer

oh yes he did. sry forgot
Old April 30, 2005, 01:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

I think this topic had been discussed b4!
Old April 30, 2005, 01:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Saleh maybe... i know he wasnt all that great last time...but he is young
Old April 30, 2005, 01:44 AM
Cricket Legend

yeah. but looks like enamul. and also mushfiqur although he is too young to tell rite now.
Old April 30, 2005, 05:12 AM
Test Cricketer

masrafee bin murtaja
Old April 30, 2005, 05:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

2 early 2 say anything about these guyz... mayb murtoza!.. he's the real deal in our team
Old April 30, 2005, 11:27 AM
Richard McInnes
Manager / Head coach, National Cricket Academy
Former BD U19 Coach

Shaharie Nafees Ahmed is by far the best potential captain of the Bangladesh team, no questtion at all.

He has the game sense and the knowledge of how to play positive aggressive cricket. He should be the next skipper, there is no one else in the picture.
Old April 30, 2005, 11:36 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

even though i'd think that he is still too young, and when time comes for next cap'n it he might not be ready. but i'll take your words for it.

shahrier nafees is our next captain then!
Old April 30, 2005, 12:09 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

there you go guys... you have your answer from The U-19 Team's Coach himself!
Old April 30, 2005, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

shahriar nafees might be a good captain. but the thing is i never saw him before do this. as we all have seen mushfiq or enamul do it so i wont say anything about him now.
Old April 30, 2005, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Nafees Iqbal, because

1) already managed quite solid position in the team
2) has experience of captaincy
3) has a big mouth
4) good english skill

And finally, he can learn a lot from his uncle in private, who was one of the best captains this country ever had
Old April 30, 2005, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Nafees Iqbal, because

1) already managed quite solid position in the team
2) has experience of captaincy
3) has a big mouth
4) good english skill

And finally, he can learn a lot from his uncle in private, who was one of the best captains this country ever had
seems like u r another great supporter of akram khan like me. handshake please. i am a big fan of akram khan too. i know many people wont agree that akram khan was good. but thats ok. he might be fat but u need to be a little bit fat to be a big boss. just like inzi.
Old April 30, 2005, 02:43 PM
Test Cricketer

i thought akram khan was a great captain. but he has retired and habibur bashar is the captain now who has been doing a great job. but we need to start thinking for a future captain because habibur bashar is getting old. i think we need to make one of these young guys into vice captain. vice captain should also have his position sealed into the team. ashraful would be fine but he didnt do too well in duleep trophy. rajin saleh was the vice captain before but his place in the team isnt sealed. he had some good performance but nothing too special. masrafee is alwasy injured eventhough he has been playing without injury lately. so for now khaled mashud is a good choice but i think the selectors needs to keep eyes on one of the youngster. i believe nafis iqbal is the best choice.
Old April 30, 2005, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

if you talk about someone who position is sealed in the team then yeah nafees iqbal is actually the choice. but another one is taposh. but i have no idea about his captaincy skills.
Old April 30, 2005, 03:12 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
seems like u r another great supporter of akram khan like me. handshake please. i am a big fan of akram khan too. i know many people wont agree that akram khan was good. but thats ok. he might be fat but u need to be a little bit fat to be a big boss. just like inzi.
*shakes hand*

Quote:
if you talk about someone who position is sealed in the team then yeah nafees iqbal is actually the choice. but another one is taposh. but i have no idea about his captaincy skills.
Some choices in this poll are doesn''t make any sense. Mushfiq Babu, Manja Rana??!!! :duh:
Old April 30, 2005, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

first of all mushfiqur rahman is not even in the team rite now. probably they were talking about making him the future captain of the rajshahi team. and rana doesnt even get to play in the team regularly. so probably they were talking about making him the captain of the khulna team in the NCL.
Old April 30, 2005, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

interesting pool........shahriar nafees is an interesting choice also.....looks like there is gona be a hard competition between two nafees...
Old April 30, 2005, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

i think for quite a while we are going to have captain named nafees. although they might not be the same nafees.
Old May 1, 2005, 12:28 AM
Test Cricketer

well mushfikur rahman was in the list of becoming the captain at one time. we even talked about this in this forum. no not of rajshahi team of the national team. thank god he didnt though. and i put monjurul islam rana because he is one of the young guys into the team. so i thought i should add him.
Old May 1, 2005, 02:15 AM
Cricket Legend

well adding rana is a good choice. the thing is in ODI's he is actually a good all rounder. but i think he has to be more regular in the test team. because we are still not in that stage where we can have two different teams for test match and ODI. for example for australia they used to have different captains in test and ODI and different batting order.
Old May 1, 2005, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
shahriar nafees might be a good captain. but the thing is i never saw him before do this. as we all have seen mushfiq or enamul do it so i wont say anything about him now.
In absence of Enamul, Shahriar captained BD-A in UAE tour and couple of test matches against ZIM-A. I am guessing, the Coach is making his judgement based on those games.