facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 18, 2002, 06:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default MAN OF THE MATCH :)

Finally....we have something to cheer about....Kapali is the man of the match His innings was truly great and must rank as one of the best played so far by any bangladesh batsmen given the circumstances...For God's sake the dude pulled the West Indian pacers for sixes!!!!!....coming in as late as he does...given that he plays with the lower order for company this young man is truly remarkable..It was a chanceless innings....hardly got beaten...punished the bad balls....its a shame that he didn't get his century....he was the saving grace of our batting line-up...I just hope some of our other 'talented' players would take a leaf out of his book...BRAVO!!!
Hopefully our performance in this test would keep the vultures after our test-status at bay for a while....
Our bowling was most impressive...MOST impressive...I really feel good about the future of our pace attack...we do have quite a few aspiring and talented pacers coming through the ranks as well...may be we can match Pakistan in terms of our pace attack in the sub-continent
However, we need a couple of quality spinners...a show-stopper to complement the fearsome pace quartet of Masri, Talha, Taposh and Manju

Old December 18, 2002, 08:20 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Only the 3rd player

He is only the 3rd player to be selected as Man of the Match being on the losing match for Bangladesh at International cricket.

The first Man of the Match was Atahar Ali Khan vs SL for his 78*, the second man of the match was Ashraful again vs SL for his century in Test match cricket in the Asian Test Championship not so long ago.

Apart from that, there were three others who contributed in winning matches for Bangladesh - Mohammad Rafique for his 77 as an opening batsman contributing in Bangladesh's first ever One Day win vs. Ken; Minhazul Abedin Nannu for his unbeaten 68 (or was it 53?) vs Scotland in the 1999 world cup and Khaled Mahmud for his allround performance by scoring 30 odd runs and taking 3 for 31 vs Pakistan also in the 1999 World Cup.
Old December 18, 2002, 08:24 AM
First BC Member

Players like Al Shahriar, Habibul Bashar (yes - though he scored over 1,000 Test runs for Bangladesh, but he never has won the man of the match award in any event for Bangladesh) - these two players should really notice what Kapali has done. I am mentioning only these two players because they are vastly talented as well as experienced, and yet they had failed to take man of the match award for Bangladesh on any occassion.
Old December 18, 2002, 09:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Kapali has really been a find. The last time he got a start, he made 52 and later commented that he should have gone on to make a hundred. I thought he was going to live up to that this time but he fell a little short. Anyway, he gets my vote as our player of the year.
Old December 18, 2002, 09:08 AM
First BC Member

Default Javed Omar

I forgot about Javed Omar. He is our first ever man of the match in test cricket.
Old December 18, 2002, 11:06 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

And off course, there is the SL tour, the best acheivement by any BD player.

Man of The Serise
Old December 18, 2002, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

How many does that make? I think Pilot really deserved Man of the Series
Old December 19, 2002, 05:44 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Kapali

We had Pilot alone fighting for a long time. Now we have someone else who isn't too shy (read: afraid) to stand up to our opponents:

A gifted leg-side player, Kapali is far from one dimensional as he demonstrated yesterday with some exquisite cover drives and square cuts. But the shot of the match was a pulled six off a barely short of length delivery from the high-flying Vasbert Drakes.

"The coach told me not to shy away from playing shots today so I went along with my natural instincts. That freedom also gave me a lot of confidence," said Kapali.

.................................................. ..
This I have to say is Mohsin Kamal's gift to our cricket. I have followed Kapali for the last two years, thought he could be a good replacement for Rafique mostly with the BALL. Never in a million years did I think he would score three (3) 50's in a series.
Old December 20, 2002, 06:12 AM
First BC Member

Yes, I agree with that. Even with all the bad things of him, Alok Kapali is the only good thing to remember him by when he will be gone after the world cup (for sure).

Old December 20, 2002, 10:34 AM
Banned

What are you brewing their, fwullah ??

Are you saying there will be a one to one swap - Gordon for Mohsin ??

If so, we definitely need a. roberts to visit us atleast twice every year on a weekly basis.